Jürgen Klopp Sack Watch

bosskeano

They can't play this high line with how badly they are defending and VanDyke looks a shell of himself right now

angak

Nah. They can’t sack him even if they ruin their entire season (which they wouldn’t). Liverpool usually get into this underdog position every season and have a run in the second half of the season. He has enough credit in the bank to last a few seasons.
Of course he does. They should be afraid of losing him. If Klopp became available I would drive ETH to the airport myself.

He plays a highly taxing game style. They needed to invest in the squad and instead FSG decided to buy another golf course.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Curious to know if Liverpool fans feel that when Klopp is done, is Liverpool's time competing for top honours also done at least for the foreseeable future?

Newtonius

I honestly think with one or two transfer windows under his belt, ETH could challenge them. Nothing lasts forever, especially true in sport.

We have the same budget as city... With a top coach to spend it, there's no reason he couldn't at least compete.
Might have a similar transfer budget but we don't also have unlimited money for wages and infastructure at the same time.

Kag

I have no idea what will eventually come of Klopp and this Liverpool team (hopefully they crash and burn back into mid table), but their current struggles really reinforce just how amazing Ferguson was over time.

Klopp managed to wake the sleeping giant. The bigger challenge is to oversee the transition of one winning team into another; it’s a massive, massive thing to try and do.

bosskeano

Of course he does. They should be afraid of losing him. If Klopp became available I would drive ETH to the airport myself.

He plays a highly taxing game style. They needed to invest in the squad and instead FSG decided to buy another golf course.
ffs...they spent 100m on Nunez

angak

Doesn’t he normally exit stage left in his 7th season….. he won’t be sacked, but he could walk in a few months if they keep not winning games.
They should definitely be afraid of losing him.

If Klopp became available I'd sack ETH tomorrow.

Infestissumam

I have no idea what will eventually come of Klopp and this Liverpool team (hopefully they crash and burn back into mid table), but their current struggles really reinforce just how amazing Ferguson was over time.

Klopp managed to wake the sleeping giant. The bigger challenge is to oversee the transition of one winning team into another; it’s a massive, massive thing to try and do.
yeah. People can point to other managers' achievements all they want, but it's the longevity that separates Ferguson from all of them in my opinion. Getting to the top is one thing, but staying there while constantly rebuilding and reinventing your team over such a long time is a completely different beast and it needs a very special manager to do it.

as for Klopp ... he'll never get sacked but he just might enter that stage where the fire is starting to go a little cold. Think he'll turn it around, but who knows? Could easily go the way it went at Dortmund too.

spiriticon

Man, If Pep, Klopp and Tuchel all go by the end of this year....

There leaves only one credible contender left :devil::devil::devil::devil:

TheRedHearted

Oddly enough didn’t see the camera on him once after the third and fourth goal. Bit odd isn’t it? Ten Hag had the camera longer on him for ten seconds after it was 2-0 at Bournemouth.
They'll be back on cycle next season, he just needs to ride this one out.
Next season would be their rebuilding phase, they surely need a lot of signings. And isn’t Salah officially off?
This is setting up perfectly for him to walk, then to appoint slippy G and then have years of misery.
Potter surely.
Could be the end of an era. Not matter how much of a joke we have been for 9 years, Liverpool managed to get one of the best managers of this generation and still didn’t close off the league titles gap. They have been punching above their weight for several years. I think things could really go south for them post-Klopp and they’ll revert to being a Europa League team.
Depends who they appoint. Potter? Tuchel? Both could do it but only with the backing. Potter wouldn’t cost as much in transfers.
Nah. They can’t sack him even if they ruin their entire season (which they wouldn’t). Liverpool usually get into this underdog position every season and have a run in the second half of the season. He has enough credit in the bank to last a few seasons.
We don’t have the same budget as city. People assume we’ll spend big again which is defo needed for a striker but that’s no given at all. If we finish top 4 the Glazers will be happy to not spend big next summer. Also we need a new stadium, city don’t. We don’t have rich owners who invest. We have owners who want to cash in and sell one day. City don’t. It’s apples and pears.
We spent big last summer, with Sancho and Ronaldo, and we had top four didn’t we? I honestly can’t remember. Huge investment this summer too although after the horror in the begining. ETH may very well be what the glazers were looking for all along.
They can't play this high line with how badly they are defending and VanDyke looks a shell of himself right now
Thought this exactly. Become a proper Counter attacking team, play a low block and all these balls wouldn’t happen. He’s got to adjust now until he rebuilds the team. I don’t think he’ll be there by seasons end. Surely Potter is best to slide in there, don’t see big check book Tuchel fitting in there.

Chief123

Curious to know if Liverpool fans feel that when Klopp is done, is Liverpool's time competing for top honours also done at least for the foreseeable future?
Klopp is the only reason they’ve been relevant. Their domination of 2nd place is over.

Gasolin

It's very interesting, so his players are burnt out? But all Liverpool fans told us that they were being more efficient with effort and therefore, it won't happen.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
They needed to invest in the squad heavily over the past two seasons. Klopp teams play a highly physical game style that is very taxing.

They didn't back him and they might lose one of best managers in history.
Yeah, that's what I wrote. The players give it their all until one day there is no more gas in the tank. But apart from that I wonder if Klopp would even be motivated or capable enough to rebuild. Regularly CEOs only stay at one company between 3-7 years because after that the performance plateaus or decreases.

Perhaps Klopp could have waved his magic wand once more if the squad had been in large parts shifted.

BeltUp

Supports
United
He's managed the second biggest club in Germany and the second biggest club in England so maybe Barca next for Klopp?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i don’t think he’s ripped the guts out of his teams enough. go back to when he started and a lot of who mattered is still there. he’s bled all of them dry and the most they have to show for it is a string of nearly misses, with the odd trophy scattered in. i don’t think the players respond anymore when they already feel they’ve given all they can give.

Red Pumpkin

Supports
Bayern Munchen
It's very interesting, so his players are burnt out? But all Liverpool fans told us that they were being more efficient with effort and therefore, it won't happen.
Yes, that's what I'm implying. Or at least burned out in that setting. Some of the Dortmund guys got their fires back, others never regained it.

MoskvaRed

Depends who they appoint. Potter? Tuchel? Both could do it but only with the backing. Potter wouldn’t cost as much in transfers.
If I were Potter, I’d avoid the place - high expectations without the financial muscle to compete for top players. Tuchel is a possibility but he’s not Klopp level in terms of elevating second tier teams to the top level.

RedorDead21

I think it’s even harder now. The competition (even West Ham) prob spent close to 200m in the summer. The investment taps need to be constantly on. They spent but they needed more and I think it might have surprised klopp how afew more weren’t brought in. He’s no SAF though granted. But He wasn’t up against this city team which is making the competition look pretty pathetic right now in all departments.

Revan

Assumptionman
We don’t have the same budget as city. People assume we’ll spend big again which is defo needed for a striker but that’s no given at all. If we finish top 4 the Glazers will be happy to not spend big next summer. Also we need a new stadium, city don’t. We don’t have rich owners who invest. We have owners who want to cash in and sell one day. City don’t. It’s apples and pears.
To be fair, since Fergie left, we have had a higher net spent than City. When it comes to salaries at times we were ahead of them, at times they were ahead of us. Overall, we have both spent roughly the same amount of money for the past decade.

dinostar77

Probably one of fergies greatest strengths. Rebuilding while staying competitive. Klopp's reign at dortmund fell apart in his 7th year. Now his 7th season at liverpool isnt it?

Intense pressing game does take it out of players. Also how many times have we seen it before where a star player is approaching the final big contract of his career. Gets a whopping new deal and his form then just falls away.

acnumber9

Oddly enough didn’t see the camera on him once after the third and fourth goal. Bit odd isn’t it? Ten Hag had the camera longer on him for ten seconds after it was 2-0 at Bournemouth.
Italian broadcaster probably doesn’t care as much.

sparx99

Pretty sure they competed on multiple fronts last season.
That might actually be the reason behind this start to their season. The quadruple hasn’t been done for a reason and the workload is a killer for any team.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Seventh season syndrome for Yurgen Flopp strikes once more.

The shiney toothed spoofer is found again.

bosskeano

Liverpool doesn't have the legs right now in midfield to play that high pressing style and without a high press from the attacking players, that high line the defenders are playing is catching them out. TAA and AR aren't the best defensive fullbacks so it's the perfect storm right now with their struggles

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He's more likely to pull a clough and stick the place out for some time.

They won't sack him.

MoskvaRed

To be fair, since Fergie left, we have had a higher net spent than City. When it comes to salaries at times we were ahead of them, at times they were ahead of us. Overall, we have both spent roughly the same amount of money for the past decade.
I think City’s stated salaries have to be taken with a pinch of salt. But I agree with the general sentiment that we have also spent huge sums of money to much less effect.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of dumbest threads in history.
Hardly. Read the tweet and the others he posts, linking in how each and everyone of their players is the "best" in the world.
And they haven't retained anything under Klopp.

Come on, if we can't enjoy a European battering, the very first game back after he boasted about booking their tickets to the next final, you must be a fairly miserable guy,.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think City’s stated salaries have to be taken with a pinch of salt. But I agree with the general sentiment that we have also spent huge sums of money to much less effect.
Yep, it's hilarious naivety when people try and say our spending has been more than City in any way shape or form.

Tigersam

Supports
Arsenal
That bournemouth result was lipstick on a pig imo. Liverpool are absolute smeg this season
Yes, they were so lucky vs Newcastle which I believe (apart from Bournemouth) was the only time they have been ahead in a game this season and it was well over the time.

Possibly payback for the Rashford goal Man Utd. got because that seemed marginal for offside. Do PGMOL do paybacks I wonder?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
They won’t sack him unless they’re in the bottom 3 at Christmas or something daft. He’s got enough credit in the bank.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Klopp needs to learn when to leave on a high. Should have left Liverpool earlier.