Jack Grealish

sidsutton

True, but Rashford can be just as deadly on the right.

Jack Bruno Marcus would be pretty insane. Add an in form/up for it Anthony covered by Greenwood with Paul lying behind the front four...oh my.
What has Greenwood done that you are not on first name terms with him?

Real Name

Where would we fit him in if we bought him.

He was absolutely stunning yesredrday. If Southgate has any sense he'll make him a starter for England.

Raw

Where would we fit him in if we bought him.

He was absolutely stunning yesredrday. If Southgate has any sense he'll make him a starter for England.
He can play on the left and the middle. He'll get plenty of games rotating with Rashford (who can play on the right too) and Bruno.

The Firestarter

If there was ever a moment to splash the cash on a player and not bargain, this is it. How often do you have the chance to get a PL proven player with great work ethic who consistently delivers the goods against the top teams? Also , would sell a shitton of shirts, the thought of which should be making Woody wet himself already. The problem is, we actually need him right now, he can make the difference for this title run.

Footyislife

Buy him for the RW in a playmaker role (Beckham 2.0 - even got the hairstyle). Bruno, Grealish vision/passing with Martial/Cavani/Greenwood/Rashford up ahead would be lethal.

thebelfastboy

No. Sign a mean,quick and skilful CB and we have a chance. Our problems stem from far too many defensive errors.

The most important position(s) on the pitch. Our MF is fine though we could do with finishing chances up front
Who's this mean, quick and skillful CB that you speak of??? I'm interested to know. I agree we need an improvement at CB but who's out there??
If the opportunity exists to sign Grealish it has to be taken

RUCK4444

The more I think about it his ball retention ability would be a massive help in us sustaining attacks and winning free kicks.

Plus I want those calf’s in our squad.

I’m on board the Grealish train. Choo choo

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Who's this mean, quick and skillful CB that you speak of??? I'm interested to know. I agree we need an improvement at CB but who's out there??
If the opportunity exists to sign Grealish it has to be taken
Look at the CBs thread for a quick answer.

gazbradley

I thought we would’ve been overpaying with prices quoted in the summer but he looked a class above. I understand the doubts of how he fits in but world class players always find a way and it’s not exactly a bad problem to have. He looked just as dangerous from the right as he did the left and having a flexible front 3 or 4 could work especially against the teams that sit back. If we can get a decent fee for pogba (thought he was excellent as well last night) then I’d be happy for us to go all in for jack

Aarons is more talented, though Cash is having a decent season
What do you think Aarons is better at?

Not disagreeing, just interested. I haven't seen a lot of Aarons, although anything I've seen I've been impressed.

Seen Cash a lot more due to spending time in Nottingham when he was there and I was always high on him...he always stood out, clearly, as their most talented player.

He's just a machine physically. Stamina for days, great pace, taller and stronger than most full-backs while still having that great burst of acceleration...and an absolute wand of a right foot on top.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
What do you think Aarons is better at?

Not disagreeing, just interested. I haven't seen a lot of Aarons, although anything I've seen I've been impressed.

Seen Cash a lot more due to spending time in Nottingham when he was there and I was always high on him...he always stood out, clearly, as their most talented player.

He's just a machine physically. Stamina for days, great pace, taller and stronger than most full-backs while still having that great burst of acceleration...and an absolute wand of a right foot on top.
He's very athletic, gets to the by-line and can cross. His defending is improving now he's had a season in the PL, though he's still a bit raw. Nothing that can't be improved with the right set up. If Cash continues on this trajectory then I'd be in favour of him

I'd be all for Laird but the lad seems to be so injury prone. If he can show he can stay fit, then no problem.

RedDevilzFox

As I said before, Grealish is this year's Sancho. Flavour of the year.

Get a deep playmaker and/or a right side striker please.

dal

He can play, left, right, in the hole, striker and with Bruno in midfield.

He can play anywhere a bit like rooney however preferably I’d like him played in the front 4 where he can scare the shit out of the opposition.

——————Martial
Grealish——Bruno—Rashford

Chasing a game.

———-——————Cavani
Rashford—Grealish——Bruno—Greenwood

get It done.

lex talionis

Jack can play left, middle or right. Apart from Bruno, there’s no United player who’s been anywhere close to Grealish in quality over the last 24 months.

We can make it work.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Yeah, I'm all in on Jack. I've been blown away with him every time I've seen him this season. Amazing consistency.

The Red Thinker

He’s got the right level of talent.
The right level of guile.
The right level of experience.
The right level of shithousery.

He’s perfect for us. Him and Bruno playing in the same team would be insane.

Kyonn

He's a great player but Grealish isn't coming to United. Villa are challenging for Europe. They wouldn't sell for less than £100M. And even if United got him he would be hard to fit into the team. To many players fighting for the LW spot.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How would he adapt in a team where everything doesn't go through him?

