Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Meh, pasalic is nothing special. Rog on the other hand has looked fantastic in the last month(apparently he wasn't physically fit enough to play before then, according to Sarri...)

Hopefully you guys can give inter a lot of money for perisic :D
Hope we try to lure Kovacic from you guys :drool:

He isn't displacing Modric or Kroos anytime soon, and he might get itchy feet.

I wouldn't even be sure that Mourinho was there to watch anyone in particular, what does an international match vs Ukraine of all countries really tell you either way?
True, but on the other hand why would he spend his spare time watching Croatia - Ukraine of all things.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
True, but on the other hand why would he spend his spare time watching Croatia - Ukraine of all things.
I'm pretty sure it had some kind of significane (maybe meeting up with a player or agent. My point was more that I wouldn't rule out the Perisic rumours just because he didn't play.

Jaybomb

To be honest, I don't really want us to sign him.

Cuadrado, El Shaarawy or Salah would suit us much better. And then you have the likes of James, Griezmann, etc.

I've always been a big fan of Ever Banega as well. Think he would be great here.

Ban

Meh, pasalic is nothing special. Rog on the other hand has looked fantastic in the last month(apparently he wasn't physically fit enough to play before then, according to Sarri...)

Hopefully you guys can give inter a lot of money for perisic :D
I agree. Never got the hype Pašalić gets here tbh.
Rog tho, he could be a real deal.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Watching this and there's not anything other than pace that really stands out here. Is there a chance Jose sees him as a Valencia, winger-to-full-back incarnation on the left side? He's 6 foot 1 and this compilation below features a fair few runs from deep.

POF

but 35-60 mil for someone to be a back up?
The way I see it, #10 should be Mikhi. If we are playing 3 5 2, then this guy wont fit in the system. If we play 3 4 3 Mikhi will play on right and this guy wont fit in.

I dont see any business sense in this transfer. I hope its one of those fake transfer news.
United have played a back 3 twice all season. What makes you think they would regularly play either of those systems next season.

I think £35m is too much for Perisic, let alone £60m but a left footed winger would be a great option in the squad.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I don't know what Mourinho is seeing with Perisic. He's just average and very frustrating. But on the other hand a big prestige transfer could totally lift him up and give him newfound confidence.

BBer13

regardless of whether or not we sign him, the most shocking thing for me is the prices that get quoted now. You would never 10 years ago expect football to get this big in terms of money, i know Rio cost us a small fortune over a decade ago but these fees are mind blowing in the context of how common there becoming.

Salman Bin Ahmed

United have played a back 3 twice all season. What makes you think they would regularly play either of those systems next season.

I think £35m is too much for Perisic, let alone £60m but a left footed winger would be a great option in the squad.
What makes me think we will? I never said they will play 3 at the back next season. My point was, Perisic doesn't fit the system Jose is trying to play. Which is either 3 - 4 -3 or 3-5-2 nor 4-2-3-1. In all those systems Mikhi is best at #10 or right on the wing. we dont need a 35m pound guy to sit on the bench or take Mikhi's place. IMO Mikhi will top class the more he plays for us consistently at one position in future.

So I am against buying perisic regardless, especially considering his age to be 29 next year.

POF

What makes me think we will? I never said they will play 3 at the back next season. My point was, Perisic doesn't fit the system Jose is trying to play. Which is either 3 - 4 -3 or 3-5-2 nor 4-2-3-1. In all those systems Mikhi is best at #10 or right on the wing. we dont need a 35m pound guy to sit on the bench or take Mikhi's place. IMO Mikhi will top class the more he plays for us consistently at one position in future.

So I am against buying perisic regardless, especially considering his age to be 29 next year.
Jose has played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 in all but 2 games this season. I expect 4-2-3-1 to be the formation of choice next season and Perisic is perfectly suited to a role on either side of the 3 in that system. He wouldn't be in competition with Mkhitaryan at all as they play in different positions and offer something completely different.

