Jadon Sancho | First player in Bundesliga history to score 25 goals before his 20th birthday

TsuWave

If we had the choice Dembele or Sancho? It's interesting Ole mentioned him the other day, if he stays I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to sign him.
I prefer Sancho. Something about Dembele’s dribbling style irks me. He pulls it off, mind, but I always get the feeling he’s not fully in control. It’s hard to explain. Sancho seems more composed. We’d be lucky to get either though.

Kostov

If we had the choice Dembele or Sancho? It's interesting Ole mentioned him the other day, if he stays I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to sign him.
I rate Dembele very highly but his off the pitch conduct makes me lean on Sancho here, who by all accounts is just as talented.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I prefer Sancho. Something about Dembele’s dribbling style irks me. He pulls it off, mind, but I always get the feeling he’s not fully in control. It’s hard to explain. Sancho seems more composed. We’d be lucky to get either though.
Agree. Sancho looks more talented to me. Have a feeling he's going to be the best of the current bunch of top talents. England has really stepped up in terms of youth development, think this generation will turn out even better for you than the one around Lampard, Rooney, Gerrard and Scholes.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Sancho is the only one that would be available. He's put up similar numbers to Dembele in Dortmund and I think the talent is somewhat comparable. I'd definitely choose Dembele over Sancho because he's a better athlete and completely two-footed, but Sancho can actually be gotten if the fee is large enough, Barcelona are not letting Dembele go unless it's a world-record fee.

Judas

Open to offers
I'd choose Sancho over Dembele as I've always liked us having the very best British talent, and when the talent coming through is so good at the moment, we'd be mad not to invest in players who are likely to want to play for us their entire careers. Plus Sancho seems like he'd fit in with the club.

Can7onA

Without being "one of those"

I play an on-line game with a BD footballer and I was chatting to him about Sancho and he was saying he is the proper deal, they all know at BD that he is going to be in the top 3 footballers in the world very soon.

He also rates that American that has gone to Chelsea but says he isn't even in the same league as Sancho.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Jadon is a fantastic player, don't get me wrong, I find him similar to Isco. Isco himself is a fantastic player and I still think will prove his doubters wrong. But Isco is not a world beater. Two players I think will have better future than Sancho are CHO and Kai Havertz.
Isco never had end product to his game. At the age of 18, Sancho has basically matched Isco’s very best statistical output. Sancho is currently on 7 goals and 10 assists (with another 40% of a season to go); whilst Isco’s all time best was 11 goals and 8 assists in 2016/17.

I see the comparison, I just think Sancho already has that better killer instinct in the final third.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He’d be my number 1 target this summer.

Add sancho and koulibaly this summer, 1 more fullback to cover and maybe another CM for depth. we’d be title challengers for sure.

Lynty

He’d be my number 1 target this summer.

Add sancho and koulibaly this summer, 1 more fullback to cover and maybe another CM for depth. we’d be title challengers for sure.
Agreed.

Though would we drop £70m+ on such a young forward, when we already got two developing here?

We should, but are we going to?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It's not that hard to explain, actually, because I know exactly what you mean :lol:

He does look a wee bit "awkward" when he dribbles, but it's certainly effective - so he must be in control of it, and his talent is not in doubt. He's picked up a few injuries though, as unlucky as they've been.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Agreed.

Though would we drop £70m+ on such a young forward, when we already got two developing here?

Imagine Sancho here, along with Martial, Rashford with Pogba behind them. We'd have our attack sorted for years and if they all came close to their potential, we'd be that much closer to competing at the top end of European competitions again.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Agreed.

He still has a few years left on his contract and Dortmund said already that they are not going to sell him next summer.

So, to change their mind 70m would not even be 50% of the necessary offer. More like 200+ for next summer, i guess. Also i believe that City will get a fair share of the fee too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Agreed.

It would take double your price to even tempt Dortmund to sell. They'd want to same they got for Dembele

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
When he was at Dortmund, I felt Dembele was the perfect RW signing for us. Now I getting the feeling Sancho looks an even better although I have to admit I watch much less of Dortmund these days.

It's a tough one to call because Sancho is all fresh and new, and to be fair at a smaller club. But he does appear to have a uniquely sharp footballing mind which is where my only doubts with Dembele lie. He is creative but at times has lacked intensity and decision making accuracy. So I'll edge towards Sancho. For me, he is the perfect signing for this summer. He also seems to love playing out wide and setting up teammates

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Agreed.

100% I don't see why not. He plays regularly on the right side which is a position we need.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Agreed.

70 million is too little. Pulisic had gone for 50-60 hasn't the? It'll cost us 120-140 and I think it would be worth it. These talents don't come along often. He's English, he's skillful, he's quick and he's intelligent.

NYAS

Can you imagine a front four of Martial, Rashford, Sancho and Pogba behind them? Absurd.

We’d have two of the best young English talents and two of those 4 would be academy products.

We have to get him. No one else comes close to being as perfect for us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Can you imagine a front four of Martial, Rashford, Sancho and Pogba behind them? Absurd.

We’d have two of the best young English talents and two of those 4 would be academy products.

