Jürgen Klopp Sack Watch

RedorDead21

Does Ten Hag push his players as hard? If things go well, can we expect a drop off in a few years as the kms catch up on the players? Is this type of coaching style to an option for long term continuous success?
5 years is pretty long term wouldn’t you say and SAF replaced players perhaps bar the last 3/4 seasons where we were crying out for some major personnel changes. Klopp needed to bring in fresh midfielders earlier. Similar to SAF there. Even a rice or someone to keep momentum going. He spent 100m instead on a striker many thought didn’t fit in there at all and so far it’s looking like a massive error. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems and I think with everyone back they’ll be competitive again…but still wishing they’d acted differently re the above.

The Purley King

People forget they were pretty poor a couple of years ago with a couple of big injury problems.

The main problem for me and this isnt actually a criticism, its pretty much the opposite. Despite having a great manager, great way if playing, great team spirit on the whole and support at Anfield....for me individually, although good players, they arent actually at the level of other elite sides in Europe.

Alisson, Robertson, TAA, Van Djik, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Fabinho, Thiago, Henderson even.....several of these players have been labelled individually as amongst or as the best in Europe in there positions over 3 of the last 4 years and several of them have deserved it for the performances over 3 of those 4 seasons....for me a big part of there success is that individually a lot of there side have been playing at there very best levels if not above there best levels consistently for a long period of time, which is commendable.

But Alisson and Salah aside....none of them ability wise actually are contenders for the best in Europe. TAA cangt defend and has alway sbene over rated, Robertson is a very godo full back but he isnt th ebest in Europe, Van Djik never looked at Celtic/Southampton like he could consistently perform to the levels he has at times....and he isnt so far this season, Firmino is slipping etc etc etc...and they lost a huge player in Mane.

But pick a best premiership eleven or European eleven individually, how many Liverpool players, the side that has been arguablly the best in Europe the last 3/4years get into either side, I dont htink many personally.

Through gritted teeth I think Liverpool have been fantastic, one of the best premiership sides of all time....but individually we wont be talkign about many like we will some of the City sides, United sides, Chelsea and Arsenal sides that have been so fantastic in the premiership history....I am genuinely surprised despite having always thought Klopp was a fantastic appointment that they hav ebeen so good 3 of the last 4 years. They will still be up there at the end of the season but I am not sure how long that continues without a big transition
Decent post.
Depending on how injuries go there is a decent chance Liverpool drop out of top 4.
As for the title? Already gone for them. Nowhere near this year.

cyberman

Does Ten Hag push his players as hard? If things go well, can we expect a drop off in a few years as the kms catch up on the players? Is this type of coaching style to an option for long term continuous success?
Ten Hag constantly talks about heavy rotation throughout the season. Klopp never really did that apart from random games during the run in.
i so think he was a bit ahead of his time in England. Future clubs who follow the same approach will adjust to rotation a little better than Jurgen.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
When you consider how many games they have won under him in 7 years, for United fans to escape with just a CL, a PL and a Dibble, that’s not a bad result at all. :D

The great news is that they won’t find a better coach than him and their squad is on the decline. Great stuff.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
5 years is pretty long term wouldn’t you say and SAF replaced players perhaps bar the last 3/4 seasons where we were crying out for some major personnel changes. Klopp needed to bring in fresh midfielders earlier. Similar to SAF there. Even a rice or someone to keep momentum going. He spent 100m instead on a striker many thought didn’t fit in there at all and so far it’s looking like a massive error. Nothing is ever as bad as it seems and I think everyone back they’ll be competitive again…but still wishing they’d acted differently re the above.
Think with Klopp at Dortmund and at Liverpool its been the same, get a good group of players and stick with them until they start to show their age. No real planning with the squad to freshen up. Nunez obviously could still be a good player we really don't know.

