g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Italian Serie A - 2021-2022

Gandalf

Are things balancing out at long last for plucky little Mourinho?

Endless whining about ref sabotage and this was second away game in a row Roma had penalty deep into injury time.

Still well set for 8th place finish with Viola only two points off them and Lazio should beat Venezia.

Comes to something when Mourinho could guide a team to 8th in a full season and no one really cares anymore.
He will be the first Manager to win the Europa Conference League and demand that everybody respect his achievements.

Pintu

He will be the first Manager to win the Europa Conference League and demand that everybody respect his achievements.
You can expect Feyenoord, Leicester or Marseille to knock him out of that useless Micky mouse thing.

And If he finishes out of the top 6, that would be the real “achievement” (i.e. failure). Roma fans don’t want to end another season behind Lazio. I wonder if they can take that.

Gandalf

You can expect Feyenoord, Leicester or Marseille to knock him out of that useless Micky mouse thing.

And If he finishes out of the top 6, that would be the real “achievement” (i.e. failure). Roma fans don’t want to end another season behind Lazio. I wonder if they can take that.
I really don't think Leicester could knock Roma out right now, have you seen the rubbish they are serving up?

Yagami

Good post resistant
Are they actually the better team though?
I take it you're not so sure about that? :D

The gap isn't big enough where I'd expect a Juve walkover, and won't be surprised if they do qualify, but yes, I think Juve are better. If they go in with the intent on playing on the front foot, I feel they'd be too much for Villarreal. Thing is, is Allegri brave enough?

I'm hearing Dybala may be back for this. So, I think Juve have a good enough defence to limit their chances, have Arthur for when they need some composure and control of the game, and Vlahovic and maybe Dybala up front to do the damage. Morata is in decent form, too, and Locatelli next to Arthur has given him the freedom to impact games in the final third which has benefited them greatly. Football isn't as simple as that but that's what makes them favourites for me.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
What VAR referee Massa told Guida in Torino vs. Inter

According to Il Corriere dello Sport and Il Corriere della Sera, VAR referee Davide Massa repeatedly told Marco Guida that Andrea Ranocchia ‘touched the ball before Andrea Belotti’s foot’ so the match official didn’t even have an on-field review.
Massa and Guida hit the headlines after a missed penalty call for the Granata in their home game against Inter on Sunday night. The Granata were 1-0 up when Ranocchia clearly fouled Belotti inside the Nerazzurri’s box, but the challenge didn’t lead to a penalty kick for Ivan Juric’s men.
Guida and Massa briefly spoke while the VAR referee was watching the challenge on his screen. Somehow, he didn’t tell Guida to have an on-field review because, according to Il Corriere dello Sport and Il Corriere della Sera, he repeated for three times that Ranocchia had touched the ball before Belotti’s foot.
What a farce

abundance

Supports
Inter
Inter is still the favourite according to all bookmakers. And you seem to have a manageable calendar.

What can I say, noice from the bookies...
but we clearly melted, and even if we somehow manage to gel back this season, it won't be soon enough to salvage a title challenge.
And Milan and Napoli calendar ain't worse than ours.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
What can I say, noice from the bookies...
but we clearly melted, and even if we somehow manage to gel back this season, it won't be soon enough to salvage a title challenge.
And Milan and Napoli calendar ain't worse than ours.
"Salvage" what, exactly? You are right up there if you win the game in hand, 1 point off first.

You talk as if you are miles behind Milan.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Ok it seems the meagre show Serie A clubs put in the CL once again is going to move “something” (don’t ask me, I don’t know :lol:), even more if the NT will be eliminated in the WC play-in next week. As for Juve, four years in a row going out to supposedly inferior and surely less paid opponents at R16 level, with four different managers, really means we need to buy better players. Hopefully, most of the current zombies will be out in the Summer.

CraftySoAndSo

Anytime i watch Fiorentina i always remind myself it's good they've got such a hungry striker in Cabral, though he seems to be spending most of his time on the bench because of Piatek. I'm hoping this is not what it looks like and he was looking at something else though.

Last edited:

RedDevilMachine

AC has a chance to go 6 points clear of Inter. Pretty surreal considering what they have been through. Zlatan winning wherever he goes.

HypeMerchant

Milan are now 6 points ahead of Inter. I understand Inter can’t finish above Milan if both have same points since Milan are better h2h?

What about Napoli vs Milan? I understand h2h they’re about even but Napoli have better goal difference. So Napoli finish top assuming points are equal?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Milan are now 6 points ahead of Inter. I understand Inter can’t finish above Milan if both have same points since Milan are better h2h?

What about Napoli vs Milan? I understand h2h they’re about even but Napoli have better goal difference. So Napoli finish top assuming points are equal?
Yep. H2H first tie-breaker, GD second

Pintu

If all 3 teams are tied, it will be a 3 way h2h and Milan is top in that h2h.

Without Inter, you are right, Napoli currently has a 4 goals advantage over Milan in the general goal difference. And that would give Napoli the edge.

CraftySoAndSo

As soon as the Milan game finished last night i switched off and went to bed so it's sad to wake up to see there were some unsavoury scenes afterwards. I remember Cagliari involved in racism a couple of years ago with Lukaku as well, anyway here's hoping for a nice relegation to Serie B for them.

Pintu

Zeman said that Lazio should win the derby and that Sarri was doing a better job than Mourinho.

Pintu

Apparently they saved 20M/year by rejecting Donnaruma and Calhanoglu’s demands.

It would be an incredible achievement to win the league with this. The league’s fifth wage bill. And less than half that of Juventus.

abundance

Supports
Inter
"Salvage" what, exactly? You are right up there if you win the game in hand, 1 point off first.

You talk as if you are miles behind Milan.
Yeah and now it's 3, if we win the game with Bologna that still hasn't a scheduled date.

1 win 4 draws and 2 losses since the start of February. Salernitana being the only win in two months.

7 points in seven games vs Milan's 17 and Napoli's 14.

We melted.

Milan's comeback in the derby destroyed us mentally and all the deep issues that our squad and coach have deflagrated at once.

It's not just a bad patch, we're in the middle of a psycological, tactical, technical and athletic maelstrom that won't be easily fixed.
It' over for us this season.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Oh damn i knew there was supposed to be something big to watch after the F1

Forgot it was the derby :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Oh damn i knew there was supposed to be something big to watch after the F1

Forgot it was the derby :lol:
This is one of the perks of the 'café and having so many users from all over the world. If you forget about something you intended to watch, there's a good chance a thread will be bumped to remind you!

CraftySoAndSo

Not a pen but brilliant control by Immobile. And just as i was about to post Roma get a second.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Apparently they saved 20M/year by rejecting Donnaruma and Calhanoglu’s demands.

It would be an incredible achievement to win the league with this. The league’s fifth wage bill. And less than half that of Juventus.
We would have given Donnarumma and Calhanoglu what they wanted :(

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Any chance SMS wants to leave this summer? And how much would he go for?
He's stayed at Lazio a little too long really, vibes of Zaha/Kane.

Think he'd be excellent fit for many top end prem teams. Assume his contract is running down now.

Dolf

He's stayed at Lazio a little too long really, vibes of Zaha/Kane.

Think he'd be excellent fit for many top end prem teams. Assume his contract is running down now.
Think so too. We could certainly use him.
Transfermarkt says he had a contract until june 2024. Would probably cost 70-90 mill euros.