2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

lex talionis

I'm not sure how I feel about this as the loan move to Dortmund seems to only benefit Sancho.

I get the argument that a good performance from him in Germany will help retain his transfer value but I think the chances of him being reintegrated into our squad without an apology are slim to none.

If we want to set an example to other players then he should continue to rot in the reserves.
I agree with you that rotting with reserves is what Sancho deserves, but looking at the long term strategy the INEOS crowd are charting it seems highly likely if not nailed on that ETH will be sacked at the end of the season. And once he’s sacked it’s a clean slate with the new manager. When you think about our current options at RW no matter who the manager is the conclusion that Antony is shit is inescapable. Pellistri, nope. I like Amad and hopefully we’ll see what he’s got in the second half of the season but he may not have it. If Sancho lights it up with Dortmund again INEOS will want him back.

Ronaldo's Love Child

I agree with you that rotting with reserves is what Sancho deserves, but looking at the long term strategy the INEOS crowd are charting it seems highly likely if not nailed on that ETH will be sacked at the end of the season. And once he’s sacked it’s a clean slate with the new manager. When you think about our current options at RW no matter who the manager is the conclusion that Antony is shit is inescapable. Pellistri, nope. I like Amad and hopefully we’ll see what he’s got in the second half of the season but he may not have it. If Sancho lights it up with Dortmund again INEOS will want him back.
But I don't honestly think Sancho is an "ETH" problem. Although his form was good at Dortmund his attitude and professionalism stunk the place out there too. He's carried that over into what should have been a dream move at United and on top of that he essentially calls his manager a liar in public.

Regardless of whether ETH is manager here next season or not Sancho should not be allowed back into the squad.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Another Dortmund failure.
Why do we continue buying players from Dortmund?

lex talionis

But I don't honestly think Sancho is an "ETH" problem. Although his form was good at Dortmund his attitude and professionalism stunk the place out there too. He's carried that over into what should have been a dream move at United and on top of that he essentially calls his manager a liar in public.

Regardless of whether ETH is manager here next season or not Sancho should not be allowed back into the squad.
I agree with you that Sancho has disgraced himself, but from the perspective of those who are running the football operation it’s not hard to see Ratcliffe sacking ten Hag and letting the new manager decide who does and does not fit into his plans.

Kingofwinners

I agree with you that Sancho has disgraced himself, but from the perspective of those who are running the football operation it’s not hard to see Ratcliffe sacking ten Hag and letting the new manager decide who does and does not fit into his plans.
There is a lot of positive feeling around the change INEOS will bring. A big part of that must be the culture. Even if Ten Hag is sacked, if INEOS allow a Sancho return without an apology we will never fix culture.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If that’s the case I’d say that we’re not moving any different under INEOS. Anyone that’s seen Sancho play can say with confidence that he’s not a right winger, he’s a left winger

lex talionis

If that’s the case I’d say that we’re not moving any different under INEOS. Anyone that’s seen Sancho play can say with confidence that he’s not a right winger, he’s a left winger
One again I agree, but we already have decent left wingers in Garnacho and Rashford, in that order. Sancho, if we can ever recover his form, actually is adept at both the left and the right.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
One again I agree, but we already have decent left wingers in Garnacho and Rashford, in that order. Sancho, if we can ever recover his form, actually is adept at both the left and the right.
I wouldn’t say it’s equal, he’s been better on the left than the right and allegedly says himself he doesn’t want to play on the right. This transfer was just a catalogue of mistakes

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

From what I have read in some German Dortmund forums their supporters would absolutely welcome him back. Some even think he would be their best player the minute he arrives as they seem to struggle despite their positive CL campaign.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Worth saying nice and early that a successful spell back in Germany doesn't mean he should be given another chance here next season. Use it to drive the fee up and get rid permanently.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
What do we do if he's still shit?
We had this with Lukaku. You'll just loan him out again to a different club hoping for a different outcome, unless there is a buyers market for him at a price level United are happy to sell at. Or there's always a chance you sack Ten Hag and the new manager wants to give Sancho another chance.

Statue of Limitations

I really thought this guy was going to be an absolute Superstar for us, hope he finds his form and comes back hungry to play better for our shirt.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
What do we do if he's still shit?
We already know because we have a pattern for that. We keep them until the end of their contract because no one will buy him, then inexplicably renew.

JogaBonitoRooney

Usually flops that go back to Dortmund don't regain their old selves - Gotze, Kagawa, Sahin. Hummels has been alright but he wasn't really a flop at Bayern anyway.

Abizzz

Usually flops that go back to Dortmund don't regain their old selves - Gotze, Kagawa, Sahin. Hummels has been alright but he wasn't really a flop at Bayern anyway.
Not only Dortmund too. Feels like whenever a player "returns" it rarely ends well. Pogba, Ronaldo...

bstb3

Due to too much xbox I fear his thumbs are locked permanently in that position.
Well if he can at least make that pose consistently we can always use him as a toiler roll holder and get some value back that way. Provided no one needs the bog early on in the day at least.

Good luck in Dortmund though Jadon. Make your self look as valuable as possible please.

buckooo1978

like Sanchez I couldn't quite believe we signed him and he didn't play on the right wing

completely ridiculous squad planning

TheGodsInRed

We had this with Lukaku. You'll just loan him out again to a different club hoping for a different outcome, unless there is a buyers market for him at a price level United are happy to sell at. Or there's always a chance you sack Ten Hag and the new manager wants to give Sancho another chance.
Lukaku did well on his first loan to Inter. They needed to sell him then though.
Hope we don't bring him back in to a new manager if he does well in Germany as he will just flop again at United.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
like Sanchez I couldn't quite believe we signed him and he didn't play on the right wing

completely ridiculous squad planning
He did get opportunities to play on the right, but he can't beat a man so had to be moved to the left so he could at least cut back and play a simple pass.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Lukaku did well on his first loan to Inter. They needed to sell him then though.
Hope we don't bring him back in to a new manager if he does well in Germany as he will just flop again at United.
To be fair, yeah. Inter were willing to pay a transfer fee that Chelsea were willing to accept. Then Lukaku nuked the entire thing by flirting with Juventus.

Tyrion

Worth saying nice and early that a successful spell back in Germany doesn't mean he should be given another chance here next season. Use it to drive the fee up and get rid permanently.
Absolutely. I have no faith this club could find anyone better but I doubt we could find anyone more disinterested.