I think they're in trouble.
playerAge
Alisson Goalkeeper29
Caoimhin Kelleher Goalkeeper23
Adrián Goalkeeper35
Virgil van Dijk Centre-Back31
Ibrahima Konaté Centre-Back23
Joe Gomez Centre-Back25
Joel Matip Centre-Back31
Nathaniel Phillips Centre-Back25
Andrew Robertson Left-Back28
Konstantinos Tsimikas Left-Back26
Trent Alexander-Arnold Right-Back23
Calvin Ramsay Right-Back19
Fabinho Defensive Midfield28
Curtis Jones Central Midfield21
Naby Keïta Central Midfield27
Thiago Central Midfield31
Arthur Melo Central Midfield26
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain Central Midfield29
Jordan Henderson Central Midfield32
James Milner Central Midfield36
Fábio Carvalho Attacking Midfield20
Luis Díaz Left Winger25
Diogo Jota Left Winger25
Mohamed Salah Right Winger30
Harvey Elliott Right Winger19
Darwin Núñez Centre-Forward23
Roberto Firmino Centre-Forward30

Squad age has a mean of 26 and median too but when you look at their core players.

Firmino 30,
Salah 30,
Henderson 32,
Thiago 31,
Keita (wants to leave) 27,
Matip 31,
Robertson 28,
VVD 31.

The core of that teams needs replacing in the next 2 windows.

Jury is out on Elliot, you have Nunez and Jones but can't see a whole lot of quality there. They're literally fringe players but put in the XI.

They have some "good" youngsters but they need guidance and leadership around them which frankly will have been moved on by the time they hit 25-28.

United when you take out the outliers (Heaton and Ronaldo) has an average / median age of 24.

Varane 29,
Martinez 24, (compare with Gomez at 23)
Malacia 23,
Dalot 23,
Casemiro 30,
McT 25,
Bruno 28,
Sancho 22,
Rashford 24,
Anthony 22,
Martial 26,

The core for United is much younger. Quality options up top and at the back. Leadership in positions you need them.

United has a squad for 8 years with some replacements, Liverpool has a squad for maybe 2-3 years and they need wholesale replacements.

city-puma

The cycle is coming to the end. He is rebuilding their team. It won’t be possible that they sack him.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
The cycle is coming to the end. He is rebuilding their team. It won’t be possible that they sack him.
Hes left it too late. No chance anybody in that team, or himself, have it in them to go through another cycle.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Hes left it too late. No chance anybody in that team, or himself, have it in them to go through another cycle.
100% agree with their revenue and the team as it is, they'll be competing in a market having to pay 100m for a Van Dijk, 150m for a Salah equivalent in todays market.

They got quite lucky that they managed to find diamonds for pennies with Salah and Mane at the time.

cpresc

They were 2 games away from the quadruple last season. It must be horrendously difficult to recover mentally from that in such a short space of time. Given they lost Mane and everyone got a year older, I suspect many of the team feel like they already peaked.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
They were 2 games away from the quadruple last season. It must be horrendously difficult to recover mentally from that in such a short space of time. Given they lost Mane and everyone got a year older, I suspect many of the team feel like they already peaked.
Problem for them is they lose vvd or matip and they have gomez.

Matip is a bugger loss than vvd because once Matip is gone you have gomez who can't cover for taa who just doesn't exist defensively.

Midfield is just absent once you lose fabinho you're playing kids who get bossed in midfield, if fabinho and things are fit its a different story.

If Salah doesn't play well then it's a huge gulf. Diaz needs time and so does nunez but they're a mile off currently

city-puma

Compared to the last rebuild of our team by Fergie, the league now is a lot more competitive. We finished third that year. Now, six teams are fighting for the top four. Their task this term is top four I think. I am positive we will finish ahead of them.

Cloud7

Can we be so lucky that they would be dumb enough to sack him? No chance they get anyone near as good because the only manager as good (better in my opinion) is at city

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Van Dijk had one a half good seasons at Liverpool and everyone and their grandma were creaming their pants about how he was better than Rio Ferdinand, Rio did that for an entire decade.
That shit, was utterly disrespectful to some of the real CB greats of the game, Virgil ain’t making that list, he’s nowhere near.

Milner would struggle to start for some pub teams, he’s a League 2 level player, and that on a good day.

Joe Gomez always been crap, but that “display” today, christ, never seen a worse display from a CB at this level, he’s actually atrocious, I would genuinely rather have McGuire than that clown, any day of the week.

