Jadon Sancho Borussia Dortmund loan watch (Has ended ten Hag)

E-mal

Hope he gets a good run in UCL and we get some money for him, that’s my prayer.
None of our players deserve to be on what we pay them, even Casemiro and Varane, all of them stealing a living

KeanoMagicHat

Will be like a new signing when Ten Hag gets sacked at the end of the season. Been a good loan for him.

SER19

Didn't watch most of the game, but the commentators were very complimentary when he was subbed off.
he looked pretty much the exact same as he did almost every time he played for us. People get carried away with the story of a 'comeback', which this certainly isnt. Absolutely nothing Ive seen tells me we should do anything but sell him asap

the_cliff

His performance would have been positive if he was a 10 million young talent, making his first steps in big football.

however he costs a fortune and earns millions each month. Getting paid like a super footballer.
He is not.
This is the main point people fail to make. People see him at Dortmund, 1 goal in 10 games, some decent performances and suddenly he's being judged as a young upcoming talent not an 80 mill pound superstar on 300k a week.

The same performances he gets ratings for Dortmund he'd get massacred here, the expectations aren't the same. Judge him how you would if he played here.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He is far from the player he used to be for Dortmund, but of course he also used to play alongside Bellingham and Haaland, which should make many attacking players look better individually as well.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He had a good game against bayern last week, giving Davies a tough time and looking full of confidence. He can do it at the top level, we already know that. But I think this environment under ETH and recent managers has been detrimental to our players. You can tell they don't enjoy playing football. Compare that to how it is at Dortmund and it's obviously a better environment to perform in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He had a good game against bayern last week, giving Davies a tough time and looking full of confidence. He can do it at the top level, we already know that. But I think this environment under ETH and recent managers has been detrimental to our players. You can tell they don't enjoy playing football. Compare that to how it is at Dortmund and it's obviously a better environment to perform in.
Ah the Pogba syndrome - "he played well in a top game this one time so he must be able to cut it consistently"

Mike Smalling

How do we know this exactly?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
How do we know this exactly?
Because we've seen it at Dortmund. He's even done it for us on occasion. But at Dortmund I've seen him play well against the likes of Bayern, Barcelona in the CL. He 100% has the ability, the guy we saw mostly at United is a shadow of the player he can be. There's something inherently wrong at United.

Mike Smalling

Because we've seen it at Dortmund. He's even done it for us on occasion. But at Dortmund I've seen him play well against the likes of Bayern, Barcelona in the CL. He 100% has the ability, the guy we saw mostly at United is a shadow of the player he can be. There's something inherently wrong at United.
The Bundesliga isn't the highest level, and the odd performance against big teams doesn't prove anything either. He had two full seasons at United to show what he can do in the Premier League, and it wasn't much.

Of course, he'd look better in a team that isn't as dysfunctional as Man Utd, but time and again he showed a lack of physicality, intensity, desire, etc. We need to get rid of him.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think you see in every game what he's capable of. He had two excellent plays yesterday as well, one for the 2:0 and one excellent passing/dribbling sequence between the lines before the 1:0 that led to a big chance of I believe Sabitzer. Terzic needs to stop playing him on the right and start him on the left. The scorers still won't really come and he's more erratic than he used to be but you can definitely see that the same player is still in there. Would be great for Dortmund and the Bundesliga if they could make the transfer happen. Going back to United probably would be the worst outcome for all parties involved.

Rake

The Bundesliga isn't the highest level, and the odd performance against big teams doesn't prove anything either. He had two full seasons at United to show what he can do in the Premier League, and it wasn't much.

Of course, he'd look better in a team that isn't as dysfunctional as Man Utd, but time and again he showed a lack of physicality, intensity, desire, etc. We need to get rid of him.
He isn't worth the trouble. We'll have to constantly pamper him so he doesn't flip again. All the while hoping for something we've seen only glimpses of for the past 3 years. Not to mention he should be made an example of. Now more than ever it is important for players to show restraint when expressing internal matters externally. They put the club and themselves in a tough position that the media just multiplies things. Even one effin emoji is being discussed for weeks.

Hope he scores and assists a few more so some misguided club takes him off our hands for a somewhat decent amount.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I think you see in every game what he's capable of. He had two excellent plays yesterday as well, one for the 2:0 and one excellent passing/dribbling sequence between the lines before the 1:0 that led to a big chance of I believe Sabitzer. Terzic needs to stop playing him on the right and start him on the left. The scorers still won't really come and he's more erratic than he used to be but you can definitely see that the same player is still in there. Would be great for Dortmund and the Bundesliga if they could make the transfer happen. Going back to United probably would be the worst outcome for all parties involved.
Agree - he's not at the right level for the Prem but he will probably be ok if he stays in the Bundesliga.

Oranges038

It's all excuses, people watching the games the could see he wasn't trying half the time. Even if you're shit fans will at least appreciate someone who works hard even if they aren't good enough. Good players with a top mentality go out for every game like they have to prove they are good enough to be where they are.

He neither worked hard or was good enough, I think players like him feel like they only need to play well when they have a point to prove. So maybe his slight up turn with Dortmund has something to do with that.

I really don't care what he does at Dortmund, he took the piss at Utd and shouldn't be allowed back in the door when his loan ends.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I've certainly not seen a big change since he went back there, he's just in a more well functioning team. I don't think any new manager should be fooled into thinking he'd be any different if he came back.

Judas

Open to offers
The level he's showing at Dortmund could easily be rediscovered here under a new manager, but it's not that incredible or blistering is it? A squad option, but to me he probably doesn't even deserve that right after how he went about his business. No matter how shite Ten Hag has done this season, I don't think he did anything wrong when it comes to how he handled this lad.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
1 goal in 10 games and people are saying it's a good loan, his form had been about the same it was under EtH and Ole
The thing is that Sancho plays for Dortmund instead of either brain dead idiots or permanently injured players. He gives their team a reliable passing option in the front area and that's enough to improve them. Which to be honest tells you more about current Dortmund than about Sancho, but it's still the truth.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
The thing is that Sancho plays for Dortmund instead of either brain dead idiots or permanently injured players. He gives their team a reliable passing option in the front area and that's enough to improve them. Which to be honest tells you more about current Dortmund than about Sancho, but it's still the truth.
I think that's selling Sancho short a bit. In every game, he has great plays with which he beats players or breaks multiple lines. I think he still have to find a better balance in his decision making and he's not getting into enough goal scoring opportunities but his ball progression is still elite which IMO is more important than collecting scorers. It's illustrated quite well by the 2:0 against Atletico. It was Sancho who played the line breaking pass from a more or less unthreatening situation. Won't get noticed because it doesn't show up in one of the frequently used statistics but without that pass, Dortmund wouldn't have gone through.

iHicksy

What you Sancho fans fail to realize is that playing in a low pressure league against inferior quality is such a different beast to United. Put aside my comments about differences in quality of the league. Sancho has proven his mentality isn't up to playing for us, and there's no shame in that. Many players have walked through these doors, some vastly more talented than Sancho and wilted under the pressure.

When you play for United, you have an intense amount of public pressure from the press (skysports) from social media and a hundred other sources - your entire life changes and is under intense scrutiny both internally and externally. Sancho could play really well for Dortmund but he'll never have the mentality required to play for this club and perform on a regular basis. Hell he hasn't even set the league alight in Germany playing for one of the best teams in the league. He's been "ok" - which for us just isn't the standard required, especially not for a guy on 250k+ a week who was priced at 100million talent wise.

The reason we have the likes of Martial on our books is because we refuse to cut our loses and hold this sentimentality for any player we sign - even if they show a lack of effort, if you want another 10 years of failure then by all means keep fighting his corner, but he's the type of player we tend to hold onto too long despite not being up to it.

RuudTom83

Hopefully some good press and a few edits on YouTube can encourage some clubs to make a half-decent bid for him in the summer.

Fingers crossed he has a good game in the semi-final to add a few more million.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
What you Sancho fans fail to realize is that playing in a low pressure league against inferior quality is such a different beast to United. Put aside my comments about differences in quality of the league. Sancho has proven his mentality isn't up to playing for us, and there's no shame in that. Many players have walked through these doors, some vastly more talented than Sancho and wilted under the pressure.

When you play for United, you have an intense amount of public pressure from the press (skysports) from social media and a hundred other sources - your entire life changes and is under intense scrutiny both internally and externally. Sancho could play really well for Dortmund but he'll never have the mentality required to play for this club and perform on a regular basis. Hell he hasn't even set the league alight in Germany playing for one of the best teams in the league. He's been "ok" - which for us just isn't the standard required, especially not for a guy on 250k+ a week who was priced at 100million talent wise.

