Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
So many Dortmund players have been flops - why is this one different?
You can usually tell which are more likely to flop. Dortmund play such a drilled tactical game and it elevates certain players, system players basically. Kagawa, Sahin, Mkhi, Gotze are all players i never felt would do well at other teams that weren't playing like Dortmund. With Sancho you can just see his individual quality, right from youth level.

I put him above Gomes when i saw the two playing at youth level because Sancho is a once in a generation talent. Well he should be but now Greenwood had burst on the scene also, who I'm wondering if he can become they best of the lot. To have then both would be sensational, it would really change the while outlook of this team over the coming years because these two should be top level.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
If he leaves for Dortmund then it's going to be for a club that challenges for the CL and that doesn't leave many options open, atm just City and Liverpool (sorry ManUtd fans).
I see you've spoken to Jadon then? That's just an unsubstantiated guess. Liverpool couldn't afford him anyway.

Fridge chutney

Do your best.
No offense, but IMO you are currently a club living in the past which is no particularly attractive characteristic for a young player who wants to get the most out of his career
What does this even mean? What past are we living in? We just fired a manager and are actively recruiting a DoF and a manager that focuses on youth, development and attacking philosophy. That very much does not sound like a club living in the past. It actually describes a club looking to the future.

deafepl

We need another fullback, and since there are better LB's than RB's around and Shaw needs competition, Tierney or Max for another 30m.

Absolutely, we need Mendy type fullback as we don't have tradition winger, I think it could help Martial taking less on men by himself and get in the penalty box.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
I don’t think an 18 year olds main concerns for a new club are if it is going to challenge for the CL in the short-term.
I would add that English players/clubs are more concerning by their domestic title than the CL. I understand that might not be the same for Bayern and it’s fans as they waltz their league every year almost.
[/quote]

Modern top level football is about the CL. You can try to convince youself otherwise but agents, players, advertiser, the media and so on all know it. If you don't compete in the CL (and for the title) you might as well not exist when it comes to being considered one of the very best. This isn't a "Bayern fan" thing, it's true for everyone, why do you think Abramovich was so obsessed with winning the CL, just like City is now or Real has been in the past?

His concerns will be money, lifestyle factors, career progression (playing time) and that the team is aiming to compete in the medium term. We score highly on all these.
You score highly in some of those. Things can obviously always change and if you suddenly regain your standing maybe you'd be an option but at this moment in time I just don't see it, just like I don't think we (Bayern) would have any chance.

The point is that he would get plenty minutes at United - which might not be the case at City or Liverpool.
If Sancho is going to change clubs do you honestly think he'll have to worry about getting minutes? We are talking about a potential 150m+ transfer. Any club who is going to spent that kind of money is pretty much saying that he will be playing. As long as Sancho has doubts he can just stay at Dortmund but once he is ready for a move I highly doubt his concern is going to be game minutes.

And please don’t try and trivialise the attractiveness of Man United to an 18 year old English kid. We can offer him absolutely everything he wants.

United have been shot for five years but it will be turned around sooner or later. Does anyone seriously doubt that?
Plenty of people have doubts and so will players/agents. You say it yourself, it has been 5 years now. Why take a risk if you were Sancho? It's not like other clubs won't pay him well and Sancho (unlike other english players/talents) has already shown that he doesn't mind to face the challenge of a foreign league.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How are so many of you speculating over what an 18-year-old wants from a new club?

The fact this kid has taken himself to entirely new country, speaking a non-English language in what is an unprecedented move for a highly touted English teenage talent should tell you this kid thinks well outside the box. Unless we hear from him what he wants, it seems foolhardy to try and guess in his stead. Who's to say he won't spend his entire career away from England and the PL?

It is not outside the realms of possibility RM or Barca go in for him, and if he's that way inclined, English clubs won't get a sniff.

It's not often a player of this bracket comes along, and when they do, normal order can quickly go out the window. We've seen it with Mbappe, Dembele and there's no reason not to think the same can happen with Sancho.

All I hope is we throw our hat in the ring and are prepared to match or beat what anyone else would, that way, it's up to the player, and if that's not gonna land him, then at least we tried. As of right now, the playing field is seemingly even as we don't know what he wants, but I'm sure it'll narrow as the bids start coming in and are summarily dismissed by either himself or the club.

TheRedHearted

I would add that English players/clubs are more concerning by their domestic title than the CL. I understand that might not be the same for Bayern and it’s fans as they waltz their league every year almost.
Modern top level football is about the CL. You can try to convince youself otherwise but agents, players, advertiser, the media and so on all know it. If you don't compete in the CL (and for the title) you might as well not exist when it comes to being considered one of the very best. This isn't a "Bayern fan" thing, it's true for everyone, why do you think Abramovich was so obsessed with winning the CL, just like City is now or Real has been in the past?

