2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

whitbyviking

Glad to see him doing well at least in the stats over the past couple of games. I still think there's a big chance for him here post Ten Hag.

My view on it is that it was a false start from the beginning. When you sign a player coming off a hot streak, just play them...none of this adaptation etc stuff, just start them. Ole didn't do that with Sancho and then it just never got going.

I actually thought he'd looked good in pre-season in the false 9 and then lo and behold very little game time at the start of the campaign and getting called out whilst we have languid players in Martial and Rashford plus bad attitudes and hot and cold players in Bruno and Antony.
He never came straight into the side under Ole because he was sick when he arrived, had some time in hospital and then wasn't fit enough as a result. They didn't hold him out for adaptation, he just wasn't healthy enough to go straight in.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He’ll come back as soon as ETH is sacked, we just won’t sell him when he’s on £350k per week, I don’t get all the 5th place nonsense, United are too far behind to catch Villa or spurs, watching players like Darmian, Mkhitaryan and M Depay all playing in an elite round of 16 CL and all being more than decent?

Signing for united really does become the graveyard of your career under the Glazers, let’s hope the new regime can change that theory and upgrade the medical and training facilities to truly world class.
Darmian still plays like he hasn't gone through puberty.

Woziak

Darmian still plays like he hasn't gone through puberty.
He looks a decade younger than his real age that’s for sure and he was like Dalot could play left or right back, I mean the fact that Blind and him are still performing at a high level in mid 30’s just shows how sh… we are at selling or keeping good professionals?

Bobski

He looks a decade younger than his real age that’s for sure and he was like Dalot could play left or right back, I mean the fact that Blind and him are still performing at a high level in mid 30’s just shows how sh… we are at selling or keeping good professionals?
Wan Bissaka offers 10 X what Darmian did going forward at Utd. Haven't see enough of him in Italy to see if he has developed that side of his game but if he still the full back who takes a nosebleed when he leaves his own half we are well rid of him.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
So presumably bagging a goal against PSV makes him world class again? £70m would be a bargain to someone...

Glorio

Wish him all the best - hope he actually shines so it drives his price up and someone takes him off our hands

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Sancho may have been a failure for us but he seems to be having the last laugh…
That was always going to be the case with the contract he's on. A fine product of United's "asset" policy. Arrived at OT with the reputation of a slacker, saw the others playing upfront demanding and getting what they want from Solskajer and decided that he wanted the same. He didn't get it, so he just sat on his contract, waiting for the next permanent managerial appointment. When ETH's methods didn't suit him, he was basically sent on paid holiday to the Netherlands to sort himself out (whatever that meant) while the team was fighting on all fronts. When both he and ETH had enough of each other, he took a comment from the manager to the extreme and made himself unavailable for selection. Now, he's collecting his full salary to play where he wants and how he wants to play. At a club that can't afford him and without the pressure that usually comes with his salary. He's living the dream.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He is the crypto market of football. When he does nothing everyone falls asleep then he starts throwing a tantrum which depletes his own value even further then once he finally does something good, everyone jumps back in and his price goes through the roof. Keep going Sancho so we can sell you.... for half our purchase price!!!

The Red Thinker

No we are. We’ll sell him for good value now. He’s a weak minded player who can’t handle difficult circumstances. Sell well and watch other teams wilt when the crap hits the fan. I’m convinced Sancho is a vibes player. That’s it.

Pickle85

By rinsing us of a bunch of cash? I mean, fine, but you'd hope that most top professional footballers would have loftier goals and there's no chance he's starting for a top side any time soon.

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
No we are. We’ll sell him for good value now. He’s a weak minded player who can’t handle difficult circumstances. Sell well and watch other teams wilt when the crap hits the fan. I’m convinced Sancho is a vibes player. That’s it.
How much do you think you will get for him..... All the negative publicity about his work ethics can't have helped his value .

