Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

For those that want to see it, Sancho does not feature once in the video and is not in the promo poster, but Bellingham/Witsel/Hazard? do.

FizzyWomack

Gareth Southgate deserves massive credit for getting this done, IMO. He knew that we were desperate for him and didn’t play him in case he shone and boosted his price tag. Some real 4D chess there. SouthGOAT.
One of the nicest blokes in football.
I hear he’s even been looking at houses in the Manchester area for Jadon to buy.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Not me....i think they are slowly in the decline with their impact and effectiveness plus their age.

The only advantage is that they know their system and have played together for three seasons.
I meant it in the sense that I think they'll have a better season for the coming one but ofcourse would I not trade them. Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho should only get better!

Yagami

Good post resistant
Can we celebrate this transfer with him scoring the winner against the Germans; thus knocking them out, please.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sounds like Rashford will most likely miss a large chunk of the start of next season so I expect Sancho to start on the left with Greenwood on the right. That'll boil some piss :lol:

WPMUFC

Bild say the transfer is now in the ‘home stretch’ and Sancho is ‘finally’ on the verge of a move to Old Trafford after a long, and frankly irritating, transfer saga.

The German newspaper believe Manchester United will end up paying around €90m for the player, and they explain Borussia Dortmund already have plans for where the money will go.

Given the damage the Covid-19 crisis has caused to BVB’s finances, a big chunk of the money will go towards filling that financial hole. More exciting for fans of the Dortmund club is finding a replacement for Sancho.

Once again it’s stated Donyell Malen is the first choice for that role, however, BVB don’t want to pay a crazy fee and won’t go any higher than €27m.

PSV may well see what Borussia Dortmund have done with Sancho and believe they can get a little more from the German side, playing them at their own game.

Ruhr Nachrichten, the newspaper closest to BVB, cover claims about a Sancho deal being close and, crucially, this time they don’t rubbish it… which is cause for optimism.
http://sportwitness.co.uk/mancheste...ansfer-fee-proceeds-already-set-destinations/

SplitzMagic

Knowing Dortmund they got a massive promo video waiting just in case we decide to try flog them Phil Jones.

Jericholyte2

I want the absolute cringiest, over the top announcement video ever!

Something like Sancho in the dressing room getting the kit on, seeing him enter the changing room (but not fully showing him), quick edits as he reaches for a red shirt, putting arms in sleeves, over the head, brushing it down, then walking to the mirror, looking at himself in the kit and says to the mirror...

"YOU LOVE TO SEE IT!"

I would laugh and laugh and laugh!

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Sounds like Rashford will most likely miss a large chunk of the start of next season so I expect Sancho to start on the left with Greenwood on the right. That'll boil some piss :lol:
I've been thinking the same. :lol:

In all seriousness, it will spell the end of Rashford being an auto pick regardless of form. Can only be a good thing for all parties.

WPMUFC

This BILD story seems to be the german version of the Simon Stone update on the BBC site about a day ago.

Stone wouldn't come right out and say a fee, but he said they rejected 85, wanted 95, but all reports suggested a deal was there. Now BILD report 90 million.

Is today a big day? It's feeling like it :drool:

lysglimt

Scout
The strange thing is - if United sign Sancho - our England 11 would quite possibly beat the England 11 without United-players

Henderson - Shaw, Maguire, Tuanzebe, AWB - Garner, Jones- Sancho, Lingard, Rashford - Greenwood

I mean granted our central midfield is a bit week - but apart from that, we are probably better than the England 11

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers

Something like Sancho in the dressing room getting the kit on, seeing him enter the changing room (but not fully showing him), quick edits as he reaches for a red shirt, putting arms in sleeves, over the head, brushing it down, then walking to the mirror, looking at himself in the kit and says to the mirror...

"YOU LOVE TO SEE IT!"

Add a dig to the other half of Manchester ?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

"YOU LOVE TO SEE IT!"

Potentially, if Haaland is not sold this window, we could be rummaging around the proverbial Dortmund garden for the next two summers straight in pursuit of Haaland and then Bellingham. I'm sure both clubs will want to keep things amicable and cordial knowing the 'partnership' is mutually beneficial.

I think Dortmund trolling us was to make a statement to the world that they are a big club in their own right and can stick two fingers up to the giants who expect to get whatever they want from them.

I know you're obviously posting in jest, but I'd wager the banternomics from both clubs is a thing of last summer.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Strangely calm in here. No airplane tracking. No mad reports from the training ground. No insane rumours. What's wrong?

WPMUFC

Strangely calm in here. No airplane tracking. No mad reports from the training ground. No insane rumours. What's wrong?
Sancho at Euros has killed the real muppetry, if we announce this today or next few days its going to be an "agreement made with BVB, pending Sancho medical after Euro 2020" tweet.

No flight trackers this time....unless england get knocked out right away and we still haven't got a deal so he returns to Dortmund.

cyberman

I've been thinking the same. :lol:

In all seriousness, it will spell the end of Rashford being an auto pick regardless of form. Can only be a good thing for all parties.
Rashford was the best wideman at Utd last season? As we stand, there is no way that any right winger we have is consistent enough to keep Rashford out and have Sancho on the left. Especially if the rumours of moving Mason back inside are true.
We literally played Rashford himself on the right wing last season to keep him in the side when Pogba kept him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.