Jadon Sancho goes to Dortmund ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
could it be that as well as not settling in Manchester he has a major attitude problem and ego and Spurs don't want to upset the other young players they have there?
I've heard this too, but don't know how true it is. By all means this was apparently done on Wednesday so can only think City want more cash, all the deals now I'd say will go to the end of the window.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
:lol:. It would be amazing after all the trouble in this thread, for him to turn down Spurs.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
I always find it really odd when British journalists refer to places in continental Europe as "overseas"
It's because Welsh and English teams play in the same league (in part), and it also save confusion should a player move to the Scottish league. All of which could be described as 'abroad' technically depending on which of the home countries you're in and 'overseas' just removes that (admittedly marginal) grey area.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
He'll probably sign for Standard Liege tomorrow...

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He'll probably sign for Standard Liege tomorrow...
Still can't believe Fryers and Spurs shafted us over what would have been a meager compensation fee, great to see karma has shafted him with limited career appearances.

Nero

Still can't believe Fryers and Spurs shafted us over what would have been a meager compensation fee, great to see karma has shafted him with limited career appearances.
I had to laugh a couple of years after the move when he ended up lining up for the Spurs U21 side against ours. Nice progress Zeki.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I had to laugh a couple of years after the move when he ended up lining up for the Spurs U21 side against ours. Nice progress Zeki.
Same sort of thing happened with Ashley Fletcher, but at least he didn't think it was wise for himself to waste a year of his career in a second rate league just so the club that wanted to sign him save a couple of hundred thousand.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Can't view tweets at work, where is he going?

Nero

This is like us losing Angel Gomes. I'd be pissed.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Same sort of thing happened with Ashley Fletcher, but at least he didn't think it was wise for himself to waste a year of his career in a second rate league just so the club that wanted to sign him save a couple of hundred thousand.
Same in what way? I don't remember anything controversial about Fletcher's move.

George Beast

Probably England's most promising younger player, by some distance too. Wish we'd pulled all stops to sign him.

Classical Mechanic

This is like us losing Angel Gomes. I'd be pissed.
Not the same really. Gomes has been at United since he was 6. Sancho was only with City for a couple of years.

Probably England's most promising younger player, by some distance too. Wish we'd pulled all stops to sign him.
Don't agree with that. He is a top prospect but there are a number of them currently and the others seem to have better attitudes too.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Shame for Spurs if he goes to Germany but from the looks of it City simply refused to deal with us.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Why? I mean they are QUIDE LIDERALLY over the sea, isn't it?
It's because Welsh and English teams play in the same league (in part), and it also save confusion should a player move to the Scottish league. All of which could be described as 'abroad' technically depending on which of the home countries you're in and 'overseas' just removes that (admittedly marginal) grey area.
Nah what I meant is that for me, the word 'overseas' somehow implies a far greater distance of water travel than just crossing a few kilometers over the canal.
Obviously I'm not a native speaker, so I guess this is because the direct German counterpart 'Übersee' much more connotes some adventurous travel across oceans, to other continents, etc, and this connotation is activated in my head when I read 'overseas'. I don't think Germans would use the term 'Übersee' for going to Britain.
Also, I suspect that maybe people in Britain have a more distant relation towards continental Europe, than continental Europe has towards Britain, and this varying sense of distance might play a part in the usage of a word like overseas/'Übersee-'.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
He's refusing to train atm, right? Would be a bit hypocritical for Dortmund to sign someone on strike two weeks after Dembele was sold. Or is there more to it?

Classical Mechanic

He's refusing to train atm, right? Would be a bit hypocritical for Dortmund to sign someone on strike two weeks after Dembele was sold. Or is there more to it?
City didn't take him on tour because he wouldn't sign a new deal so he went AWOL.

There are bad signs regarding his attitude for sure. The U17 World Cup starts in a month and he isn't even training at the moment!

NoLogo

It should ring some alarm bells. He'll probably give them the same treatment once Real/PSG/Barca or any other big team comes calling in a season or two. If they do it right they might make a big profit on him though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
It should ring some alarm bells. He'll probably give them the same treatment once Real/PSG/Barca or any other big team comes calling in a season or two. If they do it right they might make a big profit on him though.
I'm not talking about finances - his passport already guarantees Dortmund a very nice profit, even if he flops. I'm talking more about the moral side of blaming Barca for their role in Dembele's strike and then turning around and buying someone who does just the same.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
If he's really such a big talent then Bayern should have just shown him the age of our wingers.

izec

Good work by Dortmund. If he turns out to be good, they can make a lot of money again, as he inevitably will move on

Status
Not open for further replies.