Jadon Sancho goes to Dortmund ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoazany

Think the last one was Micah Richards unless you count Alex Garcia although I think he played just the one cup game, not really in the know for anything on the blue side.
Aleix Garcia is not their youth graduate. Signed at 18 for their U21s/Reserves, made his first team debut for his old club even before that.

MassiveMorgan

If he was left out for not signing a contract, which is apparently £30,000 a week, then maybe he just doesn't see a future at City. Makes sense.

Red_toad

So if one of our players simply didn't turn up for training on multiple occasions, that would be ok?

It questions his attitude and professionalism. if things don't go his way, he'll go missing. You won't get anywhere in football without the right attitude, that's the basic requirement
So he's one of the most gifted young players in the country. Worked exceptionally hard to get there. But suddenly he's not got the right attitude?

If one of our players was dead set on leaving for a major rival, I wouldn't expect them to be 100% professional. Nor would I expect the club to give them an easy ride out of the club. They'll be guided by their agent on how to get the move they want.
Nice that people can sit on their high horses going off rumours as to how any player is performing. Let's not forget we've many a player who's refused to play for the club, some of them are classed as legends.
You see unprofessionalism, I see rumours and possibly a determination to move to a major rival. whos right, we'll find out in time.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
This is like their Pogba moment. I remember some City fans thinking he was going to to join them :lol:

I can't see him coming here but regardless it doesn't look good on city's part that their most talented young player wants out. Something can't be right.

MJJ

Doesn't matter how old he is. You have to expect some sort of professionalism.
So you are against the signing of matic given that he practically did the same. So did Rojo, the kid is 17. He is allowed to be a bit down for missing an important tour just because he did not sign a contract.

I say leaving 30,000 per week for the sake of his career shows maturity.

Hans Moleman

Amazing the narrative hoops people will jump through to try and defend a player just because they want to sign him

Thunderhead

Supports
City
This is like their Pogba moment. I remember some City fans thinking he was going to to join them :lol:

I can't see him coming here but regardless it doesn't look good on city's part that their most talented young player wants out. Something can't be right.

except he isn't the most talented youngster, Brahim and Fodden have been classed as bigger talents for some time. I reckon he'll probably stay but even if he leaves I hope his new club knock out the entitled attitude that he's displaying so he can reach his full potential.

SkeppyRed

Lineups Game Winner 2012/13
except he isn't the most talented youngster, Brahim and Fodden have been classed as bigger talents for some time. I reckon he'll probably stay but even if he leaves I hope his new club knock out the entitled attitude that he's displaying so he can reach his full potential.
They're not as talented though. Anyway that narrative from City fans was expected.

Robertd0803

If Pep hasn't taken him on tour because of contract talks, why should he be committed to their cause?
Exactly. Im fairly sure my reaction at 17 wouldn't exactly be the most mature if all I wanted to do was play. (ffs Im 32 and had an issue at work last week or the week before and pretty much downed tools in utter frustration so can get why he is annoyed).

But yeah can see the other side of the argument as well, that going awol isn't exactly an endearing trait.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Exactly. Im fairly sure my reaction at 17 wouldn't exactly be the most mature if all I wanted to do was play. (ffs Im 32 and had an issue at work last week or the week before and pretty much downed tools in utter frustration so can get why he is annoyed).

But yeah can see the other side of the argument as well, that going awol isn't exactly an endearing trait.
You've often got to wonder who and how these kids are being advised, if I was his agent I'd be driving him there myself if he missed a training session for being in a sulk

red thru&thru

:lol::lol:

Robertd0803

You've often got to wonder who and how these kids are being advised, if I was his agent I'd be driving him there myself if he missed a training session for being in a sulk
Probably a case of the agent putting his/her interests before that of the player.

Acole9

Outstanding
So you are against the signing of matic given that he practically did the same. So did Rojo, the kid is 17. He is allowed to be a bit down for missing an important tour just because he did not sign a contract.

I say leaving 30,000 per week for the sake of his career shows maturity.
I don't excuse what Matic and Rojo did but they're our players now.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
WHY?!?!?

This is a 16 year old NOBODY who is throwing a fecking strop and refusing to do his job!!!

I would stay well bloody clear.
Because he's a extremely talented player that has the potential to reach the very top.

Jericholyte2

Because he's a extremely talented player that has the potential to reach the very top.
And what happens in a year when he's not given a 100k a week contract and throws another one?

This isn't a top level player going on strike because he can't move to his dream club (which would be bad enough) this is a SIXTEEN YEAR OLD BOY refusing to do his job.

Pathetic attitude and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
And what happens in a year when he's not given a 100k a week contract and throws another one?

This isn't a top level player going on strike because he can't move to his dream club (which would be bad enough) this is a SIXTEEN YEAR OLD BOY refusing to do his job.

It's a risk worth taking

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
He's 17 and rejecting an huge contract from City in order to play first team football. That's pretty admirable.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

What makes you so sure it's about money?

kps88

If he wants first team football at 17 he needs to be willing to go out on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.