Jadon Sancho goes to Dortmund ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
If both their careers take the trajectory of Alli, you never know, they are very bright prospects and Spurs would have a very good team.
Suspect Alli will be gone by the time Sancho reaches a strong place to be in Spurs' team if he does.

beingshe7don

Don't need Jadon Sancho... We've got way too many talented young players who are similar in potential and I would rather have them get game time instead. Unless we try and get Delli Ali whose tried and tested.

AP88

Supports
Man City
Great business again by Spurs. They're doing something right
Harry Winks, Josh Onomah, Marcus Edwards, now Sancho and eventually Sessegnon....in addition to Kane and Alli, they really could provide the spine of the pending super talented England team.

There's a lot of bitterness on here towards them; I say good luck, and have massive respect their project. Staying competitive without a wealthy benefactor like City and Chelsea is commendable and good for the sport.

There are a lot of parallels between them and the United of the early Premier League era.

Pocchettino needs to be a bit more savvy when it comes the traps that wily tacticians such as Mourinho and Conte set for him, and Levy needs to pay proper wages to their key players, but I'd rather they were challenging for honours than the aforementioned blues.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Mere nit-picking. The fact is that Spurs have a deserved, strong reputation for bringing through youth players. Why else do you think Sancho is leaving City to join us?
he's never settled in Manc is one of the biggest reason from what I've heard, not sure it's just a case of not getting opportunities, how many games do you think he'll play this season?

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
he's never settled in Manc is one of the biggest reason from what I've heard, not sure it's just a case of not getting opportunities, how many games do you think he'll play this season?
I've no idea ... could be anywhere between zero and ??? Need to remember that he's only 17 years old.

djdhrubs

Harry Winks, Josh Onomah, Marcus Edwards, now Sancho and eventually Sessegnon....in addition to Kane and Alli, they really could provide the spine of the pending super talented England team.

There's a lot of bitterness on here towards them; I say good luck, and have massive respect their project. Staying competitive without a wealthy benefactor like City and Chelsea is commendable and good for the sport.

There are a lot of parallels between them and the United of the early Premier League era.

Pocchettino needs to be a bit more savvy when it comes the traps that wily tacticians such as Mourinho and Conte set for him, and Levy needs to pay proper wages to their key players, but I'd rather they were challenging for honours than the aforementioned blues.
Apart from the winning stuff. And the expectation to win stuff.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Well known he wants to return to London around his family
That gives him a choice of several clubs, at least two of which can offer higher wages than Spurs. So that still leaves you in denial that Spurs are a very attractive option - perhaps the most attractive option in the Prem - for talented young prospects.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
That gives him a choice of several clubs, at least two of which can offer higher wages than Spurs. So that still leaves you in denial that Spurs are a very attractive option - perhaps the most attractive option in the Prem - for talented young prospects.
For this to hold any weight you would have to know that those several clubs want to sign him! Do you?

TheReligion

Abusive
Who else was in for him in London?

I'm not aware

TheReligion

Abusive
I thought we were talking London?

You have a point though because MK dons at least have a crack at winning one of the domestic cups as opposed to Tottenham not so hotspurs
I think Jadon can use his Oyster card to get to Milton Keynes. This would allow him to reside in London and travel with ease. Win win

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
For this to hold any weight you would have to know that those several clubs want to sign him! Do you?
For this to definitely not hold any weight you would have know that those several clubs don't want to sign him! Do you?

As far I'm aware, he's widely regarded as perhaps the most talented prospect of his age group in the Prem. So it would hardly be surprising if several clubs were very interested.

Summit

For this to definitely not hold any weight you would have know that those several clubs don't want to sign him! Do you?
I wasn't the one to make the claim though so why should I need to provide evidence? This is like believers in god when they say can non believers prove god doesn't exist?

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Is he definitely going there? Thought from the talk in here that it was confirmed, but can't see any reports saying so.

