g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

glasgow 21

The board should play chicken on this one. It's not like the Maguire situation where he's not done anything wrong apart from not being good enough.
Bar being found guilty of aggravated assault, resisting arrest and attempted bribery yep he has done nothing. Oh wait and getting his mum involved.

crossy1686

career ending
Praying it happens. That’s our best chance at a nice sized fee
There's a chance he's realised that a high salary brings high expectations and high levels of scrutiny, so now he's robbed us he might want to just go back to being a first team regular for a smaller team where he can do whatever the feck he wants and no one calls him out for it because he's doing them a favour with his low wages.

Valencia Shin Crosses

There's a chance he's realised that a high salary brings high expectations and high levels of scrutiny, so now he's robbed us he might want to just go back to being a first team regular for a smaller team where he can do whatever the feck he wants and no one calls him out for it because he's doing them a favour with his low wages.
Yeah I mean it’s quite clear he cares more about “being a footballer” than actually playing the sport and yearning to achieve goals within it. In his mind he’s probably already made it when he came on a big money move to a huge club and got paid huge wages.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City

This got recommended on my Youtube yesterday and I can't help but feel Sancho would rather be doing stuff like this than actually do what a Man United player is supposed to do on a consistent basis.

OT_United

Seriously pissed off with him.
He deserves to rot in the u23’s until January, but fear that will just bring his price down completely.

Oranges038

We've been had by Dortmund again!
How many players have left Dortmund with high expectations and gone on to be big successes elsewhere?

Haaland
Lewandowski
Gundogan
Isak ???
Bellingham (so far so good).

This lot off the top of my head, all failures.

Dembele
Abuameyang
Mikhtaryan
Sancho
Kagawa
Gotze
Sahin
Hummels
Pulisic

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
How many players have left Dortmund with high expectations and gone on to be big successes elsewhere?

Haaland
Lewandowski
Gundogan
Isak ???

Dembele
Abuameyang
Mikhtaryan
Sancho
Kagawa
Gotze
Sahin
Hummels
Pulisic
Aubameyang won a golden boot and made the PFA team of the year. Can't really see any way he could be deemed a failure.

Oranges038

Aubameyang won a golden boot and made the PFA team of the year. Can't really see any way he could be deemed a failure.
Shared it, he had 2 good seasons at Arsenal and has since been run out of 3 clubs.

I'd call that being a failure.

The_Midfielder

Haaland
Lewandowski
Gundogan
Isak ???

Dembele
Abuameyang
Mikhtaryan
Sancho
Kagawa
Gotze
Sahin
Hummels
Pulisic
Hummels has been a success.

Kellyiom

Haaland
Lewandowski
Gundogan
Isak ???

Dembele
Abuameyang
Mikhtaryan
Sancho
Kagawa
Gotze
Sahin
Hummels
Pulisic
And on a connected theme, we acknowledge our recruitment has been pretty weak for a while now.

But for all the players we've sold over the last decade, how many have shown an upsurge in performance, back to their 'pre United' career levels?

I don't know what that implies to be honest, whether we're hiring the wrong type of player, putting them into unfamiliar strategies?

RedUnited86

Imagine being so backed and supported by your manager that he's willing to send you off for 6 weeks during the busiest part of the season in order for you to get yourself right, only to undermine him and show yourself to be the lazy dickhead everyone suspected anyway.

Get him out in January to any one that'll take him.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'

Haaland
Lewandowski
Gundogan
Isak ???

Dembele
Abuameyang
Mikhtaryan
Sancho
Kagawa
Gotze
Sahin
Hummels
Pulisic
Was Hummels a failure? I mean he left for Bayern and won a few trophies within a few years. That’s probably a success for him. And Isak wasn’t all that at Dortmund, he started shining at Sociedad.

Kellyiom

Imagine being so backed and supported by your manager that he's willing to send you off for 6 weeks during the busiest part of the season in order for you to get yourself right, only to undermine him and show yourself to be the lazy dickhead everyone suspected anyway.

'fraid so. It's been a bit harsh on here sometimes in the pre-Sancho past where "stealing a living" has been used but this case is a pretty good example.

I thought the mid-season off-site training was exceptional to start with and his performance gave encouragement and EtH certainly looked like he was being positive and pleased. I don't think EtH is one for play acting or mind games to be honest.

