Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

So is this fella an out and out winger? If so he wouldn't be a plan b option after failing to get plan a (silva) would he?
Yes and no. He is an offensive allrounder, but mostly a classical winger, played most of his games for Wolfsburg, Inter and Croatia on the left side. I dont think it would mean he is plan a or plan b, hard to say, since he is a left winger and Silva played most of the time on the right/through the middle for Monaco

Macern

Pee pee pants
So is this fella an out and out winger? If so he wouldn't be a plan b option after failing to get plan a (silva) would he?
Doubt it. Different players. Perisic plays on the left, Bernardo plays on the right or in the middle. Perisic is more of a winger, while Bernardo is a playmaker, a bit similar to Mata or David Silva

Skills

Snitch
So in summary those who watch Italian league regularly and Inter fans rate him quite highly whilst experts on RedCafe don't. Hmm, I dunno who to believe?
Generally a bit apprehensive about signing wingers and full backs from Italy. See Salah, Cuadrado & Darmian. I reckon if you have a little bit of pace, you look like a god in Serie A. Then get found out in a more athletically gifted league.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Watching this and there's not anything other than pace that really stands out here. Is there a chance Jose sees him as a Valencia, winger-to-full-back incarnation on the left side? He's 6 foot 1 and this compilation below features a fair few runs from deep.

Watching this back. Still think the same. There's a Kolarov-like quality about him, in a good way.

Noticeable how many low early crosses he put in. Can imagine that's a prime tactical move Jose would like to fit a fast forward like Griezmann.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
So in summary those who watch Italian league regularly and Inter fans rate him quite highly whilst experts on RedCafe don't. Hmm, I dunno who to believe?
Caf experts knows best, no doubt!

Skills

Snitch
Bernardo Silva is nothing like a Mourinho player anyway tbh. Don't think he would've been anywhere on Mourinho's wish list.

Devil may care

A complete nothing player with a shite attitude which is why he's bused around so often, the price is also ludicrous for such medicority, hopefully this isn't true.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
People on here want a fast, dribbling winger, who can beat their man with skill as well as pace...
Get linked with one... DOOOOM.

el3mel

Didn't watch a single match for Inter this season so I can't really give any opinion here.

If we are for him, I'll trust Jose judgement then. We need a LW anyway as giving this place 100% to a young talent as Martial isn't a good idea.

AgentP

I guess people on here(including me) don't rate him that highly because his YouTube highlights are not really eye-catching. People who have actually seen him play, can you tell me which player he is similar to?

VanHaal'sRedArmy

How is he compared to Son? I know Son's had an incredible season, but does he (Perisic) frustrate Inter/Croatia fans with his touch/dribbling?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes a good winger and better then our wide options. Bit underwhelming all the same, but a proper winger is vital this summer.

jungledrums

I don't think that's quite true to be fair. He's lightning fast and about as ambidextrous as any footballer you'll find playing today, but he's very inconsistent. I think I'm more opposed to him because I don't think we necessarily need a winger if we bring in Griezmann and a CF. Even if we do, he's not better than any of our attackers (when in form) in my opinion.
Would love to see us persist with Martial and Mkhi on the left and right.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Generally a bit apprehensive about signing wingers and full backs from Italy. See Salah, Cuadrado & Darmian. I reckon if you have a little bit of pace, you look like a god in Serie A. Then get found out in a more athletically gifted league.
Look, wingers often do well in Serie A because they generally face teams playing 3-5-2 that arent accustomed to playing against typical wingers. That's why players like Salah and Cuadrado thrive in Serie A whereas they flopped in the Premier League.
That's a really stupid point because Inter doesn't expect and demand as much from their players as Man Utd does.

Devil may care

Absolute nonsense.
I can see already that we have a shitty player fanboy, there's one in every thread, he's a nothing player with a lousy attitude and temprement who only does anything of note when he plays for the national team, he's not nearly good enough and certainly not for the stupid fee mentioned.

el3mel

I swear any player we will get linked with will get attacked by the Caf this summer :lol:

People need to differentiate between what they dream of and what Jose wants. He clearly has certain ideas for the team that not obligatory to agree with what fans dream of.

He knows his job and who he wants.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't think that's quite true to be fair. He's lightning fast and about as ambidextrous as any footballer you'll find playing today, but he's very inconsistent. I think I'm more opposed to him because I don't think we necessarily need a winger if we bring in Griezmann and a CF. Even if we do, he's not better than any of our attackers (when in form) in my opinion.
Would love to see us persist with Martial and Mkhi on the left and right.
See that's a fair opinion because it seems you've watched him quite a lot. Enough to have a fair opinion, many it seems have deemed him to be underwhelming cos he's not a big name.

All the Italian reactions on him have been very, very positive and you'd assume that they've seen a lot more of him than what we have.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Those Italian league fans also highlight the poor mentality of Perisic, which smells trouble when coupled with Mourinho.

Add to that he's not exactly setting Serie A on fire by way of stats and he'l be turning 29 coupled with the supposed fee - it sounds like a shitty transfer.

KM

Those Italian league fans also highlight the poor mentality of Perisic, which smells trouble when coupled with Mourinho.

Add to that he's not exactly setting Serie A on fire by way of stats and he'l be turning 29 coupled with the supposed fee - it sounds like a shitty transfer.
Who's highlighting the poor mentality, I'm sorry I must have missed those posts. But if true, then it's a bad signing as Mourinho demands much more from his players mentally as compared to others.

jungledrums

See that's a fair opinion because it seems you've watched him quite a lot. Enough to have a fair opinion, many it seems have deemed him to be underwhelming.

All the Italian reactions on him have been very, very positive and you'd assume that they've seen a lot more of him than what we have.
Room mate is an Inter fan, I hardly have a choice!
Perhaps it is a bit disconcerting seeing City sign Silva and us get linked to Perisic... But you are right, he's better than what the general opinion in here seems to be. I do stand by what I said though, good player though he is, I wouldn't want him.

Devil may care

Who's highlighting the poor mentality, I'm sorry I must have missed those posts. But if true, then it's a bad signing as Mourinho demands much more from his players mentally as compared to others.
Just look him up, he's left 2 German clubs in quick succession because his attitude stinks.

KM

Just look him up, he's left 2 German clubs in quick succession because his attitude stinks.
But players mature with age. There's been many examples of players having a complete turnaround in their attitude as they've grown old.

Also, I just have to point out but from that Inter forum link which Damien has pointed out, many have said that he's very hardworking and his attitude dropped off with the rest of the team at the end of the season when it turned out that their manager wasn't good.

KM

Again, you just have to assume that this guy has watched him more times than us.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Interesting to see people question his attitude. From what I've seen of him I've always thought he's a very Mourinho sort of player. Plays every game like it's his last, similar to Herrera.

Raw

Seems like a lot of Serie A watchers and Croatians rate him pretty highly. £30m would be a better price though.

Status
Not open for further replies.