g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Have I smacked my head and ended up back in 2020? Because I feel like I’ve seen those exact same tweets by the exact same people a year ago. I’m convinced they’re in cahoots.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sick of this agreed terms but not agreed with the club nonsense.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
There’s such a weird arrogant undertone that comes from the Dortmund camp when United make an offer that is lower than what they will accept as if that’s not how every negotiation ever has worked where the buying party start low and work their way up until it’s accepted.
I think it's just posturing tbh. It's more annoying our fans saying "just pay it", which is obviously not how multi-million pound investments work. 2-5m would probably cover a huge amount of running costs for the year at Carrington, for example.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
This deal will happen as soon as the euros are done and it will end up like the Havertz deal for us. Around £70m with add ons. English media claiming it was £62m + addons and the German press claiming £75m plus addons

Good deal for all parties, think he'll be decent for Utd

CM

So the asking price has dropped over 40m by waiting a year and this forum is in meltdown because our first bid is 15m short - it’s the 10th June…no chance this isn’t getting done and at a good price too. Everything obviously agreed with Sancho too.
Yeah. I don't think there's anything to worry about here.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This must be so so easy for the journos this year... just rinse and repeat 2020's tweets as it's pretty much following the same path

SuperiorXI

Not surprised we've came in with a low bid, standard practice. Hope it doesn't turn into the shittest poker game ever like last season where we just don't budge and neither do Dortmund. Surely they'll fold now as Sancho's value is just going to keep going down.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This deal will happen as soon as the euros are done and it will end up like the Havertz deal for us. Around £70m with add ons. English media claiming it was £62m + addons and the German press claiming £75m plus addons

Good deal for all parties, think he'll be decent for Utd
Yeah I don't see it happening until the end of the Euros. He'll be great for us but I can see him having a decent/good first year and then kicking on (if the team is sorted and coaching improves )

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
How are a new defensive midfielder and centre-back going to help us break down crap teams that sit back the whole game, like, say, in a Europa League final?
Ole was worried about the defence and worried about a one man holding midfielder, so leaned towards two midfielders. Because Bruno is a must and because of the control needed in MF (and to be close to the defence to help out), Pogba was left out more than he should have been.

The two midfielders were 'ok' at going forward but not top and attack from them was sporadic, meaning our attack was Bruno and a front three. Yes, they had support from FBs pushing up but the speed of transition was too slow (unless a true counter attack) and passing too cautious/sideways meaning we struggled against a heavy defence (like Villarreal).

Have a better CH and we don't need two midfielders to hold/support them, especially if the one midfielder is a top one. If CH has a decent pass, we can transition out quicker. Better CH also means FBs have a bit more licence.

Result is we can get Pogba on the field (don't need McFred) who gives a different threat (runs direct, holds off opponents) so we have two attack minded midfielders (with different strengths) and the front three and faster transitions and FBs supporting sooner.

That's the plan anyway.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
There’s such a weird arrogant undertone that comes from the Dortmund camp when United make an offer that is lower than what they will accept as if that’s not how every negotiation ever has worked where the buying party start low and work their way up until it’s accepted.
In their defence they beat us to signing Bellingham and have been as successful as us in recent years, so a little bit of arrogance is probably warranted. Plus they have set the price in stone both this year and last year with ourselves haggling away each time, I'd be pretty pissed off too. :lol:

I don't think either club is in the wrong by the way, both are pulling towards their own best interests.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
This is clearly massive news and it's clearly going to happen. Terms agreed and 15m euros away on the price. Even the doom-mongers are going to struggle to put the negative spin on this.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Being silly
Utd could still sign Ings. It is not too late. I reckon they could snap him up for 100 million.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Have I smacked my head and ended up back in 2020? Because I feel like I’ve seen those exact same tweets by the exact same people a year ago. I’m convinced they’re in cahoots.
They sit at home, have someone on work experience change "2020" to "2021", maybe tweak a couple of numbers and keep churning out clickbait. Probably laughing.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is clearly massive news and it's clearly going to happen. Terms agreed and 15m euros away on the price. Even the doom-mongers are going to struggle to put the negative spin on this.
Just you wait...

