g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
BBC website has him on their homepage! WTF?!? Me thinks they’re in the windup!
A few weeks ago, the headline article on BBC Sport was an opinion piece by Chris Sutton laying into us. They've been on the wind-up for a while because they know it drives clicks.

Hughes35

Glad he's getting some publicity as it makes it more likely we sell.

I wouldn't be amazed if a new manager gives him another season though.

TsuWave

BBC website has him on their homepage! WTF?!? Me thinks they’re in the windup!
Why would it be a wind-up? They're going to cover sport/football/CL and he had a good performance - are they supposed to hide him to not trigger disgruntled United fans?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
His first half was just ok, not too different to a decent Sancho game while he was here. The second half though, he turned it on and looked like the player we signed for £73m. There no doubt that if he could replicate such performances for us he’d easily be our best attacker.

It wasn’t hype, he was the best player on the pitch on the night with some great attackers. The thing that was most surprising was how confident he was in himself to make things happpen. There was none of the timid shite he showed with us he was stepping up and taking responsibility on the ball.
He played very well. The first half was a little mixed. He showed an eagerness to get involved and had a few nice moments but he was also a bit sloppy in possession.

He was brilliant in the 2nd half though and was quite clearly the best performance of any attacker yesterday.
Naah. Legit looked good. Could have one or more assist easily. He doesn't have top speed but extremely good in tight spaces. Bvb knows how to use him which is a player is always available for passing games.
It was probably his best game since his return to Dortmund. This performance is rightfully claimed.

And also the number of completed dribbles apparently was the highest in a CL semifinal since Messi in 2008, so that's a special stat anyway.
Thanks. Good to see him doing well at biggest stage. Should help us in one way or the other, either more clubs will be in for him or we will have Sancho with good run of games and form.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why would it be a wind-up? They're going to cover sport/football/CL and he had a good performance - are they supposed to hide him to not trigger disgruntled United fans?
Honestly the amount of salt in here.... People really stubborn and bitter

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I’d have liked to see him do it in a United shirt but I could count on one hand how many times he dribbled past a defender.

Too slow, weak and mentally fragile for the premier league.
He's not suited to the football we've played under ETH and Solskjaer. I said this when we signed him, even though I wanted him. Grealish would have been better at United and Sancho at City.

Also, too slow and weak, but can do it against Barcelona, Bayern, PSG? He can give athletic players like Davies and Nunes the run around, but put him in Manchester against some lesser players and suddenly his feet just stop working? There's more to it than that. Mentally fragile, possibly. But again, the environment has been shite here for years, no wonder so many promising players sink here.

Yakuza_devils

I can't believe there are so much negativity here. Sancho has performed very well in a CL semi final. He was exciting to watch and the best attacker on the pitch by far. A certain Mbappe was on the field too.

This is the player we paid big money for but never arrived. Unless we have a plan how to use him it's better he remains at Dortmund. There is no doubt that he is very talented.

We may lose a very talented player on the cheap but it's for the good for all parties.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Should be rehabilitated back into the club once ETH is gone.

spiriticon

He's just not a Man Utd player. To say he has outdone all our wingers is a bit of a stretch, considering what Garnacho has done.

At the end of the day, United will always get more out of Garnacho/Ronaldo type players than Sancho/Mata types. It's just what we do.

lsd

The Oracle
Some really salty comments here :lol: pretending they are glad he played well so we can get a good price when the truth is they would rather he played rubbish so they can insult him again.

Facts are him playing well elsewhere just leads to one conclusion it's not the player that's the problem it's the manager

Blood Mage

I keep saying this, but these players aren't enjoying football at United. None of them, for years now. You won't get the best out of anyone unless you create the right environment. The only time we've had it was a brief 5 or 6 game bounce when Ole came in and the mood around the place changed. Other than that it's a soul destroying place for players.

And obviously it doesn't come as a surprise that he's put in a performance like this on the big stage, given his clear talent, he's done it before. Usually at Dortmund, even against better teams than PSG.
Playing for United carries a lot of weight and only mentally tough players tend to make it here. Maybe that will change if we remain crap for a few more years and everyone forgets that we were a massive club.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Some really salty comments here :lol: pretending they are glad he played well so we can get a good price when the truth is they would rather he played rubbish so they can insult him again.

