5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil You Know

It's not about form. It's about the way his brain works.

For example, I might have an encyclopedic knowledge about every single topic in the world. But if my reaction speeds were slow, I'd never be able to beat even the worst of opponents to the buzzer on the average TV gameshow, despite knowing more than all of them.

By the same token, Sancho might be one of the best in the world at picking out a pass. That's why he was able to rack up the assists in Germany when he was given the freedom to process each situation fully. But in England, he'll never have the time he needs to make it count.

It's one of things that's not a linear correlation. With 70% of the time & space he was afforded at Dortmund, he's only able to pull the trigger quickly enough 10% of the time at United. It's unfortunate, but does mean that Sancho simply isn't cut out for the top level.

There's a lot to like about Jadon, but we need to cut our losses before he loses too much more of his value.

Reactions: Invictus

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I hate the fans that bought him here.

Literally pushed Ole to buy him.

It’s one of my greatest & proudest achievements that I never rated Sancho at Dortmund.
Absolutely. Ole didn't want to sign him but did it because fans on social media wanted it. :wenger:

OverratedOpinion

Crumbled under the occasion. Mentally fragile player. Fine for the squad, he'll stay next year but like... He's not good for these occasions
Didn't really crumble, played like he plays most weeks. Gets played the ball outside, either slowly runs into someone or stands on it until someone gently takes it off him.

Leg-End

Unless he steps up massively next year he will be a casualty of ETH’s infinity gauntlet. There’s a player in there but we see it about 5 times a season and he has the knack for absolutely shitting himself in the big games.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Back passes galore. Can’t beat a man to save his life, can’t cross, can’t do anything

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
There is no way Sancho can start for us next season if we have ambitions of clinching another Top 4 finish. Liverpool and Chelsea aren’t going to drop like flies next season that’s for sure and we need someone more positive who reads the game better

Lecland07

Way too slow with moving the ball. I thought there might still be a bit of hope with him, but I think that is it for him.

We really need to move on and hope that Antony does not end up as a similar situation.

Dannn411

People were waxing lyrical after almighty Chelsea and Fulham :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Utterly hopeless player. Once we sign the goal scoring centre forward and he confirms his uselessness, just banish him to the reserves till his contract is up because nobody is touching his salary with a barge pole.

Idxomer

He has a weaker will when he's going for the ball than almost any player I've ever seen at this club.

BarryWinks

What a sad, sorry, pathetic individual.

He'll be sitting at home tonight and he may have all the money in the world, but I hope he realises that there was a worldwide audience of football fans laughing at his pathetic performance today.

I will support United players who deserve support. Sancho is not one of them. He does not deserve support, he does not deserve any more chances. He's an absolute fraud, stealing a living and conning every United fan who watches him serve up shite every time he plays.

He's a tragic case and I have no sympathy for him. Hopefully there's a realisation this summer that football isn't for him and he fúcks off into obscurity where he belongs.
Relax, mate. It's just a game. :lol:

CloneMC16

Awful again. Slow in possession. Gives the ball away when he's anywhere near the opposition's box. Can't beat a man. Pulls out of every 50/50. I can't believe how bad he's been. Horrible decision to give him such a huge contract. It makes him unsellable.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don’t think anything has to do with mental fragility so I don’t understand those posts, he’s just so lethargic right now.

Winrar

I consider myself pretty lenient in letting players ease into the club, but I'm losing any hope for him to succeed here.

I'm leaning towards cutting our losses here, if we can.

Gazautd18

Woke up today thinking he would put in a star performance.
How wrong was I.
Dude was anonymous.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Can’t stand him. Far too slow and weak. Mentally doesn’t have any fight in him.

