Ivan Perisic

Status
Not open for further replies.

barmyarmy

I guess many people will be surprised with his performances if we complete this signing.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Apart from the one season and a bit when he was good. Nani has been very inconsistent and I'd take Perisic over him any day of the week.
I can only assume you're suffering from some kind of severe memory loss. Nani was on a different planet to Perisic.

Perisic is comparable to Young as Villa. Good player but nothing special.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I can only assume you're suffering from some kind of severe memory loss. Nani was on a different planet to Perisic.

Perisic is comparable to Young as Villa. Good player but nothing special.
How was he on a 'different planet' to Perisic?

Please enlighten me..

elnorte

Freaky fly day
What's important is that as a club we do our utmost to provide all the tools necessary that Mourinho requires to challenge for the league.
I'll say as I've said before that if we do sign both Perisic and Matic then it will at least remove any potential 'what if' questions that would arise if we didn't.

Then we can sit back and see whether Jose is (hopefully) proved correct.

barmyarmy

If we get this signing done and Matic I definitely believe we will be in the title mix and hopefully win it & I am as excited as @Ban for this signing to be done:).

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
How was he on a 'different planet' to Perisic?

Please enlighten me..
Watch some United games of old and then say with a straight face that "I'd take Perisic over him any day of the week". Perisic has never even gotten close to Nani's best for us. He's a 28 year old inconsistent winger no better than the 21 year old inconsistent winger we already have at the club. Different player but not any better.

To you it's hilarious, to me it's the right one. Cheers.
Doesn't really surprise me. If Jose wanted Titus Bramble you'd be on here calling him more consistent than Vidic.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Watch some United games of old and then say with a straight face that "I'd take Perisic over him any day of the week". Perisic has never even gotten close to Nani's best for us. He's a 28 year old inconsistent winger no better than the 21 year old inconsistent winger we already have at the club. Different player but not any better.

Doesn't really surprise me. If Jose wanted Titus Bramble you'd be on here calling him more consistent than Vidic.
Nani was talented but never fulfilled the talent he showed at a younger age. He was the target of boo boys in the stadium and was loaned out to Sporting Lisbon when he was supposed to be at his peak. He was later sold for peanuts.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Nani was talented but never fulfilled the talent he showed at a younger age. He was the target of boo boys in the stadium and was loaned out to Sporting Lisbon when he was supposed to be at his peak. He was later sold for peanuts.
I didn't ask you to read wikipedia and that's an appalling summary of Nani's time at United. Get a grip.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I didn't ask you to read wikipedia and that's an appalling summary of Nani's time at United. Get a grip.
Nani was underwhelming in his time at United and you just have to do a simple search on here to see most were not happy with him.

Bear Attack

When we were first linked with Valencia, the majority of the Caf wanted to shit their pants in protest.

FujiVice

Nani could have been so much more. Sad really. He was unplayable when he was on top form.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
You really want to make a meal of it, dont you?
Could you conceive of a potential scenario where Jose identifies a player he wishes to sign but you don't necessarily believe it to be the right choice?

I'm not making fun by the way just in case you thought I was.

izec

If he signs for us, i expect him to colour the United badge in his hair, just like he did for Croatia in 2016 with the red and white cubes and then turned to shit in the next game.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Nani was underwhelming in his time at United and you just have to do a simple search on here to see most were not happy with him.
Requires an even simpler search to know he was named Player of the Year and at one point for a couple of years was right up there as one of the top assist getters in Europe never mind for United. But no, Perisic was better and the more consistent player:lol:

Ban

Could you conceive of a potential scenario where Jose identifies a player he wishes to sign but you don't necessarily believe it to be the right choice?

I'm not making fun by the way just in case you thought I was.
Yeah, why?

Ban

If he signs for us, i expect him to colour the United badge in his hair, just like he did for Croatia in 2016 with the red and white cubes and then turned to shit in the next game.
What game was that?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Requires an even simpler search to know he was named Player of the Year and at one point for a couple of years was right up there as one of the top assist getters in Europe never mind for United. But no, Perisic was better and the more consistent player:lol:
That's why I said in one of my earlier posts that he had a season and abit where he was very good for us and people on here even claimed he was better than Bale at the time. But as time went on his inconsistent performances became more and more frequent with even the OT faithful losing faith. He was eventually moved on to SCP on loan then sold for a paltry sum to a Turkish when he was supposed to be in his peak.

Ban

He's right actually. The idea of Perisic being more consistent than Nani is hilarious

Nowhere near as good either
Well, lets agree not to agree then.
I never said Perišić is the better player cause that wouldn't be true of course.

Ban

Dont know, but i remember him starting well and then he decided to do that, and he didnt play well after that
in Euro 2016 or?
He had that haircut before Portugal game in which he wasn't shit. Wasnt good either, the whole team didnt have a good game.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Yeah, why?
I know. Perhaps you weren't the best person to ask that question as I know you have been specifically arguing the case for Perisic rather than just supporting the decisions of Mourinho unquestioningly. Others less so who worse still also try to force others to think the same way.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We'll sign him, there is still a month left.

Assuming we wrap up Matic signing within this week, it'll give Woodward and the board 4 weeks to strike a deal with Inter which I'm confident they will.

Redcy

There Must be a thousand wingers we could buy for that money. Seems to be the most common quote on here, yet the only one anyone has come up with is Mahrez (who buy the way couldn't play the same way and who had his best season as an inverted inside forward), Dembele who the Caf think we can get For 70m (when less talented young players are getting sold for 70m), Bale who doesn't want to come and would like cost over 100m. Plus comparing Martial orLingard and saying we already have wingers who are better (despite neither being able to cross a ball). I actually don't know if there is a winger playing in a comparable league or team that fits the bill? Anyone?

Ban

I know. Perhaps you weren't the best person to ask that question as I know you have been specifically arguing the case for Perisic rather than just supporting the decisions of Mourinho unquestioningly. Others less so who worse still also try to force others to think the same way.
Yeah it's more of not liking to read stuff from people who dont know what they're talking about and things like 'turd that wont flush' than arguing every decision Jose makes is a brilliant one. He sees Ivan as a player he needs. It's a very important season for him cause he needs to prove he has what it takes to take us back to the top. And along with additions some players and a team in general needs to step up and his task in part is to make that happen.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
That's why I said in one of my earlier posts that he had a season and abit where he was very good for us and people on here even claimed he was better than Bale at the time. But as time went on his inconsistent performances became more and more frequent with even the OT faithful losing faith. He was eventually moved on to SCP on loan then sold for a paltry sum to a Turkish when he was supposed to be in his peak.
While Persic has really lit it up in lesser leagues? Also, he had more than one good season, more like 2 and half where was at a level significantly higher than perisic has reached in his career.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
While Persic has really lit it up in lesser leagues? Also, he had more than one good season, more like 2 and half where was at a level significantly higher than perisic has reached in his career.
Perisic is still relevant at 28

haram

This is the final piece for this window. Maybe next year we will look at LB and an attacking midfielder/rw.

Icemav

My isn't this a silly argument. Nani was brillaint at times and performed to a worldy level... great player for us despite his inconsistency and form dissapearing.

Perisic is the here and now. A straight forward left winger which we dont presently have. We need one and I hope he does a good job for us if signed. And no he doesnt have Nani's raw talent but that is irrelevant.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This is the final piece for this window. Maybe next year we will look at LB and an attacking midfielder/rw.
Going to be a constant moving project our XI tbh, right now I would expect Griezmann and a new RB to be the priorities

R'hllor

Come on Woody sign up him, dont want to be only one loosing my shit in match day thread, Ban deserves the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.