Television It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Third better than the second but nothing great.
Couple of funny moments in third episode. Would've liked to see Dennis in the Dr office a bit more.

kps88

My favourites from the later seasons are the group therapy one and the one where they try to win an award.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Was a good episode, a return to form. But other than the group dating episode, this seaosn has been terrible so far.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Check the camera once Charlie starts "working" (at around 9 minutes). It's a single take all the way until the almost end, thought that was impressive.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Check the camera once Charlie starts "working" (at around 9 minutes). It's a single take all the way until the almost end, thought that was impressive.
Few obvious places where it was cut. Homage to True Detective and Birdman.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Thought it was a brilliant episode. Frank in the basement! :lol: I've enjoyed this season, think it's been great.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
:lol: Holy shit that was great. Frank in the basement had me crying.

kps88

Few obvious places where it was cut. Homage to True Detective and Birdman.
Yeah the director admits they cut a couple of times. He also said they were only inspired by True Detective. They shot and scored this before anyone ever saw Birdman, which is one crazy coincidence I find hard to believe with that drum track.

Donut

Yeah the director admits they cut a couple of times. He also said they were only inspired by True Detective. They shot and scored this before anyone ever saw Birdman, which is one crazy coincidence I find hard to believe with that drum track.
Yeah, I also don't believe it. Maybe they've added the drum track after seeing Birdman.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
I agree. That would be incredible if true. The drum track just makes it almost impossible for me to believe though, unless it was added in after Birdman was released or something (I know that Sunny is filmed months in advance of release).

kps88

I agree. That would be incredible if true. The drum track just makes it almost impossible for me to believe though, unless it was added in after Birdman was released or something (I know that Sunny is filmed months in advance of release).
Yeah, but at the same time they literally have no reason to lie about it and just say it was a Birdman parody too.

I bet the guy who scored the episode must have torn his hair out when he saw Birdman. It's one of those things no one will believe even if it is true :lol:

twitter thread suggester
Absolutely brilliant episode. One of the best ever.

KiD MoYeS

Latest episode was solid enough, got a few laughs from it. Dee falling from the ladder and Charlie discussing kids sucking up the cream from cream pies were the highlights. :lol: Other than that though, think it was my least favourite episode of the series.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I thought Dee's bits were too slapstick. Loved the rest.

Don't eat reptiles!

KiD MoYeS

:lol:

Come to think of it, it was a great episode, must not be in a comedy mood tonight.

Consistently brilliant show.

The waiter bits were great too.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
"I came here to make apology words."

"Spider, can I leave?"

:lol:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought the latest episode was crap. Very hit and miss season.

KiD MoYeS

Probably the weakest so far, wouldn't call it crap though.

Frank trying to become friends with the three randoms, "We didn't have a black." :lol:

KiD MoYeS

Yeah, dunno why they went with that to be honest. It felt awkward, it looked awkward. But it was meant to be awkward I suppose... Still was weird.

Dante

Average bang
The cast from IASIP did a group interview on Conan last night and Danny De Vito was high as feck. It was kind of uncomfortable viewing, if I'm honest.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I thought the Birdman ep was brilliant, and the opening drinking game one really good, but the rest of the season has been a bit meh tbf. Still, the hit rate is still bloody good for a show in it's 10th season, and one that's resisted any character development, coupling up* or fresh 'new cast member' introductions (post DeVito, obviously**)

I can only think of South Park as a sitcom with comparable consistency over so long a run, and that's a cartoon.

*That Charlie - Dee thing was horrible though. It should never have been done, and if it had to be, at least make a ridiculous story out of it that mines some comedy from the mental nature of both characters. Don't just do it and then...ignore it.

** It's amazing to think there was a time when DeVito wasn't in. And it's amazing how game he's been since joining. Him blacking up in the Birdman ep killed me. fecking legend.

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I thought the Birdman ep was brilliant, and the opening drinking game one really good,
I can only think of South Park as a sitcom with comparable consistency over so long a run, and that's a cartoon.
** It's amazing to think there was a time when DeVito wasn't in. And it's amazing how game he's been since joining. Him blacking up in the Birdman ep killed me. fecking legend.
Yes, yes and yes.

Seinfeld is also up there in terms of quality over many seasons.

The character development in this series has been: Mac's hidden gay side has been spotlighted more. Dennis' psychopathic nature has shone more. What's also (for a lack of a better word) remarkable is how Dee is still relevant and not boring despite being quite the bland and monotonous character.

kps88

They're doing a Family Feud style episode next week. Can't wait.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Thought the latest episode was average. The season definitely picked up from what I thought was a very poor start. That Birdman/True Detective episode is one of the best they've ever done.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Just watched all of the new season, and it kinda made me sad. Not because it wasn't funny, it often was very funny, but because of how cartoonish the characters have become, and how on-the-nose the dialogue is. Even when it's hilarious, the jokes feel way too fan-service-ish and inorganic. "Meta" is the new currency in comedy it seems, where self-referencing call backs and winking to the audience is deemed clever.

And all the jokes land a little more flat now that the distinctions are so clear. Gay christian Mac was funnier when it wasn't so obvious all the time. Similarly, psychotic Dennis has way too much dialogue actually explaining him being psychotic.

Still, there were highlights; burned up Cricket, drunk Charlie's subtitles in the premiere, and Keegan-Michael Key's exasperated game show host were gold.