Jack Grenglish

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
:lol: Has he switched back to any? Crowley would play for England one month, then Ireland the next and back to England the next month. I think once you start getting into competitive youth tournaments there starts to be restrictions on doing that though.
Mikkel Diskerud would switch between US and Norway. And eventually just said he would pay for whichever country gave him a senior team callup first.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
If you're going to break your leg then you are going to break your leg. Adding an inch or two on to your shin pads ain't going to do shit. He wears them because it helps him with his dribbling and there is no point making him wear bigger shin pads that will make him uncomfortable and play worse. As a fellow child shin pad wearer I am fully behind his decision to wear them. I don't know how he wears them so low though, they are pretty much on the top of his ankle. I wear mine up just under my knee to get them completely out of the way.
Same here, I never learned to play with pads - hate them! feels like your legs are tied and wooden. I hate football socks for that matter so whenever I could I would play in just those thin little socks that only cover your foot (don't know the term in English) thanks God now I'm not forced to wear the full socks and any sort of pads it's feels awesome and free.

Remember Berba turning up against West Ham away in our famous comeback in 2010/11 season with his socks rolled down. He looked and played like a boss.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Jack played the GAA as well, scored a point at Croker.

They've already tapped Dan up so don't see much chance of us getting him back unless he doesn't turn out good enough but he'll still likely get 1 or 2 caps. If he wants to play for England though then good luck to him. If you are willing to put on the England shirt then you don't have the passion for the green that I want to see in our players.

Edit: Actually feck it, after reading more on him he is welcome back. Tweets about Ireland when we play as well. Jack doesn't tweet about England.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
I can imagine headlines like Jack Greed-ish if he turns out to be one of those selfish dribblers early in his career.

All jokes aside, looks like a talented player. Curious to see how he will develop.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
What do amateur gaa players have to do with Jack's love for Villa? Because footballers get paid then people aren't allowed to love and feel close to their club? Jack grew up next to the stadium, has been going to games since he was a young'un and the whole family is Villa mad. They are very proud of being from Birmingham and Villa means a lot to them.
Im Just saying there is enough time for Jack to do both. He doesn't have to do this pick club or country thing he appears to be doing. I understand he loves Villa, but I think it is a cop out, another Stephen Ireland excuse just to suit him. Even his interviews are coy as feck.

Decotron

Grealish will play for Irish Under-21s, says Dad

Jack Grealish will play for the Republic of Ireland in September but it is more likely to be for the Under-21s than the senior side according to his father.

The Aston Villa midfielder has become hot property since his stand-out performance against Liverpool in Villa's FA Cup semi-final victory, leading to speculation that he could receive an England call-up despite playing underage for Ireland.

However speaking to RTÉ, Grealish last month claimed that he planned to return to Ireland with the Under-21s in September and his father has reiterated that stance.

"Jack will ultimately make the decision on his international future but nothing has changed for him since he made that statement last month," Grealish senior told the Irish Independent.

"It must be remembered that Jack only recently broke into the Villa first-team, so his sole focus is on keeping his place, helping the club avoid relegation and hopefully playing in the FA Cup final on May 30."

Republic of Ireland manager Martin O'Neill seems happy with that stance, claiming that Ireland's crucial Euro 2016 qualifier with Scotland would come too soon for the 19-year-old.

Grealish's club manager Tim Sherwood also echoed that sentiment, saying: "He has to play a few more times for Aston Villa before he needs to make that decision."

:cool: We have him locked in!!!

cyberman

Jack played the GAA as well, scored a point at Croker.

They've already tapped Dan up so don't see much chance of us getting him back unless he doesn't turn out good enough but he'll still likely get 1 or 2 caps. If he wants to play for England though then good luck to him. If you are willing to put on the England shirt then you don't have the passion for the green that I want to see in our players.

Edit: Actually feck it, after reading more on him he is welcome back. Tweets about Ireland when we play as well. Jack doesn't tweet about England.
I've read quotes from him recently where he says he's not sure which way he's gonna go. He hasn't been called up to any underage squads for a while so maybe he's asked for time to decide.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
I've read quotes from him recently where he says he's not sure which way he's gonna go. He hasn't been called up to any underage squads for a while so maybe he's asked for time to decide.
Hmmm, looks like he hasn't been in any of their squads for over a year. We might just win this one.

AKDevil

:lol: Has he switched back to any? Crowley would play for England one month, then Ireland the next and back to England the next month. I think once you start getting into competitive youth tournaments there starts to be restrictions on doing that though.
Yeah. For example, Grealish can't play at summer Euro Under 21s having started this campaign with and played for Ireland.

AKDevil

Wouldn't that be illegal? If Grealish chooses Ireland and Villa sacked him, he could sue the shit out of them!

it's hard for me to wrap my head around the idea of someone not knowing which county they'd like to represent. I say that as someone who could play for England or Ireland.

Whatever Grealish decides, I hope commercial considerations or wanting to go to a World Cup have nothing to do with his decision.
He probably wouldn't care to be fair. Everyone would want to snap him up and that would make it easier.

maze

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
was that the gay dude who got beheaded by the lannisters' butcher in season 3?

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
It really doesn't matter which country he chooses, it's not like either are winning anything anytime soon

rednev

There is non worthy of worship except God
He shouldn't play for Ireland because he is not Irish.

rednev

Say that to any European.
Almost all Europeans define their nationality on the basis of where they grew up, which is the only sensible way to do it. Jack Grealish is as Irish as Ed Miliband is Polish, or Nick Clegg Russian.

rednev

So he was born and raised in England to parents who were both born and raised in England, and yet he can be considered Irish?

What utter nonsense.