yeaherino

Wan Bissaka offers 10 X what Darmian did going forward at Utd. Haven't see enough of him in Italy to see if he has developed that side of his game but if he still the full back who takes a nosebleed when he leaves his own half we are well rid of him.
Wan Bissaka can't cross a ball and has shit close control and poor passing touch. To act as though he is some sort of revelation because he gets forward well is a bit narrow minded here. The only thing that he excelled at offensively was getting further and further out of position, shit what was he is gonna do at the goal line blaze in some laser cross to an imaginary 10 foot tall striker? I will say he did make some spectacular tackles defensively but feel like those were more last ditch than true defensive know-how. Both have disappointed at United. It's really simple fullbacks have to jobs, attack the other fullback and defend against the wide players. How do we keep finding players that are shit at both. We still try to stick with some wing play but it invariably breaks down about 15-25 yards out from goal because none of the players can beat their man on their own (bar Garnacho, I include our wide players as well just to emphasize the importance of the interplay between the two) or clever enough to work one twos. The only thing I have seen us do with any regularity since Ibra went down back in 2017 and look somewhat competent at is counterattack, which is limited in the way EtH wants to play. Granted, its seven years later but two more coaches and unbalanced team , it's an absolute shit show. I think once United let Jose go and brought in Ole the damage was done, the players here largely are disgraces. Not fit for the shirt! We have players that walk into our starting XI game after game after game and put out shit displays, but even worse shit effort its insane! Hell, that's if they even make it onto the field, which Antony and Sancho have had trouble doing. 200 million can't even get on the pitch. With behavior like what we are seeing over the last 4 years the problem is systemic, they need to get all the problems out of there ASAP, and biggest one is RASHFORD!

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
By rinsing us of a bunch of cash? I mean, fine, but you'd hope that most top professional footballers would have loftier goals and there's no chance he's starting for a top side any time soon.
He is going to play a CL QF soon while United is long gone from this competition...

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's amazing how so many on here downright hate Sancho because he clashed with a coach who is not even successful or known as a great man manager.

AndySmith1990

It's amazing how so many on here downright hate Sancho because he clashed with a coach who is not even successful or known as a great man manager.
Ten Hag has nothing to do with Sancho being a lazy unprofessional scrote who can't hack it in a tough league

sepulturite

Nice to see your back trolling as soon as Sancho scores a couple of goals. Such a wum.

Pickle85

He is going to play a CL QF soon while United is long gone from this competition...
Does he get a medal for that then? Do you see playing a quarter final as having the last laugh?! You bundesliga folks never cease to amaze with how quick you are to defend anything remotely related to the BL.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Does he get a medal for that then? Do you see playing a quarter final as having the last laugh?! You bundesliga folks never cease to amaze with how quick you are to defend anything remotely related to the BL.
Of course he doesn't get a medal for that, I just think that a team that reaches a CL QF can be called a top team, and moving to such a team can be seen as having "loftier goals" as you called it.

It's simply a fact that Sancho is the only player under contract at United who still actively participates in the CL this year, doesn't matter that he plays for a BL team now, would be the same if he was on loan now at Atletico.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Of course he doesn't get a medal for that, I just think that a team that reaches a CL QF can be called a top team, and moving to such a team can be seen as having "loftier goals" as you called it.

It's simply a fact that Sancho is the only player under contract at United who still actively participates in the CL this year, doesn't matter that he plays for a BL team now, would be the same if he was on loan now at Atletico.
Last season Chelsea reached QFs, same with Benfica. they aren't top teams.

It just depends on luck with the draw.

Red00012

Ten Hag has nothing to do with Sancho being a lazy unprofessional scrote who can't hack it in a tough league
Unfortunately there is a lot on here who have an agenda against Ten Hag. There’s plenty of arguments about Ten Hag but the Sancho situation isn’t one of them

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's doing well at Dortmund is good for him and us. Just hoping that the Club will be wise enough not to have "hope" again on players like him, who have proven that they can be "unmotivated" for long period of time.

Son

By dropping down a level league/club wise and scoring against the mighty PSV. Good for him though if it gives us more transfer value.

He’s far better than Antony obviously but that’s not even praise.

Teja

It's not "clashed" with a coach. He was downright unprofessional and late for many different training sessions because he wants to play FIFA till 2AM. The manager gave him all the leeway during the first season. Even in the second season, the point of contention was that the manager just said he didn't pick Sancho because of his training performance. It's basically textbook manager speak. Sancho's the one that blew that up, acted like a petulant child and refused to apologize.

I want Ten Hag gone as much as the next guy but standards need to be set. If you condone this sort of behavior for a mediocre player then the whole team culture will go to shit.

Son

Not for us he wasn't. Antony last season was comfortably better than any season Sancho had with us.
I actually agree with that. He’s definitely a better footballer than Antony but for us he was a waste-man overall given his wages.

That’s why I’m not angry at Antony but I am at Sancho. He’s a talented guy but didn’t seem to care.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ten Hag is a spoofer, but so is Sancho.

Marcus

He is playing in a lower tier league now. I would expect him to do better. Maybe someone like Bayern Munich could take a punt?