5.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank White

Uh, not really. These are the attributes he possesses. When off form and lacking confidence, sure he won't show them as much or might be sloppy with them. But it's what he's always had and what's made him stand out despite his age.

I maintain that this season, this United team is virtually impossible to play in. Salah/de Bruyne/Van dijk, they'd all look like shit at United this season. It doesn't matter who we signed last summer, and their performance levels this season hardly mean anything for me in terms of going forward. Sancho is a player who has obvious talent and obvious huge qualities. And he's a player who if we sort out our coaching (hopefully with Ten Hag), he will thrive and be probably our best player where all of our play goes through him.

Its literally a wait and see scenario, I don't see the logic in anyone expecting magic and consistency in this side this season.
Maybe but he's a part of the problem too. His passing for such a intelligent player is typically shite, his work rate is nothing impressive, defensively doesn't offer much either. Hopefully he does turn it around with a better coach but as it stands the Sancho we've seen as been anything but what you first described.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Havertz is generally considered one of if not the best players of the EPL's third placed team if I'm not mistaken. And those are probably the only recent Bundesliga "fails" you could have mentioned who not moved to United.

Let's be honest, when it became clear Sancho - probably my favorite young player in the world - will move to United, I was hugely disappointed because the club is a career killer. To be clear, I consider Haaland to be significantly less talented than Sancho.
Havertz is making up for his lack of consistency by coming up quite clutch in big games I'll give him that but he's still nowhere near his Bundesliga form as far as goal/assist output goes.
The same could've been said about Haller when he moved to the Prem or with Jovic in La Liga

Clearly Sancho could be doing much better with a system that fits his strength and I think there's also a bit of lack of confidence that's hurting him as he hasn't been getting much goals or assists this season, however I don't expect him to get these ridiculous 17/17 league numbers for United even if Ten Hag somehow works his magic and challenges for every title next season

A 15 goal 15 assists season in all comps is what I think he should be aiming for next year

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
He's a good £30m player, not an exceptional £75m one. That's our problem.

reddevilchennai

He was the best player for us along with Matic. Should work on his end product and he will be fun to watch next season.

Giggsyking

What are you basing your judgment on? this shambolic season of the whole squad? He has been nothing but quality with Dortmund. It is not his fault he plays in dissolving squad.

L1nk

I feel like he will get a completely new lease of life with ETH, as he played well in a Dortmund system. He's got nothing but clowns around him, zero help

Bobski

Got some decent space in the second half there, and ran with a little more purpose off the ball. Now, why it takes being dropped after some awful games to raise his effort levels is a question that will have to answered and solution found if he is to be the player we need him to be.

Red Rash

Did well when he came on especially considering how bad everyone else was. If he played for Liverpool or Man City he would be exceptional. None of the other players are on his wavelength

Superunknown

I like him and can see that there's a good player there. I haven't made my mind up if he can become a great player or not. Leaning towards the no, as he doesn't seem to have enough end product to justify that tag. Next season for him is massive.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
What are you basing your judgment on? this shambolic season of the whole squad? He has been nothing but quality with Dortmund. It is not his fault he plays in dissolving squad.
I'm basing it on his performances for United and England. He's a decent player but he's not worth the money we paid and isn't a difference maker.

Judging anyone on stats/performances for Dortmund is a mirage. We've seen how many players leave Dortmund and flop.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I'm basing it on his performances for United and England. He's a decent player but he's not worth the money we paid and isn't a difference maker.

Judging anyone on stats/performances for Dortmund is a mirage. We've seen how many players leave Dortmund and flop.
Which ones in particular?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Just in terms of wingers/ attacking midfielders: Dembele, Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, Gotze, Sancho.
Dembele was not a quality issue, Götze had a metabolic disease. Do you see a pattern with the remaining players? ;)

And that's not even taking into account that it's a bit early to label Sancho a flop.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
I like him and can see that there's a good player there. I haven't made my mind up if he can become a great player or not. Leaning towards the no, as he doesn't seem to have enough end product to justify that tag. Next season for him is massive.
End product can be achieved in a proper team with good coaching. Just look at the transformation of Sterling after Guardiola and Mane after he joined Liverpool.