If Sancho is going to change clubs do you honestly think he'll have to worry about getting minutes? We are talking about a potential 150m+ transfer. Any club who is going to spent that kind of money is pretty much saying that he will be playing. As long as Sancho has doubts he can just stay at Dortmund but once he is ready for a move I highly doubt his concern is going to be game minutes.

Plenty of people have doubts and so will players/agents. You say it yourself, it has been 5 years now. Why take a risk if you were Sancho? It's not like other clubs won't pay him well and Sancho (unlike other english players/talents) has already shown that he doesn't mind to face the challenge of a foreign league.[/QUOTE]

1. I think you misunderstood. He never said it's not about the CL. But as a an 18 year old, a transition as big as this is more so about getting to the next level, even if it just means a better league or showing up consistently on a bigger state.
2. No, but at 18 years old if he has good management it is about stages and United are a team that although have been shaky recently Mourinho did get us CL and 2nd last season. He'll also be playing with Pogba, De Gea, Martial, Rashford, Matic. He won't be playing with nobodies.
3. A very fine wage and consistent playing time in the EPL isn't a risk. The EPL attracts top talents from across the world and is a competitive league year in and one.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Both Abramohvic and City became obsessed with winning the CL after wining multiple PL titles as it had/has eluded them.

Of course, the CL is huge but every club in England bar the current City side would prefer to win the PL this spring.

Classical Mechanic

Got two assists today which puts him on 9 for the season. In Europe's top 5 leagues he sits behind Messi and Hazard who both have 10 but ahead of Sane and Fraser, also on 9, by virtue of playing less minutes than them.

luke511

Would be incredible if we signed him, Dortmund would sell at the right price.

marktan

Can we just sign him? I feel the longer we wait the more out of our range he's going to be. None of the other top 6 need wingers or can afford him, so the only logical place I can see him ending up is Real Madrid.. which would be annoying as feck after they took Ronaldo from us.

£100m for this kid would be a steal.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The biggest obstacle is that I don't think he's ready to leave. He's a smart guy, think he's going to stay at least one more year.

Ventura

We're not even in the same area code of being close to sign this kid. Forget about it!

Judas

Open to offers
Daddy daddy want want want. I think for him he's best he stays where he is another year, that what my money is on too, but I'd love us to break the bank on him. He's my most wanted summer target by a mile.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm glad he went abroad rather than ripping it up for City....although this season I wouldn't have minded just to help them stop Liverpool.
It would still be Jadon who if he were at City. Like Foden he'd be lucky to get scraps in the cup game let alone any minutes in the PL

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
He is the most valuable player in the Bundesliga according to Transfermarkt now. That is an actual achievement for a 18 year old, and sort of insane.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He is the most valuable player in the Bundesliga according to Transfermarkt now. That is an actual achievement for a 18 year old, and sort of insane.
There isn’t really anyone else there who could realistically challenge that tbh. The other really top bracket players are over 30.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
There isn’t really anyone else there who could realistically challenge that tbh. The other really top bracket players are over 30.
True that, but he has played like 20 professional games for the club or something? It is a bit insane to be rated that highly so quickly, no matter how impressive he has been in the games he has played.

Aloysius's Back 3

I think he is a really good player - but if im being honest; I dont see him playing the same way that martial & Rashford play football.

It's this little difference between being a winger and a forward. Is Sancho a winger or a pure forward?

MaREDcus

I think Richarlison would be a better fit for the way we play. Honestly, i could see him playing the lingard role really well. Also, hes left footed too!

Aloysius's Back 3

I think Richarlison would be a better fit for the way we play. Honestly, i could see him playing the lingard role really well. Also, hes left footed too!
I feel the same way as you do.

Not necessarily about richarlison - just the fact that a forward like him would interact better with Martial & Rashford who are also forwards themselves.

I try to see what Sancho does - this direct winger who tries to beat defenders & finds him in a position to cross or lay the ball to someone else - I don't see that interlinking with Rashford & Martial very well. I'd say Sancho would be great for a striker like Lukaku instead.

Tbh - I just want Greenwood to take the spot - again just because he is a pure forward rather than a wide man.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth

Not necessarily about richarlison - just the fact that a forward like him would interact better with Martial & Rashford who are also forwards themselves.

I try to see what Sancho does - this direct winger who tries to beat defenders & finds him in a position to cross or lay the ball to someone else - I don't see that interlinking with Rashford & Martial very well. I'd say Sancho would be great for a striker like Lukaku instead.