Lentwood

Sancho doesn't annoy me like some of our other 'bad' players because he has talent, but this should hopefully serve as a lesson to the club - without pace, power and aggression, its nigh on impossible to be a top level PL forward

Superunknown

If we want to go places and make that jump up from 3rd to 2nd to 1st, and we want to go from FA Cup finalists to winners, we need to move on lacklustre, desireless, lethargic players like Sancho. I would completely understand the club's decision to move him on. He's too frustrating and we should be expecting and getting more from a player who plays in his position and for his overall cost. He's been so disappointing.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I’d like to know what his plans are tonight. He definitely has other plans for the night.
Had no aggression or competitiveness to his game. This was the last game of the season and to be so nonchalant in it baffles me.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Sancho never looked like winning any 50/50. He barely looked like he wanted to contest them either. The physicality of this game left him behind. It was like watching a talented kid playing against grown men at times.
Weakest player I've seen.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Ten Hag f*cked it by not starting this guy on the right.

It’s the only way he could have performed to a near 7/10 standard.

Ace of Spades

If we can get Neymar, I would do it. Sell this guy and use that money. So useless. never rated him

Bobski

If we can get Neymar, I would do it. Sell this guy and use that money. So useless. never rated him
Neymar would be the cap on a decade of dumb transfers. Need to build a team, instead of hoping star power will provide a shortcut. Not basketball.

AaronRedDevil

Neymar would be the cap on a decade of dumb transfers. Need to build a team, instead of hoping star power will provide a shortcut. Not basketball.
Neymar is still one of the best wingers in the world. He’ll tear it up. Only worry is his injury record.

Irwin99

I disagree with those that say he didn't play with effort- he clearly did (just like everyone in our team did today) but there was no quality from him at all. He looks absolutely lost. No creativity, offers no danger. He tried and there was workrate there but didn't offer anything in an attacking sense.

Seems unfair at times to compare him with Garnacho but the contrast between the two was stark. One kid played with no fear the other just wasn't in the game.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Although it wasn't his best game, nor was he great I think people have been quite harsh on him.

He was up against Walker which is a poor match-up for Sancho, add to that he spent the majority of the game trying to press the city back three who had easy possession. We also stupidly tried to play long balls onto him at times, arguably the weakest guy on the pitch trying to win headers against Walker/Dias/Stones/Akanji/Rodri

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We need to sit down with him in the Summer and ask him to provide us with a list of full backs, midfielders and forwards that we specifically need to target for him to do well here.

santeria13

Sublemon
I disagree with those that say he didn't play with effort- he clearly did (just like everyone in our team did today) but there was no quality from him at all. He looks absolutely lost. No creativity, offers no danger. He tried and there was workrate there but didn't offer anything in an attacking sense.

Seems unfair at times to compare him with Garnacho but the contrast between the two was stark. One kid played with no fear the other just wasn't in the game.
To me, it's just quite clear that he can't handle the pressure at United. We all know he's talented, as seen from his Dortmund days. The thing is, talent without self-belief and grit are meaningless.

Also, for those saying he can turn it around and that he's young - When have we ever seen a player who's been consistently poor for two whole years completely turn around their career and go on to be one of the best players in the world? And if we want to compete, we need our attackers to be of that level. At most, he might make it as a squad player, but honestly his attitude and lack of any fight wouldn't even cut it there, IMO.

I hate to say it, but he might even be the most underwhelming wide player I've seen play for us in my life time (born in 93). That includes watching Ashley Young play winger for us under Moyes.

Last edited:

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
All of the insipid performances out there and you decide to go in on Jadon? I can probably guess why.
He was the 3rd worst player. He had some opportunities to do something and failed spectacularly along with being a physical liability as usual.

I'm done with him after that. As weak and hopeless a performance as I've seen from a Manchester United player. Fluffed every touch, beaten to every ball. Talented as he may be, he's never going to make it here. He can't handle the physicality of the league or the pressure of the club.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Why does everyone say he is so technically talented? His technique is good, that's all.

His vision and composure in the box is high level and that's it. Physically he's a school boy playing with men.

I'm giving him next season though. I just want United to dominate possession in at least some games and Sancho will hopefully show more.

Status
Not open for further replies.