Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

prtk0811

28 year old Croatian Ivan Perisic, Inter attacking winger linked to man united and liverpool

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Can't say I've seen him play but he seems to be a consistent 1 in 3 striker. Considering our problem is that we aren't prolific enough, he doesn't look to be what we're after at all.

izec

He was good at the Euros from what I remember.
He is better for Croatia than club from the numerous times i saw him. Far too inconsistent. After the Spain game he coloured his hair into the Croatian flag/shirt and flopped massively the game after. On his day a very good player and almost unstoppable, but is inconsistent as Nani at his worst times. At least he works his socks off for the team most of the time, even if going forward nothing works.

izec

Thank you. Some problem with translator, so is it 35 Million euros or Pounds?
From that Croatian paper, 35m pounds. Say Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal interested too. But i wouldnt be surprised if that paper isnt the most reliable one, i remember some bullshit stories from them regarding Modric and Rakitic transfers. But Mourinho is not in Zagreb to only enjoy the city i guess.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
From that Croatian paper, 35m pounds. Say Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal interested too. But i wouldnt be surprised if that paper isnt the most reliable one, i remember some bullshit stories from them regarding Modric and Rakitic transfers. But Mourinho is not in Zagreb to only enjoy the city i guess.
Not really. :) They probably just copied it from someone else who copied it from the Sun or some similar paper.
Thank you.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
List of players who we should sign before perisic-

Vrsalijko (Right back)
Kovacic
rakitic
Brozovic
Pjaca

Blind

Certainly an upgrade on the movement and width of our current left wing options, obviously not as gifted Martial and would probably take away a lot of playing time from him that's already sparse.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Pjaca would be a great signing.
Very talented but needs time to develop. I dont think juve will let him go either.

If we are to sign anyone from croatia it has to be my list, perisic is not it.

AgentP

Why would Jose have to go to watch him play an international to sign him. Sounds like bs to me.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
The papers say £35 Million. Are they having a laugh...
Another Cro papers are saying 40 mil Euros. Funny how Perisic can not play against Ukraine, but they write Jose is there to watch him, someone should tell him... Anyway, I would like to see Croatian player at United, but Perišić, er... not my first choice, even though he can play both wings and behind striker. Would like to see Pjaca or Vrsaljko, or both. Brozović might be the one Jose wants, and that will make me happier. Maybe Jose is there to watch Rog, or Jedvaj, or Mitrović, all good and young players. Perišić? Meh, good player, works hard, but not, imho, good enough for us.

Infra-red

31 players have joined the Premier League directly from Serie A in the past two-and-a-half years; more than half of them have already left the league (with most returning to Italy) and of the ones that remain, only seven are first-team regulars. We have especially good reason to be concerned about the prospects for any winger attempting to make the transition, as Michael Cox explains:

Stylistically, Italian football is also very different. The tempo is much slower, with relatively few teams pressing high up the pitch; tactically speaking, Serie A has existed in something of vacuum in the past half-decade. There have been plenty of three-man defences and an unusual obsession with the midfield diamond at a time when the rest of Europe is comfortable with the 4-2-3-1.

Italian football has rarely embraced width, either, meaning that the occasional winger in Serie A can seem brilliant simply because teams aren't accustomed to facing these players. Compare the superb performances in Serie A by the likes of Cuadrado, Lamela, Giaccherini, Mohamed Salah and Gervinho to their Premier League displays, and the difference is quite stark.

Equally, it's been interesting to see Darmian struggle at Manchester United, particularly in the recent high-tempo game against Liverpool. In Serie A he might occasionally have faced a quick winger in a fast game -- in England, he'll have that challenge almost every week.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/blog/tactic...erie-a-struggles-to-produce-exportable-talent

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Is he any better than OX?
Yes. He has an end product. Very good player, could've been world class with a higher football IQ. For £35M i hope this is true, though inter fans won't agree with me(they love perisic and seem to be convinced he's the croatian Bale)

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Went through Croatian papers, and one is saying that Jose is in Zagreb to watch Brozović as well. Some papers are writing that Rooney and Fellaini are leaving in the summer, and Jose wants Griezmann, Perišić and Brozović...I will stop reading papers now, or I'm afraid by the end of the day Jose will want whole Cro NT. :roll eyes:
Yes. He has an end product. Very good player, could've been world class with a higher football IQ. For £35M i hope this is true, though inter fans won't agree with me(they love perisic and seem to be convinced he's the croatian Bale)
he is a very good player, yes, and he works hard, but, not sure if he is the right player for United, but if he comes, I will wish him all the luck in the world. And if it is true that Jose wants him, I do believe he knows better that we do.
Is he any better than OX?
Is that a joke? He is much much better than OX.

Where would he play, left wing?
Can play left wing, right wing, behind the striker, but his best position is left wing.

Damn, if I knew Jose will be in Zagreb.... eh, too late now.

izec

Brozovic comes as a surprise to me. Granted i havent watched him much, but we need a 6 more than a good 8. Brozovic is good, but nothing special to me and i never thought of him as being a guy we should buy. Perisic the same.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I was watching Inter vs Torino the other day and he looked proper crap there so I have concluded that I don't really want him

Champagne Football

He was good at the Euros from what I remember.
I thought he was the stand out player for Croatia at the Euros also. I was surprised no PL club went in for him. He'd be a perfect Jose wide player signing ala Willian. A dynamic hard working wide player who will do the dirty grafting work in every game while being able to pitch in with plenty of goals and assists too. Him and another goal-scoring forward such as a Greizmann, a Lukaku, Moussa Dembele, Neymar, Moratta etc and I think our forward line will be in much better shape than this season.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Having him seen regularly over years, just don't bother with him. The kind of player who would 1.) not get you anywhere and 2.) shows how much the Italian league regressed. There's a reason both Dortmund and Wolfsburg let him go without much hesitation, he is, while undoubtedly class sometimes, also having a questionable attitude and, on average, not better than more than a dozen wingers out there. And that's not even taking into account younger players who will undoubtedly have a brighter future in front of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.