Jürgen Klopp Sack Watch

kidbob

Comparing Sir Alex is comparing apples with oranges.

Ferguson had what 7 or more premier leagues & a treble included plus a cup winners cup & multiple fa cups by the time Djemba Djemba had arrived.

Klopp has 1 premier league & 1 champions league & a few minor cups with branding that far exceeds their worth.

Ferguson also had a track record of building & rebuilding his team. Something klopp hasn't got as yet.

You really can't compare the two imo
What did Fergie have 5 years in? Also I'm not comparing them, I simply said its crazy to have a sack thread after one bad season. Dortmund would be better now with Klopp, in 5 years Liverpool will be better with Klopp. I hope they get rid of him in the worst way ever so we can get him. No one is Fergie and never will be so maybe you guys should stop holding managers to his level and having stupid threads like this after one bad season.

Steve Bruce

What did Fergie have 5 years in? Also I'm not comparing them, I simply said its crazy to have a sack thread after one bad season. Dortmund would be better now with Klopp, in 5 years Liverpool will be better with Klopp. I hope they get rid of him in the worst way ever so we can get him. No one is Fergie and never will be so maybe you guys should stop holding managers to his level and having stupid threads like this after one bad season.
Sack threads generally pop up after 2 bad results for any manager, klopp is no exception. Personally I laugh at these types of threads.

But to the rest of your post, comparing Fergusons first 5 years when their was an established dominant side in Liverpool to the first 5 years of klopp when their was a league with no firm established dominant side with a lot of transition is also a very different scenario.

I also would say that your entitled to your opinion but there's no proof that dortmund or Liverpool would be better off long term with klopp as klopp has never rebuilt his own squad. He has built a team had success then didn't then moved on.

Would Chelsea be better with Jose if they had of kept him for another 5 years?

kidbob

Sack threads generally pop up after 2 bad results for any manager, klopp is no exception. Personally I laugh at these types of threads.

But to the rest of your post, comparing Fergusons first 5 years when their was an established dominant side in Liverpool to the first 5 years of klopp when their was a league with no firm established dominant side with a lot of transition is also a very different scenario.

I also would say that your entitled to your opinion but there's no proof that dortmund or Liverpool would be better off long term with klopp as klopp has never rebuilt his own squad. He has built a team had success then didn't then moved on.

Would Chelsea be better with Jose if they had of kept him for another 5 years?
I agree with you but the thing is that so many are assuming he can't rebuild when he has never had the chance. I was only responding to a post saying he can't do that. I was just saying that we don't know. However considering how good he is I would err on the fact that he can. Also I was never complaring him with Fergie (there is and never will be another him, he is the clear best) I was simply saying that we are too quick to jump on managers now. Klopp has won a League and CL in the last 2 years but people are talking about his future? The only comparison is asking for SAF to be sacked during 03--06, which would have been stupid.

Like I said I hope they sack him and he gets the hump because there is no better manager for us than him.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
They would be absolute morons to sack him so hopefully they do it:drool:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Legacy shredded
I saw a Liverpool fan on here says the lows are really low under Klopp, I wonder how long before the highs of the UCL and PL wins are forgotten if this run continues (and considering the games they've lost their harder games are on the way)

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
he can't rebuild when he has never had the chance.
And who is at fault for that?

Didn't he walk away from Dortmund first season they were bad? Pretty sure it was him who said that side needed change and that he was leaving them because he has no solution to their form. So that's pretty much admitting he wasn't capable of rebuilding and being that manager. If he continues in this form with Liverpool I am pretty sure he will act the same way.

Yakuza_devils

I think Kloop is done and he will leave at the end of the season.

For Pep, hope he will go back to Barca since they have a new president now and need to revive the club. He is the best candidate for that.

0le

Klopp in the past:

"I hope this Super League will never happen.

"With the way the Champions League is now running, football has a great product, even with the Europa League.

"For me, the Champions League is the Super League, in which you do not always end up playing against the same teams.

"Of course, it is economically important, but why should we create a system where Liverpool faces Real Madrid for 10 straight years? Who wants to see that every year?"
I wonder whether he would walk away?

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Decent enough statement, all things considered.

If he doesnt make top 4, i can definitely see the owners sacking him(which they otherwise wouldnt have done if not for this).

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

Interesting quote at 2:10, I wonder if the fake mateyness has lots it's charm with Liverpool players.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Interesting quote at 2:10, I wonder if the fake mateyness has lots it's charm with Liverpool players.
He definitely seems the type of guy that once he gets on your nerves there will be small chances of recovery

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I mean, that second goal looks like players downing tools to me.

cyberman

He won’t be sacked but walking isn’t out of the question. It’s looking like two absolute shite seasons out of three for them. Gotta wonder what that’s like on his mental state

Sweet Square

Doesn't his team always fall off in their 7th season ? Tbh you have to go back and good few years to remember the last time they played some entertaining football.

