Ivan Toney | Banned until 16th January 2024 Stay on Topic!

Wilt

The Toney penalty was a fecking disgrace ….can only image Toney, ref and the VAR wankers had their money on a Toney penalty.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
The Toney penalty was a fecking disgrace ….can only image Toney, ref and the VAR wankers had their money on a Toney penalty.
Didn’t know Gary “sourgrapes” O’Neill posted on here…

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
@el diablorojo any info on what’s happening with Toney yet out of interest?
Backend of January he was seen going into a building in Altrincham where Fletcher sports law firm are based who seem to be experts in such matters. Somebody very well connected with the club has said wouldn’t expect an update for a couple of months yet.

El Jefe

If not for the betting investigation I'd have him as our No.1 target. There's a lot of talk about Kane and Osimhen but the truth is Toney is the ideal type of striker for us as he's a bit of a mixture of both.

I think he's excellent as a scorer and linkup player and he could easily replicate the partnership that he has with Mbuemo with Rashy.

I see a lot of similarities with Dwight Yorke and he's at the right age to make the stepup just as Yorke was. SAF would be all over this type of signing.

Zoo

Yeah he’s a really good player. Would happily have him.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's good. But not even remotely as good as the likes of Kane or Osimhen. Given the betting investigation on top of that and the costs involved in buying from other PL sides...

kidbob

If not for the betting investigation I'd have him as our No.1 target. There's a lot of talk about Kane and Osimhen but the truth is Toney is the ideal type of striker for us as he's a bit of a mixture of both.

I think he's excellent as a scorer and linkup player and he could easily replicate the partnership that he has with Mbuemo with Rashy.

I see a lot of similarities with Dwight Yorke and he's at the right age to make the stepup just as Yorke was. SAF would be all over this type of signing.
Kane is approximately 300 times the player. He's literally better at everything than Toney. Don't know about Oshimen. He looks a bit rough around the edges. But then Toney's finishing and scoring is anything but 'excellent'. His finishing is sub par.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Meh. We don't need more off field circus surrounding the club. Just buy whoever Brighton/Brentford is buying next and cut the middleman.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
He's too slow to play for us, don't think he works hard enough either. I mean he'd be a better option than Werghorst but then if he costs 60mil than it's a big nogo. He's no Luis Saha.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Racially abused after the game via Instagram. Investigation incoming, hope the scrotes are caught.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Racially abused after the game via Instagram. Investigation incoming, hope the scrotes are caught.

Racists cnuts are beyond stupid. Racist cnuts supporting Arsenal is a level deeper of stupidity. And sending racist abuse to Toney because of a refereeing error, there can't be any brain present in those heads... :rolleyes:

padr81

Supports
Man City

Racists cnuts are beyond stupid. Racist cnuts supporting Arsenal is a level deeper of stupidity. And sending racist abuse to Toney because of a refereeing error, there can't be any brain present in those heads... :rolleyes:
We've all got fans like that sadly dude. A tiny minority of idiots who hopefully will eventually learn to be proper members of society someday.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Ridiculous eh? We must have 1 of the most diverse support in the country, and yet you still get idiots be idiots and abuse black players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can’t see any top club going near him until the length of his ban is decided.
It's interesting they're taking so long with this one.
My boys Wycombe had a player charged and banned for a couple of months for the same thing, but a lot lot fewer bets made.

Waynne

Yeah about that. I once was so pissed off with Pogba after a match that I posted that his contract should be terminated and sent back to France to which some said I was racially abusing the player.

Not making light of these racial allegations but sometimes the accusers take it too far.

Would be a great squad option.
Agreed. He seems to be always in the right place at the right time.

Chairman Steve

I guarantee if we bought him the moment the Twitter post goes out from the club account, the FA will have miraculously concluded their investigation that day and ban him for 12 months.

So no thank you

Tapori

I guarantee if we bought him the moment the Twitter post goes out from the club account, the FA will have miraculously concluded their investigation that day and ban him for 12 months.

So no thank you
The first but nothe last.

I've seen enough to believe that he is exactly the profile of striker we need; smart, strong, resilient and excellent finishing and all-round play.

croadyman

"How many FA charges can Ivan Toney successfully contest?" Place Bets now!!
Matthew Kelly hosting with a celebrity panel made up of Gary Bushell,Wendy Richard,Frank Bruno and Annabel Giles. I have probably mentioned names some people here have never heard of.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What is actually happening with his charge? I thought he'd have been banned by now, but he's carrying on like normal?

Anustart89

What is actually happening with his charge? I thought he'd have been banned by now, but he's carrying on like normal?
You have to wonder. He had until the 4th of January to respond to the charges, IIRC, at which point you'd expect the investigation to be over quite quickly considering the amount of charges (it's either not him betting or it is).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You have to wonder. He had until the 4th of January to respond to the charges, IIRC, at which point you'd expect the investigation to be over quite quickly considering the amount of charges (it's either not him betting or it is).
Yeah, very odd. His future needs clearing up 1 way or another, as a bigger club will definitely buy him this summer if he's not got a ban.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Apparently he has admitted the offences and is set for a lengthy ban.

cyberman

Ban comes before season is over which would suit Brentford just fine

RedRocket9908

It sounds like Ivan Toney has pleaded guilty to the charges and is looking at a lengthy ban, I guess we wont be signing him this summer then.