Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

NYAS

They dont really spend that much anymore though.
They've only signed Pulisic in anticipation of Hazard moving imo.
Sancho will be Dembele money, I can't see Chelsea stretching that far.
Plus there's the rumours of a two year transfer ban so..
they just bought Pulisic no? and Abramovich seems to have cut down on the spending for a while now
I could see them raising funds from the sale of Hazard and going for him as the only London club that can. Their wing options are horrendous when you think that Hazard and Hudson-Odoi are leaving, and Willian and Pedro are old and well, they’re Willian and Pedro. Granted they have Pulisic but that’s for the right wing and Sancho can comfortably play on the left.

I won’t rest easy regarding Chelsea in this battle until they sign another winger, someone like Lozano/Bergwijn/Bailey.

NYAS

True, could end up at Bayern.
Nah, he’ll probably win the league this season and he’ll have done the whole Germany phase of his career. They will also have Hudson-Odoi, Coman, Gnabry and Alphonso Davies and would never win a bidding war against the other clubs. I highly doubt he’ll want to go there when he’ll have his pick of elite clubs.

NYAS

It’s between us, Chelsea, Real and Barca. Juve can’t afford him and I highly doubt he wants to go to the French league when he’s already proven himself in a better league.

Brightonian

What a dreamy signing this would be. Martial Rashford Sancho Pogba. A sort of Anglo-French axis of young, gifted, developing superstars.

All of a sudden with Mourinho gone it's clear that there is a sort of identity forming in our squad - one that was completely suppressed by Jose - and Sancho would fit into that beautifully.

I'd happily pay the price Barca paid for Dembele for Sancho. I always thought Dembele was a bit hit-and-miss for that price (at least at that early stage in his career), in a way that Sancho isn't. His decision making has developed well ahead of the curve and he always seems to do the right thing.

Plus the snub to City is priceless.

Sauldogba

What kind of player is this lad?
Ive only seen him once but in that game he just struck me as a speed merchant who will score lots of tap ins.
Again ive only seen him once so what is he like?

Is he better than Mbappe,Rashford or Dembele.

Roy Cropper

Supports
Liverpool
I’ve heard that he is Liverpool’s top target this summer, we see Salah as a CF now so we need another winger.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
What kind of player is this lad?
Ive only seen him once but in that game he just struck me as a speed merchant who will score lots of tap ins.
Again ive only seen him once so what is he like?

Is he better than Mbappe,Rashford or Dembele.
:lol: What?

just watch a youtube video that'll give you a good idea.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
It would very much be a Man United type signing if we got this done. Could be as important as signing Rooney

Sauldogba

:lol: What?

just watch a youtube video that'll give you a good idea.
It was a game where the whole dortmund team played shit tbf :lol:.

Just had a look at him.
He looks like a player who i would enjoy watching here.
Skillful and silky. Very rare England produces players like that.

A bit of a worry hes only got 6 goals in the Bundesliga though.
If we do buy him i hope he wont one of those players that will get overrated because he can do 100 stepovers.

J_XO

Don't want to get sucked into the idea of him signing but his potential is ridiculous and it'd be worth the crazy amount of money to get him in just to have a front three of Martial-Rashford-Sancho

Adam-Utd

It was a game where the whole dortmund team played shit tbf :lol:.

Just had a look at him.
He looks like a player who i would enjoy watching here.
Skillful and silky. Very rare England produces players like that.

A bit of a worry hes only got 6 goals in the Bundesliga though.
If we do buy him i hope he wont one of those players that will get overrated because he can do 100 stepovers.
He's more of a creator than a goal scorer, but he can chip in with goals when needed.

More of an Eden Hazard than a Ronaldo so to speak.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Yep, you're not going to see him go 'develop' elsewhere.

If his current trajectory continues he's only going to end up at a Barce/Madrid/Bayern/PSG and if he still looks good there then you're talking Neymar money and that's if they even want to sell.

If you want in on Sancho, to take the 'risk', it would have to be from Dortmund. If he goes to a top elite club then he isn't moving unless he flops, they just wanted to sell, or an astronomical fee is offered.
Yep.

The last three times I was on the muppet wagon was for Vidal in that epic thread (thanks @Olly Gunnar Solskjær) Dembele and Pogba. Sancho is cut from the same cloth. Definitely a dream signing.