Firmino plays like he’s 40, guy looked out of breath 10 minutes in

Muhammad Sarah got his contract and can’t be bothered anymore, looks like a shit and lazy version of Juan Mata.

If Trent is a defender then I’m an astronaut, no clue what he is supposed to be, he’s “reinventing the game” or something last I’ve heard…

Time for Klopp to feck off at the end of the season, they go for Steve, and its going to be beautiful.

Klopp is going to leave them at a far worse state than SAF left us, far worse, look at that team, they’re dogshit dipped in cat piss, if teams stop giving them respect, and actually start playing vs them for what they are, a bang average, over the hill, Liverpool team, they won’t make the top 4. Oh, by the way, they need almost an entire new team and their owners are skint, these are in for a rough ride.

Oh well, at least they threw 100m at a donkey, good luck with that.
Here’s for another 30 years without the league, cnuts
Come on, scouts, this deserves at least a like, if not a direct promotion :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
When you consider how many games they have won under him in 7 years, for United fans to escape with just a CL, a PL and a Dibble, that’s not a bad result at all. :D

The great news is that they won’t find a better coach than him and their squad is on the decline. Great stuff.
This is why we gave Madrid over £100m for two players they weren't too fussed about. They did for them in two CL finals.

They could easily be 2nd in overall CLs now

Witchking

The league has just started. They are still in the FA cup, Carling cup and the champions League. You are taking as if everything is done and dusted and he has quit Liverpool. Stop fecking jinxing it. :mad::mad:

Pace Abuser

Van Dijk had one a half good seasons at Liverpool and everyone and their grandma were creaming their pants about how he was better than Rio Ferdinand, Rio did that for an entire decade.
That shit, was utterly disrespectful to some of the real CB greats of the game, Virgil ain’t making that list, he’s nowhere near.

Milner would struggle to start for some pub teams, he’s a League 2 level player, and that on a good day.

Joe Gomez always been crap, but that “display” today, christ, never seen a worse display from a CB at this level, he’s actually atrocious, I would genuinely rather have McGuire than that clown, any day of the week.

Muhammad Sarah got his contract and can’t be bothered anymore, looks like a shit and lazy version of Juan Mata.

If Trent is a defender then I’m an astronaut, no clue what he is supposed to be, he’s “reinventing the game” or something last I’ve heard…

Time for Klopp to feck off at the end of the season, they go for Steve, and its going to be beautiful.

Klopp is going to leave them at a far worse state than SAF left us, far worse, look at that team, they’re dogshit dipped in cat piss, if teams stop giving them respect, and actually start playing vs them for what they are, a bang average, over the hill, Liverpool team, they won’t make the top 4. Oh, by the way, they need almost an entire new team and their owners are skint, these are in for a rough ride.

I genuinely lost it at "McGuire". Excellent :lol:

liman

If Klopp has been watching Napoli he would have known his Liverpool are perfectly setup to be feasted on by them. This is the major reason I do not like philosophy coaches.
Insisting on playing a high defensive line when you know your opponents have very pacy forwards and your defenders are out of form is just criminal

4 - 5 trophies in 8 years after +800m spent isn't a good return. If that was Mourinho everyone and their mother would have called him finished already. He must be sacked .

Last edited:

Witchking

:lol: what a typo:lol:

CarbonStoolBites

You seem like just the guy to watch a match with (funny, all in for the club, dyed-in-the-wool-Red) and just the guy to never have a balanced conversation about football with (for the same reasons listed in the previous parentheses).
My Labrador was in full kit whilst I was typing this, you better believe it brudda.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
The league has just started. They are still in the FA cup, Carling cup and the champions League. You are taking as if everything is done and dusted and he has quit Liverpool. Stop fecking jinxing it. :mad::mad:
They will never each their greatest every modern manager. Klopp will walk away himself when someone sensible finds out elite athletes can't sustain asthmatic medicines running at 13km per game twice a week.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Klopp will not get sacked. But reality is he allowed this Liverpool squad to go too deep into its cycle without refreshing. Way too many players who are pushing 30 or over 30.

ive said it before & I will say it again, they are not certainties for top 4. Positions 2nd to 4th are up for grabs to Arsenal, Spurs, Man United and Chelsea.