Probably the best possible move for him anyway, certainly he's much more likely to get game-time soon as Spurs compared to City and Pochettino and his coaching team should see through to him developing and fulfilling his potential.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
I wasn't the one to make the claim though so why should I need to provide evidence? This is like believers in god when they say can non believers prove god doesn't exist?
The only claim I've made is that Spurs are a very attractive club for talented young players. But you seem to have difficulty acknowledging this.

The evidence for this claim extends way back ... Sanchez and Sancho are only the most recent examples.

Summit

The only claim I've made is that Spurs are a very attractive club for talented young players. But you seem to have difficulty acknowledging this.

The evidence for this claim extends way back ... Sanchez and Sancho are only the most recent examples.
Glaston, you insinuated that there are other clubs interested in him otherwise why make the claim that other clubs can pay more wages? If you are the only club in for him then that statement makes no sense. If you aren't the only club in for him in London, then it obviously holds weight to what you was on about. Fact is you or I don't have a fecking clue who is/was in for him, but then again I'm not using several other clubs in London to to make it sound like Sancho chose my club over them.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Glaston, you insinuated that there are other clubs interested in him otherwise why make the claim that other clubs can pay more wages? If you are the only club in for him then that statement makes no sense. If you aren't the only club in for him in London, then it obviously holds weight to what you was on about. Fact is you or I don't have a fecking clue who is/was in for him, but then again I'm not using several other clubs in London to to make it sound like Sancho chose my club over them.
Lol ... I never even mentioned other clubs until you introduced the topic. Nor do I need to "claim" that other clubs can pay higher wages - it's a known fact.

I give up. You win: Spurs are an unattractive prospect for young talents and we just got lucky against all the odds. Happy now?

Summit

Lol ... I never even mentioned other clubs until you introduced the topic. Nor do I need to "claim" that other clubs can pay higher wages - it's a known fact.

I give up. You win: Spurs are an unattractive prospect for young talents and we just got lucky against all the odds. Happy now?
Maybe I have got the wrong end of the stick here, Glaston. I was referring to you saying this below. Also I wasn't asking you to prove other clubs can pay higher wages, I was asking you if you knew of any other clubs in London are in for him?
This post mentions other clubs before I mentioned them, no?

Anyway, lets stop it here, I feel like all I do lately is pull you up on shit, and we argue for a bit and go our separate ways...until the next time. I'll pipe down from now on, can't be arsed arguing with you all the time.

Last edited:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The bitterness is because of one supporter, if he wasn't on this forum I doubt anyone would care about Spurs in a negative way

Classical Mechanic

That's strange. Wondering what he is demanding for Spurs to back away?

Opens the way for Arsenal I suppose? And other London clubs too maybe.
City offered him £30k a week apparently so he will want around that. Looks like Levy's £5k a week and promise of first go on the USB port seats in the new stadium didn't swing it this time.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
could it be that as well as not settling in Manchester he has a major attitude problem and ego and Spurs don't want to upset the other young players they have there?

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Ask Glaston. He's ITK
I'm not ITK, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't deliberately tell lies.

IF the Sancho deal is off, it's most likely IMO because City are playing silly buggers over technicalities, even tho' the player wants out, has not signed a professional contract and wants to come to Spurs.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München

IF the Sancho deal is off, it's most likely IMO because City are playing silly buggers over technicalities, even tho' the player wants out, has not signed a professional contract and wants to come to Spurs.
Either that or BVB, as a more attractive destination, are serious about him after all. The timing is suspicious, isn't it?

FromTheBench

It will go to a tribunal. Not sure why Spurs we're expecting City to accept anything else.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Either that or BVB, as a more attractive destination, are serious about him after all. The timing is suspicious, isn't it?
Agreed. Pulisic was making regular appearances for the senior team at 17. Now he is more or less pencilled in as a starter at age 18. That has to be attractive for a very talented young player.

Status
Not open for further replies.