Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Yep. You cannot expect clubs to keep paying £60m+ when they can get similar quality from abroad.

Maguire, Chilwel, Maddison, Grealish etc.. Players need to think of their careers and it is obvious for the better of their career, they need to be playing for the better teams.
They all naively sign big new contracts seemingly without a thought as to how much it’ll effect their futures. Agents/families need to start wising up to this issue.

OrcaFat

Surely if he signs now, it would primarily be to play in the front 3?
Maybe but I don’t think so. I think he is competition for no.10 with possible fill-in duty on the wings. Bruno can’t play every game, it’s too knackering.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Can’t remember a single Utd player getting in trouble whilst at the club...?

or a single Utd player that had caused controversy before we bought him...?

Just as an example, why don’t you look up Dwight Yorke before and after he joined Utd. Puts anything Grealish did firmly in the shade. You clearly have google skills!

If the price was right, we would be all over him. He’s the right type type of player who would relish the step up.

A typical Fergie signing.
Hehe or Cantona...

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Almost all the trouble that he's been in happened years ago (as seen by the two latter links being from 2015 when he was 19). The last couple of years he's seemed to mature and stay away from that scene (which also led to him being made Villa captain). Of course he then had a big slip a few months ago during lock down, but that's the outlier from the last couple of years.

OrcaFat

DVB will play as a number 10. Grealish only comes if James goes and I don’t see that happening.
I don’t think your reasoning is right but I do doubt we’ll sign Grealish unless we manage to offload a couple.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Surely there's no chance we are going to buy him now, with the signing of VDB who can play as AM.

Hawks2008

We've spent £80m or so on Fernandes and VDB in the last 7 months, would be pointless to sign yet another attacking midfielder.

OrcaFat

We've spent £80m or so on Fernandes and VDB in the last 7 months, would be pointless to sign yet another attacking midfielder.
Grealish would give us something different. I don’t think it would be pointless at all but I do think it is very unlikely.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I am not saying we will sell at this price. I am saying other clubs will value them at these prices. Of course we won't sell.
You're massively underrating our players value.

GoldanoGraham

Grealish will move around the end of next season....Villa will go down and so will his asking price.....

Slysi17

We'll still be after him. Donny gives depth in midfield. Grealish along with Sancho completes our attack.

His price is high, but it'll come down at around 50 million, no doubt.
Jack Grealish ain't signing for manchester united. That's dead now. Plus he ain't a winger/attacker. He is an attacking midfielder where we are well stocked now. We now have Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba Donny Van De Beek who can play there. I am so sick of us putting attacking midfielders on the wing like we did with Mata etc.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What is that something different he will give?
He's a very good dribbler. Doesn't look to be something VDB and Bruno provide. But we have what we have, and I don't see any place for Grealish now. Three attack minded midfielders who all want/need to start is enough.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We'll still be after him. Donny gives depth in midfield. Grealish along with Sancho completes our attack.

His price is high, but it'll come down at around 50 million, no doubt.
At the moment there's no need for him. We are loaded in his position. Had he been a reasonable buy I'm sure we would have gone for him but English players tend to be overpriced so you have be careful who you go for.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Jack Grealish ain't signing for manchester united. That's dead now. Plus he ain't a winger/attacker. He is an attacking midfielder where we are well stocked now. We now have Bruno Fernandes, Paul Pogba Donny Van De Beek who can play there. I am so sick of us putting attacking midfielders on the wing like we did with Mata etc.
He played almost all of last season on the left wing. Yes he drifts around, but so do our wingers.

Comparing him to Mata couldn't be further from the truth seeing as Grealish's best attribute is his dribbling ability, the thing that Mata lacks entirely. It would be like saying Eden Hazard is an attacking midfielder not a winger.

Slysi17

Surely if he signs now, it would primarily be to play in the front 3?
My response to that is we should buy an actual freaking right winger. It would be so stupid if we didn't buy Sancho and bought Grealish instead. If we can't get Sancho just go for another quality right winger instead.

Last edited:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Still just think he's our back-up to Sancho if we can't get that one over the line.

I reckon the club probably think they can do this deal for £60/£65m (plus addons) fairly quickly, so if the Sancho deal is a definite no, we'll move onto him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Feel for the player in this situation, thinking there's a good chance you'll be moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world only for your club to price you out of the move. That's twice now for Grealish with his Spurs move falling through a few years ago as well due to fees

Chief123

I’m not sure how some are justifying getting Grealish instead of Sancho is a good deal and fixes our problem. It doesn’t.

Grealish doesn’t play RW. If he did, he wouldn’t be very effective. We would still have the on going multi year RW problem.

Chief123

Feel for the player in this situation, thinking there's a good chance you'll be moving to one of the biggest clubs in the world only for your club to price you out of the move. That's twice now for Grealish with his Spurs move falling through a few years ago as well due to fees
Bet he’s regretting scoring on the last day of the season and keeping Villa up. If they were relegated he would be much cheaper.

Canuckred64

Haven't they bid for Romero and have an interest in Dalot? Couldn't we throw in Jones and Lingard and a bit of money for Grealish?

0le

Grealish will probably have to run down his contract if he wants to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.