We have to get him. No one else comes close to being as perfect for us.
Best part is we have to sign only 1 player to achieve that front 4. Also 3 of those players are home grown players too.

cyberman

How was his divorce from City?
There's only two English sides that can afford him if he wants to go back home.
City have Sterling / Mharez and might not even bid for him on principle anyway

ryan_forlan

Gullible
Looking at the horizon of next 2-3 years.
We will almost always have a front three. We should have six quality six players for that.
Three of those six are Martial, Rashford, Lingard. That is a given.
I am fairly certain that Lukaku will be here for 2 more years. I feel he has contributed enough and more, relatively(the whole team has been fairly sub-par), to deserve to be a part of the squad for sometime and in a good functioning team, he will contribute.
So IMO, 4/6 -> Rash, Martial, Lukaku, Lingard.

That leaves us with two players. One spot has to be for one out of Greenwood and Chong, or maybe even Angel. One of those three could be a part of our 6 players. The rest could be loaned.

That leaves one spot. Do we want to that one player to also be a player of promise? Like Martial and Rashford? I would rather have a more proven top tier forward, something that Sanchez should have been for us, he failed. IMO, We need the sixth player to be a 24+ year old, who has played over 100 league games in a top european league (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, and maybe France).

I love Sancho and would hate to seem him join an english rival, but if he has to come to United next year, it has to be in place of Lingard or Lukaku or one out of Rash-Martial.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Why are people assuming he would want to come here? He may feel loyalty to City, he may not want to leave Germany, he may have eyes on other clubs, lots of things to factor beyond just throwing a lot of money at Dortmund

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
There's also the 2 Spanish giants, I'm surprised how everyone seems to be dead certain about his next destination being in England.
Whenever Sancho decides to leave, he'll be able to join up with the Elite Club of his choosing.

TsuWave

just saw transfer rumors on The Guardian that we are thinking about him for £90M in the summer :lol: that's not gonna be nowhere near enough

cyberman

There's also the 2 Spanish giants, I'm surprised how everyone seems to be dead certain about his next destination being in England.
Whenever Sancho decides to leave, he'll be able to join up with the Elite Club of his choosing.
I did say if he wants to go home?
There's nothing strange about that, that's the advantage English clubs have in this potential saga after all.

Mr PG

Mourinho is probably the reason we lost out on this kid. I heard we tried to get him before he left for Dortmund but he was never going to leave Pep and Join a failing team like ours was under Mou. Now we'll have to pay a King's ransom to ply him from Dortmund's grip.

NYAS

What about Chelsea?

cyberman

What about Chelsea?
They dont really spend that much anymore though.
They've only signed Pulisic in anticipation of Hazard moving imo.
Sancho will be Dembele money, I can't see Chelsea stretching that far.
Plus there's the rumours of a two year transfer ban so..

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Mourinho is probably the reason we lost out on this kid. I heard we tried to get him before he left for Dortmund but he was never going to leave Pep and Join a failing team like ours was under Mou. Now we'll have to pay a King's ransom to ply him from Dortmund's grip.
Don't think it would've made a difference who was in charge, he turned down Tottenham (Pochettino) and Arsenal (Wenger), both clubs known for giving young players a chance. I think it all boils down to the PL not being the best environment for a young player, he made the smart choice going to Germany.

cyberman

City would never have sold him to us.
No need to blame Jose for everything.

In Rainbows

That leaves one spot. Do we want to that one player to also be a player of promise?.
Yes. His current level is already good enough.
Why are people assuming he would want to come here? He may feel loyalty to City, he may not want to leave Germany, he may have eyes on other clubs, lots of things to factor beyond just throwing a lot of money at Dortmund
I'm not sure why he wouldn't want to go to United. If you're Sancho, you left City and joined Dortmund because you had belief in Dortmund to give you minutes so that you can develop. How would Barca offer you that? They have Dembele, Messi, Suarez, and Coutinho. Real have Vinicius Jr, Bale, and are targeting Hazard. City have Sterling, Mahrez, Gabriel Jesus, Aguero, etc...

United currently are desperate for a RW. United can promise him a starting spot, and there is no reason to doubt that like you would for other clubs (based on their attackers I listed).

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
True, could end up at Bayern.

In Rainbows

they just bought Pulisic no? and Abramovich seems to have cut down on the spending for a while now
Chelsea is a contender. Hazard wants to go to Real Madrid, so not only does that spot open up, but it gives them extra funds. And they might sell Hudson Odoi to Bayern, and there was a rumor that PSG was interested in Willian.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
True, could end up at Bayern.
Would think chances are near 0. He has 3 more years left on contract without any clauses, also all big teams will be in for him. So Dortmund have no reason to sell the player to Bayern, unless player wants only Bayern (which would be bit weird for English player)

RedorDead21

Really odd I watched the video and I see a player who never looks in complete control of a ball.....exactly what I thought with the Depay videos and yet others were saying how great he was. In fairness Depay looked like an octupus running with a ball and I still can't fathom how he was rated. Sancho though....nahhhhhhhhh