Jack Grealish / signs new 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlahRules

Please elaborate on this, I don’t understand what you mean. Do you know their owners at all, or just assume they are skint?
If the season is voided the premier league teams would not get the TV revenue which means teams like Aston Villa would not meet the FFP demands therefore is required to sell. Its already been rumoured they need to sell to meet the FFP requirements.

BlahRules

I think they go down anyway if the season resumes. i just remember when Sessegnon was quoted at 90 million, then Fulham were relegated and sold him for 25
Sessegon didn't really perform to the level Grelish is showing. I think he will still go for 40-50m if they get relegated.

sherrinford

The one who needs to understand the situation is you, but it seems that you prefer to have an idea that suits to if you are the one who in charge as the manager of the club not Ole.

Let me ask you something. Why did Jose Mourinho, Deschamps & Ole (this season) decide to play Pogba in the deeper role of the 4231 formation? What asset does he have that others in United team & France National team don't have which make those managers to play Pogba in there, even though he is known as box to box or player who should play further than where they played him?

Have a think, and if you can find the answer, it'll give you the direction to where why Grealish isn't suitable replacement for the role & task that Pogba had under Mourinho, Deschamps & Ole (this season).
I’m merely pointing out the misconceptions you have about football in general.

With regards to Pogba, the question has already been asked and answered. He has been played there because he is a high quality player and it’s one of the positions he excels in. What he provides there is, in a word, progression. Not just because he’s got a long pass. In a previous post you proposed players such as Verratti, Fabian Ruiz and Rabiot as suitable replacements, yet these players don’t have Pogba’s range?

Based Adnan

If the drink driving stuff is true then we shouldn't sign him. Apparently he's also ignoring phone calls from Aston Villa.

Deery

Dreary
On social media just before saying stay at home, things were going so well too...

Deery

Dreary
If the drink driving stuff is true then we shouldn't sign him. Apparently he's also ignoring phone calls from Aston Villa.
Fled the scene of an accident he must have been full drunk or on drugs, police still haven’t located him.

croadyman

When I see stories like this about Grealish it has all those echoes of people like Morrison who had some serious talent but just couldn't get away from the wrong crowd and ended up not fulfilling his potential. I could just imagine what a consummate professional like Bruno would have thought about him after reading that story tonight.

Canadianred17

This is the cafe darling you guys want to spend $70 million? Better than Pogba apparently, getting pissed drunk and acting a fool after telling people to stay home.

Bondi77

I think he has written off more than a few cars with this little episode,
The big clubs won’t touch him now.
Silly Silly boy.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I really do wonder why people who say something to the effect of 'career over/ no big move for him then' don't think about other players who have continued to have successful careers after committing comparable or worse crimes. [Irrelevant point] anyone?

Member 90887

I really do wonder why people who say something to the effect of 'career over/ no big move for him then' don't think about other players who have continued to have successful careers after committing comparable or worse crimes. [Irrelevant point] anyone?
Exactly, [Irrelevant point] killed a 22 years old girl that was with him in a drunk driving incident, in wet conditions, going 110kmh in a 50kmh zone, he's enjoying his career without anybody talking about it at all and without even doing a month of prison. let alone 'not having his big move'.

Jack Grealish is going to be okay.

mu4c_20le

I don't think his career is over, nor is this necessarily the end of a big move for him, but questions about his attitude have definitely been raised.

Dante

Average bang
There'll probably not be enough evidence to find him guilty of anything serious. Cnuty thing to do, though.

Hopefully this is a wake up call.

SirScholes

Meant Greenwood. What would happen to his growth? We’d have martial Greenwood and Ighalo fighting for minutes. Something would have to give.
Ighalo would give, he is and always will be a stop gap
He’s done well but will be back off to China soon

Red_toad

We're all presuming it's him then and not someone else who knicked his car and crashed it?
People love a negative tweet that has pre filled in all those presuming spaces for them. If there’s any truth in it then it’s a police matter. If not people need to stop believing any shite they read...

Deery

Dreary
The annoying thing is if it was any of us that got drunk or high crashed a car then fled and avoided police we would be looking at jail time but Grealish will get a slap on the wrist with maybe a donation to a alcohol awareness charity..