The reason we have the likes of Martial on our books is because we refuse to cut our loses and hold this sentimentality for any player we sign - even if they show a lack of effort, if you want another 10 years of failure then by all means keep fighting his corner, but he's the type of player we tend to hold onto too long despite not being up to it.
Couldn't disagree more to be honest. With a few exceptions, United right now is simply a terrible environment for young players and brings out the worst in them. I also think Sancho was better for you than people gibe him credit for, he was just not the "engage your fullback and whip it in" type of winger people love to see in the EPL

iHicksy

Couldn't disagree more to be honest. With a few exceptions, United right now is simply a terrible environment for young players and brings out the worst in them. I also think Sancho was better for you than people gibe him credit for, he was just not the "engage your fullback and whip it in" type of winger people love to see in the EPL
You couldn't be more wrong about that re young players really.

Garnacho
Mainoo
Hojlund
Diallo
Kambwala

All coming through and flourishing. Infact our young players have been the stand out players in the team so your comment above is ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I like sancho's skillset and i was a big fan of his - and as you say he's not that type of winger. But I never questioned his skill set, it's his mentality that isn't right for a club of United's pressure, which is even more so when they club is trying to get back to the top.

The only exception here is Sancho (who's 24 so hardly that young in football terms).

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
He's a meteoric superstar on the rise, a generational talent not to be missed out on. Please buy him someone.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Pressure? At United? Where fans take ages to turn against shit players and think it's makes you unworthy to be a fan if you whistle against a player? Where you are apparently mostly happy with just accepting failure seasons like the current one? Where as you mention the club just keeps players forever, no matter if they will ever be useful again? I'd argue there are few lower pressure clubs than United in world football. At United you just have to be there to have made it in regard to financial success and popularity. At every other club in a big league demands more of a player to prove himself.

When I have a look at a lot of Dortmund fans, they are more critical of Terzic than the Caf is on EtH at the moment for example. Look at how both teams are doing this season.

flameinthesun

1) Has a proven track record in the prem of not being able to take someone on 1 v 1, not being able to dominate a game and not be a leader.

2) No player who so clearly disrespected a manager at united should ever be allowed to play for the club again. Even if he wins the ballon d'or in the future the right decision will always be to get rid.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You couldn't be more wrong really.

Garnacho
Mainoo
Hojlund
Diallo
Kambwala

All coming through and flourishing. Infact our young players have been the stand out players in the team so your comment above is ridiculous.

The only exception here is Sancho (who's 24 so hardly that young in football terms).
Sancho is 24 now. He was 21 when he joined you. Quick research, these are your U23 transfers in the last 10 years: Hojlund, Sancho, Antony, Malacia, van de Beek, Diallo, Pellistri, Wan-Bissaka, James, Dalot, Bailly, Martial, Depay, Shaw for a combined sum of ~€570m. It is also quite telling that you name Hojlund (€74m, 200 minutes per goal this season) and Diallo (played 140 minutes this season) as examples.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Reading the opinions on players like Sancho in here, it is actually not surprising Ten Hag decided to ditch his Ajax playstyle for something transition oriented. The fans would likely never accept anything else. People in here would take Adama Traore over Bernardo Silva, it seems. 11 years since Ferguson retired and seemingly the club still hasn't moved on

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Reading the opinions on players like Sancho in here, it is actually not surprising Ten Hag decided to ditch his Ajax playstyle for something transition oriented. The fans would likely never accept anything else. People in here would take Adama Traore over Bernardo Silva, it seems. 11 years since Ferguson retired and seemingly the club still hasn't moved on
The sad thing about that statement is that it's very likely that SAF himself would have moved on if he would still be managing, considering how well he always adapted to the general changes in football.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's so much clear that who watches football and who just throws some outdated random shit.

roonster09

Scout
Pressure? At United? Where fans take ages to turn against shit players and think it's makes you unworthy to be a fan if you whistle against a player? Where you are apparently mostly happy with just accepting failure seasons like the current one? Where as you mention the club just keeps players forever, no matter if they will ever be useful again? I'd argue there are few lower pressure clubs than United in world football. At United you just have to be there to have made it in regard to financial success and popularity. At every other club in a big league demands more of a player to prove himself.

