g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Jadon Sancho image 25

Jadon Sancho England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

spiriticon

How's our beast doing? Has he stopped training yet? I hope he has the time to go for a loobreak once in a while.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Absolute nonsense. It's insane that Sancho has been told to apologise for Ten Hag publicly criticising him.

The way Ten Hag has handled this is disgraceful and in any other business he would be the one in danger of losing their job.
All ETH said was that Sancho didn't get selected because he didn't train to the level that ETH wanted in the lead up to that particular game, and we had other options (who he obviously thought trained better). He didn't go into details. He didn't say anything about it happening before. He didn't say it would be held over him in the future. He didn't say it was some kind of punishment.

It's hardly some kind of harsh criticism, and it amazes me that people try to make out that it was. If Sancho hadn't actively gone to social media and basically called the manager a liar, nobody would have even remembered it within a couple of weeks. It's not remotely in the same ball park to the kind of vindictive criticism that Mourinho regularly used.

Although the bit in bold makes it obvious you are arguing in bad faith, since that's not at all what Sancho was told to apologise for.

Even taking all that aside, the fact of the matter is there is a very very strong likelihood that Sancho truly didn't train well that week. We know that, because his training (and his professionalism in turning up to training in time) has been criticised by numerous managers, coaches and other players throughout his career. So what is his manager supposed to do? Just keep protecting the player over and over and over again? Let him set a bad example to the other players?

Hughie77

If rumours are to be believed a Swap for Raphinia from Barca In Jan..
I don't believe he's any better but at least he should be available to feature.

glasgow 21

Absolute nonsense. It's insane that Sancho has been told to apologise for Ten Hag publicly criticising him.

The way Ten Hag has handled this is disgraceful and in any other business he would be the one in danger of losing their job.
In any other business world ? really unless that business is some government woke dept Sancho would be sacked. No private business would accept damaging the company brand or not turning up to work on time. However you believe what you want.

tomaldinho1

If rumours are to be believed a Swap for Raphinia from Barca In Jan..
I don't believe he's any better but at least he should be available to feature.
This would be a great outcome. Rafinha has his flaws but he is fast, takes people on and technically very good. No doubt he'll arrive and decide he wants to play LW

Alemar

Let's avoid using that rationale from now on after signing Antony.
But this time we are not paying 90m for him, are we? It’s reportedly a swap, where we swap a player we don’t even select for training - and in exchange we get a Brazilian international. No brainer really

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

But this time we are not paying 90m for him, are we? It’s reportedly a swap, where we swap a player we don’t even select for training - and in exchange we get a Brazilian international. No brainer really
I wouldn't be against that in theory but I can't see Barca taking on his wages.

KeanoMagicHat

If Ten Hag gets sacked after we get thrashed at Liverpool it’s like a ‘new signing’. Expect Rashford to pick up a gear as well if that happens.

uwotm8

Obviously this whole situation has spiralled into disrespect and disaster. Probably beyond the point of return. But I can't help but think there has also been a massive failure of either the scouting or the manager here.

From my POV:
1. If he was signed, for big money, primarily as a left winger then it makes absolutely zero sense because Rashford was our designated LW talisman and contributed G/As consistently. An absolute scouting failure.
2. If he was signed as a right winger, I do not recall him having an extended run in the right wing position, where there is little competition in this spot. (I could be wrong). Then this is an absolute managerial failure.

We all know there is a sulking, lazy attitude inside him. But I really do think we made it worse by our squad management and planning. He's the type of kid that needs a plan and positive reinforcement; he could probably deliver the goods in the right setting.

Last edited:

Mwooyo

Here is poch calling out madueke in almost the same exact style as ETH did sancho. Patiently waiting for when he doing the sancho and releasing his own statement on social media about poch lying. How dare poch say Maudeke's training is bad.

Pundits and Tenhag outters should keep the same energy for chelsea as 4 manutd. It's time for poch to go....Unless we agree that a manager can call out a player publicly if private correction has failed.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Probably won't ever happen now, but I actually thought we looked better when he played up top as a false 9.
He'd probably start in any of the forward positions right now. But that's more to do with how bad the others are than his quality.

Bobski

Utd actually need an attacker with his qualities, someone who can get their head up and link the play, just a pity he is such a jellyfish.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Utd actually need an attacker with his qualities, someone who can get their head up and link the play, just a pity he is such a jellyfish.
Yeah weak ass bastard unfortunately. Rivaling di Maria in the cuntoff

yardieUnited

You say that as though it was a good thing? It just meant more time with Mourinho as manager and those two absolute wasters staying at the club for far longer than they would have otherwise.
when did i say or imply it was a good thing?.

Walters_19_MuFc

Yeah he actually can pass the ball, unlike Garnacho and Antony.
I think when you look at our current set of wingers, they are more runners than creators, and would benefit more from a false 9, who can bring them into play, rather than an out and out striker, who relies on service from wingers.

I look at someone like Firmino and how he played a pivotal part in the form of Salah and Mane. In my opinion, we need that type of striker, or at least a different option to what we currently have.

Whilst Sancho would most likely not be the long term answer, he'd give us something different to Hojlund.

Matt851

Here is poch calling out madueke in almost the same exact style as ETH did sancho. Patiently waiting for when he doing the sancho and releasing his own statement on social media about poch lying. How dare poch say Maudeke's training is bad.

