Jadon Sancho | £72.9M fee agreed

Status
Not open for further replies.

11reds

If Amad can't earn minutes against Martial then why do we want to give him minutes?
The point being he will earn minutes against Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho. If Martial is not in the plans move him on. He has had his chance and while there has been moments of quality he is not consistent enough. This is Manchester United. It lays down a marker to others who think they can turn in flashes.

MiamiSpartan

Have you any comprehension of how corporate finance works ? At all ?
Yes, I actually do quite a bit. But I'm not talking from a corporate finance perspective, I'm talking from a football perspective as a supporter. Because this is football and I am a supporter. And as such, I reject the notion of worrying about an extra £30m of corporate finance considerations when the Glazers has pissed away £1.5b of the club's money through such considerations.

So I'm not going to get excited because we saved 30m by buying him a year later, when the alternative may well have been a better season and possibly a trophy. Especially not when the Glazers still took their 20m dividend, which is probably around what we would have actually paid for Sancho during the last year depending on the installment structure.

RedDevilzFox

I just wondered what your thoughts were as you seemed adamant that Martial will succeed when he leaves United?

City get plenty of players that don't work out. Why do you think they've spent so much money. Pep has bought two keepers, numerous full backs, centre halves. Literally bought Valdes then had to replace him with Ederson, Danilo, Otamendi.. there's lots.
"Will succeed"? When did I say that?

CM

What a ridiculous analogy. On a separate note, we get our pants taken down all the time.

Back to the topic, my point being, we know Dortmund won't accept any less, they have already proven that. If we are going to overpay like crazy, 5m doesn't seem like enough to haggle over and potentially drag this on any longer than it needs to be when Sancho could be figuring out the logistics of the move and getting settled as soon as possible.
They've already come down massively on what they wanted last summer and the it's being reported they'll accept a lower fee if we offer more as a guaranteed sum. The season doesn't start until mid August and the player is still at the Euros, it doesn't make a difference whether we sign him now or in a week or two.

Except city usually get the best out of their players and when they can't, they jettison them (see Sane).

Edit: And also, they don't have the budget issues we do.
Sane left City because he was pushing to leave and had a year left on his deal. He wasn't forced out.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Yes, I actually do quite a bit. But I'm not talking from a corporate finance perspective, I'm talking from a football perspective as a supporter. Because this is football and I am a supporter. And as such, I reject the notion of worrying about an extra £30m of corporate finance considerations when the Glazers has pissed away £1.5b of the club's money through such considerations.

So I'm not going to get excited because we saved 30m by buying him a year later, when the alternative may well have been a better season and possibly a trophy. Especially not when the Glazers still took their 20m dividend, which is probably around what we would have actually paid for Sancho during the last year depending on the installment structure.
I agree with you 100% but unfortunately the baord didn't last year.

TheReligion

Abusive
They've already come down massively on what they wanted last summer and the it's being reported they'll accept a lower fee if we offer more as a guaranteed sum. The season doesn't start until mid August and the player is still at the Euros, it doesn't make a difference whether we sign him now or in a week or two.

Sane left City because he was pushing to leave and had a year left on his deal. He wasn't forced out.
Yeah city wanted to keep him

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Such a shame how almost indifferent I feel about this signing.

Not because I don't think he's class but just because I've long since mentally processed it. Did that last summer really.

alexthelion

As Wikipedia points out...

The "legend" of number 7 really comes from the run of Cantona handing it onto Beckham handing it on to Ronaldo. The fact that Robson and Best wore it previously among many others wasn't relevant as it wasn't really a number of note.
I'd argue that the tradition of #7 started with Coppell and Robson, but was made more significant by Cantona and Beckham.

el3mel

It's a good thing this will finish early. Leaves us enough amount of time to focus on other positions. For the first time I feel we're not dragging things up.

Bogga

My fantasy PL teams name was "Announce Sancho"... I thought I'd give it another go and named my UEFA fantasy team the same... Persistence pays off my fellow caf members :)

roseguy64

Surely we can announce the deal as soon as the agreement is made, just stipulate "pending medical and personal terms after euro 2020" similar to how we did lukaku?

We shouldn't wait for the euros to finish...right?
It'll be announced right after England's next match.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So is Sancho fast or not? I thought the general consensus was that he wasn't very fast (which is fine as he makes up for it in other areas)

Recently I've seen people go so far as to say he's rapid.

Bosws87

So is Sancho fast or not? I thought the general consensus was that he wasn't very fast (which is fine as he makes up for it in other areas)

Recently I've seen people go so far as to say he's rapid.
Gnabry and Nkunku have maxed out at 20.9 miles per hour, whereas as Sancho has clocked 21.5mph at top speed.

Rashford is 22.5mph according to google to give context.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

Sancho
Sancho
Sancho Sancho Sancho
Sancho Sancho Sancho Sancho
Sancho
Sancho Sancho Sancho

Status
Not open for further replies.