When I have a look at a lot of Dortmund fans, they are more critical of Terzic than the Caf is on EtH at the moment for example. Look at how both teams are doing this season.
:lol:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
outdated random shit.
That's the most accurate description of United's current brand of football I've read in here ;)

The sad thing about that statement is that it's very likely that SAF himself would have moved on if he would still be managing, considering how well he always adapted to the general changes in football.
Maybe. But he was 70 years old at the time of his retirement, it was perfectly fine that he was a bit outdated after 30+ years at the top. Takes nothing away from his legacy that the brand of football he stood for wasn't competitive anymore at the highest level. Nowadays it is all about controlling games, dominating the ball and patiently creating goal scoring situations yet it seems the club and its fans don't want to see that.

Handré1990

That's the most accurate description of United's current brand of football I've read in here ;)

Maybe. But he was 70 years old at the time of his retirement, it was perfectly fine that he was a bit outdated after 30+ years at the top. Takes nothing away from his legacy that the brand of football he stood for wasn't competitive anymore at the highest level. Nowadays it is all about controlling games, dominating the ball and patiently creating goal scoring situations yet it seems the club and its fans don't want to see that.
You’ll get more luck acting like a complete self-righteous pr** elsewhere than a United forum:) Sir Alex Ferguson, to you, won the PL in his last season. Outdated:lol:

iHicksy

Sancho is 24 now. He was 21 when he joined you. Quick research, these are your U23 transfers in the last 10 years: Hojlund, Sancho, Antony, Malacia, van de Beek, Diallo, Pellistri, Wan-Bissaka, James, Dalot, Bailly, Martial, Depay, Shaw for a combined sum of ~€570m. It is also quite telling that you name Hojlund (€74m, 200 minutes per goal this season) and Diallo (played 140 minutes this season) as examples.
I mean if you're going to dredge up 10 years worth of transfers from several different regimes to try and shoehorn it into a point that the current United team is toxic for youth players then that kind of says everything.

In the end your opinion doesn't really mean much, you don't support the club you likely don't watch all of, if any of our games. Because you woudn't be talking shit about Hojlund if you had. He's been absolutely fantastic for us. I'm not going through the list of supposedly youth players above because your point has lost all credibility when you're talking about players that were signed and sold before ETH even joined the club but somehow being used as a stick to say his setup his toxic to youth.

The fact is the current setup at United is great for young players to flourish - you only have to look at our first team to see that. Dredging up some overall net spend on youth players in the last 10 years - which has absolutely nothing to do with our current coaching staff and there ability to develop youth and then not actually making any point with it other than for some weird reason picking out two of the best in Hoilund and Diallo really shows you don't have a clue as to what you speak of.

roonster09

Scout
You’ll get more luck acting like a complete self-righteous pr** elsewhere than a United forum:) Sir Alex Ferguson, to you, won the PL in his last season. Outdated:lol:
He is just clueless, just posts random nonsense. He doesn't even watch games but offers his "expert" opinion.

Abizzz

I mean if you're going to dredge up 10 years worth of transfers from several different regimes to try and shoehorn it into a point that the current United team is toxic for youth players then that kind of says everything.

In the end your opinion doesn't really mean much, you don't support the club you likely don't watch all of, if any of our games. Because you woudn't be talking shit about Hojlund if you had. He's been absolutely fantastic for us. I'm not going through the list of supposedly youth players above because your point has lost all credibility when you're talking about players that were signed and sold before ETH even joined the club but somehow being used as a stick to say his setup his toxic to youth.

The fact is the current setup at United is great for young players to flourish - you only have to look at our first team to see that. Dredging up some overall net spend on youth players in the last 10 years - which has absolutely nothing to do with our current coaching staff and there ability to develop youth and then not actually making any point with it other than for some weird reason picking out two of the best in Hoilund and Diallo really shows you don't have a clue as to what you speak of.
That is a very bold statement. We're hovering around a negative goal difference 3/4 into the fecking season. Anyone who takes pride or hope from the current setup, god help 'em.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Agree - he's not at the right level for the Prem but he will probably be ok if he stays in the Bundesliga.
That's the funny thing about the clips I've seen of him playing back at Dortmund this season: he looks exactly the same as he did here! Same movements, same patterns of play etc.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

Can you list 5 positive transfers United have made in the last 10yrs. Players you will say this was a great transfer, I am sure in the last 10yrs you will hav signed about 50players. So enough sample size to choose from

The culture of scapegoating players has not yielded anything. Maybe the problem isn't Sancho Pogba DvB, Ronaldo, Mata, Martial, DeGea Maguire etc

I saw a list up there and all were young players who are playing their first season as evidence of good environment, How about we wait to see if they are the next Malacia, McTominay or any of those youngsters who had a decent first season and just tanked afterwards