He's in the class of player who has the potential to be challenging for the Ballon d'Or in a few years, which is not something you'd think was possible of an English player except for the Euro 2004 version of Rooney.

deadrevelz

This just feels like one of those signings Ferguson would go all out for. Too good to miss out. If he continues to progress he will be worth much more than whatever fee we pay for him. He's young, would instantly improve our side. He just looks perfect for the manager, team, club and even Woodward. Only issues are if the Glazers would sanction such a massive transfer fee and whether he wants to join us.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I've actually never seen the lad play so I'm hoping for big things in the games against Spurs

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Really odd I watched the video and I see a player who never looks in complete control of a ball.....exactly what I thought with the Depay videos and yet others were saying how great he was. In fairness Depay looked like an octupus running with a ball and I still can't fathom how he was rated. Sancho though....nahhhhhhhhh
I think it's the literal opposite of that. His passing and finishing, while decent, aren't that special. What makes him special is his ability to face 1-3 defenders and consistently keep the ball while probing for a defender's miss-step or a dribbling opportunity.
It's an incredibly important quality when trying to break through against an organized defence after a methodical and slow paced build-up.

Last edited:

OleGunnar20

He's more of a creator than a goal scorer, but he can chip in with goals when needed.

More of an Eden Hazard than a Ronaldo so to speak.
Which is exactly what we need to compliment the Martial / Rashford duo I'd say.

Get it done Ed you little bleeder you.

UpWithRivers

I think it's the literal opposite of that. His passing and finishing, while decent, aren't that special. What makes him special is his ability to face 1-3 defenders and consistently keep the ball while probing for a defender's miss-step or a dribbling opportunity.
It's an incredibly important quality when trying to break through against an organized defence after a methodical and slow paced build-up.
This is what bothers me. His main strength is dribbling. He wont do that at the level he has been in the prem. Reduce is dribbling by 30/40 percent and what player have you got? A very good one but he is no mbappe or dembele and not worth 120/140 mill. 80 mill maybe and time to develop
They could buy odoi from chelsea and get a similar player

RedorDead21

I've re-watched the vids and I can't deny he gets where he's going I just dispute it close control being that good. He's in a strong enough league mind so It must be just me. He's a kid as well. I haven't read all the thread is it likely he'll leave in the summer?

Adam-Utd

Which is exactly what we need to compliment the Martial / Rashford duo I'd say.

Get it done Ed you little bleeder you.
Yep, he'd honestly be the perfect mixture for our team.

The future with Rashford, Lingard, Martial, Pogba + Sancho would be brilliant.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I think that's doing him a disservice, to be honest.
He has equal assets to that in his intelligence, decision making and reading of the game going on around both from his and the opposing side's perspective. He's superb with combination play and triangular build up, so in addition to what you've said, he's a constant thorn in the sense of always being open to begin a build up or progress one or actually finish one. His maverick abilities aren't the same as someone like Dembele's but they don't have to be as he's far better for a team in terms of synergy and discipline.

The way he plays, he could go to so many teams and be of massive benefit to them, which is quite rare these days where system players have their uses in one set up but would be useless in another. Not many eclectic players out there, which is a massive asset for Dortmund when it comes to selling him on.

This is what bothers me. His main strength is dribbling. He wont do that at the level he has been in the prem. Reduce is dribbling by 30/40 percent and what player have you got? A very good one but he is no mbappe or dembele and not worth 120/140 mill. 80 mill maybe and time to develop
They could buy odoi from chelsea and get a similar player
That doesn't really make sense as its applicable to all of those players. Reduce Mbappe's pace by 30/40 (which is a massive amoung, by the way!) percent, what have you got? Reduce Dembele's dribbling and you've got a very good player, but not necessarily a special one. These guys all have a number of attributes that make them what they are, but are reliant on some more than others.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think that's doing him a disservice, to be honest.
He has equal assets to that in his intelligence, decision making and reading of the game going on around both from his and the opposing side's perspective. He's superb with combination play and triangular build up, so in addition to what you've said, he's a constant thorn in the sense of always being open to begin a build up or progress one or actually finish one. His maverick abilities aren't the same as someone like Dembele's but they don't have to be as he's far better for a team in terms of synergy and discipline.

