Jadon Sancho goes to Dortmund ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericholyte2

What makes you so sure it's about money?
I was throwing out a hypothetical because as a professional there should be no reason to stop you from going in and doing your job. Whether it's him wanting first team football, wanting guarantees, or whatever, you don't throw your toys out of the pram and say I'm not doing it any more.

If Pep had banished him that would be something else, but he is showing a pathetic level of "professionalism".

TsuWave

tbh, it would be nice to get him and considering the state of our wide play i could see him getting involved every now and then, especially if we suffer injuries.

i mean ronaldo came as as 18 year old and was pretty much a first teamer (yes, ronaldo was a special talent, but so is sancho, maybe not same level, but still)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I was throwing out a hypothetical because as a professional there should be no reason to stop you from going in and doing your job. Whether it's him wanting first team football, wanting guarantees, or whatever, you don't throw your toys out of the pram and say I'm not doing it any more.

If Pep had banished him that would be something else, but he is showing a pathetic level of "professionalism".
We don't really know for sure what's gone on do we, but if he's been left out of the tour because he's not signing his deal then he's having his chance to play taken away.

From City's perspective why would they take him if he's not going to be around long but on the flip side he wants to play and if he's turning down big money to prioritise his football and chances at the first team that's quite admirable.

Downing tools might not be the most professional move but plenty of other players have done that to force a transfer in the past and worked hard at their new club. One of our signings in recent years did it, although I can't think who off hand, was it Rojo?

BlueMoonOutcast

Rag in Disguise
Supports
Manchester City
Why would you even sign a player that would pull this stunt at 17 years of age? Shocking attitude.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Why would you even sign a player that would pull this stunt at 17 years of age? Shocking attitude.
Or maybe he is right, he wont get a first team chance at city. City have no record of budding in youngsters and after spending the money pep has and sheer number of first teamers, he wont get a game. He is simply not allowed mistakes, mistakes like martial rashford etc made/make. I think he is being intelligent although not coming to training is not good, but his decision seems to be right. His way of acting no.
Pogba did something similar and look what happened to him although he was very professional in the last days and let his agent be the cnut. He was confident in his ability and it is a risk that paid off, similarly Matts moller daehli the highest rated youngster we had previously left along with solskjaer and he hasnt amounted to much yet.

Jericholyte2

Or maybe he is right, he wont get a first team chance at city. City have no record of budding in youngsters and after spending the money pep has and sheer number of first teamers, he wont get a game. He is simply not allowed mistakes, mistakes like martial rashford etc made/make. I think he is being intelligent although not coming to training is not good, but his decision seems to be right. His way of acting no.
Pogba did something similar and look what happened to him although he was very professional in the last days and let his agent be the cnut. He was confident in his ability and it is a risk that paid off, similarly Matts moller daehli the highest rated youngster we had previously left along with solskjaer and he hasnt amounted to much yet.
So then tell City you want to leave as soon as possible but still show up for training.

Say if I went for a promotion where I work, they say no, do I simply refuse to go back in to work....NO! I go and look for another job but still fulfill my commitment to the place of work I'm currently at.

kps88

No he doesn't. He can go transfer to a team who will play him, which is exactly what he is looking to do.
Article says he's looking at Arsenal and Spurs. He's not going to be first choice at either of those clubs.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He doesn't need to be first choice. He just needs a path into the first team. He could very easily be given chances at either of those clubs.
Who was the last Arsenal player to get through?

Boycott

This kid is 17 :rolleyes:

Without going all 'back in my day', it does rankle how much influence these youngsters have without having ever played a competitive game. And I think as much as people look to advisers and those in their circles, the fan has played a part in this too. Social media gives these kids platforms very early. You pull off some nice moves and lo and behold a short montage is put together and circulated around. Suddenly people start noticing you and holding expectations off the back of a video. Most have never seen these guys play full matches but it all adds up to an over-inflated sense of importance. I don't blame the youngsters who want to ride off the back of it. They're enjoying the moment but the fact is only a tiny percent of these young 'stars' make it to a decent level - or even at any level.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Get him signed. Him and Gomes could be huge for us with some good luck.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
So then tell City you want to leave as soon as possible but still show up for training.

