Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROFLUTION

I trust in José. 4 great signings so far and he's been good at picking reliable squadplayers too.

Perisic had a fantasic tournament at the euros - if thats his top level and José can get it out at the right times in the season, then great.

Ban

Hopefully not, Brozovic is another nothing player, does Mijatovic not represent anyone good?
Nothing player? Waaay of the mark there. He"s a very good player. Can play as a CM, winger, behind the striker.

Whoever thinks Jose came for Modrić can forget about it. Not a chance.

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
I trust in José. 4 great signings so far and he's been good at picking reliable squadplayers too.

Perisic had a fantasic tournament at the euros - if thats his top level and José can get it out at the right times in the season, then great.
We need players with less if's about them, already have a squad full.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
After looking at these pictures and putting together the facts I think he is after Modric. He is Croatian and who signed him for Real Madrid...? Thats right...Jose Mourinho. All the pieces of the jigsaw fit imo
Hardly going to need to go talk to agents and watch Croatia live to scout Luka Modric.

Devil may care

Nothing player? Waaay of the mark there. He"s a very good player. Can play as a CM, winger, behind the striker.

Whoever thinks Jose came for Modrić can forget about it. Not a chance.
Yes, nothing player, a jack of all trades workhorse, not good enough for a top side.

Devil may care

How many times did you see him in action?
I don't know to the exact number but I've seen him play around 25 times since he's been at Inter, they are often on BT sport on a weekend and in the EL.

AlecHDR

Angry, incoherent heterosexual slob
Versatile and good squad option. People only seem to want to improve our first 11. That is needed admittedly but you also want a few options off the bench and for rotation.

Devil may care

Versatile and good squad option. People only seem to want to improve our first 11. That is needed admittedly but you also want a few options off the bench and for rotation.
£35M for a bench player is silly though, you want two options to compete for a spot, Peresic should never be good enough to start fo us if we aim to get back where we were. He's basically changed club every other season for the last 6 years and they are all sideways moves, backwards really when he went from Dortmund to Wolfsburg. If Jose is only buying 3 players this summer this guy would be a compolete waste of one, like PSG buying Jese.

KN5

If he's good enough to play a sort of 12th man/super sub role where he gives us energy and a different dimension off the bench and is a reliable consistent contributor but doesn't do anything special then I'm all ears, but would really only pay around 25m for a player that can do that.

Inter Yer Nan

Think he'd be brought with the intention he's a starter but will have to play his way in a la Mkhtaryan. Not sure what that means for Martial? Unless Zlatan is off and Jose is willing to let Martial and Rashford duke it out for the No.9 spot? Seems unlikely. I'm fairly sure Griezmann will sign.

pilky02

Supports
I could eat a nob at night
Think he'd be brought with the intention he's a starter but will have to play his way in a la Mkhtaryan. Not sure what that means for Martial? Unless Zlatan is off and Jose is willing to let Martial and Rashford duke it out for the No.9 spot? Seems unlikely. I'm fairly sure Griezmann will sign.
Let's be honest, Mourinho was the worst thing to happen to Martial. He expects him to play like Hazard every match or he is dropped for the next 2 or 3 games. Martial hasn't really helped the situation either by using his agent to have a moan for the first half of the season. I think Mourinho is the type of person to hold onto grudges and get the impression that he just doesn't like him at all, considering how patient he is with Rashford in interviews in contrast to his refusal to even praise Martial when he plays his socks off. The reason Mourinho will never be more than a stop gap here is his impatience with young immature players, take Fergie or even Pochettino for example who is described as a father figure by many players he manages to improve and get the best out off. A 28 year old, hardworking, tall player seems exactly the type of signing Mourinho would make with plans to give him all of the minutes at left wing.

Ban

Let's be honest, Mourinho was the worst thing to happen to Martial. He expects him to play like Hazard every match or he is dropped for the next 2 or 3 games. Martial hasn't really helped the situation either by using his agent to have a moan for the first half of the season. I think Mourinho is the type of person to hold onto grudges and get the impression that he just doesn't like him at all, considering how patient he is with Rashford in interviews in contrast to his refusal to even praise Martial when he plays his socks off. The reason Mourinho will never be more than a stop gap here is his impatience with young immature players, take Pochettino for example who is described as a father figure by many players he manages to improve and get the best out off. A 28 year old, hardworking, tall player seems exactly the type of signing Mourinho would make with plans to give him all of the minutes at right wing.
He is patient with Rashford but not with Martial apparenty. How come he's patient with one young player and not with the other?
Martial has been playing really often in last couple of games and hasn't really been brilliant. It's easier to just say Mourinho doesn't like him.
Also Perišić is a left winger. And I'm not what his height has to do with it.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Just seen this thread after I've seen Jose in the stands in Zagreb. Perisic doesn't even play because of bookings. It really doesn't make much sense that Jose came to this game because of him.

Predrag Mijatovic, former Real Madrid Director of football, who is with Jose in Zagreb, also denied the story and said that Jose is at the game because he loves Croatia national team in general. Now, read from that whatever you like.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He's carrying Inter with his work rate and experience at the moment. From time to time we could use his game saving abilities especially with so many underwhelming results.

Devil may care

Let's be honest, Mourinho was the worst thing to happen to Martial. He expects him to play like Hazard every match or he is dropped for the next 2 or 3 games. Martial hasn't really helped the situation either by using his agent to have a moan for the first half of the season. I think Mourinho is the type of person to hold onto grudges and get the impression that he just doesn't like him at all, considering how patient he is with Rashford in interviews in contrast to his refusal to even praise Martial when he plays his socks off. The reason Mourinho will never be more than a stop gap here is his impatience with young immature players, take Fergie or even Pochettino for example who is described as a father figure by many players he manages to improve and get the best out off. A 28 year old, hardworking, tall player seems exactly the type of signing Mourinho would make with plans to give him all of the minutes at left wing.
I don't think he needs him to play like Hazard every game, I think he has the same issue with Martia that he had with Hazard, not enough work off the ball either defesnively or making runs. As far as the father figure thing goes, didn't Bailly say that about Jose? Don't get me wrong, I'll be pissed if a medicore player like Perisic is bought for this ridiculous price and replaces Martial.

Ban

Just seen this thread after I've seen Jose in the stands in Zagreb. Perisic doesn't even play because of bookings. It really doesn't make much sense that Jose came to this game because of him.

Predrag Mijatovic, former Real Madrid Director of football, who is with Jose in Zagreb, also denied the story and said that Jose is at the game because he loves Croatia national team in general. Now, read from that whatever you like.
Not buying that at all.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Mijatovic just said no story here. Jose loves to watch croatia national team so he came to watch the game.
In which perisic does not even play.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
@Ban I am not buying that also. Of course Mijatovic will deny the story and that statement that Jose just loves Croatia national team seems there just to get rid of the juornalists. But to visit the game because of the player who doesn't even play is even more strange.

Like you said in WC 2018 Qualifiers thread, Jedvaj also crossed my mind when I first saw that Jose visited this game. Kalinic is his type of forward but not that level of quality. Maybe he wanted to see Pjaca in action.

Don't know really... He just confused me by visiting this game.

AlecHDR

:lol::lol:

That makes no sense to me. You like a national team if one of the following things are true:
  • You have some personal connection to the country
  • It is one of the great footballing nations who play good football (Brazil, Germany, Netherlands...)
  • They have an exciting current crop of players who you enjoy watching
None of which apply to Croatia.

Ban

:lol::lol:

That makes no sense to me. You like a national team if one of the following things are true:
  • You have some personal connection to the country
  • It is one of the great footballing nations who play good football (Brazil, Germany, Netherlands...)
  • They have an exciting current crop of players who you enjoy watching
None of which apply to Croatia.
Are you sure about the bolded part?

AlecHDR

Are you sure about the bolded part?
No. Maybe what excites Mourinho is different from what excites me. There were good at the Euros, but are they a team you would want to travel to watch?

Ban

No. Maybe what excites Mourinho is different from what excites me. There were good at the Euros, but are they a team you would want to travel to watch?
Yeah. Modrić, Rakitić, Mandžukić, Kovačić...
Nothing special I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.