The way he plays, he could go to so many teams and be of massive benefit to them, which is quite rare these days where system players have their uses in one set up but would be useless in another. Not many eclectic players out there, which is a massive asset for Dortmund when it comes to selling him on.
No disagreement from me on that. I just had his technical ability/execution or whatever you want to call it in mind. To be an isolation dribbler like him you need immense decision making and situational awareness. Which also means he can get himself into threatening positions often or manipulate the opposition so that even relatively simple passes are devastating.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
No disagreement from me on that. I just had his technical ability/execution or whatever you want to call it in mind. To be an isolation dribbler like him you need immense decision making and situational awareness. Which also means he can get himself into threatening positions often or manipulate the opposition so that even relatively simple passes are devastating.
Agree! :D

Just hope people don't think he's one dimensional when he's so much more than that. It's always great when these potential best in the world players come along. Bizarre when it's an English teenager, though!

AKDevil

Some interesting views. Kid is very special. 18 with ridiculous output, impact and awareness for his age. Also, what 18 year old is a first choice anywhere in Europe’s top five leagues for one of the big clubs? That’s an indication of his talent. Ballon D’Or top 10 by times he’s 23.

arthurka

This kid is just unplayable on his day.. Everything is going through him. Pay what ever Dortmund want for him..

luke511

I feel Dortmund have changed their transfer strategy after not cashing in on their old talent like Lewandowski and Hummels. They'd definitely sell if the price was right, can imagine it being in the region on £100-£120 mil. If we leave it longer than this summer though and he does equally well next year then he will drift into the realms of being unattainable like Harry Kane.

In Rainbows

I've re-watched the vids and I can't deny he gets where he's going I just dispute it close control being that good. He's in a strong enough league mind so It must be just me. He's a kid as well. I haven't read all the thread is it likely he'll leave in the summer?
It clearly is great though. Who do you consider to have great close control? Why do you dispute his close control when he's always keeping it in tight spaces, and has amazing footwork?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I feel Dortmund have changed their transfer strategy after not cashing in on their old talent like Lewandowski and Hummels. They'd definitely sell if the price was right, can imagine it being in the region on £100-£120 mil. If we leave it longer than this summer though and he does equally well next year then he will drift into the realms of being unattainable like Harry Kane.
That's not really true. Dortmund don't want to sell their players, but they all but have to if a contract is about to expire. Mkhitaryan, Hummels, Gündogan, Pulisic were all sold exactly a year before their contract ran out and Lewandowski would have as well if he didn't commit to the tap up and lowball the club scheme of Bayern. The only real exception is Aubameyang who was promised to be allowed to leave for ~€80m to €90m during his last summer at the club, but couldn't find a buyer and then was supposed to finish the season at Dortmund.
Dembele had to go on strike to be allowed to leave for €130m-€145m and Aubameyang had to stink up the place as well to force a move during winter. Afterwards Watzke stated that he was unhappy with being bullied by players and that the next guy to try something like that would find himself sitting in the stands. Whether the club will stay true to this promise is another question of course, but at the moment it's still the official policy.

Everyone has their price of course, but if you offer a fair fee for Sancho the club will just ask you why they should sell him now, when they might as well keep one of their top players for another year and collect the same amount or more next year.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Extremely unlikely that he'll leave this summer. He has 3 or 4 years left on his contract and Dortmund said already that he will play next season for BVB too. So someone would have to offer an astronomous fee (200+ probably) to change their mind.

There is simply no reason to sell him right now and i think the player is not interested to move on already too as he is developing really great in Dortmund.

Jacob

The smirky smile in the thread title is annoying me so much.

In Rainbows

More chances of him going back to City than us
City can't guarantee him playing time, which is why he left them in the first place. He's still developing so minutes are very important to him. United have no right winger, so playing time is pretty much guaranteed.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Won't be a top player. Will soon disappear.
Reading this thread from the start is insightful. Seems the kid was always extremely highly rated. Except for the quoted, there's a lot of glowing praise for him and quite prescient posts.

Dortmund are going to turn an £8m investment into who knows what. Insane upward trajectory.

RedDevilRoshi

More chances of him going back to City than us
There is no indication that is going to be the case.

He left City simply because a lack of game time and if he was to go back, then there is no guarantee he will get that, especially with the options they have on the wings.

Comes here when he knows that he will get game time as we don’t have an out and out natural right winger and he fits the profile of a Utd player.