Pundits and Tenhag outters should keep the same energy for chelsea as 4 manutd. It's time for poch to go....Unless we agree that a manager can call out a player publicly if private correction has failed.
Ten hag should go because of his abysmal tactics, coaching and results but not for sancho

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
The flop needs to leave as soon as possiblen no redemption arc like Sasuke.

He's a villain.

Let loan him out to Italy or Germany

Mwooyo

Ten hag should go because of his abysmal tactics, coaching and results but not for sancho
Before ETH goes, sancho, martial and crew need to go first. Ten hag is like the 5th problem on the list...players who down tools for whatever reason need to be let go. Rashford should also be somewhere on that list because his effort and body language in games is abysmal

marktan

Obviously this whole situation has spiralled into disrespect and disaster. Probably beyond the point of return. But I can't help but think there has also been a massive failure of either the scouting or the manager here.

From my POV:
1. If he was signed, for big money, primarily as a left winger then it makes absolutely zero sense because Rashford was our designated LW talisman and contributed G/As consistently. An absolute scouting failure.
2. If he was signed as a right winger, I do not recall him having an extended run in the right wing position, where there is little competition in this spot. (I could be wrong). Then this is an absolute managerial failure.

We all know there is a sulking, lazy attitude inside him. But I really do think we made it worse by our squad management and planning. He's the type of kid that needs a plan and positive reinforcement; he could probably deliver the goods in the right setting.
It was scouting based off of 'names' and hype by Ole and his personal scout Simon Wells, similar to us signing Wan Bissaka for £50m because he was young and English. Watching him would show he's best attribute is tackling, not what you want in a modern fullback.

With Sancho I watched him a lot at Dortmund and whilst I initially liked him, a few things stood out 1) The ridiculous amount of space Dortmund got in attack 2) The high lines / bad defences 3) Dortmund scored double the amount of goals a team like Aston Villa scored in the league that year - taken with the first two points meant Sancho was massively inflating his stats 4) When I watched him play in the CL against teams like PSG, he was poor. 5) The biggest limiting factor was his lack of acceleration, he almost never beat his man from a standing start. 6) Positives - good close control, good passing in the final third, decent shot. All of that put together with as you say him primarily being a LW, the price we paid was always going to be terrible.

Of course the blame lies with both Ole and the Glazers, because the same farce of leaving the transfers to the manager has now played out with ETH. I genuinely believe a team like Real Madrid wouldn't even pay £40m for either Sancho or Antony back then, because they actually scout players properly.

always_hoping

Not often I'd agree with Burley but he's pretty much nailed it there.
Can't stand Burley but he's spot on there.

United have had some awful unprofessional footballers playing for them over the last decade and it's saying something Sancho is without doubt the most unprofessional and he should be at home feeling embarrassed but probably not as he's too busy playing video games..

Last edited:

flameinthesun

Can't stand Burley but he's spot there.

United have had some awful unprofessional footballers playing for them over the last decade and it's saying something Sancho is without doubt the most unprofessional and he should be at home feeling embarrassed but probably not as he's too busy playing video games..
Its something a lot of his supporters are missing behind their complaints that Ten Hag shouldn't have said x, y and z. Taking out of the picture the social media post that Sancho did, he's one of the most expensive signings we've made and not only has done jack in all his time here but he also has been unprofessional whether its in his training or his lateness, add to that the lack of loyalty to a manager who let him dissappear for months when we could have used him but also his lack of loyalty to the club during this injury period where we could have used him. For me he is exactly the profile of player we should not want at the club. Whatever gets him out asap is best, whether that means releasing him, taking a cut price fee but he needs to be cut out from this team. When you see the fight of someone like Garnacho there is no need to accept the lack of fight in Sancho.

Oranges038

Can't stand Burley but he's spot there.

Large part of that is down to the make up of the squad and player mentality. Utd have signed too many overpaid players who lacked the mentality and maturity to deal with playing for a club that demands you're at your best everyday in training and for matches. There's not been enough senior experienced players within the group to keep all that check and set standards for the rest of the squad to live up to.

So these guys come in, get paid big money and think they can fart around all they like. It always shows on the pitch whether or not a player is doing their all in training every day.

Ronaldo's Love Child

All the best in Dormund Jadon

I'm not sure how I feel about this as the loan move to Dortmund seems to only benefit Sancho.

I get the argument that a good performance from him in Germany will help retain his transfer value but I think the chances of him being reintegrated into our squad without an apology are slim to none.

If we want to set an example to other players then he should continue to rot in the reserves.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Any other recent examples of such a calamitous transfer where a club overpaid for someone, the player then proceeded to implode, the buying club then proceeded to send the player back to the original club for a massive loss ? (I know this is a loan, but am guessing there will be an eventual sale).

saivet

Any other recent examples of such a calamitous transfer where a club overpaid for someone, the player then proceeded to implode, the buying club then proceeded to send the player back to the original club for a massive loss ? (I know this is a loan, but am guessing there will be an eventual sale).
Lukaku from Inter to Chelsea...back to Inter on loan the following summer.

Not as big a flop, nor was there an implosion but Griezmann between Barca and Atleti

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Lukaku from Inter to Chelsea...back to Inter on loan the following summer.

Not as big a flop, nor was there an implosion but Griezmann between Barca and Atleti
Chelsea have done it a few times over the years (loans and sales back).

Lukaku as you say, Werner and also Shevchenko went back to the clubs we bought them from.