5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Rash

Picking up some form in recent weeks but unfortunately the season is almost ended. It's been a tough season for Sancho with his issues he faced earlier in the season.

Hopefully next season he will be in a better place and can be more consistently at the level he has played at recently.

ForeverRed1

It could click with him next season. Hopefully he works hard over pre season and doesn’t just go on a massive piss up.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I'm traumatized by United players playing a good run of 5 good games, get contract extension and revert to their usual bad self not long after.

If Marial somehow gets another extension it's gonna be 10 years

RobbieBerns

I think he’s been great lately and looks better every game. He really brings an added unpredictable and creative dynamic to the right hand side that’s been lacking with Antony there.

Waynne

Have seen flashes of his Dortmund days.

Is it a question of getting other players to unlock him?

Abhinav

He has been good in flashes the past few games. Not sure he has done enough to earn the praise showered on him in the the last 2 pages. 2nd half yesterday, he was largely poor and lost out on a few duels when he was played in a promising situation. Needs to do a whole lot better if he wants a permanent gig at United. Lets hope he kicks off with a good performance against City.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
That was a quality performance. The touch, decision making and passing were all on point.

amolbhatia50k

Both he and Antony have a similar problem in that both can beat their man, but neither have the pace to do anything afterwards. Bit like when we signed Mata tbh.

Decent performance again from him, but he was utterly gassed after 75 mins. Needs to work on fitness, no way at his age should he look like that.
Sancho’s short passing and technical ability is so good, the pace shouldn’t matter. His issue is more his lack of physicality and mental drive. Once he makes a yard he’s knocked off his stride / rushed / rattled way too easily.

Yesterday was an example of why he doesn’t really need electric pace to make an impact as his passing when he’s playing is quality as his time on the ball. Problem is between the ears and physicality and if he can’t sort that out he will leave his potential terribly unfulfilled.

meamth

Has to add more strength, maybe get leaner and agile, or perhaps raise his fitness level so he can run all day.

Other than that, he can nutmeg PL quality defenders for fun, that's some quality and flair to burn next season.

amolbhatia50k

Has to add more strength, maybe get leaner and agile, or perhaps raise his fitness level so he can run all day.

Other than that, he can nutmeg PL quality defenders for fun, that's some quality and flair to burn next season.
It’s all about his fitness / strength and mental drive now. Honestly if he doesn’t have the will to really push himself in that regarded I’d sell him this summer. Can’t take another season of watching such a talent waste his opportunities by not having the right attitude. If he does have that we will see at the start of next season.

meamth

It’s all about his fitness / strength and mental drive now. Honestly if he doesn’t have the will to really push himself in that regarded I’d sell him this summer. Can’t take another season of watching such a talent waste his opportunities by not having the right attitude. If he does have that we will see at the start of next season.
I think he will do something like Shaw, AWB, Rashford before, training with a private physical/fitness coach. If that didn't happen or he doesn't show us in his social media then I'm quite worried next season.

You are correct, he needs to step up during pre-season and try to change something.

sleepehead

Honestly think he needs to go on a conditioning and strengthening regimen this season. He needs to go and workout with Mctominay for strength and with Rashford for burst and acceleration. These two are probably the best for our club in their physical areas.

amolbhatia50k

I think he will do something like Shaw, AWB, Rashford before, training with a private physical/fitness coach. If that didn't happen or he doesn't show us in his social media then I'm quite worried next season.

You are correct, he needs to step up during pre-season and try to change something.
What surprises me is that it didn’t happen when he took time.

Andersonson

I think he’s been great lately and looks better every game. He really brings an added unpredictable and creative dynamic to the right hand side that’s been lacking with Antony there.
Has he been great lately or just not terrible?

He wasnt great against Fulham either he has a decent game. I understand that people wants him to click on, but you guys are overreacting his performances.

If this is the best we get from Sancho it ain't enough, pure and simple

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
Has had a good end to the season. He needs a good pre-season, to come back fitter and more focused, and hopefully he will have a top quality striker to work off of next season.

If we can get him playing to the levels we saw from him when he was at dortmund, it would add levels to our attack.

CM

Nice to see Sancho finding some form. We'll need him to carry that into the cup final if we're going to stand any chance vs City.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He is like a candle that looses its wax as the game goes on.

Jev

He looked very lean when he came back from The Netherlands, is it just me or is that gone again?

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
He’s good but so weak when he’s defending a ball. There was a moment in the 2nd half where he was first to the ball but the defender (Tete?) managed to get the ball off him with relative ease. He needs to be much much better on the ball.

fps

Martial was very good for us for some period of time. Peak Martial would take this team a level up. Whatever happened to him I don't know, but he looks a shadow of himself and probably needs a change.

With Sancho you see flashes of what he can do, but I think this is a matter of how to utilise him. He isn't going to play LW with Rashford and Garnacho in the team, I don't particularly like the idea of him in no10 because our midfield is too lightweight, but I can see him edging it over Antony on RW. He is clearly far superior in terms of footballing ability, but he runs less and games pass him by when it gets rough so I can see why ETH would prefer Antony, even if he doesn't offer that much offensively.
I like Antony. I see his work-rate makes him a pest that you can't ignore, even if he's not always finding the end product. That puts pressure on the oppo not to overcommit forward. And he's started to find his shooting range with a few beauties. I agree that I can't see Sancho's best position, if he's not suited to our LW I don't see how he's suited to our RW though.

fps

As I was one of the folk who mentioned the 10 role I’ve a couple questions and a comment. Do you see all number 10 as hard working.?

