Ivan Toney | Banned until 16th January 2024 Stay on Topic!

FerociousCorgis

if it is a 6 month ban over the summer mainly then could be a good younger/cheaper signing than kane. Would be interested.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
I don't want him treated differently. I think all bans should be on a match basis otherwise you can circumvent using the summer.
Yeah but as the precedent has been set can't expect this case to be treated differently - would have to be a new directive that future cases any bans would cover number of games or time served would be during an active season for time based bans.

el diablorojo

Supports
Brentford
Wycombe had a player done for a lesser version of the same crime. Didn't seem to take them this long.
Must be big club bias :drool:
:D hopefully we get a friendly at Adams park this summer haven't been for a couple of years now

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
:D hopefully we get a friendly at Adams park this summer haven't been for a couple of years now
And dish us some players like Mawson, Pierre, Yennaris and maybe a couple of others.
Although we made a big swing away from loanees. I think the logic is that we want to develop our own rather than do the work for another club etc.

FerociousCorgis

What we doing for first few months of season
could go with rashford up top, garnacho left, antony right, bruno behind them feeding them. Not ideal but if this is a scenario where we get a CF that will bang in goals for us for years and still have money to add multiple options to the midfield and can add a modern gk/true attacking rb or something because we havent splurged the whole budget on a guy like kane/osimhen could be worth it.

strandty

Eight month ban from all football related activity up to and including 16th January 2024. Can return to training for the final four months of the ban, so September.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Had to be punished. Hopefully he can get back to his best pretty quickly.

Now for the FA to regulate/ban betting ads/sponsorships in football.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Eight month ban from all football related activity up to and including 16th January 2024. Can return to training for the final four months of the ban, so September.
Pisstake.

Suarez got less for racism

DavelinaJolie

I'm confused, the biggest hole in the squad is a striker, so why look to sign someone who won't even be available to play for half a season?

FerociousCorgis

dang 8 months makes it more interesting than 6. Now it is on the cusp ha. Wonder if we could get him for a cut-rate deal and then find a better loaning/cheap option than Stupid ass Wout to last until that window. Depends on if EtH views rash as more a CF than LW.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
ridiculous. that type of ban should be reserved for when you get coked off your tits and miss a test. allegedly.

Chief123

So it’s basically 6 months of playing months. It could have been worse.

Crimson King

could go with rashford up top, garnacho left, antony right, bruno behind them feeding them. Not ideal but if this is a scenario where we get a CF that will bang in goals for us for years and still have money to add multiple options to the midfield and can add a modern gk/true attacking rb or something because we havent splurged the whole budget on a guy like kane/osimhen could be worth it.
Even with the ban Brentford wouldn't sell him cheap, so you're basically blowing a big chunk of that budget on someone to be a training cone for the first half of the season.

That's terrible squad planning.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I wouldn't sign him this season. Maybe in Jan but if we need to sign it probably means we haven't signed a striker in the summer.

FerociousCorgis

This forum doesn't run on common sense.
think it is more of a long term vs short term view. Common sense might also dictate that signing a player like Kane who will be out of his prime by the time we are competing for titles might not be the right choice either. Also there could be other reasons but doesnt make sense going into here.
What if united can get a cheap deal done for Toney now, and have their top CF for 5 plus years by just having a bit of patience?

Chief123

I'm confused, the biggest hole in the squad is a striker, so why look to sign someone who won't even be available to play for half a season?
Because our fans are now accustomed to finding “value in the market” after being conditioned by the Glazers model.

Chief123

Bet he wasn’t expecting that!
I reckon he put a tenner on it.

Anyway, it’s a huge gamble for Brentford to keep him now. You can bet they’ll be trying to find suitors to roll the dice on him. I’m not sure how many punters will take a chance on him.

FerociousCorgis

Even with the ban Brentford wouldn't sell him cheap, so you're basically blowing a big chunk of that budget on someone to be a training cone for the first half of the season.

That's terrible squad planning.
agree to disagree, since we have no idea what brentford would want to sell him for. If toney still gonna be 80 plus or something then yeah i wouldnt do it. Until i hear what number he hypothetically would go for i couldnt say either way.
And to say it is terrible squad planning is stupid haha. We have so many holes in this squad the terrible squad planning would be blowing the entire load on Kane ha. Our CM is so old and slow as is. Not adding some serious quality in there will be huge detriment for any true hopes we have. But i digress on a toney thread. 8 month suspension is right in a weird spot for sure.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Can he be transferred during this ban? And if so, would he be cheaper as a result. Could be worth a punt.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Any chance to get a deal now that brings him in Summer 2024 and also get a striker this Summer?

We could do with two surely?

Move Martial and as many dead wood players out at the same time.

Crimson King

think it is more of a long term vs short term view. Common sense might also dictate that signing a player like Kane who will be out of his prime by the time we are competing for titles might not be the right choice either. Also there could be other reasons but doesnt make sense going into here.
What if united can get a cheap deal done for Toney now, and have their top CF for 5 plus years by just having a bit of patience?
For what it's worth, I'm against signing Kane unless it's for 50m, 60m at most, maybe.

We're not winning the league next year, so we should be aiming to make a genuine challenge the year after that. Even then, it's likely we won't have a genuine chance of winning it until the season after that, depending on who we sign. This means we're already going to need to replace players like Varane, Casemiro, DDG and maybe even Shaw and Bruno before we next win the league.

We need to build a team that's going to be young enough to win it and then defend it for a few seasons after, at the very least. Signing Kane will just add to the players we'll need to replace in the next few years.

FerociousCorgis

For what it's worth, I'm against signing Kane unless it's for 50m, 60m at most, maybe.

We're not winning the league next year, so we should be aiming to make a genuine challenge the year after that. Even then, it's likely we won't have a genuine chance of winning it until the season after that, depending on who we sign. This means we're already going to need to replace players like Varane, Casemiro, DDG and maybe even Shaw and Bruno before we next win the league.

We need to build a team that's going to be young enough to win it and then defend it for a few seasons after, at the very least. Signing Kane will just add to the players we'll need to replace in the next few years.
id be fine taking Kane for 60, just highly doubt levy remotely plays ball. Hate that man and part of the reason id be fine letting kane rot in spurs for another year winning nothing. Im in agreement with you, which is why im laughing at the people acting like signing someone who cant play until january is somehow the worst idea in the world if it means we have solved our CF issue for a long time.

DavelinaJolie

That's contingent on it being "cheap" as regardless of the ban he's a massively important player for Brentford.

I also don't think you can just forsake the now for a long term view, there needs to be some balance. It's not like the only other striker to look at is Kane.