Facts are him playing well elsewhere just leads to one conclusion it's not the player that's the problem it's the manager
Well that isn’t true now is it?

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.

I don't need Sancho to tell me ETH needs to go.

I'm glad he can raise his value, because ultimately after what he did there is no way he should be allowed to play for this club again.

honirelandboy

He might be back when ETH is gone in the Summer. If we get rid of Rashford and have Greenwood and Sancho back our attack will look much better and we can concentrate on strengthening the midfield in the summer with a long term partner for Mainoo.

Yakuza_devils

If we have a capable manager who knows how to use him he should be back. What a player! Remember there was a time that everyone at the club was so excited that he was signing for us. We chased him for 2 years.

ZainCRse7en

ETH mismanaged him. Would let hm start on a clean slate under the new manager. World class players and talent don't just turn to shit suddenly. We need to provide him the right environment for him to flourish.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
ETH mismanaged him. Would let hm start on a clean slate under the new manager. World class players and talent don't just turn to shit suddenly. We need to provide him the right environment for him to flourish.
Ole too? Maybe he just isn't suited to the league. If you're good enough you'll show it on the pitch even if you are mismanaged*.

*This same manager gave him 6 months off mid season to sort his head out.

ItDoesntEvenMata

I'd bring him back if possible under a new manager and give him a chance.

When you look at the stats, he played under 50 matches worth of minutes for us and scored 12 goals and got 6 assists whilst being admittedly out of form and confidence. It's actually not a bad return considering we know how much higher his ceiling could be

Unam333

If we have a capable manager who knows how to use him he should be back. What a player! Remember there was a time that everyone at the club was so excited that he was signing for us. We chased him for 2 years.
He played really well, but that doesn't mean we should keep him next season. We all saw him play for United and it's not working out for him.

ZainCRse7en

Ole too? Maybe he just isn't suited to the league. If you're good enough you'll show it on the pitch even if you are mismanaged*.

*This same manager gave him 6 months off mid season to sort his head out.
Look, I love Ole but let's be honest here - He is nowhere near the levels of an Elite manager. Sancho has had to put up with Ole, RR and a fraud of a manger in ETH. Give him a chance. Had he been managed by Klopp, Pep or even Arteta, do you honestly believe he would still be considered a flop in this league?

Yakuza_devils

He played really well, but that doesn't mean we should keep him next season. We all saw him play for United and it's not working out for him.
Agree. There is a world class talent there. If we don't have the manager that know how to use him or he is not suited in PL then he should move. Seeing him playing for Dortmund is unbelievable. It was a totally different player. He was confident, play with a swagger, dribbles, passes were unbelievable.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Look, I love Ole but let's be honest here - He is nowhere near the levels of an Elite manager. Sancho has had to put up with Ole, RR and a fraud of a manger in ETH. Give him a chance. Had he been managed by Klopp, Pep or even Arteta, do you honestly believe he would still be considered a flop in this league?
No but he's also exposed himself as a weak-willed player who can't hack it when the going gets tough. It's not what we need, and he showed massive disrespect to the club by being happy to sit and play FIFA for 6 months of his career instead of helping the team, all over a petty disagreement.

Shinjch

I really don't think there is a chance that Pep would put up with him. Don't really know enough about how the other two you mentioned operate, but I would have thought they would want a lot more professionalism from him too.

AB_89

It's a tricky one with Sancho because he clearly has the talent and the tools to be a great player at the highest level. However, through a combination of himself, the club and different managers it hasn't worked out so far with United. Evidently he wasn't fit which Ten Hag tried to address by sending him for individual training in the Netherlands away from the media. So there was effort from his side to get him back to the player we signed.

Whatever happened with the falling out between him and Ten Hag we won't know and since going to Dortmund he has had that "I'll show you attitude". By all accounts, again he wasn't fit when he re-joined Dortmund and it has taken him quite a while to get back up to speed and been quite inconsistent with his performances. He's now showing that talent again and it's good to see for him personally. Whether or not the media would be raving about him if he didn't have the United connection is another story. I don't see much in the media about Füllkrug and he had an amazing game.