It didn't take long for regression to occur and I was particularly surprised at his inability to improve his sprint speed and stamina at such a young age. Even now, he only lasts about 60 to 70 minutes, no player can afford to drop fitness standards in this league.

It would be great if there had been some conditions in place whereby he has to attain and maintain prescribed levels or else treated as an act of gross misconduct, exit, no payout.

In the real world though, he's surely never playing for us again?!

Oranges038

Was Hummels a failure? I mean he left for Bayern and won a few trophies within a few years. That’s probably a success for him. And Isak wasn’t all that at Dortmund, he started shining at Sociedad.
Isak was tipped to be successful.

Hummels won a few trophies at Bayern, so has Chupo Moting. Doesn't mean he was a roaring success.

He apparently left because of the pressure to win and because he didn't feel any joy in winning there all the time. But I think also Boateng and Sule had become the preferred options at centre back.

Oranges038

And on a connected theme, we acknowledge our recruitment has been pretty weak for a while now.

But for all the players we've sold over the last decade, how many have shown an upsurge in performance, back to their 'pre United' career levels?

I don't know what that implies to be honest, whether we're hiring the wrong type of player, putting them into unfamiliar strategies?
Hiring the wrong type of player, paying them too much money and not having any standards for them to maintain.

Shinjch

Time for Murtough to start earning his money and get Sancho to a new club for a half decent fee. I won't be holding my breath though.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Time for Murtough to start earning his money and get Sancho to a new club for a half decent fee. I won't be holding my breath though.
He isn’t even able to sell VDB and McTominay. Let’s keep it realistic and hope he doesn’t offer him a new contract.

Kellyiom

Hiring the wrong type of player, paying them too much money and not having any standards for them to maintain.
I'm with you on that. When planes crash investigators use the "Swiss Cheese" model where the hole in each slice is redistributed. Early modern jets didn't have from the outside and its saved thousands of lives.

I used to be a bond trader and a portfolio manager and it was essential to understand and manage the risk as well as the return.

What is scary is we seem to have forgotten all about risk.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't think any of the others you mentioned there are as bad as Sancho tbh.

He's on Sanchez, Di Maria level of bad.
Di Maria had good number of assists for us so not good to include him in this shower of shit pool of players. He was a rat though.

Skills

Snitch
Anyone remember how badly we'd let down Solskjaer by not paying £100m for him in summer 2020? Fun times.

Meep

100% support this message. Im so sick and tired of spoiled overpaid children.

Shinjch

He isn’t even able to sell VDB and McTominay. Let’s keep it realistic and hope he doesn’t offer him a new contract.
Fair shout, thought I was being kind saying "half-decent fee" but you are right. It's more likely he gets a new contract than us getting any sort of fee for him with how our operation is ran.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
He's a spoiled kid.

He needs to think about his carrer now.

Whether he goes back to a lower club and plays week in week out, like Zaha, or leaves the country and hope for a club that will make him his star.

To be honest, if a club comes with a 40-50M i'd sell him this Jan, otherwise, I'd loan him abroad.

lsd

The Oracle
Sancho was great before he joined us and will be great when he leaves.

Once again the problem is us and mismanaging players

El Zoido

How did you come to that conclusion? He’s had disciplinary issues his whole career. He got in trouble numerous times at Dortmund for poor timekeeping. He wasn’t “great” either, he was productive in a weaker league with far less pressure. He’s never done anything to suggest he’s great and will never be great at a high profile club if he can’t manage his time and put the work in.

HookedOnAPhelan

How many of the players who have left us post SAF have gone on to greater things? Di Maria is arguably the only one, but we didn't sell him because he wasn't good enough, he was excellent until his relationship with van Gaal broke down and the home invasion stuff that led to his family wanting to leave.

Born2Lose

I'm sure there'll be a massive queue of top clubs as there was when we signed him on a discount.

lsd

The Oracle
How many of the players who have left us post SAF have gone on to greater things? Di Maria is arguably the only one, but we didn't sell him because he wasn't good enough, he was excellent until his relationship with van Gaal broke down and the home invasion stuff that led to his family wanting to leave.

This has nothing to do with Fergie at all.

I've no doubt Fergie would have gotten the best out of Sancho. Erik has never fancied him and makes that clear.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

Yes, we should have appointed an alarm manager and breakfast manager for Sancho. It was that simple.