Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yeah. Modrić, Rakitić, Mandžukić, Kovačić...
Nothing special I guess.
You've been really defensive in this thread. You don't have to take every Croatia-related comment to heart.

Ban

You've been really defensive in this thread. You don't have to take every Croatia-related comment to heart.
I haven't. How did you come to that conclusion. All I'm saying is we have a good group of players and it isn't strange if someone like Jose would want to come to see us.

Not that I believe Mijatović when he says that.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Would be a similar signing as Schürrle to Chelsea. Would score a few goals, be a decent impact sub but ultimately not good enough and would be moved 1-2 years later. Difference is that Chelsea took a shot at Schürrle because he was in his early twenties and promising, Perisic is 28 and unlikely to improve.
I get why the croatin members on here a keen on him, he has performed good for national team and thanks to his skillset he can look like a Ronaldo lite on his day - but he's simpy to inconsistent and it's wishful thinking to hope that it'll suddenly 'click'.

Edit: Oh and the 'Mourinho is just there because he loves the Croatian national team' is obviously bullshit, sorry but there is no way that he uses one of his rare days of to fly to Croatia to watch a boring qualify match without having any other intentions.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Might be Kovačić, he is hardly getting a sniff at RM, and we need competition for cm.

Bit wishful thinking on my part I'll admit since I really don't want Perisic.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
My thoughts on the topic.

Perisic is a good player and on his day a great one. But such days are not so often. He had a great Euro but this season he is again pretty hit and miss. When he isn't in form he still has other things to offer like positional discipline and work rate.

For me, too inconsistent and in general definitely not an upgrade on our current options on the wing. Maybe some upgrade in defensive terms but that's just not enough. I hope that Jose isn't in Zagreb because of him.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
All so negative about Perisic, he is a fine player, huge workrate and I think would work very well in a Mourinho team.

He is not such a shining young gem like Mbappé or O.Dembele but you can't have a team filled with those players. He is a versatile forward, he has alot of experience, good skills and would be a massive upgrade over players like Young or Lingard and a very good rotational option for us on both wings.

Rake

We already have one Ashley Young. We should just keep him and try to negotiate a lower salry. Underwhelming signing if true

ti vu

He's like Darmien Duff in a sense. Not really top class, but very good on his day with massive workrate, good attitude & discipline, can play on both wings... He has end product offensively though than people compare with Welbeck & Ashley Young.

Then nothing is concrete about this rumor, especially the fee. Pogba, Mkhitaryan fee last summer turned out to be different than what the papers touted.

Last edited:

AgentP

So from what I have gathered in this thread so far, Perisic will be a decent squad player who mainly plays on the left wing. He will cost 35m pounds. He is inconsistent but a hard worker and will stick to his task.

Do we really need to sign a squad player for that much? If he plays left wing, does that mean Martial will get even less game time?My opinion is our squad needs around 3 signings who will immediately slot into the starting XI. We have Martial, Lingard, Mkhitaryan and Mata already and looking to sign Greizmann. So I can't see where Perisic will fit in.

Ferguson

That left footed shot of his could be effective as an inside winger on the right side of midfield.

Plus he can cross with either foot which is something that would benefit Ibra.

35mil is cheap for our market.

ti vu

So from what I have gathered in this thread so far, Perisic will be a decent squad player who mainly plays on the left wing. He will cost 35m pounds. He is inconsistent but a hard worker and will stick to his task.

Do we really need to sign a squad player for that much? If he plays left wing, does that mean Martial will get even less game time?My opinion is our squad needs around 3 signings who will immediately slot into the starting XI. We have Martial, Lingard, Mkhitaryan and Mata already and looking to sign Greizmann. So I can't see where Perisic will fit in.
He's not squad player. Look at his chance creation stats this season

http://www.squawka.com/players/ivan...eason-2016/2017#717#all-matches#1-29#by-match

Many factor plays in so not accurately to judge, but his stats arguably rival Mata's while this guy is better defensively & better on the wing due to his pace & physique.