I believe in hard work rather than magic so hope that all players can develop, regardless of age. While I want all players in my team to be brave and hardworking that’s not necessarily the traits that I look for in my number 10 initially. I also believe he can provide in terms of assists and build up play, but if you meant something else, can you expand please? I think he has improved his work ethic but each to their own.

I’ve seen other players similar to Sancho skill set move centrally too, so feel it’s less than delusional in fairness.
The way football's played these days, there's no room for someone who doesn't run hard.

Nick7

I hope he can take confidence from his last few starts and truly kick on. Would be great if he could start performing at a high level here.

Jadon you tease. It’s taken you 2 seasons but I see a bit of Dortmund coming out of you. Two good/great performances in a row.

Let’s go, next I’d love to see him improve his strength, stamina and aggression.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I like Antony. I see his work-rate makes him a pest that you can't ignore, even if he's not always finding the end product. That puts pressure on the oppo not to overcommit forward. And he's started to find his shooting range with a few beauties. I agree that I can't see Sancho's best position, if he's not suited to our LW I don't see how he's suited to our RW though.
On the bolded part, Antony actually started this season with some great long range goals but his finishing has been appealing since then (his curlers are still good, just ineffective; his finishing and in general decision making when in good situation has been terrible though). I admire his effort and he's a better RW option than Sancho but only when he has to cover for midfield (basically when Eriksen is playing). If we're playing Casemiro-Fred then I prefer Sancho on the right as he can do more damage as he's significantly better attacker.

I don't know what is his best position but quite clearly it's easier to play RW in this team as we usually play through the left, therefore right side gets much more space as is less congested. I also think when Jadon plays LW he is asked to dribble and his confidence drops. His chance creation from the right has been excellent recently.

I also like the idea of inverted wingers on one side and "traditional" winger on the other, traditional in a way he can go to the line and cross. Sancho has been doing this recently even without pace.

markbrennan

Think people forget he had a full preseason last year and was good . But preseason game mean nothing as there is zero pressure . Sancho loves no pressure games like our last two. I think we are clutching at straws with this guy . I would love somebody to tell me how many good games he has had this year. Starting to look like a pogba where we keep hoping but just get disappointed after every game . Doesn’t get stick in media he deserves because he is English.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
He looked very lean when he came back from The Netherlands, is it just me or is that gone again?
He looks pudgy again. He’s playing better now, but he needs to be a lot fitter, and this line that “he’s not got the pace, but he’s good at…” seems like nonsense to me. No doubt he was miles quicker at Dortmund, and he hasn’t had serious injuries, so he should be in his absolute best shape now…

klayton88

Based on his form in the last few games I'd be willing to give him pre season and then assess from there. If he turns up looking chunky and the version we've seen for vast majority of the season, sell.

Borninthe80ts

The way football's played these days, there's no room for someone who doesn't run hard.
As a general I agree, everyone has to press. I think Jadon is improving in this aspect as evidenced by the tracking back recently. Also as we improve controlling possession hopefully there’s less need for hard running and more smart running.

jesperjaap

I'm traumatized by United players playing a good run of 5 good games, get contract extension and revert to their usual bad self not long after.

If Marial somehow gets another extension it's gonna be 10 years
Yes, same thing with the fans too on here to be fair though. Sancho has a bad game "sell him, not happening, rubbish" etc etc, puts in one decent performance and its "flashes od Dortmund days, signs of progression, player in there".

See it on almost every performance thread. There are quite a few been poor here for years like Lindelof, Fred still get these reactions and its taken an age for people to give up on the likes of Martial, Maguire pretty much the only one who has avoided it.

Its obvious Sancho is a talented player and has had troubles this season. Been two poor seasons now, not personally ready to give up on him.....but at the same time, can see plenty of reasoning that he is an expendible player.....and on that note, only last week he was unseallble and another we would be lucky to get £20m for.

Ten Hag has had a good first season and certainly talks a good game, but so di dboth Mourinho and SOlkjear, so although i really like listening to his views and think he looks to be a really good manager.....really think this summer now he has see the squad, it will be intruiging and quite telling what he does this window both in terms of trying to move players on and who he buys in and really pivotal to any progression next season, which both Mourinho and SOlkjear really failed to do in there summer window after a season....whether all in there control who knows though

scottser

He has 'Grealishitis' - a condition that causes him to take too many touches on the ball, leading to poor passing choices. In advanced cases, players will go to ground at the remotest thought of being tackled.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Have seen flashes of his Dortmund days.

Is it a question of getting other players to unlock him?
It's confidence which was all time low, pressure of playing for United and the big price tag, tough competition for places in the team in his position, suitability to the league and adapting to it.

Man City 2:1 Man Utd

Erics_Collar

What a sad, sorry, pathetic individual.

He'll be sitting at home tonight and he may have all the money in the world, but I hope he realises that there was a worldwide audience of football fans laughing at his pathetic performance today.

I will support United players who deserve support. Sancho is not one of them. He does not deserve support, he does not deserve any more chances. He's an absolute fraud, stealing a living and conning every United fan who watches him serve up shite every time he plays.

He's a tragic case and I have no sympathy for him. Hopefully there's a realisation this summer that football isn't for him and he fúcks off into obscurity where he belongs.

Dearg hÉireann

An absolutely disgraceful performance from a "generational talent" Christ almighty he's a weak little prick

Status
Not open for further replies.