g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Ivan Toney Pt.2

LDUred

If we had scored with that free kick all hell would break loose, media discussing potential points deductions, sanctions, do-overs, investigating PGMOL, etc.

But yes, Toney should definitely be on our list of targets this summer. He will probably end up at Arsenal, though, and we will sign someone like Brobbey.

glasgow 21

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If we had scored with that free kick all hell would break loose, media discussing potential points deductions, sanctions, do-overs, investigating PGMOL, etc.

But yes, Toney should definitely be on our list of targets this summer. He will probably end up at Arsenal, though, and we will sign someone like Brobbey.
Imagine if it happened against Liverpool, there would be arrests

JBG

So we've just gone through a calendar year where we had to get rid off or "put up" with problematic players (CR, Sancho, Antony and his scandal and MG). And now people want this tw*t to join our team... yeah don't know about that.

TheRedHearted

I don't like him and I don't want us to have anything to do with him.
Aw.
So we've just gone through a calendar year where we had to get rid off or "put up" with problematic players (CR, Sancho, Antony and his scandal and MG). And now people want this tw*t to join our team... yeah don't know about that.
If you want anyone to be a twat its surely a goal scoring CF or a CB.

JBG

Aw.

If you want anyone to be a twat its surely a goal scoring CF or a CB.
I think he's more of a twat off the field as well... that's the issue. The clip about him putting down Brentford (2022 was it?), him betting on his own team to lose(from what I've read) and that he has the confidence of Zlatan but the talent of Darren Bent(imo) is the issue. That's why I'm not sure he would be good for MU, had enough with players who have rotten personalities or can cause an disruption to the team.

If he was just a twat on the field like D.Costa, I wouldn't mind.

Hughes35

Definitely should be on our shortlist, the issue will be the fee.

Almost 28 and in this new shiny world we now live in (were we’re run like a proper business), Ratcliffe et al will not be throwing ridiculous money at him. £60m seems ok? Less, great…
I mean if they throw 60million at him you might as well offer 1 million as either bid gets rejected in the about 3 seconds.

Hughes35

Maybe in January but in Summer it should be more than enough .
I doubt it to be honest. He's one year left on his contract so will move but I can a bidding war between us, Chelsea and Arsenal.

If he does go for 60Million it will be because he's on 300K per week so you're not actually getting a cheaper deal anyway.

gajender

I doubt it to be honest. He's one year left on his contract so will move but I can a bidding war between us, Chelsea and Arsenal.

If he does go for 60Million it will be because he's on 300K per week so you're not actually getting a cheaper deal anyway.
I don't believe United would be getting involved at all after all the talk of how things would be different under new structure , with him having only a year on his contract I don't see Brentford having any leverage they will talk big but eventually deal would be done for anything between 50-60 m .

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Or hold out for nothing at all in the end.
I dont know if its actually the case, but i have a feeling that more and more players runs (or threaten to run) down their contracts for a big move.
That.

He’s on £20k odd per week. He wouldn’t get £350k a week thrown at him (those days are gone), but he’d get a chunky increase

Crimson King

That’s about what we paid for Mason fecking Mount with a year left. And Bayern paid 100m for Kane with a year left.
Mount was younger and has actually proven himself in the UCL. Chelsea were selling to a direct rival.

Toney isn't fit to lace Kane's boots.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Mount was younger and has actually proven himself in the UCL. Chelsea were selling to a direct rival.

Toney isn't fit to lace Kane's boots.
Toney is worth much more that Mount. Mount is a 10 a penny average midfielder with 0 standout ability. Toney is a rare, proper striker.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Toney is worth much more that Mount. Mount is a 10 a penny average midfielder with 0 standout ability. Toney is a rare, proper striker.
Mount wasn’t worth the fee and another midfielder wasnt a priority especially when we had Mainoo coming through… which a structured club with good communication would know.

Ratcliffe/Berrada/others won’t over pay … they’ll make good decisions and send the Glazers a Christmas card every year saying “all going well”.

Old World and New World will be very different. Thank feck.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Mount wasn’t worth the fee and another midfielder wasnt a priority especially when we had Mainoo coming through… which a structured club with good communication would know.

Ratcliffe/Berrada/others won’t over pay … they’ll make good decisions and send the Glazers a Christmas card every year saying “all going well”.

Old World and New World will be very different. Thank feck.
I’m not sure it’ll be that easy. These Old World transfer fees and wages will be used as references and benchmarks for many years to come.

“If you paid 72m for X then you’re not having X for 60m”

“If he’s being paid 250,000 a week, I’m not coming for 100,000”.

etc.

Crimson King

I disagree with both those sentiments.

Toney is a good striker, but he's not worth that money at that age.

Kane definitely was.

Juicy Juiced

I’m not sure it’ll be that easy. These Old World transfer fees and wages will be used as references and benchmarks for many years to come.

“If you paid 72m for X then you’re not having X for 60m”

“If he’s being paid 250,000 a week, I’m not coming for 100,000”.

etc.
Have more targets and move on. Thats how will be less fleeced.
Our problems are putting all our eggs in one baskets.

Spaghetti

Mom's
I disagree with both those sentiments.

Toney is a good striker, but he's not worth that money at that age.

Kane definitely was.
What are Mounts standout qualities then? What does he do better than other players in the league?

Toney is 27 (ok, he will be 28 in the summer), not 37. And he scores and brings the wide players into play better than most (if not all) PL strikers.

I don’t think he is worth 60+ by the way, but it doesn’t mean teams won’t pay it.