Whether he can play in a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 is irrelevant as Jose has used those systems twice and never this season and is unlikely to do so much next season.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I wouldn't even be sure that Mourinho was there to watch anyone in particular, what does an international match vs Ukraine of all countries really tell you either way?
Then again, it's probably the only opportunity he gets to watch players outside of United live. If he's travelling all the way he must have had a good reason for it other than enjoying such a shite game, not saying he necessarily was there for Perisic alone but he's probably got something up his sleeve.

SATA

He will come and replace Martial on the left which means Martial will probably have to leave the club to seek regular football. Has some tricks and bags of pace, but his final ball is absolutely shocking looking at the clip above

Salman Bin Ahmed

Jose has played 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 in all but 2 games this season. I expect 4-2-3-1 to be the formation of choice next season and Perisic is perfectly suited to a role on either side of the 3 in that system. He wouldn't be in competition with Mkhitaryan at all as they play in different positions and offer something completely different.

Whether he can play in a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 is irrelevant as Jose has used those systems twice and never this season and is unlikely to do so much next season.
Actually, changing the System at this stage of the season is not a fluke. I think he changed it for a reason at this critical time, that itself shows something about what he is thinking about the future of this system this season and beyond. Also, I think we need someone on the Right flank, but 29 yr old? Nah. Again it will be a temporary solution and not a permanent one which I and the other fans would be looking for.

Pavl3n

I'm pretty sure it had some kind of significane (maybe meeting up with a player or agent. My point was more that I wouldn't rule out the Perisic rumours just because he didn't play.
Then again, it's probably the only opportunity he gets to watch players outside of United live. If he's travelling all the way he must have had a good reason for it other than enjoying such a shite game, not saying he necessarily was there for Perisic alone but he's probably got something up his sleeve.
A lot of the papers were writing about meeting with Predrag Mijatovic (I thought he is Serbian). But surely he knew about Perisic's unavailability. So if he prefers to watch this game over Portugal let's say, then there must be some sort of business there.

He will come and replace Martial on the left which means Martial will probably have to leave the club to seek regular football. Has some tricks and bags of pace, but his final ball is absolutely shocking looking at the clip above
Are you out of your mind? Martial will only get better and Perisic's star will be setting in a year or two. He will be struggling in the PL. I would believe it to be a back up, rather than replacement.

And all that talk of 35m, whether it's £ or €, is outrageous. Wherever Mourinho has managed he's done good business and rarely overpaying. We've done well on the transfer market last two windows. Mikhi 26m, Bailly 30m, Morgan 22£, Depay 18m (which I think is a fairly good price, considered the flop he's been). So if we are to buy Perisic, I don't think we'll pay more than 20-25.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I hope it is to sign Mateo Kovacic this would make much more sense.

POF

Actually, changing the System at this stage of the season is not a fluke. I think he changed it for a reason at this critical time, that itself shows something about what he is thinking about the future of this system this season and beyond. Also, I think we need someone on the Right flank, but 29 yr old? Nah. Again it will be a temporary solution and not a permanent one which I and the other fans would be looking for.
He has played the system in 2 of the last 4 games, both in Europe in unusual circumstances when the team was lacking numbers in midfield, he had all 4 of his centre backs fit and the players were looking fatigued.

You may be right that it's part of some bigger master plan but I don't think so.

Zoo

A proper wideman is what we need. I like him.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
He brings some width into the team, but is he the quality we need? Don't think so, especially at that price.

izec

Perisic is our Willian, without the freekicks. Silva is as hard working, even if he is smaller and isnt as fast, but he is a much better player though.

Last edited:

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Hmmm, in José I guess I'll have to trust on this one.

Don't know anything about him, but the caf seems to think he's shit. :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Probably a load of shite, we can't believe every transfer rumour we see.

the unknown one.

The raven sits ever watchful above my chamber door
None of you complaining have ever seen him play regularly have you?

Your reactions are frankly laughable.

He is a very good player who is very experienced which is crucial for Jose when we have so many young forward players like Martial and Rashford.

His pace will be invaluable in the Premier League.

Status
Not open for further replies.