Ivan Toney | Banned until 16th January 2024 Stay on Topic!

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It's not the FA's job to make it work the best possible way for a club. That being said it feels like this has dragged on for a while now.
Of course not, but the speed at which it’s been addressed is ludicrous. The club absolutely deserved clarification before now.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Unfortunately it’s not, but I think he is a great footballer and would really help those around him to be better too.
He's not top drawer like Kane or others mentioned but I've no doubt he would be quite effective for us as long as he can handle the pressure, that's not a given, I've seen too many "top" players join United and just can't handle it, but that's the risk you take when bringing players in

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Sky sports catching up ;)

From what I am hearing I would be over the moon with a ban till the end of the year:(

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner

Would only miss the start of the season if this is true.

If we can't get Kane would be the next best option.

Remember the geese

What is the point of waiting til the end of the season to dish out a 6 month ban? Half of which will be served during pre-season. It's a farce!

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
What is the point of waiting til the end of the season to dish out a 6 month ban? Half of which will be served during pre-season. It's a farce!
Oi don't start turning on your own - leave poor Ivan be, one of the best things to ever come out of Northampton surely.......

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
3rd best striker in the league, carried Brentford with his goals and you don’t want him? He’s only marginally behind Kane with his stats this season but everyone wants Kane right?
I'm not sure I'd describe 22 vs 14 non-penalty goals as "marginally behind". Kane is significantly better than Toney.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Kane plays for a significantly better team
Four points between them, with Brentford having the better goal difference. I wouldn't call that "significantly better" either, that Spurs team is dreck.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Dodgily been allowed to drag this out for about 3months, conveniently meaning that the ban will probably start 20th or so May, being able to serve half of it over the closed season.
That's not right surely?

Abraxas

Dodgily been allowed to drag this out for about 3months, conveniently meaning that the ban will probably start 20th or so May, being able to serve half of it over the closed season.
That's not right surely?
That's down to the authorities not Toney. It's their gift to get this sorted, and it's also completely up to them how they set the ban.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
That's not right surely?
What's dodgy about it? Have you compared to other cases as this seems a pretty standard timeline. Or are you still annoyed by the hattrick in the 7-2 a couple of seasons ago ;)

MegadrivePerson

What's dodgy about it? Have you compared to other cases as this seems a pretty standard timeline. Or are you still annoyed by the hattrick in the 7-2 a couple of seasons ago ;)
Giving a player a six month ban when there's no competitive games for three months is a little bit dodgy.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Surely it should either start from next season or be a certain amount of games?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Giving a player a six month ban when there's no competitive games for three months is a little bit dodgy.
That very well could be taken into account. It would have been a three month ban, but because it's going to include the off-season they bumped it up to six months.

Or perhaps not. Nobody knows at this stage, and perhaps never will. Plus it's not like we've heard anything official so it might easily be more or less than six months.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Not when it's standard practice though - not aware of any other time based bans that are set up to not include periods of time when there are not games going on or delayed specifically to start with the commencement of competitive games. Should Ivan Toney be selected for special treatment? This nothing new for this type of ban (time based) Rio Ferdinand got an 8 month ban for that testing debacle and that included the close season - how dodgy was that.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Surely it should either start from next season or be a certain amount of games?
Why? Trippier/Barton got a time based ban for their betting misdemeanours. Don't understand the logic of wanting Ivan to be treated differently....

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Why? Trippier/Barton got a time based ban for their betting misdemeanours. Don't understand the logic of wanting Ivan to be treated differently....
I don't want him treated differently. I think all bans should be on a match basis otherwise you can circumvent using the summer.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Wycombe had a player done for a lesser version of the same crime. Didn't seem to take them this long.
Must be big club bias :drool: