Jürgen Klopp Sack Watch

Josh 76

We saw different things then. As soon as Matip came on VvD started defending like a proper defender again. And any breaks Napoli were making were quickly snuffed out by Matip. TAA was taking huge sigh of reliefs as a result.

There's a stat that Thiago won more midfield battles in 27 minutes than the other three midfielders put together before he came on. I didn't need stats last night to see the difference he was making. Again nothing world class but just simple non-shit-show, non-McFred stuff.
The game was over when Matip and Thiago came on. Napoli were not playing at high intensity by then.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Are you concerned about Klopp’s tactics with Salah?

It seems to me that he’s playing your best out of position and having Salah service Diaz and Darwin rather than building the team around servicing Salah.

Will Klopp abandon this do you reckon?
I think people are overthinking this. A younger Salah can do this role with his eyes closed and still look world class. The problem is he's now going through his first substantial bad patch at Liverpool. Doesn't what formation or position you put him in, he will under perform.

Just have to wait for him to snap out of it. For that the bench is probably the best place for a while.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Should sack that defence before klopp, non existent last few games and looks like they gave up

Witchking

All United fans being giddy at the thought of Liverpool dropping off are similar to what Liverpool fans used to think about Fergie.

The 04-06 seasons, many wrote United's obituaries. But at the time we could see the young players coming in. But others couldn't.

Klopp, even though is in a mess right now can and will steady the ship. Just 6 points off the top. Still in all competitions. Players are a bit off form, but nothing an international break cannot fix.

A lot of you were very hyper last season about Liverpool dropping off after a 20-21 season below their standards, but they almost won the quadraple.

They. Will. Be. Back.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Have seen many posters used "Still in all competitions", it's September and season started just a month ago and clubs haven't played in any domestic competition. You can't get knocked out from group stage after 1 game. They can lose 10-0 this weekend and 5-0 midweek, they will still be in all competitions

Gasolin

I don't give a feck as long as he wins
No we need to win without an ounce of doubt. It’s part of the psychological battle as well. Let Klopp stay, hopefully he can bounce back a bit.

Eplel

Rumour on the internet is that Todd Boehly is losing patience and wants Klopp gone too.

George The Best

They would be bonkers to sack Klopp! The club have allowed their squad to get wafer thin, and with injuries they are being exposed. He will turn it round, but he needs to be backed in the market. I’d love to see him gone as they would totally implode without him - but that won’t happen. He’s still an elite manager.

cyberman

We saw different things then. As soon as Matip came on VvD started defending like a proper defender again. And any breaks Napoli were making were quickly snuffed out by Matip. TAA was taking huge sigh of reliefs as a result.

There's a stat that Thiago won more midfield battles in 27 minutes than the other three midfielders put together before he came on. I didn't need stats last night to see the difference he was making. Again nothing world class but just simple non-shit-show, non-McFred stuff.
But their best striker went off near half time. They weren’t making overlapping runs because they were 4-0 up. Let’s not forget they scored a goal by cutting through you after these changes as well. It was that bad you can kind of throw that out and say after that goal we were better.
Its like how we were better v Brentford after humped in the first half. They literally gave up pressing us. Or away v Brighton last year when they had mercy on us. Why would Napoli risk pushing on? 4-0 or 4-1 kills the Anfield tie for them. It’s now a free hit. Lose and they still have the Head to head with you.

Suedesi

This Liverpool team has major problems - they appear to be shattered physically (with injuries to boot) and they have recruitment/personnel issues. For example, I have no idea why they keep playing a 37-yr old Milner in the middle of the park. It's not like he ever was world-class, he's the quintessential workhorse who can no longer run.

They don't seem to be able to close down spaces through pressing while insisting on playing a high line - which any good opponent like Napoli can fully exploit. If you can't press the opposing midfielder hard enough and he's got time to lift his head and pick a pass through the lines (which consist of Gomez and TAA) you're fookt.

Mane is a big loss, Salah is in a funk since the AFCON final, Nunez is not it and the defense seems to have downed tools. It will be a fun season for the scouse.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
All United fans being giddy at the thought of Liverpool dropping off are similar to what Liverpool fans used to think about Fergie.

The 04-06 seasons, many wrote United's obituaries. But at the time we could see the young players coming in. But others couldn't.

Klopp, even though is in a mess right now can and will steady the ship. Just 6 points off the top. Still in all competitions. Players are a bit off form, but nothing an international break cannot fix.

A lot of you were very hyper last season about Liverpool dropping off after a 20-21 season below their standards, but they almost won the quadraple.

They. Will. Be. Back.
We had fergie who proved he could build and dismantle teams. They have Klopp. A manager who has never been able to rebuild teams and always leaves when things have hit rock bottom. Mainz got relegated and he nearly did the same with Dortmund, both in his seventh season.

erikcred

We had fergie who proved he could build and dismantle teams. They have Klopp. A manager who has never been able to rebuild teams and always leaves when things have hit rock bottom. Mainz got relegated and he nearly did the same with Dortmund, both in his seventh season.
Well, Klopp has definitely built this team and dismantled it. Checkmate!

Hughie77

Klopp won't get sack, he will leave and imo it will be for Real Madrid. Once Ancelloti has had his run at the job again . Klopp takes over season after next or even next season depending on how the Italian does.

OldSchoolManc

The natives are sounding very restless!
I think he’ll walk first though if this carries on.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Don’t think he’ll get sacked… who do they get after him? I think if he leaves then it’s because he’s walked.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It’s actually funny how they’ve fallen apart this season after being great for the past few seasons… they’ve only won 1 title since we last won it and we’ve been awful for years.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I remember seeing the exact same thing at Dortmund.

He builds an absolutely great team but after a whilst it deteriorates and players leave and he simply can’t build it back to how it was.

He doesn’t have the rebuilding ability compared to his first build at a club.

Dominos

The natives are sounding very restless!
I think he’ll walk first though if this carries on.
They were in a far worse state in 20/21 to be fair and they eventually rescued top 4 and went on to have a great season the following year. They'll look at that and think they'll turn it round eventually.

I do think this Liverpool side must be coming to the end of an era though, not refreshed the squad enough and some key players the wrong side of 30.

GregM40

Guessed they'd have a difficult time after playing 65 games last season and losing Mane but didn't think it would be this bad.

Judas

Open to offers
They'll still drag out a win today, but it's starting to look increasingly like the bloke just isn't capable of rebuilding a side once it peaks.

Dansk

They'll still get top 4.
I wouldn't be so sure. Two wins in seven games, all of which were games that they were favored to win. They have yet to play City, Chelsea, Arsenal or Tottenham. They have had an almost indecently easy start to the season, with United as the only opponents that you wouldn't automatically expect Liverpool to run over. From this historically easy start, they've got ten points out of a possible twenty-one. It would take a major turn-around for them to make top four. With Arsenal and Tottenham doing well this season, and us possibly revitalized under ETH, it may be the toughest top four race in decades. I wouldn't give Liverpool more than a 25% chance to scrape their way to 4th. They're in total disarray and their squad is weaker than last season.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Their next 2 league games are against the Gooners and Shitty. Flopp to be gone before the World Cup is looking like a real possibility.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They were in a far worse state in 20/21 to be fair and they eventually rescued top 4 and went on to have a great season the following year. They'll look at that and think they'll turn it round eventually.

I do think this Liverpool side must be coming to the end of an era though, not refreshed the squad enough and some key players the wrong side of 30.
That was a different scenario, as Van Dijk was ruled out all season after Pickford's mad challenge, plus their other centre backs couldn't stay fit. I think they had about 20 combos over the season including one featuring a guy on loan in non league the previous season.
There were no crowds, which was a huge blow to a support like theirs. A freak season for sure.
And most importantly, their top boys were still at top capacity, such as Wynaldum and Mane.

Those 2 have gone, other stars have dropped off a bit, and there's no excuses with major centre back issues this year.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Their next 2 league games are against the Gooners and Shitty. Flopp to be gone before the World Cup is looking like a real possibility.
Every chance they drop more points soon.
Utterly zero chance Klopp goes that soon. Even if they got tonked both games.

He's got a freebie off their board for the last few years, the only way he'll go in the next couple of seasons is from choice.
But he did sign that huge extension.

Dominos

I hope Arsenal batter them, but it would be very them to choke against a big boy.
We're still at the stage where we should be hoping for draws in these games I think. We don't want Arsenal widening the gap any further or building any more confidence, and a draw is still a bad result for Liverpool as they're desperate for points.

Last edited:

Skills

Snitch
I think last season was the last hurrah of the original team he'd assembled at Liverpool. Mane (left), Salah (declining), VVD (declining), Henderson (declining) are either not there or declined.

The other issue, is the likes of Fabinho and TAA (who aren't even old) have seemingly lost form for whatever reason. That's not guaranteed to return unless they reinvent or take up a new challenge elsewhere.

The question is whether the V2 players (Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez, Jota, Konate) were good enough to replace the originals.

dinostar77

I think last season was the last hurrah of the original team he'd assembled at Liverpool. Mane (left), Salah (declining), VVD (declining), Henderson (declining) are either not there or declined.

The other issue, is the likes of Fabinho and TAA (who aren't even old) have seemingly lost form for whatever reason. That's not guaranteed to return unless they reinvent or take up a new challenge elsewhere.

The question is whether the V2 players (Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez, Jota, Konate) were good enough to replace the originals.
Teams go through cycles and liverpool are at the end of one. One of the hardest managerial skills, to recycle a sqaud while remaining competetive. One of fergies strongest skills.

M Bison

Supports
York City
It’s amazing what’s happened to Liverpool, they were absolutely phenomenal the last 2 seasons and they’ve fallen off a cliff. Mane is a huge loss but how has it gone so bad?

It would take a lot for him to be sacked but they’re looking very ordinary all of a sudden.

cyberman

It’s amazing what’s happened to Liverpool, they were absolutely phenomenal the last 2 seasons and they’ve fallen off a cliff. Mane is a huge loss but how has it gone so bad?

It would take a lot for him to be sacked but they’re looking very ordinary all of a sudden.
They were shit just like this 2 seasons ago