Jack Grealish

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I really hope we go for him over Sancho. It would be madness to miss out on him. At his most dangerous moments there is a Hazard like quality about him when he enters the box. You just know it's going to be a peach perfect delivery, or a great shot or he's getting fouled.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
The more I see him, the more I want him. It has nothing to do with what happens eventually but I´d be so happy. He could even bench Rashford, I mean he´s that good but possibly it means Martial would go to bench. We should do our best to get him and if he´s any ambitious he should have some sort of agreement with Villa to let him go for reasonable price for both parties. Strangely I can see City hovering around, perhaps a bit too far with their pricerange but you never know. They have endless pot of money even though not making mega transfers...

superdry

touched by a genius
I've never seen anyone thread an inch perfect ball through a packed defence like this guy can.
He's definitely got something this team is missing and I'm sure he'd take us up a level or two !

Alfie092

Any chance we can pull of the signings of Grealish and Sancho this summer? :D

A front 3 of:

Grealish - - - Cavani - - - Sancho

With Martial, Rashford, Greenwood and maybe Diallo as alternative options looks sweet :drool: we do lose a bit of pace in that front 3 but depending on the opposition, we can start one of the rotational players for added pace when required.

Add a quality DM, CB and a more attacking RB and we then have a squad ready to compete for several years to come!

One can dream!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I really hope we go for him over Sancho. It would be madness to miss out on him. At his most dangerous moments there is a Hazard like quality about him when he enters the box. You just know it's going to be a peach perfect delivery, or a great shot or he's getting fouled.
My opposition favourite player. He just oozes class. He's strong, a leader, and can play in various positions across the middle and front. I'd love Pogba to stay, but he'd the perfect alternative if Pogba does leave. If Diallo plays well on the right with what's left of the season I would say spend the Sancho budget on Grealish.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
The argument against him joining is that we have Martial and Rashford for the left and Bruno for the center. Well he is better than all 3 and would instantly bench Martial and Rashford.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If we sign him he needs to play on the left or in the middle. Last thing we should do is buy him & play him out of position on the right. Sick of square pegs in round holes. If Rashford & Bruno are nailed on starters then don’t bother buying Grealish. Simple as. We need a right winger. If we sign him it should be to bench Rashford & still get a right winger or change formation & play him & Bruno as 8s with a DM sitting. Something I can’t see Ole doing.

gajender

If we sign him he needs to play on the left or in the middle. Last thing we should do is buy him & play him out of position on the right. Sick of square pegs in round holes. If Rashford & Bruno are nailed on starters then don’t bother buying Grealish. Simple as. We need a right winger. If we sign him it should be to bench Rashford & still get a right winger.
If posters can Look past stats he is currently level above all our attackers and seems like a player who would elevate his game further once he joins top team so ideally we should buy him and play him in his preferred position .
None of our attackers deserve to be guaranteed starters .

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

If posters can Look past stats he is currently level above all our attackers and seems like a player who would elevate his game further once he joins top team so ideally we should buy him and play him in his preferred position .
None of our attackers deserve to be guaranteed starters .
I agree with you but I don’t think Ole would drop Bruno or Rashford, which makes signing Grealish a waste of time in my opinion.

Idxomer

If we sign him he needs to play on the left or in the middle. Last thing we should do is buy him & play him out of position on the right. Sick of square pegs in round holes. If Rashford & Bruno are nailed on starters then don’t bother buying Grealish. Simple as. We need a right winger. If we sign him it should be to bench Rashford & still get a right winger or change formation & play him & Bruno as 8s with a DM sitting. Something I can’t see Ole doing.
There shouldn't be a problem of benching Rashford for a superior footballer like Grealish.

His undroppable status has been unwarranted since coming back from injury.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

There shouldn't be a problem of benching Rashford for a superior footballer like Grealish.

