Ivan Toney | Banned until 16th January 2024 Stay on Topic!

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It sounds like Ivan Toney has pleaded guilty to the charges and is looking at a lengthy ban, I guess we wont be signing him this summer then.
Bluemoon posters are among the stupidest people on the internet, half their posts may well have been written after a zookeeper threw a laptop into the monkey enclosure at Knowsley safari park.

Suv666

How was he caught? Was he winning too much or some shit like that?

The Purley King

It’s genuinely staggering that players still do this when they all know what the rules are and what will happen when they get caught.

Siorac

It sounds like Ivan Toney has pleaded guilty to the charges and is looking at a lengthy ban, I guess we wont be signing him this summer then.
I'd be wary of signing him anyway - plenty of otherwise mediocre strikers have that one outstanding season, from James Beattie to Andrea Belotti.

Suv666

Shear volume by the looks of it.
Must be really daft to get caught. Wouldn’t be surprised if loads of football people are involved in it. Seems like a relatively easy scam provided you fly under the radar. Not worth the risk if you’re a PL footballer though

RuudTom83

How is he still playing? I've not followed the case closely but it seems like the FA/media/pundits only hold a few top clubs up to any standards.

A club in the bottom 3 could get battered by Toney and cost them their premiership survival?

Bizarre situation...but maybe I'm missing something.

Jev

How is he still playing? I've not followed the case closely but it seems like the FA/media/pundits only hold a few top clubs up to any standards.

A club in the bottom 3 could get battered by Toney and cost them their premiership survival?

Bizarre situation...but maybe I'm missing something.
Why would he not play? He's been charged but has not been penalised yet.

norm87cro

Well when you are on some 80 000 to 120 000 quid a week and you do this sort of thing I cant really feel sorry for you.
You are a talented footballer and you got where you are on merit and I can respect that and the fact that footballers are not really quilty of earning as much as they do. But once you achieved a good living for yourself and your family dodgy betting should definetly not be tolerated and punished severley

RuudTom83

Why would he not play? He's been charged but has not been penalised yet.
True, but considering the severity of the charges and having pleaded guilty, I find it odd he is still being played by the club.

Imagine if he was playing for United/Liverpool the coverage would be a lot worse.

MUFC OK

Absolutely - had he been playing for United there would be uproar. In fact the FA would probably have suspended him until conclusion of the investigation.

norm87cro

True, but considering the severity of the charges and having pleaded guilty, I find it odd he is still being played by the club.

Imagine if he was playing for United/Liverpool the coverage would be a lot worse.
Yep. And the media would be all over him. The fact he is playing for a club like Brentford (with no disrespect to them) just gave him a few more games

roseguy64

Well when you are on some 80 000 to 120 000 quid a week and you do this sort of thing I cant really feel sorry for you.
You are a talented footballer and you got where you are on merit and I can respect that and the fact that footballers are not really quilty of earning as much as they do. But once you achieved a good living for yourself and your family dodgy betting should definetly not be tolerated and punished severley
He wasn't on that amount of money when he was doing this. Would think that would have been clear? No player gets paid that in the lower leagues unless they're part of a relegated team who didn't have a lower wage clause in the contract.

norm87cro

He wasn't on that amount of money when he was doing this. Would think that would have been clear? No player gets paid that in the lower leagues unless they're part of a relegated team who didn't have a lower wage clause in the contract.
Offcourse it wouldnt be ok even in the lower leagues. Players need to understand that they are priveleged to be playing football, getting payed and living better that 95% of the modern World

Last edited:

roseguy64

Offcourse it wouldnt be ok even in the lower leagues. Players need to understand that they are priveleged to be playing football, getting payed and living better that 95% of the modern World
I agree. I'm just saying that when he was making these bets he wasn't on the sort of money he's on now and was a nobody.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He wouldn’t be allowed to play if he was a United player. There, I said it.
He wouldn't be able to play for any of the top 6, it's weird how long this is taking. Do we know what sort of betting he was doing ? PL ? Championship ? Other leagues ?

norm87cro

I agree. I'm just saying that when he was making these bets he wasn't on the sort of money he's on now and was a nobody.
I get it. He was playing lower league but he still had more than enough for himself. Honestly I am baffled that he wasn't already suspended.

adkb

It's a shame he is in a betting scandal. He is the perfect striker to our system. He is incredible hard to dispossess, has a great first touch and is willing to run the length of the game. I really was hoping we sign him, but I do not suppose there is a chance now.

RuudTom83

If United ever signed him there would be 24/7 rolling coverage on social media demanding he is banned from playing football for life for his betting crimes.

Best thing he can do is stay at Brentford and get a tiny ban out of the spotlight.

Chairman Steve

I agree with the above sentiments about he’s not quite feeling the heat he is currently feeling if he were playing for United, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. There would be outrage that he’d still be playing and not internally suspended if he played for those teams.

One of the perks of being one of the smaller teams I guess. The media don’t shine the intensity of light they do on them like they do the bigger clubs, where you’d be lead to believe all the divers and on-field cheaters play for the big boys and all the smaller teams are as clean as a whistle and never cheat.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Really liked his goal vs Brighton.
Could have a 20 goal season soon.

Wonder if it’s because he is good or just a player entering his prime.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Personally I think Frank made a big mistake. Brentford could’ve had a chance if he had brought Toney on at some stage.

Chief123

Ffs him of all people has missed a penalty! Terrible penalty.

He’s definitely put a few Bob on Newcastle getting UCL!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Would be a solid £60m striker if it wasn't for the betting fiasco.

Blood Mage

Quality striker, he will get a big move eventually once this betting scandal has been forgotten about. I can see him going to Liverpool.