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Really hope it's not as it seems.
Because just the going out unnecessarily and being close to people bit is idiocy before we even get to the dreadful stuff.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The annoying thing is if it was any of us that got drunk or high crashed a car then fled and avoided police we would be looking at jail time but Grealish will get a slap on the wrist with maybe a donation to a alcohol awareness charity..
*Assumption, uk law is somewhat similiar to Norwegian law

The court can take into consideration a persons employment when considering a verdict for crimes with a low damage outcome. So for example Jack, who is a professional footballer and can potentially lose his employment if he is sent to prison, will be a candidate for non-incarcerationary sentencing, ie. probation, fines and community service. First time offenders also get a easier time of it than a repeat offender. Other people can of course lose their jobs if they are sent to prison as well, which is why courts won't do that if they can avoid it.

A few things: We have no idea if Jack was driving. We do not know if the police have taken a bloodtest to determine if Jack was in fact intoxicated. Can the police prove Jack was driving? All things that will be considered.

A comparable situation:

Footballer Saido Berahino has been convicted of drink driving after getting behind the wheel of his Range Rover a few minutes after falling victim to a knifepoint robbery. He was disqualified from driving for 30 months and fined £75,000 at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court.15. mai 2019

Berahino was stopped going 177 km/h drunk off his ass.

This looks, and I say looks becase all we see is a nice car with dents in it and Jack Grealish with two footballs sewn into his calves, like property damage and a hard to prove case of intoxicated driving. Unless someone admits to it, for some weird reason.

What really irks me is the fact he went out to party. There are millions who are sacrifcing everyday joys right now to help stop the spread of this virus, and this assclown can't even do that. No one got hurt so I'm willing to let that one go if he gets counceling and takes a public stance for his stupidity. But ignoring the pandemic effort, is just so low.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Jack doing his best to avoid that big money move. He's so committed to Villa.

Sylar

Is it confirmed its him? Or are we all presuming hes guilty in the court of caf based on that tweet?

I mean if it is him, then yeah, chain him to a radiator or whatever, but 'if'...

Nickelodeon

Lingard-esque decision making. At the risk of being branded as a "knee-jerk reaction", I believe we should stay away from him based on this incident alone.

Deery

Dreary
*Assumption, uk law is somewhat similiar to Norwegian law

The court can take into consideration a persons employment when considering a verdict for crimes with a low damage outcome. So for example Jack, who is a professional footballer and can potentially lose his employment if he is sent to prison, will be a candidate for non-incarcerationary sentencing, ie. probation, fines and community service. First time offenders also get a easier time of it than a repeat offender. Other people can of course lose their jobs if they are sent to prison as well, which is why courts won't do that if they can avoid it.

A few things: We have no idea if Jack was driving. We do not know if the police have taken a bloodtest to determine if Jack was in fact intoxicated. Can the police prove Jack was driving? All things that will be considered.

A comparable situation:

Footballer Saido Berahino has been convicted of drink driving after getting behind the wheel of his Range Rover a few minutes after falling victim to a knifepoint robbery. He was disqualified from driving for 30 months and fined £75,000 at Highbury Corner Magistrates' Court.15. mai 2019

Berahino was stopped going 177 km/h drunk off his ass.

This looks, and I say looks becase all we see is a nice car with dents in it and Jack Grealish with two footballs sewn into his calves, like property damage and a hard to prove case of intoxicated driving. Unless someone admits to it, for some weird reason.

What really irks me is the fact he went out to party. There are millions who are sacrifcing everyday joys right now to help stop the spread of this virus, and this assclown can't even do that. No one got hurt so I'm willing to let that one go if he gets counceling and takes a public stance for his stupidity. But ignoring the pandemic effort, is just so low.
I get that there is a chance that it might not be him but everything is pointing to it being him.
Am sure some kind of camera footage will come out in the near future but again if you have money you get an easier ride than the average bloke on the street it’s not really fair is it?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I get that there is a chance that it might not be him but everything is pointing to it being him.
Am sure some kind of camera footage will come out in the near future but again if you have money you get an easier ride than the average bloke on the street it’s not really fair is it?
I can't really comment on all criminal litigation because money do hire amazing lawyers for example, but it's a bit of a misconception that the average bloke is treated differently than a famous person. (The US does not apply, the US court system absolutely do treat you differently. Affluenza laws for example). In general, and especially a case like this, fenderbender + alcohol, you won't be treated differently if its your first time being in trouble. What will be different is the size of the fine, the bloke with the money will receive one that is substantially bigger. Fines are supposed to reflect your income in some cases.

crossy1686

career ending
Is it confirmed its him? Or are we all presuming hes guilty in the court of caf based on that tweet?

I mean if it is him, then yeah, chain him to a radiator or whatever, but 'if'...
No confirmation it was him at all. People are presuming it's him because of that Tweet and because he got leathered once when he was 19 and it appeared in a newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.