Ivan Toney Pt.2

miked99

He's in no way worth the amount of money you'd need to pay to sign him. Then there's his questionable attitude as well as the small matter of him being a gambing addict. He comes across as a bit of a tit to me.

croadyman

Brentford dropping 30m for Nusa and potentially 20m on Dallinga makes me think they've got an agreement with someone for the summer.
Maybe it's us and know that he is another who divides opinion in the fanbase. Only need to look at last few posts in this thread to see that

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Maybe it's us and know that he is another who divides opinion in the fanbase. Only need to look at last few posts in this thread to see that
There's no doubting his quality, but the fact he managed to be in the news so often while at a club with far less scrutiny, doesn't fill me with confidence if we were to drop a lot of money on him. Footballing alone, he'd be straight in.

croadyman

There's no doubting his quality, but the fact he managed to be in the news so often while at a club with far less scrutiny, doesn't fill me with confidence if we were to drop a lot of money on him. Footballing alone, he'd be straight in.
Yeah that's a valid point and doesn't feel like we have the people in that dressing room to keep him from straying into trouble. That's a shame because think he would relish playing here

United888

We have lot of areas that we need to improve. Is spending 100m on Toney (turning 28 next month) going to be a wise decision after we invested 65m-70m on Hojlund? Dovbyk from Girona would be a cheaper alternative.

didz

We have lot of areas that we need to improve. Is spending 100m on Toney (turning 28 next month) going to be a wise decision after we invested 65m-70m on Hojlund? Dovbyk from Girona would be a cheaper alternative.
Why would Man City sell to us on the cheap?

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Where are people getting 100m from? He’ll have a year on his contract in the summer and is 28. It’ll be 40m-50m tops. I’d probably go for a 22-23 year old striker to compete with Rasmus (I know people don’t like the idea of players challenging each other for positions on here but I think it is rather important to instilling a winning culture) but Toney isn’t the worst idea either.

Dannn411

I'm still taking him all day if he's available. United of old usually had three to four top class strikers in the squad and we barely score goals right now. How can anyone say no if he's available for a decent price?

didz

I'm still taking him all day if he's available. United of old usually had three to four top class strikers in the squad and we barely score goals right now. How can anyone say no if he's available for a decent price?
I was very much in the "too risky" camp, but the more I think about it the less risky he seems compared to practically any other option.

It'll come down to what he ends up moving for, but with it being widely accepted that he is leaving and with him coming into the final year of his contract, you'd expect the fee wouldn't be too silly.

United888

Where are people getting 100m from? He’ll have a year on his contract in the summer and is 28. It’ll be 40m-50m tops. I’d probably go for a 22-23 year old striker to compete with Rasmus (I know people don’t like the idea of players challenging each other for positions on here but I think it is rather important to instilling a winning culture) but Toney isn’t the worst idea either.
It was reported that Brentford wanted 100m. They also wanted 40m on Raya (after already signing his replacement) and end up selling him for 30m. If they can get 30m from a keeper with a year left in his contract, imagine for a striker.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It was reported that Brentford wanted 100m. They also wanted 40m on Raya (after already signing his replacement) and end up selling him for 30m. If they can get 30m from a keeper with a year left in his contract, imagine for a striker.
They wanted 100m to sell in January - because he wasn’t for sale. They’re in a relegation battle - that isn’t a shock. He isn’t going for that in the summer.

United888

They wanted 100m to sell in January - because he wasn’t for sale. They’re in a relegation battle - that isn’t a shock. He isn’t going for that in the summer.
So how much do you think he will go when Raya went for 30m?

aeh1991

They'll want 60-70m mininum and that's still too much for a 28 year old with one year left on his contract.

PoTMS

No brainer at £50-60m. Anything above that and we'll be getting ripped off considering his contract situation.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He is good in his forward play, but last night it felt like he was just walking around at points and when they were losing the whole team just gave up. Was very odd, not something I'd like to see from my striker if you're dropping a lot of cash on him.

croadyman

Ivan Toney: Brentford boss Thomas Frank expects striker to leave in summer - BBC Sport

"It is relatively obvious that Ivan Toney will probably be sold this summer," said Frank.

In quotes reported by Danish sports magazine Tipsbladet, Frank said: "It can be 'expensive' to sell your best player, but conversely I also know that this summer he only has one year left on his contract with us.
See him going somewhere he can lead line so Arsenal or Chelsea would be the most likely destination

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
See him going somewhere he can lead line so Arsenal or Chelsea would be the most likely destination
Exactly. Hojlund is our man. Toney ain’t gonna be backup.
if we were playing a 2 up top I’d say differently but we don’t play like that

croadyman

Exactly. Hojlund is our man. Toney ain’t gonna be backup.
if we were playing a 2 up top I’d say differently but we don’t play like that
Think we will either be looking at versatile forward or a cheaper striker to support like Zirkzee or Guirassy

daba

Yeah I agree, I don’t see him choosing us over either of them given we have Hojlund who he’d have to share minutes with. At either Arsenal or Chelsea he’d be the more undisputed ST. Add in the fact they’re both London based, makes a lot of sense.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Which areas do you think we need to invest most
Casemiro Replacement, Eriksen replacement and CB - CB we should be getting a couple.

I think we need to decide if Mainoo will player higher up or be the connector in the 6. That should also dictate which player we replace with what level of current quality.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we were sneaky them we would work the Prime Juventus/Real way

A- agree a deal with the player that we will sign him no matter what

B- let toney deal on our behalf (ie you either sell me to United or I'll stay here till the end of the contract and then join them on a free)

That requires a cynical CEO and Sporting Director to pull that out

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
And a league where the smaller clubs are little bitches.