Superunknown

End product can be achieved in a proper team with good coaching. Just look at the transformation of Sterling after Guardiola and Mane after he joined Liverpool.
I agree, it can be achieved and I don't think we really know what his full potential looks like just yet. And we can't really judge it with the crock of shit that he's playing with at the moment. But, my personal feeling is that he's probably closer to someone like Grealish than either one of Sterling or Mane. If he gets anywhere close to what Mane is doing, I will absolutely take that, but I can't truly see that being the case. Very happy to be wrong on that, of course.

He's still one of the only current players in our squad that I enjoy watching. At the start of the season, was really looking to seeing him clicking with Ronaldo, Rashford, Fernandes, and Greenwood, but it's not his fault at all that things have worked out the way they have. Not an ideal first season for him at all.

Dansk

He'll do fine in a team that functions properly. It's clear that he has something in him, but things have been so bad this season that it's hard to expect much of a young player who just arrived.

He just turned 22 and it's his first season here. He's not responsible for the stability of the team. He has done better than most, but you need mature and dependable players in defense and midfield in order for a young forward to get anything done. If and when we have that, he will probably come into his own.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
This guy has shown nothing. Time to cash out while you might get close to 50mil back for him from the likes of Newcastle.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He'll do fine in a team that functions properly. It's clear that he has something in him, but things have been so bad this season that it's hard to expect much of a young player who just arrived.

He just turned 22 and it's his first season here. He's not responsible for the stability of the team. He has done better than most, but you need mature and dependable players in defense and midfield in order for a young forward to get anything done. If and when we have that, he will probably come into his own.
The ultimate Caf excuse for a flop. Good players stand out even in the most rubbish of teams.

Walters_19_MuFc

30M? Behave! His performances in Europe when at Dotrmund warranted that price tag. He was up there with MBappe and co. when it came to goal invlovements. A young, exciting player was always going to be around that price.

Our problem is not the price, our problem is not having a clue how to use these players when they come to our club.

That being said, even tonight when he came on, you could see he's got that quality, and hopefully under ten Hag, he can really kick on. This is still his first season in a United team, who have been below par.

BlueHaze

Right manager and right system will make him shine. He has it in him to become a very good player we can all see this. I expect him to do much better next year.

KeanoMagicHat

Sancho's stats and performances were exceptional for Dortmund, goal or assist every 90 minutes. Been a tough year for him but he was bought with generational talent in mind and is only 22. He'll get better.

Who’s a better player. Sancho or Luis Diaz?
It's way easier to go into that perfect Liverpool season and do damage, Diaz is very good but I'm convinced there are 10-15 forwards in Europe that could slot into that Liverpool team no bother and not look out of place after a few training sessions. It's such a well oiled machine with such a strong spine, that if you're a pacey forward you can't go wrong.

The Oracle

Was really disappointed when he tried to cross it to Rashford with the outside of his foot... and it just ended up straight into Alisson's hands.

Other than that let down, I thought he was OK.

BlueHaze

This guy has shown nothing. Time to cash out while you might get close to 50mil back for him from the likes of Newcastle.
Don't agree, he's had many moments where he's shown his abilities and he would be on 10+ assists if our attack wasn't so brutally fecking awful.

Giggsy13

If you don't think Sancho stood out in that garbage we offered up tonight then you might need your eyes examined. He was the only one that looked like he belonged on the pitch with Liverpool
Thank you finally some sense. Only Sancho, Elanga and Hannibal can leave that pitch with their heads held high. The fact the clueless mob are having a go at one of the best young players in the world just goes to show the state of the club.

MrBest

I am looking forward to seeing him next year with a new squad. Showed some directness.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Still worried he lacks the quickness needed. I don’t just mean pure pace but just the overall speed of movement and desire that the likes of Salah and Mane show. Will only judge when I’ve seen him in a functioning team though.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Still worried he lacks the quickness needed. I don’t just mean pure pace but just the overall speed of movement and desire that the likes of Salah and Mane show. Will only judge when I’ve seen him in a functioning team though.
He's just a different forward from those two. Salah and Mane are both inside forwards that almost function as strikers. Sancho is a wide playmaker. Think Iniesta when he played LW for Barca. More that style than constant running in behind the backline looking to fire on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.