Jürgen Klopp Sack Watch

Newtonius

Liverpool will regret not winning more with what was their best team in decades, nobody can deny they were a great side but 1 UCL + 1 EPL in 5 or so years is a bit underwhelming on paper, another UCL title or a couple of EPL trophies would have done wonders for their legacy.
I agree history will remember them differently but its just the fine margins of the modern game they were in another CL final and twice lost the league by 1 point, shouldn't be that unhappy especially considering where they started and the insane financial doping they were competing against.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Accused Brentford of stretching the rules...

How the feck does he continuesly get away with bad mouthing referees, don't get me wrong I'm not their biggest fan, far from it and wish them a speedy recovery but if anyone else said what he says every time they lose they would be punished straight away.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Does any pundit ever call out his constant moaning?

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Liverpool will regret not winning more with what was their best team in decades, nobody can deny they were a great side but 1 UCL + 1 EPL in 5 or so years is a bit underwhelming on paper, another UCL title or a couple of EPL trophies would have done wonders for their legacy.
The funny thing is their only PL was during Covid. :lol:

AshRK

I always thought Klopp will become like wenger at Arsenal. You could already see the decline.

KetilOwren88

His disrespect towards teams beating him is sickening. It makes Liverpool’s losses even sweeter, but my God, his sportmanship is so bad.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Was klopp blaming the refs for them losing? He should be thanking them that they wasn’t 4-0 down. The refs can only help you so much and get away with it :lol: They get the most luck in the world and that still isn’t enough for klopp. Does he want another opposition defender to keep scoring for them because his 85m striker his awful at finishing.

hobbers

The PED tolerance has built up.

Wonder if Boehly would be kamikaze enough to sack Potter and bring Klopp in if he leaves Pool in the next year or so. Probably.

Real Name

Brentford had two further goals disallowed for offside as Liverpool failed to deal with the home side's set-piece threat all night and Klopp said the match: "When I say they stretch the rules on offensive set pieces, don't get me wrong: that's smart.

"But they do. If you would single out all the situations, you would find five fouls. But because it is so chaotic, nobody sees it in the end. That's what they do and it's really good.

What is he trying to say?

Loon

:lol:
What happened to the carefully cultivated, "loveable", subtly patronising, Beatles T-shirt wearing, ridiculous toothed hipster of old?

Said it before, true colours show when things aren't going your way.

Long may it continue.

Real Name

What happened to the carefully cultivated, "loveable", subtly patronising, Beatles T-Shirt, ridiculous toothed hipster of old?

Long may it continue.
Yeah, when he loses he has a set of excuses along with sly digs at the opponent for not playing the way he wanted. When he wins he praises the opponent for a brave, good game.

AndySmith1990

Yeah, when he loses he has a set of excuses along with sly digs at the opponent for not playing the way he wanted. When he wins he praises the opponent for a brave, good game.
Most competitive people are hypocritical cnuts, especially in football. It's only really sports like tennis and snooker where I can think of genuine sportsmanship being displayed

Mike Smalling

What happened to the carefully cultivated, "loveable", subtly patronising, Beatles T-shirt wearing, ridiculous toothed hipster of old?

Long may it continue.
Definitely true when it comes to Klopp.

One thing I have noticed he does is the "Anyone who knows anything about football or has ever played football, will agree with me that the refs decision was wrong". He used that kind of line regarding Brentford's third goal yesterday, and I remember a few other times. It's actually pretty insulting and really patronizing.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
https://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpo...l-should-have-handled-brentfords-chaos-better

Klopp losing his mind and acting like a spoiled shit

Asked in a separate TV interview about his conversations with officials around Brentford's physicality, Klopp told BeIn Sports: "But that is exactly the same as I would talk to my microwave: you get no response really.
Not Mourinho's biggest fan either, but if this was him he would get a lengthy ban for this. How can Klopp continue talking shite without any fine is beyond me?

Even Fergie was regulary punished for things like this so in his final years he avoided talking about referees.

romufc

Not Mourinho's biggest fan either, but if this was him he would get a lengthy ban for this. How can Klopp continue talking shite without any fine is beyond me?

Even Fergie was regulary punished for things like this so in his final years he avoided talking about referees.
Klopp is the media and pundit darling, so no one will say anything to him. No one will question him, his team. Its fine though, they are the greatest ever team right?

RopersReturn

Liverpool's success over the last 5 years was built on ferocious pressing, led by a midfield of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho.
Those three used to smother teams and allow the full backs space to bomb on. It didn't matter it left them 2 v 2 or even 2 v 3 at the back, the ball would rarely get near their half never mind their goal.

Fast forward 3 years from their peak to today and you have three main problems:
Henderson and Fabinho's legs are going.
Wijnaldum left and was replaced by the more talented but less hard working Thiago.
Since 2018, Klopp has been far too loyal to injury prone and inconsistent CMs like Oxlade Chamberlain, Keita, Jones and Milner in favour of strengthening in that area; his gamble, which has turned out to be a fatal mistake.

All three issues have left a previously untroubled defence exposed, and it is currently crippling them.

CM

Brentford had two further goals disallowed for offside as Liverpool failed to deal with the home side's set-piece threat all night and Klopp said the match: "When I say they stretch the rules on offensive set pieces, don't get me wrong: that's smart.

"But they do. If you would single out all the situations, you would find five fouls. But because it is so chaotic, nobody sees it in the end. That's what they do and it's really good.

You need to have a really high IQ to see those Brentford fouls.

The man's a sore loser and always has been. He's trying to plant the seeds with referees for the next time already. Pretty funny when Brentford already had two disallowed goals and absolutely dicked them during that passage of the game.

Mike Smalling

It's worth keeping in mind that both those goals were disallowed, because of pretty random/slim offsides. They might as well have been goals. It wasn't down to the advantage of being offside that the ball ended up in the net - it was just poor defending.

Elcabron

Liverpool's success over the last 5 years was built on ferocious pressing, led by a midfield of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Fabinho.
Those three used to smother teams and allow the full backs space to bomb on. It didn't matter it left them 2 v 2 or even 2 v 3 at the back, the ball would rarely get near their half never mind their goal.

Wijnaldum left and was replaced by the more talented but less hard working Thiago.
Since 2018, Klopp has been far too loyal to injury prone and inconsistent CMs like Oxlade Chamberlain, Keita, Jones and Milner in favour of strengthening in that area; his gamble, which has turned out to be a fatal mistake.

All three issues have left a previously untroubled defence exposed, and it is currently crippling them.
That's pretty much it. Also they have spent the best part of 200m on their last 3 signings, all attackers. They might not be able to compete with City financially but they have spent a lot of money and haven't fixed their issues.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You need to have a really high IQ to see those Brentford fouls.

The man's a sore loser and always has been. He's trying to plant the seeds with referees for the next time already.
[
Yep we all know his game.
After he came out with the comment about us getting a lot of pens, we then barely got one for ages after.

TheGame

Not to mention, the important goals of Mane. When Salah didn't score, Mane would. He's been a big loss for them.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
When he bleached his teeth, a little bit of his soul left the body. Soon he will be joining the money war in order to stay relevant.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Klopp is a very disgraceful manager with his comments.
Yesterday they were beaten fair and square and Frank gave a very graceful response to the shite that came out of Klopp's mouth.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Sack watch?

That club has become his thing

They're more likely to get rid of that whole starting XI than to sack him

Mr.Hik

Had his cycle with liverpool. Can see him taking Real Madrid after Don Carlo moves on.
And the gnashers, Jesus, never go from yellow to that white in one step.

aganley

Had his cycle with liverpool. Can see him taking Real Madrid after Don Carlo moves on.
And the gnashers, Jesus, never go from yellow to that white in one step.
Depends on who Liverpool sell to, and the investment he has to spend. But with Utd - City - Chelsea - Newcastle. He will not have it all his own way. We will see over the next few seasons who really is a great manager.

bosskeano

Klopp and Pep are the media darlings now....they, along with their players, can damn near get away with anything on the pitch while avoiding a red card.

RoyH1

I always thought Klopp will become like wenger at Arsenal. You could already see the decline.
Albeit Wenger had more success with Arsenal and for a longer period of time too.

Zen86

Always said their purple patch will end. They had a period of everything clicking, going their way, and their signings all working out, but that's seemingly over now. Back to the rat-race with them.