Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

marktan

Just watched his performance against Leverkusen back, this kid has a lot of potential to go very far. The way he controls the ball, uses the opposition players to dribble, and already has good decision making at barely 18 combined with the ability to pick a pass..

He needs regular game time and fast. Could be good as Dortmund were struggling a bit, and they do play young talents if they're good enough (Dembele, Pulisic). But they also have a lot of attacking options.. if he gets three seasons of regular football before he turns 21 he could turn out really well.

Ciro

Supports
Liverpool
I think he will stay at Dortmund for a couple of seasons at least. It's good to see him playing well though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Found a little seasonal highlight clip on twitter:

1 goal and 4 assists in 685 minutes looks pretty decent for an 18 year old who had to play in a mostly dysfunctional team.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Sancho has to start more, looks impressive everytime he gets on the pitch. Pulisic was disappointing and Sancho did more than him in the few minutes he was on. Maybe they can play Reus in a central role and move Jancho to one of the wings.

Classical Mechanic

Sancho has to start more, looks impressive everytime he gets on the pitch. Pulisic was disappointing and Sancho did more than him in the few minutes he was on. Maybe they can play Reus in a central role and move Jancho to one of the wings.
With Pulisic not signing a new contract there's a big incentive to play him, benching him will destroy his value.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
I though that is the plan. To have Reus down the middle permanentely.

Classical Mechanic

There was a thread on here claiming that assists were a meaningless stat but all Sancho’s assists for Dortmund have been of high quality as far as I can remember, great crosses, throughballs etc.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I though that is the plan. To have Reus down the middle permanentely.
Favre played a more defensive 3 man midfield of Delaeney, Witsel and Dahoud. They really struggled in the first half when Leipzeg pressed them endlessly and neither was really able to control possession, one of the major reasons I felt was that there was a big gap between the 3 midfielders and 3 attackers (also the technically inept fullbacks). The gap was occupied by the Leipzeg midfielders and defense, therefore Dortmund had to resort to hopeful balls over the top to their attackers and therefore were not able to control possession well, they needed a CAM to operate between the lines of midfield and attack to help them in that respect.

Reus isn't exactly the perfect player for that, Gotze would be, but he can certainly fill that role.

Are Dortmund in the CL this season? Will be interesting if he features for them.
Yep. Though if Dortmund continue to play like they did on Sunday, they won't go far.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Reus and Sancho seem to play really well together too.

It’s a poor reflection on Dortmund that he has the most assists since the start of last season with a measly 5!
Yeah. At first I thought it was because the season there is shorter but they scored just four fewer goals than us in four fewer games.

Our top league assists for last season:
10 - Pogba
7 - Lukaku
6 - Lingard
5 - Martial, Mata, Rashford, Young

I don't get how it is possible for their top assister last season to have four when they scored 64 goals.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yep. Though if Dortmund continue to play like they did on Sunday, they won't go far.
Leipzig's pressing had a lot to do with how Dortmund played and most teams in Europe won't set up in a similar fashion, especially not over a whole 90 minutes. Even Leipzig seemed a bit deflated after like 30 minutes and a couple of yellow cards.

Yeah. At first I thought it was because the season there is shorter but they scored just four fewer goals than us in four fewer games.

10 - Pogba
7 - Lukaku
6 - Lingard

I don't get how it is possible for their top assister last season to have four when they scored 64 goals.
It isn't possible. Across 17/18 competitions Pulisic, Kagawa and Götze had 7 assists, Dahoud, Schürrle, Yarmolenko and Dahoud had 6 assists. Looking at 17/18 Buli matches alone, Pulisic and Schürrle had 6 assists and Yarmolenko 5.

To arrive at that Squawka tweet you have to exclude all other competitions aside from Bundesliga, as well as the initial winning streak under Bosz.

Sancho is doing exceptionally well for his age at Dortmund, he doesn't need stat twisting to highlight that.

Last edited:

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
The most exciting talent in Bundesliga these days:drool:

Is he the biggest English Talent or is it Foden? How did they compare when they played in the same teams?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It isn't possible. Across 17/18 competitions Pulisic, Kagawa and Götze had 7 assists, Dahoud, Schürrle, Yarmolenko and Dahoud had 6 assists. Looking at 17/18 Buli matches alone, Pulisic and Schürrle had 6 assists and Yarmolenko 5.

To arrive at that Squawka tweet you have to exclude all other competitions aside from Bundesliga, as well as the initial winning streak under Bosz.

Sancho is doing exceptionally well for his age at Dortmund, he doesn't need stat twisting to highlight that.
Yeah, my guess was the stats were league only so just did the same for United and even then it made no sense. Talk about cherry picking from Squawka. You'd expect better from the stat collator sites.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

Is he the biggest English Talent or is it Foden? How did they compare when they played in the same teams?
I'm not sure Foden's even as good as some of the other ones at that age group, just one of the more well known ones.

Classical Mechanic

They're about the same. Sancho won the best player at the u17 Euros last year and Foden won the best player at the u17 World Cup last year.

Sancho made the smart move though Look at the level of talent Foden has to get through to get a game compared to Sancho. I tend to think that Foden only gets a few minutes here and there because the hierarchy at City really want some home grown players coming through. Ominous that Foden doesn't even make the bench at weekend when KDB is injured. Hopefully Foden takes a loan. Biesla is supposed to be interested but they've decided between them that its best he stays with Pep.

Judas

Open to offers
Sancho's success really makes me want to see Foden escape City, he'd probably just end up back there for big money anyway, but it'll do him and more importantly the English national team a lot of good to see another bright prospect playing regularly.

Schneckerl

10 - Pogba
7 - Lukaku
6 - Lingard

What counts as an assist varies sometimes based on the source/league. I actually thought Bundesliga assists are inflated (Mkhi)

FromTheBench

Sancho's success really makes me want to see Foden escape City, he'd probably just end up back there for big money anyway, but it'll do him and more importantly the English national team a lot of good to see another bright prospect playing regularly.
By that logic Angel Gomes should have left for Spain as well.

Sancho was always a excellent talent though. Best in his age group.

England have some class talent coming through in younger groups.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Imagine the scenes if he somehow ends up at United. Signing him would be much better than Pulisic. Would be great to have a home-grown player of his potential in our lineup.

Was he playing on the right for Dortmund in that game?

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
That smiley at the end of the thread title always produces a big grin on my face every time I see this thread.

MUFC OK

Havent seen anything of him but respect his ambition and courage in going to Dortmund. he's already performing better than Januzaj did and is considerably younger by all accounts. He'll probably end up at Liverpool with the Klopp connection, plus he looks like he could related to the Ox.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
With Pulisic and Alcacer being absent he should have a good chance of starting tonight. ;)

Last edited: