View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

I don't mind him feeling happy and showing his class there. His problem at United isn't a lack of talent, and I even hesitate to say it's work rate. It's not being right for our needs, it's not being too suited for the league, but most of all I think it's mental pressure and competing with other top players for the position rather than being confident and comfortable, knowing you are the main man and won't be benched after a bad game. Different mentalities are needed at different clubs. If we can get back 40m or so in the summer that would be good for us, and I think Dortmund would pay it as he can basically look like a world class player for them.

Asger

I would not by surprised to see him being great for Dortmund next few months. All our attacking players have been shit under Ten Hag.

Asger

So what if he looked good in the second half today? He looked good at Dortmund plenty of times, that's why we signed him in the first place.

At United he's been shit from day 1. It's nothing to do with Ten Hag.

I swear some football fans have memories like fecking goldfish
Almost all our players have been shit under Ten Hag though.

Asger

Sancho has been disappointing before ETH though
Yeah in a season everyone was poor and he was a new player in the team in a new league. Maybe he would be good under a better manager than Ten Hag.

Marcus

Good for him. Hope he does well and increases his value so we can sell and get him off our books.

Dr. T

Wow, given about 20m radius of room around him in the box, he looked a world beater.

In 80 matches for us he looked like someone had snuck their kid into a men's sunday league game. He's absolute gash and I couldn't give a rats if we get nothing for him and he never plays for us again.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Hopefully Dortmund can continue to play teams full of chain smokers and pig farmers and Sancho can shine against competition that's more his speed. Maybe then we can sell him on and recoup some of the money we wasted on him here.
Maybe you should organise a few friendlies against Dortmund to increase his value. Against a team like you he'd probably look like Diego Maradona

The Irish Connection

He just doesn’t have the acceleration needed to beat defenders in the Premier League and he’s not direct enough.
Hope he keeps playing well for Dortmund so we can get a decent chunk back for him and fingers crossed reinvest it better.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Looks like he's picked up where he's left off. Running at players, dangerous passing into the other attackers, immaculate first touch... call him all you like but if he showed more of that here then he'd be starting easily. The million dollar question is why? Technically he's miles better than other PL wingers who thrive, so I don't even think it's the league. We're just a graveyard for players these days.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

I don't mind him feeling happy and showing his class there. His problem at United isn't a lack of talent, and I even hesitate to say it's work rate. It's not being right for our needs, it's not being too suited for the league, but most of all I think it's mental pressure and competing with other top players for the position rather than being confident and comfortable, knowing you are the main man and won't be benched after a bad game. Different mentalities are needed at different clubs. If we can get back 40m or so in the summer that would be good for us, and I think Dortmund would pay it as he can basically look like a world class player for them.
Yeh he surely looks good for them. Maybe he just doesn’t fit in our system (counter attack based transitional football with very few build ups). Hope he could keeps up with his form there so that would encourage Dortmund to pay something like 40m for him next summer. Win win situations for everyone.

mancsarered

Think all parties need to come to peace with the fact that the Bundesliga is his level. He's not suited for the Premier League. Look at what Morata is doing in La Liga right now. You can be a great player in one country, and subpar in England. We got burned by Dortmund again, but hopefully we offload him for a decent price tag and cut our losses.

r0663664

Worships Man City
It seems he has more time of the ball than in premiere league, hopefully there is a deal for him so we recover 30 million pound.

Munkehboi

I would have expected our U-18 to beat Darmstatd. Their defending is woeful before we start creaming over Sancho again. Watch the highlights and check out the defending for Dortmunds 3rd goal. More comical than genius from Moukoko. This is Sanchos level.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I can't help but wonder, how many United forwards make that run or get that finish for the goal? It came off the right, too, how many times has Antony put in that cross?

Don't get me wrong, still think his attitude was terrible here and I mostly blame only our recruiting team and Sancho for his debacle here. But there is more to his downturn in form than just the "There is space in Bundesliga" argument. Irrespective of how well he performs for Dortmund now, he had some very obvious strengths before he joined us. Why couldn't we at least get him to show that? This is is not the first time in the last few years that our footballing structure has reduced a top talent to a shadow of himself - manager or player. We are a club set up to fail.

When you have a player who is infamous for his lack of professionalism despite his talent, and a manager who's famous for discipline despite the cost in performance, they were bound to clash. We needed someone higher up to anticipate this and mediate preemptively. Or at least in the early days (which would have been last year).

This preemptive action was worth at least 40m in transfer fee, 200k in wages, and about 5-10 points in the league table. Why could we not see the value (or cost) of resolving this quickly before things got out of hand?

Tyrion

I can't help but wonder, how many United forwards make that run or get that finish for the goal? It came off the right, too, how many times has Antony put in that cross?

Don't get me wrong, still think his attitude was terrible here and I mostly blame only our recruiting team and Sancho for his debacle here. But there is more to his downturn in form than just the "There is space in Bundesliga" argument. Irrespective of how well he performs for Dortmund now, he had some very obvious strengths before he joined us. Why couldn't we at least get him to show that? This is is not the first time in the last few years that our footballing structure has reduced a top talent to a shadow of himself - manager or player. We are a club set up to fail.