It looks from the outside like Sancho struggles with the professional side of the game, training hard day in and day out, adhering to the standards set out for the team, respecting tactics etc if he gets that right then he will be a formidable player for any team.

Hopefully we can either sell him for a decent price or get him firing consistently in a United shirt. let's watch this space!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Would have been nice to have a few more of those performances in a United shirt. Confidence player. Fair play to Terzic, he knows how to get the best out of him.

Shinjch

Is there a performance video of him from last night available? I just don't trust so many of the stats that have been brought up at this stage.

Tibs

If we got a bid of £40m for him this summer, we'd take it??

spiriticon

The problem is that we need a system to play system players. We don't have a system and ETH has no will to implement one at this time.

If Potter becomes our manager, Sancho might have a chance. Otherwise, sell. We don't have the luxury of a 350k a week player not knowing his role, when we are penny pinching in all other areas of the club.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
Issue is his attitude, been the problem wherever he went and we dont need the off field drama, we have had out fair share of it over the last few years since Fergie left.
His form with Dortmund is hit and miss, his form has picked up the last couple of games but is not consistent enough.
Wait for him to have a run of games where he plays the same way he played last night before calling him world class, even then I dont think he will ever reach the level of world class.

As for him coming back, I hope he does return, he can clear his locker and move on elsewhere as hes not the type of player we need at the club.

Swedish_Plumber

Happy to take a bit of the BBC ‘what if’ articles etc of it means we get a bit more for him this summer.

The guy clearly doesn’t have the mentality for a club like United so we’ll never see that level of performance here.

TrailMonkey

He might be back when ETH is gone in the Summer. If we get rid of Rashford and have Greenwood and Sancho back our attack will look much better and we can concentrate on strengthening the midfield in the summer with a long term partner for Mainoo.
ETH gone? Probably
Rashford sold? Can see this happening only if they get the right money and he agrees to go, ie I'm not sure he's got the mojo to make a go at it overseas
Greenwood back? Really don't see this happening
Sancho back? I think it's going to be hard to sell him on for decent money and he agrees to a wage cut - hopefully we don't agree to compensate him for 'loss of earnings'

mctrials23

Funny how a single game where he looked world class and magically he is amazing and its United that mis-managed him and he is wonderful 100% of the time. If he was anonymous yesterday, no one would be writing "what happened to Sancho, hes been so amazing since going back to Dortmund".

Its just the standard "we can write about someone associated with United and get loads of rage engagement".

He played brilliantly last night. Was a joy to watch. I'm sure most of us wish he could play like that for us. He can't. He didn't and he won't in all likelihood no matter who the manager is. He had loads of time and space last night to operate and he thrived. He didn't get that at United and in the PL and he struggled, and he doesn't like to struggle.

We need to be careful about bringing him back under a new manager because we have had this issue for years now. "Maybe the next manager will get the most out of X" and suddenly we have had a player at the club 5 years, given them a bumper new contract and are stuck with them for the next few years with zero resale value.

adkb

No clean slate for him. I am sorry. ETH has not mismanaged him. ETH commented on his effort in practice, which honestly if he game play was to go by then it was but obvious that he must be jerking around most of the time. Instead of putting his head down and putting in the effort this boy was playing FIFA and disrespecting the manager and the team.

Feck him. I do not care if they fire ETH, but this bad apple needs to go to.

adkb

Funny how a single game where he looked world class and magically he is amazing and its United that mis-managed him and he is wonderful 100% of the time. If he was anonymous yesterday, no one would be writing "what happened to Sancho, hes been so amazing since going back to Dortmund".

Its just the standard "we can write about someone associated with United and get loads of rage engagement".

He played brilliantly last night. Was a joy to watch. I'm sure most of us wish he could play like that for us. He can't. He didn't and he won't in all likelihood no matter who the manager is. He had loads of time and space last night to operate and he thrived. He didn't get that at United and in the PL and he struggled, and he doesn't like to struggle.

We need to be careful about bringing him back under a new manager because we have had this issue for years now. "Maybe the next manager will get the most out of X" and suddenly we have had a player at the club 5 years, given them a bumper new contract and are stuck with them for the next few years with zero resale value.
Absolutely agree.

One good game and ETH mismanaged him. I hate the caf sometimes.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Bringing back a redcafe classic for some of the disgruntled whingers...