His undroppable status has been unwarranted since coming back from injury.
I agree, but Ole won’t bench Rashford. If we sign Grealish it means we’re not signing a right winger & either Grealish himself plays there or Rashford plays there, neither of whom are right wingers. We need a real right winger, we haven’t had one since Valencia pre right back conversion.

dbs235

It`s time again! :drool:
I genuinely look forward to Villa games just so I can watch Grealish. I think if he doesn't leave Villa by the summer he'll look back at his career and say he didn't play enough games at the top level.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I agree, but Ole won’t bench Rashford. If we sign Grealish it means we’re not signing a right winger & either Grealish himself plays there or Rashford plays there, neither of whom are right wingers. We need a real right winger, we haven’t had one since Valencia pre right back conversion.
Yes we do need a RW, but in that case they will also need a striker who can put the chances he create in the net. Ideally we get him and a RW. I would be worried if he went to one of our big rivals. We need a DM as well. The list that we thought was shortening is growing again.

Idxomer

I genuinely look forward to Villa games just so I can watch Grealish. I think if he doesn't leave Villa by the summer he'll look back at his career and say he didn't play enough games at the top level.
He has to leave to get the credit he deserves.

5 months into the season and I don't think there's any player who performed better than him.

Some are just afraid to admit it because he plays for Aston Villa.

DomesticTadpole

He has to leave to get the credit he deserves.

5 months into the season and I don't think there's any player who performed better than him.

Some are just afraid to admit it because he plays for Aston Villa.
He has to start for England. He has an arrogance about him.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The argument against him joining is that we have Martial and Rashford for the left and Bruno for the center. Well he is better than all 3 and would instantly bench Martial and Rashford.
There was never any argument against signing him that made sense. If you get a chance to sign someone like him you take it, then worry about what that means to everyone else afterwards. If he ends up at one of our title rivals it will be an absolute disaster. Would be mind blowing if we had a serious opportunity to sign him and spent a load of money on VDB instead. No offence to VDB but Grealish is a different league entirely.

DomesticTadpole

There was never any argument against signing him that made sense. If you get a chance to sign someone like him you take it, then worry about what that means to everyone else afterwards. If he ends up at one of our title rivals it will be an absolute disaster. Would be mind blowing if we had a serious opportunity to sign him and spent a load of money on VDB instead. No offence to VDB but Grealish is a different league entirely.
Problem is Villa wanted a lot for him last season, his value is increasing by the game.

The Irish Connection

The more I watch of our front 3, the more I think we need him. Haaland as well. Put it this way, if city sign him, they’ll have a direct replacement for David Silva.
We need players who keep and use the ball well in the final 3rd.
Sell Pogba and Martial, Grealish can play on the left and number 10 to come in for Bruno.
I have a feeling Ole wanted him but the board would only get Van de Beek, and for that reason, I think our chances of signing Grealish are low because the board will want to give Van de Beek at least another season.

rooney2009

In hindsight we should have gone for him instead of Donny
Probably would have cost about 60million but you would have to pay much more now

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Still think we decided against him because we are big on personality and character and he made a bit of a tit of himself off the field a number of times last year.

Renegade

The more I watch of our front 3, the more I think we need him. Haaland as well. Put it this way, if city sign him, they’ll have a direct replacement for David Silva.
We need players who keep and use the ball well in the final 3rd.
Sell Pogba and Martial, Grealish can play on the left and number 10 to come in for Bruno.
I have a feeling Ole wanted him but the board would only get Van de Beek, and for that reason, I think our chances of signing Grealish are low because the board will want to give Van de Beek at least another season.
He doesn’t strike me as a Pep kind of player. His a Fergie signing all over we need him!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Haha, get more joy watching Grealish and his calves in action than watching United attempt to play decent football.
Having him in the fantasy team, and seeing him get points gives feelings that are embarrassing for a man of my age to admit to.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Signing Grealish should be our top priority next summer, we just cannot afford the chance he joins a rival.