Martial is better as X factor & has potential to be better player, but for a player the whole 90 minutes, Perisic is currently overall more useful, balanced in his game at the moment. He works hard & effective defensively. Thing is he's more winger than wing forward or make wide play maker... is already big plus. Our true wingers are now playing in defense (Young, Valencia) since their attacking quality declined while their defensive quality is still very good.

I don't have faith in papers rumored fee or I think we definitely sign this guy. Just that he's not too bad as some people put him as

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good player and would improve us, and give us someone who can actually play as a winger... but hes 28... not that old but at the rumoured price and him mainly playing on the left, would it be needed? Not sure how often he plays on the right but if he could then it would make it worth it.

POF

I would be very happy with Perisic. A left footed winger is sorely lacking in the current squad. When I have seen him for Croatia he looks very talented. Pace, good dribbler, high defensive workrate and an eye for goal.

£35m seems a bit steep for him but I think he would be a really good option, either as a counter attacking option or providing width on the left when trying to break a team down.

AgentP

He's not squad player. Look at his chance creation stats this season

http://www.squawka.com/players/ivan...eason-2016/2017#717#all-matches#1-29#by-match

Many factor plays in so not accurately to judge, but his stats arguably rival Mata's while this guy is better defensively & better on the wing due to his pace & physique.

Martial is better as X factor & has potential to be better player, but for a player the whole 90 minutes, Perisic is currently overall more useful, balanced in his game at the moment. He works hard & effective defensively.

I don't have faith in papers rumored fee or I think we definitely sign this guy. Just that he's not too bad as some people put him as
He seems to be a Mourinho type player from your description. Somewhat like Willian I guess. I haven't actually watched him play much so can't really pass a judgement on the player. We need to trust Mourinho to get it right. But I still don't think there's much truth in the story as you said. In my opinion, we should also have a look at Felipe Anderson. He would be way more costly though.

ROFLUTION

When I watch videos of Badelj, I believe Badelj from Fiorentina is the one we're after - more of a Carrick/Matic/Mikel type of player, which seems to be what we'll be after soon

Contracted until 2018, so wont be silly expensive. But other big clubs has been around him. It sounds more likely as the guy we'd go after.

Ban

When I watch videos of Badelj, I believe Badelj from Fiorentina is the one we're after - more of a Carrick/Matic/Mikel type of player, which seems to be what we'll be after soon

Contracted until 2018, so wont be silly expensive. But other big clubs has been around him. It sounds more likely as the guy we'd go after.
He's decent but that's about it. Goes missing a lot of times. We could and should do better.
If we'll shop in Fiorentina Kalinić is the one we should go for. Although he isn't a top class forward, he's in a form of his life.

Last edited:

Salman Bin Ahmed

I haven't. How did you come to that conclusion. All I'm saying is we have a good group of players and it isn't strange if someone like Jose would want to come to see us.

Not that I believe Mijatović when he says that.
No coach goes to " see " a match. We all know they go to look at a player they like. Whats wrong with that?

Smacky The Frog

I see him less as a Willian, who gives you a 6 or 7 out of 10 performance consistently, and more a poor man's Di Maria, wildly fluctuating between good and utter shit. Except his peak level is nowhere near Di Maria. Not a signing that would take United forward.

Of course, I've only watched 10 or so full games of him, but this is a football forum on the internet, and if I can't make confident proclamations on a player on the basis of limited evidence, what is even the point of being here?

NYAS

I don't think Jose is this unambitious. Hope it isn't true.

POF

I agree. he plays behind the strikers, attacking midfielder or on the flanks. Do we really need this quality right now? I thought, Mikhi was doing an excellent job already in those positions.
Unlikely that Miki can play all of those positions at the same time.

United recently started a cup final with Jesse Lingard playing the number 10 role because they had one injury (Mkhitaryan). More attacking options are vital and there isn't a left footed winger at the club.