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He's a great player but Grealish isn't coming to United. Villa are challenging for Europe. They wouldn't sell for less than £100M. And even if United got him he would be hard to fit into the team. To many players fighting for the LW spot.
He’s a straight swap for Pogba and a big upgrade on anyone else we have in that position. Gives us the option of resting Bruno without being creatively inept too, and more flexibility in our attacking focus (direct passing vs direct dribbling but with a focus on fast attacks either way). We might not get good value on either in the short term but long term it’s worth it.

Kyonn

He’s a straight swap for Pogba and a big upgrade on anyone else we have in that position. Gives us the option of resting Bruno without being creatively inept too, and more flexibility in our attacking focus (direct passing vs direct dribbling but with a focus on fast attacks either way). We might not get good value on either in the short term but long term it’s worth it.
Don't think he's exactly a straight swap for Pogba. And even if he was Pogba isn't a automatic starter for United. There will be a lot of games were it will be hard to fit Fernandes, Grealish and Rashford in the lineup. (Rashford is mediocre on the right)

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Don't think he's exactly a straight swap for Pogba. And even if he was Pogba isn't a automatic starter for United. There will be a lot of games were it will be hard to fit Fernandes, Grealish and Rashford in the lineup. (Rashford is mediocre in the right)
Yeah and Carrick wasn't a straight swap for Keane, a bit of adjustment from player to player is normal and generally healthy in a team's evolution. An in form Pogba is 100% an automatic starter for United, and whoever replaces him when he's out of form is generally worse than an in-form Pogba IMO. Grealish is great from the right, great down the middle and great from the left. Same for Rashford and to a lesser extent Fernandes. They play a different way out there and we adjust our build-up to account for that but players with those skillsets can be a danger all over. Zidane may not have been at his best playing off the left but he played there for large chunks of his career because he was still great and it made more sense for the team. This idea that you should only play players in their best positions just doesn't fit with the history of football. Most players are multi-fuctional, now more than ever.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Would be great to have him in the team with Bruno but also we are fecked if Bruno gets injured so would give us much needed creativity. He also has a great work ethic like Bruno.

Just don't let him near a bloody car.

gajender

He will if he comes here.
Unfortunately Mata that came here wasn't simply good enough to become go to man at club like United whereas I believe Grealish is, his sheer quality would ensure becomes one of the major component of next Great United team if he moves here.

FujiVice

Even though Villa is his boyhood club, he'd be desperate to come here. He's such an obvious big head, to play for Manchester United would make those shorts even more tighter than they are.

Kyonn

Yeah and Carrick wasn't a straight swap for Keane, a bit of adjustment from player to player is normal and generally healthy in a team's evolution. An in form Pogba is 100% an automatic starter for United, and whoever replaces him when he's out of form is generally worse than an in-form Pogba IMO. Grealish is great from the right, great down the middle and great from the left. Same for Rashford and to a lesser extent Fernandes. They play a different way out there and we adjust our build-up to account for that but players with those skillsets can be a danger all over. Zidane may not have been at his best playing off the left but he played there for large chunks of his career because he was still great and it made more sense for the team. This idea that you should only play players in their best positions just doesn't fit with the history of football. Most players are multi-fuctional, now more than ever.

But Carrick, positionally speaking, was a direct replacement for Keane. Yes they played the position differently but they played the same position.

Never seen Grealish on the right. If he's just as good on the right as the left then he would be a great addition. But it's all a moot point because there is no way Villa would let him go. With him they are challenging for European football, with out him they might end up in the championship. No way they take that risk for less than £100M, and no will spend that kind of money this year.

Grealish will be at Villa at least through the end of the 2021-22 season. I could see them collapseing next year if they lose Luiz and few other key players. If they do that would be the time to go for Grealish, especially if they go down.

Last edited:

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
But Carrick, positionally speaking, was a direct replacement for Keane. Yes they played the position differently but they played the same position.

Never seen Grealish on the right. If he's just as good on the right as the left then he would be a great addition. But it's all a moot point because there is no way Villa would let him go. With him they are challenging for European football, with out him they might end up in the championship. No way they take that risk for less than £100M, and no will spend that kind of money this year.

Grealish will be at Villa at least through the end of the 2021-22 season. I could see them collapseing next year if they lose Luiz and few other key players. If they do that would be the time to go for Grealish, especially if they go down.
He put at least 2 magnificent balls from the right yesterday.

JohnnyLaw

I’d desperately want us to try this-

Rashford - Martial - Greenwood

Grealish - Bruno
New DM
We’d need a new DM, someone like Ndidi but we need one anyway wether Grealish is in consideration or not. He’s got the ball-retention and aggression to play there if we can sure up defence with a strong DM and an athletic partner for Maguire. Grealish average no less tackles/interceptions per game compared to Pogba and the aerial strenght we lose with Pogba leaving could be compensated with said DM+CB.

If that fails a 4-4-2 diamond like the one we used the other night would be a simple solution to any selection issue Grealish. Rashford, Martial, Bruno and Grealish interchanging in attack would be a thing to behold i’m sure.