Tbh - I just want Greenwood to take the spot - again just because he is a pure forward rather than a wide man.
If they aren't too similar then that would be a good thing wouldn't it. I think we have a very good option with Lingard and even Greenwood coming through as you say, maybe a better fit for what you want. But, to have someone that could possibly be an assist king would be good for Rashford and Martial who should arrive inside the box way more than they currently do. We score very few easy goals from tap ins and arriving in the box etc. because everybody seems busy linking up. While that is good for some things, sometimes you want to put pressure onto teams by stretching them and being more direct and Sancho is a player that can provide that speed from the right by beating men on his own. It would allow Martial and Rashford to take up positions in front of goal instead of always overloading that left side, because there is no current threat from the right.

marktan

I rate Richarlison - but I think there's a huge difference in the way they play. Richarlison is more like Rashford - good runs in behind, hold up play, finishing.

But Sancho is more like a Neymar, the ball sticks to his feet, he's capable of magic and has incredible decision making for an 18 year old. Once he starts adding goals to his game he'll be one of the best in the world. A player like that if you're given the opportunity to sign you take. And lucky for us he plays on the RW currently, whereas Richarlison plays in Martial's positoon on the LW.

meamth

Sancho is a playmaker, really good one at that too. He is not a direct winger, more like a wide playmaker. Most people thinks his dribbles are the main weapon, but no, his football intelligence to create opportunities to score is his greatest weapon.

If we can get him, Sancho will balance everything for Rashford and Martial. Dream signing.

In Rainbows

The ideal goal would be to have a front 3 consisting of Martial, Greenwood, Rashford, and Sancho. One of those being on the bench, but almost everyone being interchangeable. It's also the most efficient for that very reason because an injury will just have one of them easily slot in. Hopefully Greenwood develops nicely at first team level as he has the most potential to be the #9 of this side, while starting off as Rashford's back up.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
The ideal goal would be to have a front 3 consisting of Martial, Greenwood, Rashford, and Sancho. One of those being on the bench, but almost everyone being interchangeable. It's also the most efficient for that very reason because an injury will just have one of them easily slot in. Hopefully Greenwood develops nicely at first team level as he has the most potential to be the #9 of this side, while starting off as Rashford's back up.
Would be nice wouldn't it. You'd also potentially have his best mate Gomes wanting a say and maybe even Chong. Maybe none of them makes it, but I feel we have done excellent work recruiting talents because some of these guys seems special and there is suddenly a lot of them. I rated Wilson and others too, but these guys are on another level really. They all have an actual chance which is rare to say or actually believe.

In Rainbows

Would be nice wouldn't it. You'd also potentially have his best mate Gomes wanting a say and maybe even Chong. Maybe none of them makes it, but I feel we have done excellent work recruiting talents because some of these guys seems special and there is suddenly a lot of them. I rated Wilson and others too, but these guys are on another level really. They all have an actual chance which is rare to say or actually believe.
I was huge on Wilson too and it's undeniable that he had a much better scoring record than Rashford, had great striking technique, pace, and could score great solo goals. Though Rashford obviously had the better skill due to formerly being a #10. Then I compare him to Greenwood, and Greenwood is just better at everything. He has a better goal scoring (by a good deal) record while also being 1 year younger than Wilson was at the time. And his game is just complete as is his decision making for the most part.

I think a lot of us that watched the youth players these last few years have gotten a better understanding of what makes a top talent after seeing someone like Greenwood.

Pass and Move

Short of Mbappe, Sancho is who I'd like most right now. Maybe even more than Dembele. Doesn't have their raw pace, but I think his all round game makes him more versatile and he could hopefully give us the skill and man beating ability Lingard lacks whilst keeping his movement and pressing abilities.

TsuWave

Wish we would go all out for him, has the potential to be a generational talent. I know people want a CB, but there’s a lot more options at/for CB than RW, our right side has been poor for years, and Sancho could effectively sort it for the next 10 years. We are overtly reliant on our left side to create things during games and that makes us easy to defend against, and puts extra pressure on players like Martial/Pogba that operate around that left side. We could always address CB later.

Treble

Sancho has contributed goal/assist per 80 minutes in the Bundesliga which is incredible. Let's see whether he can build on his form in the first half of the season and continue to grow as a player. Not everyone can deal with fame at this age.

MalcolmTucker

I think he'll stay another year at Dortmund, hopefully by the summer of 2020 (feck that looks weird) we'll be in a more stable and enticing position and be able to snap him up.

MalcolmTucker

Sancho isn't some Aaron Lennon type winger - he's more like Ribery or Nasri or Neymar; playmaking from out wide. He's very skilful and smart around the box with very neat passing and touch. In my opinion he'd be a perfect fit on the right, adding a bit of ingenuity while still being dynamic for our direct and pacy front line.