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
£60m AND an Amazon voucher
"You want bonuses? HERE'S your bonus." [Woody slaps his almost troublingly small penis on the table]
£60mil is fine - feck them if they dont play ball. Next summer it'll be £40mil then the summer after its free I believe.
Sick of these germans coming over here eating our women, drinking our food, taking our best young talent and selling it back to us at ten times the price.
Jesus we let them win the euros and world cups dont we? And we let one of them poke the queens great grandmother - so its not like we are being unfair. Give em 1 inch they want 2, give em 2 they want 3, give a german a rope, he wants to be cowboy!!
:lol: :lol:

GledTheRed

Martial + £50mil for Sancho - yes please.
I just cannot see the point of Sancho, Greenwood, Amad, Rashford, Cavani, Bruno, James, Pogba and Martial all being here next season. Surely one or more of those have to leave - just for the sake of space on the bus! Our room bill must be astronomical as well its like going on tour with the blazing squad.
Rotation.

rotherham_red

James has played 500 more minutes as a right winger than a left winger since joining us. If you're good enough, you're old enough in terms of Amad and Pellistri. I'd already have Amad ahead of james in the pecking order for most games. Pellistri i agree would probably benefit from another season on loan, maybe in the championship.

I hope you're right that a rw will fix our issues against the low block and a 80/90 million signing should at the very least improve it but I'm still of the opinion with our options in the squad , defensive midfield is the most pressing need.
James has played those 500 more minutes at RW because a) he has arguably the best performing LW in Europe ahead of him in the pecking order, and b) literally no one other than a teenage striker ahead of him at RW.

Amad is a very exciting talent, but he needs time to fill out and grow. Him taking Mata's minutes is probably the best next step for him, and he can gradually build from there.

I agree the DM issue is a big need, and for me, it's a toss up between the DM and the RW as to which is the bigger need, but rightly or wrongly, the club is prioritising the CB ahead of the DM. Though, at least we know that the club knows where the issues and are following a plan to fix those.

I just wish our useless owners would actually cough up the funds we make so that it could go quicker. If Ole got the players he wanted last summer, we could have been in for a striker/DM this summer and set ourselves up for a title charge or a proper run in Europe. Instead of being on step 2 of the plan.

slored1

Wasn't this the same last year? Romano tweeting the personal agreement stuff and then that a bid is coming. Not getting up my hopes just yet.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I think Utd are suffering, mostly, due to their inflated comercial value. They certainly have not done enough in the trophy front to warrant such a huge stature. This means clubs just take the rip out of them for being a big Walmart. Not a lot of sympathy really but it would be nice to see them sign a good player.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I think Utd are suffering, mostlty, due to their inflated comercial value. They certainly have not done enough in the Trophy front to warrant such a huge stature. This means clubs just takethe rip out of them for being a big Walmart. Not a lot of sympathy really but it would be nice to see them sign a good player.
You don't really know what Walmart does, do you?

Giggsy13

£60mil is fine - feck them if they dont play ball. Next summer it'll be £40mil then the summer after its free I believe.
Sick of these germans coming over here eating our women, drinking our food, taking our best young talent and selling it back to us at ten times the price.
Jesus we let them win the euros and world cups dont we? And we let one of them poke the queens great grandmother - so its not like we are being unfair. Give em 1 inch they want 2, give em 2 they want 3, give a german a rope, he wants to be cowboy!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

KD6-3.7

We aren't getting this done before the Euros. I still think it's very unlikely to happen at all, probably what's most likely to happen is neither Dortmund or United budge and if Sancho has a good Euros they'll likely have more potential buyers and we go another year without signing a RW.

Joseunited

We aren't getting this done before the Euros. I still think it's very unlikely to happen at all, probably what's most likely to happen is neither Dortmund or United budge and if Sancho has a good Euros they'll likely have more potential buyers and we go another year without signing a RW.
:lol: Christ sake.

Pavl3n

If it's true that Dortmund's deadline is end of July then I can see us haggling over the fee for another month at least.
I hear they want 95 + 20/25 in add ons (talking about Euros). That's £80 + £20.
In my opinion £75 + £15/20 should do.
I'm sure we're trying to convince them 60+15 is a reasonable offer.

cyberman

I think Utd are suffering, mostly, due to their inflated comercial value. They certainly have not done enough in the trophy front to warrant such a huge stature. This means clubs just take the rip out of them for being a big Walmart. Not a lot of sympathy really but it would be nice to see them sign a good player.
We are the most successful club in England?

SuperiorXI

Is the **** of Rashford responsible for such a low bid? Ole's smile and lack of patterns of play are clearly casting doubt on Sancho's willingness to join.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Wasn't this the same last year? Romano tweeting the personal agreement stuff and then that a bid is coming. Not getting up my hopes just yet.
There was never any positive news from Germany last year. This is the most significant news of the whole saga

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I want to eat our women :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.