When you have a player who is infamous for his lack of professionalism despite his talent, and a manager who's famous for discipline despite the cost in performance, they were bound to clash. We needed someone higher up to anticipate this and mediate preemptively. Or at least in the early days (which would have been last year).

This preemptive action was worth at least 40m in transfer fee, 200k in wages, and about 5-10 points in the league table. Why could we not see the value (or cost) of resolving this quickly before things got out of hand?
What preemptive action? Sancho performed badly and trained badly. It was eventually going to come to a head, especially as he is willing to publicly complain.

RVN1991

Yeah in a season everyone was poor and he was a new player in the team in a new league. Maybe he would be good under a better manager than Ten Hag.
Hasn't been good for England either. Looks to me like Dortmund is the only senior side where he has ever looked good.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Hopefully Dortmund can continue to play teams full of chain smokers and pig farmers and Sancho can shine against competition that's more his speed. Maybe then we can sell him on and recoup some of the money we wasted on him here.
Chain smokers is a first :lol:

Don't think Dortmund can afford to buy him this summer because of his wages, so would be interesting to see where he ends up going.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I watched the 2nd half and he looked very good. Maybe ETH is the problem, maybe he's the villain in that awkward feud against the english player and not Sancho.
If Sancho does well at BVB I'd consider to give him another chance next season (but of course Ten Hag must leave)
No doubt he’ll look good again in a league which doesn’t show him up.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
What preemptive action? Sancho performed badly and trained badly. It was eventually going to come to a head, especially as he is willing to publicly complain.
Yes, of course he did both - train and perform badly. He shouldn't have, and he certainly should have shown more faith in his manager after the support (albeit it was silent) for the months he was away. They're was no gratitude for it. He is the primary culprit.

But the club is losing a lot of transfer fee, wages, and points this season for his behavior. Could we have prevented that? Was there no way Murtaugh could have mediated to save PR for both parties?

One preemptuve action would be to talk to both parties early in, and put Sancho up for sale due to 'difference in opinions'. Both EtH and Sancho say they respect each other but have to split ways due to personal reasons. Recoup some of that fee before Sancho kicks up a fuss.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He just doesn’t have the acceleration needed to beat defenders in the Premier League and he’s not direct enough.
Hope he keeps playing well for Dortmund so we can get a decent chunk back for him and fingers crossed reinvest it better.
That has more to do with our team setup than the Premier League. At United he was expected to beat the fullback in 1on1 or even 1vs2, this is because we are poor at moving the ball quickly and don't generate space for attackers. This is why only rapid players like Rashford or Garnacho shine on the wings.

I'm sure Sancho will struggle when put against a decent fullback in Bundesliga as well, it's just not his game. We always knew he can be effective when given some space, plenty of examples of Sancho doing things at United as well.

Can Antony do this?
No, it's a difficult pass to make with a left foot.

It's interesting eth was reluctant to play Sancho on the right wing. I think it's easier to play for us on the right hand side, there's just more space to operate (for a few reasons- LW is usually double marked, Bruno tends to move there as well etc). I believe Eth didn't like the idea of right footed winger on the right. Although that is also a stretch because Bruno used to play RW regularly last season, so maybe it was just Ten Hag's preference to Antony above everything else.

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Even if the "nightmare" was completely self-inflicted? Think you'd be better going about it quietly as possible to prove you're not completely shite.
Why not 'even if'? I'm glad you're used to blindly believing everything you read but there's still a human being at the other end of all this.

saivet

How was he for the rest of the game apart from the assist?
Probably a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. He was decent to good but it was far from anything special. Some good moments but showed a bit of rust and looked a little out of sync with his teammates on a few occasions.

Andersons Dietician

Chain smokers is a first :lol:

Don't think Dortmund can afford to buy him this summer because of his wages, so would be interesting to see where he ends up going.
If Sancho loves it so much nothing stopping him from accepting a lesser weekly wage.

Last edited:

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Probably a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. He was decent to good but it was far from anything special. Some good moments but showed a bit of rust and looked a little out of sync with his teammates on a few occasions.
Which of course isn't surprising considering he barely trained with the team. Also quite logical that he assisted the only attacker he played with before (Reus).

But what's already obvious is that he looks much happier than he ever did in Manchester, really seems to be the truth that he felt like coming home in Dortmund. Really would like to hear someday why he didn't feel that way in Manchester.

Red00012

I watched the 2nd half and he looked very good. Maybe ETH is the problem, maybe he's the villain in that awkward feud against the english player and not Sancho.
If Sancho does well at BVB I'd consider to give him another chance next season (but of course Ten Hag must leave)
Milan are welcome to him.

SteveCoppellFan

People way over reacting to one small cameo performance.

He will no doubt revert to type pretty soon.

Kissing the Dortmund badge when it's only a loan deal is just the level his brain works at.

Good riddance, hope he never plays for us again, its types like him that have been a real problem at United for way too long now.