The permanent loss of Mane, the temporary loss of Thiago due to these recurring injuries, the reliance of Milner and Henderson in midfield. Darwin not being any good in the buildup play. TAA and VVD poor form, especially TAA, it's not that he is a poor defender, he thinks he is above putting any effort in. Napoli player knocks it one side and runs around the other hand he just watches it happen.

I think they got complacent and drunk on their recent success.

AshRK

I want him and Pep to stay and let ETH beat them to the league at least once. Otherwise it would be "he's winning now because Pep and Klopp are gone".
So same way we can say the only reason Pep and Klopp are winning is because SAF retired. Doesn't that logic look absurd.

RetroStu

They will come good again (unfortunately) but this is pretty fun to watch while it lasts.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
They will come good again (unfortunately) but this is pretty fun to watch while it lasts.
The squads too old honestly, they'll get injuries and drop in quality.

Organised squads they'll beat them in the EPL. I'm starting to doubt Liverpool get top 4.

TheRedHearted

Italian broadcaster probably doesn’t care as much.
It’s a champions league game, it isn’t an Italian broadcaster. UEFA does the broadcast. I can’t see an Italian broadcaster not want to see the failing hero of liverpools reaction to getting battered

Kill3r7

The squads too old honestly, they'll get injuries and drop in quality.

Organised squads they'll beat them in the EPL. I'm starting to doubt Liverpool get top 4.
They lack depth. Especially in the midfield. The drop off in quality once Fabinho and Thiago are out of the lineup is massive. Also the entire right side of their team has been poor this year. They don’t press as well anymore and teams are finally capable of targeting TAA and Gomez. I am sure Klopp will figure it out but they are vulnerable and I would love for them to slip out of Top4. It will hurt their recruiting.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I want him and Pep to stay and let ETH beat them to the league at least once. Otherwise it would be "he's winning now because Pep and Klopp are gone".
For me this is really irrelevant. We could win league titles against Villas Boas and it still counts as one. Pep won't stay at City that long. He's already been there longer than expected. We aren't winning it for a good while as well. When we do I sure won't give a shit whether those two cnuts are at City or Liverpool. I'll be too busy losing my mind.

little.triangles

This is not going to be like the dip they had a couple of seasons ago. Many players are old and/or injury prone, and the rebuild they need to do has got off to a ridiculous start (spunking 100m on Nunez up front).

Klopp can do a rebuild. The question is whether the owners will make him a scapegoat for their own failings.

RedCurry

Unless he gets them relegated, they’d be absolutely mad to sack him. They will go right back into obscurity with any other manager with these current owners.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
And they said this was the greatest squad ever assembled. Better than United 99/02, Pep Barca, Bayern etc :lol:

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
I'd say he may walk at the end of the season rather than be sacked if the season keeps going badly.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
I predicted a Liverpool stutter before the season. Its in my post history.

I said they have not refreshed the squad, they have carried too many senior players into this season as reality is once a player passes 30 the ticker starts on the decline, it may be slow and gradual, or fast and steep.

Darwin isnt looking like a 80m player. Before the season there was a Haaland v Darwin debate which now seems comical. Ive heard the phrase 'Uruguayan Andy Carroll' & whilst its early days, the signs dont point to Darwin being an exceptional player. He is actually quite poor in the buildup & its really possible Liverpools immense recruitment has dropped a clanger here.

People seem to think Liverpool will sync and get back to their form of last season. But they wont. People now realise if you have a go at TAA and VVD you can enjoy some success. VVD gave away another penalty today with the player cutting back inside, he fouled Mitrovic the same way on the opening day of the season. Throw in his bizarre effort to block Sancho's goal at Old Trafford and VVD is showing real signs of decline. Even Robertson is struggling, good argument to be made Tmiskas is Liverpool's best LB. Liverpool have been one of the top three teams in the world for about 5 years now, but the cycle is coming to an end, and if you strip away the aura and look behind the curtain, youll see some ageing footballers and a defensive line terrified of being targeted.