Jack Wilshere | I should be in the England squad

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
None of Redknapp, Best or Ferdinand were anywhere near their primes when they arrived at Bournemouth so I have no idea why they're being brought up. Rio & Jamie were still kids while Best was long since finished and mustered up a grand total of 5 appearances.

Current Wilshere will be the best player to play for Bournemouth. Simple as that, most of their fans would probably agree as well. Just has to keep himself fit of course which is a big ask.

RedorDead21

None of Redknapp, Best or Ferdinand were anywhere near their primes when they arrived at Bournemouth so I have no idea why they're being brought up. Rio & Jamie were still kids while Best was long since finished and mustered up a grand total of 5 appearances.

Current Wilshere will be the best player to play for Bournemouth. Simple as that, most of their fans would probably agree as well. Just has to keep himself fit of course which is a big ask.
He might not make a single start given his record of late who can say.

JazzG

Resident Arse.
He chose Bournemouth over AC Milan and Roma :lol:
He had agreed a deal with Roma but Arsenal refused to do business with them. Rumour has it some bitterness about the way we were treated while trying to sign Manolas. Not sure what the deal with AC was, not really the club they were any more. Been a lot of turmoil there in recent years so probably for the best to avoid that.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
None of Redknapp, Best or Ferdinand were anywhere near their primes when they arrived at Bournemouth so I have no idea why they're being brought up.
Probably because you said that Wilshere is by far the greatest player ever to play for them.

How good Rio and Best were at the time is obviously an entirely different matter.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
I'm actually predicting a really good season for him. He had a performance against us in the fa cup where he was class. He got the winner in a 1-0 scoreline and ran the show from start to finish. Has the seemingly common trait for British players of lacking football intelligence at times though.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He chose Bournemouth over AC Milan and Roma :lol:

Anyway, a place to discuss his performances
Milan has been horribly run in the last few years.

Wilshere needs guaranteed playing time, which wouldn't be the case with Roma. In Bournemoth, he can be a bit under the radar while trying to find his form.

RU Devil

Smart choice for Wilshere, TBH. Stays in the PL & probably gets regular games, possibly highlighting the error in Arsene's ways if he does well. Plus Howe's a good coach, not some negative/defensive type trying to stave off relegation a la Pulis or any of the other lower/mid PL coaches. Heck, if things fall right, Howe's in the picture for next England coach.

If this was truly just a loan for Wilshere to regain his health & prove his robustness for a full season, Serie A shouldn't have been an option. If it was a loan to put him out on the window, then the Serie A teams might've been a better option, but then maybe not if he wasn't guaranteed games.

LouisDanGaal

Brave, he could have gone to Italy nobody would have watched him and if he played badly he could make excuses about tempo and tactics and adjusting to the league. If he doesn't become a star for Bournemouth immediately the writing is pretty much on the wall. Fair play to him for going for it.

GiddyUp

feck Wilshere. Cheeky fecker. I hope he gets a cold sore.

thejtrain

I would have chosen Bournemouth over Milan/Roma whatever the loan duration is. It's easily the more sensible option IMO.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I see the "sensible" argument going to Bournemouth, but surely you could back yourself in a better team. Even Palace would be a better option IMO, they at least have a bit more chance to do something.

This whole nice football thing is a bit crap, as Bournemouth were circling the relegation spots last season and I doubt much will change this one. If they're getting beat every week, what chance will he have to play this great football.

Jury is well out on this move, for me.

Runner

I remember thinking that Wilshere would be the best English talent since Scholes when he first broke into Arsenal's first team. He he had the talent and drive to really become a top player. He seems to have a poor attitude, scraps at night clubs, smoking. His injury problems have really halted his development but he's still a good player when fit. It'll be interesting to see how he does at Bournemouth because I don't think he'll amount to anything if he gets injured for most of the season again.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
Because it comes down to more than the pedigree of the clubs involved and prestige ofvthr city.

It comes down to family, quality of league and opposition, football style, status within the squad (especially on loan), personal preferences in terms of lifestyle and familiarity.

It is entirely fecking obvious why he would go to Bournemouth. To be fair Bournemouth is a lovely place to be in terms of a spot to live. Can be a bit pricey but I don't see that being a problem for Wilshere :lol:

Yes, on the face of it, Roma and Milan would have been far more glamorous but I doubt he is overly bothered. He has to prove he can stay fit in a league with the competition, intensity, game volume and speed of the Premier League...

I would imagine Wenger would have told him similar because, you know, it makes perfect sense.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I see the "sensible" argument going to Bournemouth, but surely you could back yourself in a better team. Even Palace would be a better option IMO, they at least have a bit more chance to do something.

This whole nice football thing is a bit crap, as Bournemouth were circling the relegation spots last season and I doubt much will change this one. If they're getting beat every week, what chance will he have to play this great football.

Jury is well out on this move, for me.
A player that has barely played in 3 years, can't afford to take risks.

prath92

Is it wrong that the first thing I remember about him is him being all patriotic during the 'januzaj could play for England' days saying only people born in England should play for them only for cricketer Kevin pietersen to ask ' does that mean Justin rose mo Farah and myself don't deserve to represent England'?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
A player that has barely played in 3 years, can't afford to take risks.
I guess, but the only real risk with him is injuries. That won't change at any club, if he stays fit, hell be far too good for Bournemouth.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Is it wrong that the first thing I remember about him is him being all patriotic during the 'januzaj could play for England' days saying only people born in England should play for them only for cricketer Kevin pietersen to ask ' does that mean Justin rose mo Farah and myself don't deserve to represent England'?
It's a shame that it wasn't replied to with, "what about your team mate there, Raheem Sterling, from Jamaica........"

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
Roma director has stated Wilshere rejected them, not Arsenal.

http://www.football365.com/news/roma-chief-confirms-wilshere-not-arsenal-rejected-move

Roma director Mauro Baldissoni admits Jack Wilshere rejected the Serie A club to join Bournemouth on deadline day.

Wilshere joined Bournemouth on a season-long loan on Wednesday after also attracting interest from Roma, AC Milan and Crystal Palace.

Reports suggested that Wilshere preferred a move to Roma, but Arsenal asked for a higher loan fee from the Italians due to frustrations over previous negotiations for Kostas Manolas.

However, Baldissoni has rubbished the claims and says the England international wanted to stay in the Premier League.

“Towards the end of the market we saw the chance to take an opportunity,” he told TeleRadioStereo.

“We had identified Wilshere, who could’ve suited us, but he decided to remain in England. For the rest, we did what we needed to do.”

The signing is a major coup for Bournemouth, who have paid a loan fee of £2million to capture the 24-year-old, and will also cover the whole of his £90,000-a-week wages.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Wilshere was right in that case Januzaj getting to play for England would be a complete joke.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
Yes it's just you, most football fans first memory of him wouldn't be years after he ripped Barce apart. But anyway imo it's a farce having people represent a country that they haven't grown up in. So Mo Farrah and Rose, grew up and went to school in Britain so fair play to them. Pietersen and Januzaj came to England after living all their lives in other countries and fail the accent test. It's like the farce of American sprinters with strong American accents having lived there all of their life using a British passport to compete for Britain because they couldn't get in the American team, a complete joke.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
Talented player alright. But I said on here last year (or was it the season before that?) that he was finished and now it's happening.

He won't come back from this. A poor man's Gascoigne and that's saying something.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Yes it's just you, most football fans first memory of him wouldn't be years after he ripped Barce apart. But anyway imo it's a farce having people represent a country that they haven't grown up in. So Mo Farrah and Rose, grew up and went to school in Britain so fair play to them. Pietersen and Januzaj came to England after living all their lives in other countries and fail the accent test. It's like the farce of American sprinters with strong American accents having lived there all of their life using a British passport to compete for Britain because they couldn't get in the American team, a complete joke.
Yup. The first and only thing that people remember him for. That Barcelona performance.

Varun

Staff
Unfair. He did try to go head to head with Fellaini only to end up reaching his chest. The "what the feck is wrong with him" look on Fellaini's face is unforgettable.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Americans don't have accents. We speak proper English like the queen innit.

dogwithabone

Wilshere is nowhere near top class but then again I never bracketed Gascoigne as proper top class either. Consistency, application and mentality are all needed to top up the ability to be fleet footed and become a genuine top class talent.

Gascoigne never hit that note anything like enough and Wilshere is light years away. I'd say he's better than Biurnemouth to be fair but he's no better than a Southampton or Everton type player.