Say if I went for a promotion where I work, they say no, do I simply refuse to go back in to work....NO! I go and look for another job but still fulfill my commitment to the place of work I'm currently at.
I said the same thing, his decision is right, way to go about is not.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Who was the last Arsenal player to get through?
Lots. Many of them have developed injury problems and failed to develop or just not developed for other reasons but plenty of young players have got game time at Arsenal. Maitland-Niles and Rene-Adelaide got a bit, Holding, Iwobi, Bellerin, Jenkinson, Ox, Wilshere, Walcott, they've all got game time as a young player. Sure you can argue Wenger hasn't developed some of them the best but thats a different point and you can't really say it was due to a lack of game time or path into the first team which is what Sancho is apparently looking for.

jb8521

From what I've heard he had been told he was going on the pre season tour and had been training with the seniors in preparation for it but was then removed from the squad a couple of days before they left on tour because he hadn't signed the contract

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Lots. Many of them have developed injury problems and failed to develop or just not developed for other reasons but plenty of young players have got game time at Arsenal. Maitland-Niles and Rene-Adelaide got a bit, Holding, Iwobi, Bellerin, Jenkinson, Ox, Wilshere, Walcott, they've all got game time as a young player. Sure you can argue Wenger hasn't developed some of them the best but thats a different point and you can't really say it was due to a lack of game time or path into the first team which is what Sancho is apparently looking for.
Not to mention legends such as Lord Bentner, Denilson, Frimpong, Song, etc.

Wenger will give always give a 19 or 20-year-old player a run in the first team if he thinks they have a chance at success. If guys like those above had a route to the first team, a player like Sancho will get a chance for sure.

Classical Mechanic

From what I've heard he had been told he was going on the pre season tour and had been training with the seniors in preparation for it but was then removed from the squad a couple of days before they left on tour because he hadn't signed the contract
'Left to rot' as someone once said?

buchansleftleg

I remember us releasing a lot of negative stories about a young player who had refused to sign a contract, that we later admitted were largely baseless. The kid went off to Italy if i remember...whatever happened to THAT loser! He came Pogback!

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Are we interested? I think you can comment on it with your vast knowledge of our youth system.

jb8521

Are we interested? I think you can comment on it with your vast knowledge of our youth system.
In reality every club would be interested in him but as far as I know part of the reason he's set on leaving is that he never properly settled in Manchester so I don't see us signing him

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would love to take a chance on him, just as I really wanted us to sign Patrick Roberts from Fulham.

The climate is changing as we can see, it's worth the gamble. Getting harder to sign top forwards that may be good enough to raise an eyebrow from Real/Barca and now Paris it seems.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That's similar to what happened with Dom Solanke at Chelsea last season. Going into the last year of his contract it was clear he would not sign an extension so the club didn't loan him our and barely played him in the U23s.

Hopefully this Sancho kid does not end up in the footballing wilderness like poor Dom did.

Scholsey2004

Would love to take a chance on him, just as I really wanted us to sign Patrick Roberts from Fulham.

The climate is changing as we can see, it's worth the gamble. Getting harder to sign top forwards that may be good enough to raise an eyebrow from Real/Barca and now Paris it seems.
Patrick roberts is a fantastic prospect. He'd have played loads for our first team by now if he'd come here,

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Patrick roberts is a fantastic prospect. He'd have played loads for our first team by now if he'd come here,
I agree. I remember I had the unpopular opinion of preferring him over Memphis at the time. Yes, Memphis was more of a 'ready' signing - but I just didn't see him as a potential top bracket player, which I saw Roberts as, and the fact he was English too was another bonus.

Red_toad

I remember us releasing a lot of negative stories about a young player who had refused to sign a contract, that we later admitted were largely baseless. The kid went off to Italy if i remember...whatever happened to THAT loser! He came Pogback!
Yep whole thread is based on rumors, obviously put out by City.

People also are forgetting Scholes refused to play for United once. Footballers are a very special group of people, unless you're a highly talented player who lives in a bubble, you'd have no idea the influences they come under. Lads 17 and some on here are wittering on like he's an adult.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This has gone quiet. Any news as to where he might end up?
Sam Lee of goal.com(City's most reliable) said that he has already said his goodbyes to City's dressing room and they expect him to go to Dortmund.

Status
Not open for further replies.