Nero

They'll be back on cycle next season, he just needs to ride this one out.

tomaldinho1

This is setting up perfectly for him to walk, then to appoint slippy G and then have years of misery.

Teja

I really hope they do it because he's a fantastic coach. Pep fecking off after winning the CL this season will finally give the other teams some hope.

VivaRonaldo85

Doesn’t he normally exit stage left in his 7th season….. he won’t be sacked, but he could walk in a few months if they keep not winning games.

MoskvaRed

Could be the end of an era. Not matter how much of a joke we have been for 9 years, Liverpool managed to get one of the best managers of this generation and still didn’t close off the league titles gap. They have been punching above their weight for several years. I think things could really go south for them post-Klopp and they’ll revert to being a Europa League team.

Scottynaldinho

I want him and Pep to stay and let ETH beat them to the league at least once. Otherwise it would be "he's winning now because Pep and Klopp are gone".

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Doesn’t he normally exit stage left in his 7th season….. he won’t be sacked, but he could walk in a few months if they keep not winning games.
In a few weeks, more likely… he is not a man to stay put and sulk.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
I remember Klopps amazing Dortmund team imploding, seems like the same thing is happening with Liverpool now. Klopp once described Wengers football to an orchestra, his own to heavy metal. Full speed and power. That might be his undoing 5-7 years in.

Can't say I know all the ins and outs but I'd guess it could in part be down to motivation no longer being there. As legendary middleweight champions of the world Marvelous Marvin Hagler so beautifully once said: "It's tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5am when you're sleeping in silk pyjamas".

If you combine decreased motivation to put a shift in, several players getting older becoming unable to put a shift in and - perhaps - hyper-dosing caffeine and overuse of painkillers slowly but surely breaking your players bodies down you've got a really bad tasting cocktail served.

Regarding the last part it's from an article I read a couple of years ago. Very interesting read.
https://backpagefootball.com/sure-theyre-all-at-it-liverpool-in-recovery-part-1/127058/

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I want him and Pep to stay and let ETH beat them to the league at least once. Otherwise it would be "he's winning now because Pep and Klopp are gone".
This is true, I was always glad we beat Jose to the league at least once in his first spell with Chelsea. At this point I’d take a league however it comes though.

EngimaMK

I honestly think with one or two transfer windows under his belt, ETH could challenge them. Nothing lasts forever, especially true in sport.

We have the same budget as city... With a top coach to spend it, there's no reason he couldn't at least compete.

Green Yellow Red

In May, Klopp said 'book the hotel' for next season's Champions League final :lol:

Now, his days are numbered at Liverpool. Liverpool are so far off the pace this season and this is down to him. He can’t even enjoy his last year in the champions league before finishing 5th/6th in the league this season. Liverpool’s 7 years golden age under Klopp is over with 2 major trophies :confused:

Nickelodeon

Nah. They can’t sack him even if they ruin their entire season (which they wouldn’t). Liverpool usually get into this underdog position every season and have a run in the second half of the season. He has enough credit in the bank to last a few seasons.

RedorDead21

I honestly think with one or two transfer windows under his belt, ETH could challenge them. Nothing lasts forever, especially true in sport.

We have the same budget as city... With a top coach to spend it, there's no reason he couldn't at least compete.
We don’t have the same budget as city. People assume we’ll spend big again which is defo needed for a striker but that’s no given at all. If we finish top 4 the Glazers will be happy to not spend big next summer. Also we need a new stadium, city don’t. We don’t have rich owners who invest. We have owners who want to cash in and sell one day. City don’t. It’s apples and pears.

angak

I remember Klopps amazing Dortmund team imploding, seems like the same thing is happening with Liverpool now. Klopp once described Wengers football to an orchestra, his own to heavy metal. Full speed and power. That might be his undoing 5-7 years in.

Can't say I know all the ins and outs but I'd guess it could in part be down to motivation no longer being there. As legendary middleweight champions of the world Marvelous Marvin Hagler so beautifully once said: "It's tough to get out of bed to do roadwork at 5am when you're sleeping in silk pyjamas".

If you combine decreased motivation to put a shift in, several players getting older becoming unable to put a shift in and - perhaps - hyper-dosing caffeine and overuse of painkillers slowly but surely breaking your players bodies down you've got a really bad tasting cocktail served.

Regarding the last part it's from an article I read a couple of years ago. Very interesting read.
https://backpagefootball.com/sure-theyre-all-at-it-liverpool-in-recovery-part-1/127058/
They needed to invest in the squad heavily over the past two seasons. Klopp teams play a highly physical game style that is very taxing.

They didn't back him and they might lose one of best managers in history.

Jezpeza

That bournemouth result was lipstick on a pig imo. Liverpool are absolute smeg this season