5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulscholes18

Whats happening to Sancho after we signed Antony reminds me of what happened to Martial after we signed Sanchez. Sancho was playing well on the right, Antony came and he gets shunted over to the left and hasn’t been the same since.

RaulitoElCrack

The kind of player who is happy to sit on the bench and collect his massive paycheck. Has the talent but not the mentality required to be an elite footballer.

Sanchez7

Whats happening to Sancho after we signed Antony reminds me of what happened to Martial after we signed Sanchez. Sancho was playing well on the right, Antony came and he gets shunted over to the left and hasn’t been the same since.
Wasn't the excuse whole of last season that he struggles on the right and would shine on the left wing. It seems to me that he is struggling with the mental aspect

Giggs' right foot

I wouldn't use the word "well" - I don't think Sancho has had a steak of more than two games where he'd performed well. He disappears in games no matter what wing he's occupying.

At Dortmund Sancho had his best goals+assist-ratio on the left wing. I don't know what is up with him. He doesn't seem up to English pace and physique.

Strootman's Finger

He can't really complain though, his only good patch last season was when Rangnick moved him to the left.

lenny_1248

He's equally good on the left and on the right. If anything, left wing is his natural position, he played there in City's academy, in England's youth teams. In Borussia it was almost 50/50 between left and right.
His current struggles have nothing to do with that.

Strootman's Finger

He's equally good on the left and on the right. If anything, left wing is his natural position, he played there in City's academy, in England's youth teams. In Borussia it was almost 50/50 between left and right.
His current struggles have nothing to do with that.
Fixed it

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He wasn’t playing well though, not at all.

RuudTom83

The United shirt can weigh heavy on some players...I wonder if Sancho has that extra 5% it needs to perform in the spotlight.

(Same goes for his international performances)

OpenIntrovert

It seems to me that he is struggling with the mental aspect
I think the problem is that Sancho is not able to sync with the movement of Bruno and Rashford. Scholes in a interview with Gary Neville mentioned how he liked the movement of Ruud as he always knew which is the best place to receive the ball. Rashford and Bruno tend to go into areas which have tighter spaces, resulting in Sancho not being able to link up with them and having to take on more players than he would have preferred.

It is also important to understand that Sancho plays more like a attacking midfielder in the mould of Messi, where he is more precise with where he wants to pass the ball and where to receive it, rather than just dribbling for the sake of it. His style of play is only effective if his attacking team-mates are able to intelligently pick up or create spaces, which currently is not the case.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think the problem is that Sancho is not able to sync with the movement of Bruno and Rashford. Scholes in a interview with Gary Neville mentioned how he liked the movement of Ruud as he always knew which is the best place to receive the ball. Rashford and Bruno tend to go into areas which have tighter spaces, resulting in Sancho not being able to link up with them and having to take on more players than he would have preferred.

It is also important to understand that Sancho plays more like a attacking midfielder in the mould of Messi, where he is more precise with where he wants to pass the ball and where to receive it, rather than just dribbling for the sake of it. His style of play is only effective if his attacking team-mates are able to intelligently pick up or create spaces, which currently is not the case.
Interesting.

Do you think on the wing may not be his best position long term?

Luka Mora

He never played well on the right, every time he played there people began moaning he's better on the left. It's always alternating what his best position is when his best position is on the bench watching Garnacho show him what it means to play as a winger for united.

Antony had nothing to do with sancho being shite, he was shite before Antony arrived.

dubplate warrior

Interesting.

Do you think on the wing may not be his best position long term?
He's a top quality link man but his lack of athleticism does worry me. In a slower league he would look fantastic. I think gradually he will need to play more centrally and closer to a striker. No Martial or proper number 9 is limiting his strengths.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
He scored more goals for Dortmund playing on the right (36) compared to playing on the left (25)

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He scored more goals for Dortmund playing on the right (36) compared to playing on the left (25)
Yep, he's just better there because he's a genuine threat on the outside as well as cutting in. I can't remember ever seeing him beat his man on the outside and cross it in on his left foot where's he's perfectly comfortable shooting on his left.

MDFC Manager

Casemiro called him the most skillful player in the squad in a recent interview. Sad that he struggles to bring that onto the pitch

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Casemiro called him the most skillful player in the squad in a recent interview. Sad that he struggles to bring that onto the pitch
Maybe he is just lacking confidence, I think it's way too early to write hin off, he is still very young and can turn it around, he definitely has the skills to do so.

SAFMUTD

He wasn't playing on the right though, that was Elanga.

Tallis

He has done well on occasions but think is still adapting. Hope he can stay fit and keep getting game time and think we will see a different Sancho later in the season

GMoore23

Yep, he's just better there because he's a genuine threat on the outside as well as cutting in. I can't remember ever seeing him beat his man on the outside and cross it in on his left foot where's he's perfectly comfortable shooting on his left.
Those figures appear to be well off and your also not accounting for the fact he had way more appearances on the Right over the Left at Dortmund.

RW :
Apps - 71
Goals - 24
Assists - 36

LW :
Apps - 45
Goals - 20
Assists - 23

The stats show he's probably more effective from the left and I'd bet that's his favourite position as all modern wide players appear to favour cutting in.

Sancho isn't physically gifted enough to beat PL full backs on the outside regularly so I feel if he doesn't make it at LW here, he doesn't make it full stop. He could be tried as a 10 but can't see that happening with Bruno around.

Dominos

Chelsea performance was the final straw for ETH by the looks of it, not a single minute in the Europa or today, whilst we have injuries to other attackers. Hopefully he starts performing when he gets back in the team.

Red-17

I think ETH is sending him a message this week. He certainly would have been a better option than Elanga today on the right, but his energy levels have not been good enough. Hopefully he actually gets angry with being benched and steps it up whenever he gets his next opportunity. There is no reason he can't be a suitable alternative to Antony on the right or win the left wing spot in his own right if he just does what he is good at and plays with more intensity.

BerryBerryShrew

Chelsea performance was the final straw for ETH by the looks of it, not a single minute in the Europa or today, whilst we have injuries to other attackers. Hopefully he starts performing when he gets back in the team.
EtH probably likes his raw materials but thinks that he isn't firing on all cylinders yet. This could be more of a Shaw situation (where he takes him out of the team until he knuckles down) than a Maguire situation (where he hopes he never has to start him again).

Idxomer

He's being punished worse than Ronaldo, he should've played today instead of McTominay at least.

CloneMC16

He deserves time out of the team. He's been awful. Hopefully the time out will give him the kick up the arse he needs. It just sucks that the kick up the arse means we have to watch Elanga.

DevTheRed

Definitely being taught a lesson by the gaffer.. you get picked by form not reputation in this team.

Hopefully comes back stronger.

BorisManUtd

0 minutes against Sheriff and West Ham at home. He'll get chances to improve his game and will have to take them.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Needs to work on his fitness and start playing with more purpose and intensity. Hopefully he is ready to step up if Rashford/Antony are out of form or injured or need a rest.

crossy1686

career ending
0 minutes against Sheriff and West Ham at home. He'll get chances to improve his game and will have to take them.
He deserved to not play the last two games. He’s been so shit it’s unreal. Such a disappointing player, I’m glad Ten Hag had the balls to drop him even if the players available aren’t great

footballbite

He can basically say goodbye to the World Cup, he needs to be more dynamic, beat his man etc.
He was already pretty poor whenever he featured for England even when he was doing well at Dortmund, which was one of the signs that signing him for so much was an odd move.

Cathy Ferguson

Many of us pointed us that he lacked pace, stamina and fighting spirit already last season despite playing well at home against Burnley.

He is now the weak link of our team. Get Osimhen or Kvaradona in in the summer. I doubt Sancho will become a top player for us.

criticalanalysis

Those figures appear to be well off and your also not accounting for the fact he had way more appearances on the Right over the Left at Dortmund.

RW :
Apps - 71
Goals - 24
Assists - 36

LW :
Apps - 45
Goals - 20
Assists - 23

The stats show he's probably more effective from the left and I'd bet that's his favourite position as all modern wide players appear to favour cutting in.

Sancho isn't physically gifted enough to beat PL full backs on the outside regularly so I feel if he doesn't make it at LW here, he doesn't make it full stop. He could be tried as a 10 but can't see that happening with Bruno around.
What might be interesting to see from those stats is who was the full back. I'd imagine having Hakimi behind you must make a massive difference.

redshaw

Equally surprising is the lack of motivation to get back in the World Cup squad this season so far and now it's fast approaching. If I'm Southgate I'm definitely taking Rashford who has really done well for a few months, a player revitalized and improving aspects like heading.

I do believe Sancho is a top player and can come good under ETH but I also wonder about the big move for Antony kind of seals the right side spot and Rashford is charging back and taking the left spot. Sancho is too good to be a backup, I don't think I'd want to even see that from an objective footballing view. Does he have enough to edge out his friend Rashford and pretty much a club icon? Yes of course players get injured or lose form, I'd love a stacked squad but lets be honest I don't think Sancho would be helped playing second fiddle to Rashford and Antony if he can get around some mental problems, he could slump back and doubt he can be a high impact rotation player. There's central options as well. It sounds crazy to think of selling, he'd be a gift for someone but maybe we can use the funds.

crossy1686

career ending
What might be interesting to see from those stats is who was the full back. I'd imagine having Hakimi behind you must make a massive difference.
Having someone like Hakimi behind him won’t improve his final ball, ability to beat a man or score. He needs to improve, it’s on him. He doesn’t even track back so having a better full back won’t mean he does less, he already does very little.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He has the body of a twelve year old lad. Strikes me as a guy who is skinny fat, very little muscle and mostly just slimly built.

Has zero pace or acceleration, very little agility and can't beat a full back to save his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.