Jack Grealish | Man City

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Absolute nonsense. City have hit form recently due to KDB getting his game together and driving that team on alongside Haaland who is just a phenomenon.

Grealish has improved but he isn't driving the improvement in city form. He hasn't been 'superb'. He's been better, like City.

Haaland has been superb.

Some people like to exaggerate. Good players don't require exaggeration.
Sorry, but you are completely wrong. No need for further discussion

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Absolute nonsense. City have hit form recently due to KDB getting his game together and driving that team on alongside Haaland who is just a phenomenon.

Grealish has improved but he isn't driving the improvement in city form. He hasn't been 'superb'. He's been better, like City.

Haaland has been superb.

Some people like to exaggerate. Good players don't require exaggeration.
While Haaland and KDB are at the top of their game at the moment it’s the fact that such as Grealish, Mahrez, Foden (before his appendectom) and Alvarez are also on top form that prevents opponents from just doubling up on the “big 2” and frustrating City.
As has been stated before Grealish draws a crowd when he’s near the ball and provides opportunities for others even when he doesn’t directly influence an attack.

Son

Grealish was crap for 40 games. He didn’t have to adapt to a new league.
No he wasn’t. Calling City players crap isn’t the most accurate of observations considering they dominated the league.

When he came on against Madrid last season in the champions league he beat their defenders so easily when given the chance and should have put City through to the final in all honesty.

It was like an inch away his shot. It’s not often you see a player ghost past top level defenders in the champions league like he does.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
No he wasn’t. Calling City players crap isn’t the most accurate of observations considering they dominated the league.

When he came on against Madrid last season in the champions league he beat their defenders so easily when given the chance and should have put City through to the final in all honesty.

It was like an inch away his shot. It’s not often you see a player ghost past top level defenders in the champions league like he does.
He was painfully average and rightly dropped for large parts of last season and for the start of this season. Having a shot in a Champions League doesn’t change that. For £100m he has flattered to deceive in his City career so far. He’s been good in the last couple of months, to his credit.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
He was painfully average and rightly dropped for large parts of last season and for the start of this season. Having a shot in a Champions League doesn’t change that. For £100m he has flattered to deceive in his City career so far. He’s been good in the last couple of months, to his credit.
But he wasn't crap. He doesn't really have bad games at all which is a good trait to have. He did have loads of games were he were very unremarkable to, and struggle to impose himself offensively

El Jefe

Grealish has been really good but saying he's City's player of the year ahead of Haaland is just silly.

Haaland is likely to win PFA player of the year and other than Saka I can't think of anyone else that is a worthy candidate.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Grealish has been really good but saying he's City's player of the year ahead of Haaland is just silly.

Haaland is likely to win PFA player of the year and other than Saka I can't think of anyone else that is a worthy candidate.
Agree, Grealish has been good since the WC, average before. Looks like he's playing with less pressure and more confidence.

Haaland, Saka and Odegaard should be top 3 for poty.

I'd say at City, Haaland, Ake, Rodri, and KDB (despite his up and down form) have all been better than Jack. Maybe even Stones too. Whats changed for Jack is he now looks like he belongs in the team which he didn't for his first 15 months.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What could have been. At least I can enjoy him for England. That's if Southgate is finished being silly.

dbs235

Been awesome tonight in what must be one of the biggest club matches of his career so far.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I’d still pick Rashford as left winger when everyone is fit unless you put him number 10.
Definitely at 10 behind Kane. Saka right. Rashford left.

I've been a big defender of Sterling in recent years as I think he's been our best player alongside Kane, but I think Rashford and Saka have overtaken him now.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Oh be quiet, you sound like a bitter. He’s an excellent player.
I'm a bitter? What are his qualities then? Please enlighten me?
He's not good at shooting nor passing, he goes down at slight touch.
He runs and that's about it.
Fricking Sterling 4 years ago when every fecking media puntid was overrating him as being world class at least had the stats to show for.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
I'm a bitter? What are his qualities then? Please enlighten me?
He's not good at shooting nor passing, he goes down at slight touch.
He runs and that's about it.
Fricking Sterling 4 years ago when every fecking media puntid was overrating him as being world class at least had the stats to show for.
This is Upamecano levels of having a mare.

Abraxas

Looks really good at the moment.

But I come back to it, being a top player means season after season. Show you're not a flash in the pan in good form.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
And you're showing recency bias syndrom.
No, I have said he will come good since he came because it was very easy to see

One of the best players on the pitch in a CL quarter-final between two of the best teams in Europe and you are vasking what he is good at and comparing him with Lingard. Maybe have a lay down

eire-red

This is Upamecano levels of having a mare.
A bit of exaggeration on both ends there. Grealish has been playing very good for a couple of months now, but he's still not a cluch player or a match winner.

A quality player in an excellent team, but if you take Grealish out of the team I feel like you replace him with Foden, Silva, Mahrez or whoever and City still are where they are.

The huge difference in City these past few weeks has been Haaland, KDB and Dias at the back and fully fit has made City look rock solid once more.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
No, I have said he will come good since he came because it was very easy to see
You paid a world record fee for a LW/AM who's good at running but can't create chances for the best poacher in the world who's scoring goals for fun.
Let that sink in

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
A bit of exaggeration on both ends there. Grealish has been playing very good for a couple of months now, but he's still not a cluch player or a match winner.

A quality player in an excellent team, but if you take Grealish out of the team I feel like you replace him with Foden, Silva, Mahrez or whoever and City still are where they are.

The huge difference in City these past few weeks has been Haaland, KDB and Dias at the back and fully fit has made City look rock solid once more.
I disagree, take Grealish out of this system and it doesn't work as well. He gives us so much both with and without the ball at the moment. Foden in form maybe gives us a lot of the same qualities but no way he gets in ahead of Jack at the moment. He would have to play on the right, Which he already started doing before his issues, because Jack was already undroppable

markbrennan

He has become the main man at City as so few of us have predicted.
No main man at city there all quality . They play for each other. Bernardino silva tonight absoultqly slaughtered one of best left backs in game . No prima Donnas. They all work so hard . Grealish miles ahead of sancho . Sancho not in same league. Saying that can’t see one of our players getting on their bench . Maybe casamiro.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
You paid a world record fee for a LW/AM who's good at running but can't create chances for the best poacher in the world who's scoring goals for fun.
Let that sink in
Haha, as I said stick to gifs. You obviously don't have the attention span for the full 90 minutes

Let that sink in
Any chance you have a gif of Grealish pressing Upamecano, winning the ball and backheeling it into Haaland's path resulting in a goal? :wenger:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Any chance you have a gif of Grealish pressing Upamecano, winning the ball and backheeling it into Haaland's path resulting in a goal? :wenger:
Or when he put Ake clean through 1 on 1.

Really weird to say he can't create when he has 8 assists this season in all comps and the 2nd most at City, plus 6 in the league and the same amount of goals as Mahrez, who is primarily known for scoring goals.

Pickle85

Good player in an excellent system that's had an exceptional few months. As per, the caf's city brigade are overegging it. On his day he's really good but he'll need to have more than a good few months to live up to some of the praise he's getting in this thread.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
I'm actually dumbfound at how people rate a player being world class.
I am as well. Apperantly being consistently one of the best players on the pitch for a world-class team, including on the highest level against the German champions isn't good enough