Hahao

The two Croatian players we should be after are Marko Rog and Mario Pasalic but Jose likely didnt come for either of them as Rog gets little playing time and Pasalic isnt even on the team.

You want the next Modric from Croatia though? Its Marko Rog IMO.
And Pasalic is the guy that can flat out play. A great midfielder.

Also I would like to get Kovacic.

NYAS

United recently started a cup final with Jesse Lingard playing the number 10 role because they had one injury (Mkhitaryan). More attacking options are vital and there isn't a left footed winger at the club.
Perisic isn't a big enough improvement in quality on Jesse Lingard. We need to stop buying players we already know don't have the potential to start at the level we aim to be at. We have enough of those thanks to Van Gaal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
The two Croatian players we should be after are Marko Rog and Mario Pasalic but Jose likely didnt come for either of them as Rog gets little playing time and Pasalic isnt even on the team.

You want the next Modric from Croatia though? Its Marko Rog IMO.
And Pasalic is the guy that can flat out play. A great midfielder.

Also I would like to get Kovacic.
Palisic is owned by Chelsea isn't he? Been on a series of loans?

Blind

He's decent but that's about it. Goes missing a lot of times. We could and should do better.
If we'll shop in Fiorentina Kalinić is the one we should go for. Although he isn't a top class forward, he's in a form of his life.
Yeah Kalinic would be a decent option up front, he's like the Croatian Harry Kane, a bit awkward on the ball but constantly finds the net.

Hahao

Palisic is owned by Chelsea isn't he? Been on a series of loans?
Oh yuuup. Forgot about that. Bossing is at Ac Milan though. Also bossed it in Monaco.
Oh well. Can't have them all.

Well in that case its just Rog. He really impressed me against Spain. He played against Andres Iniesta and he more than held his own, bossed that midfield and they didnt even miss Modric in that game.

Last edited:

POF

Perisic isn't a big enough improvement in quality on Jesse Lingard. We need to stop buying players we already know don't have the potential to start at the level we aim to be at. We have enough of those thanks to Van Gaal.
I've been very impressed with Perisic whenever I have seen him play but I won't say I have seen enough of him to disagree with you on his consistent quality. But he is the type of player United need. A left footed attacking winger adds something the squad doesn't have and "we already have Mkhitaryan" is not a reason not to sign one.

Dong Fangzhuo

If I thought we were signing 4-5 players this summer, I would be fine with one of them being a 28 year old squad player. If, as Mourinho said, we're only signing 2-3 players, this would be a terrible idea however.

Ban

No coach goes to " see " a match. We all know they go to look at a player they like. Whats wrong with that?
I didn't say it's wrong.
Perišić didn't even play last night so if he came to see a player it wasn't him.

Gazzetta dello sport claims Inter won't go under 60 million and that they might sell Banega and Brozović.

Personally I think it's a load of bull and a completely made up story which media is now riding on.
On the other hand it would be brilliant if one Croatian player would finally join United. Although he is incosistent he could thrive under Mourinho.

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/24-03-2017/inter-perisic-mercato-60milioni-190276609697.shtml

Same article says Jose watched Brozović yesterday.

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Meh, pasalic is nothing special. Rog on the other hand has looked fantastic in the last month(apparently he wasn't physically fit enough to play before then, according to Sarri...)

Hopefully you guys can give inter a lot of money for perisic :D

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I wouldn't even be sure that Mourinho was there to watch anyone in particular, what does an international match vs Ukraine of all countries really tell you either way?

Salman Bin Ahmed

but 35-60 mil for someone to be a back up?
The way I see it, #10 should be Mikhi. If we are playing 3 5 2, then this guy wont fit in the system. If we play 3 4 3 Mikhi will play on right and this guy wont fit in.

I dont see any business sense in this transfer. I hope its one of those fake transfer news.

Status
Not open for further replies.