Jadon Sancho (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

massiveissue

He gave him a carrot by letting him take a 3 month break to get his head straight. When the carrot constantly fails, you give the stick.

You genuinely might be the worst poster on the forum.
He is right about one thing though, public criticism is seriously not okay, eapecially with these snowflake millenials.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ihave the same reaction score as you and you’ve had a head start of 8 years and 29,000 posts.

Maybe that’s because your primary contributions are regularly insulting posters who have different football opinions to you.
Hardly any of my posts have been given a reaction score, again, well done on the consistency of your posts.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Ihave the same reaction score as you and you’ve had a head start of 8 years and 29,000 posts.

Maybe that’s because your primary contributions are regularly insulting posters who have different football opinions to you.

Ok? :houllier:

It’s all made up, isn’t it? The racial abuse, the friends and family dying, the having to deactivate from social media etc. etc.?

Ironic you say that I’m inventing things to suit my argument but you say: “he’s an unprofessional tit who thinks he’s above working hard”.
:lol: reactions are given to newbies until they get 10 at which point they’re promoted, that’s why you have nearly the same reaction score.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
He is right about one thing though, public criticism is seriously not okay, eapecially with these snowflake millenials.
Rashford and Garnacho have taken it fairly well in recent times. As long as the criticism isn't unfair or rude then there's no reason people can't respond well to it. It should also be noted that often the criticism isn't really directed at the ostensible target, sometimes it's about setting the standard for the squad / club and picking a target that you know can handle it. Evra said Fergie used to do it to him quite a lot.

Redstain

I think both the player and manager have fault in this situation, even if there's a disagreement it bloating up to the player needing to leave unless apologising is not great. The bottom line however is that Sancho isn't good enough, last season when he was playing games he was a level below the rest of the attack because he lacked intensity. He's not a player cut out for the league, he's good technically but got no physicality and doesn't have the cutting edge mentally to offset his physical disparity by being sharp with his decisions.

I remember Pep describing this about players who aren't physical that they can be ahead of the curb with their mindset to play the game knowing what they need to do before their opponent can anticipate.

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Exactly. You need to call a spade a spade. Even Jose has gone on the record and said he has had to adapt to “snowflake millenials”. It may not be something you like but it is the reality of the situation. Sancho’s generation is different.

Hardly any of my posts have been given a reaction score, again, well done on the consistency of your posts.
So does that mean you contribute nowt to this forum beyond mocking posters due to a difference in football opinions

:lol: reactions are given to newbies until they get 10 at which point they’re promoted, that’s why you have nearly the same reaction score.
He’s got none since being promoted and he posts A LOT :lol:.

If that was me I wouldn’t go around mocking other posters for having a different opinion to me. Just saying.

Rashford and Garnacho have taken it fairly well in recent times. As long as the criticism isn't unfair or rude then there's no reason people can't respond well to it. It should also be noted that often the criticism isn't really directed at the ostensible target, sometimes it's about setting the standard for the squad / club and picking a target that you know can handle it. Evra said Fergie used to do it to him quite a lot.
I don’t remember SAF publicly calling out Uncle Pat. And he was not an angel either, remember when he took the French NT on strike when Anelka was booted out of the camp. Either way, not everyone responds the same to tough love or public criticism. It’s duty of the leader in any sort of organisation to make a judgement on how to reprimand or connect with someone who they feel is not meeting the standard or they want more out of.

In Sancho, ETH did not pick a target that could handle it. Sancho’s mental fragility following the racial abuse after the Euros is well publicised. I feel that many on here and among the wider fanbase generally do not understand how traumatising being a victim of racism can be. This is to be expected if you can’t relate but some empathy would be nice…

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Exactly. You need to call a spade a spade. Even Jose has gone on the record and said he has had to adapt to “snowflake millenials”. It may not be something you like but it is the reality of the situation. Sancho’s generation is different.

So does that mean you contribute nowt to this forum beyond mocking posters due to a difference in football opinions

If that was me I wouldn’t go around mocking other posters for having a different opinion to me. Just saying.

I don’t remember SAF publicly calling out Uncle Pat. And he was not an angel either, remember when he took the French NT on strike when Anelka was booted out of the camp. Either way, not everyone responds the same to tough love or public criticism. It’s duty of the leader in any sort of organisation to make a judgement on how to reprimand or connect with someone who they feel is not meeting the standard or they want more out of.

In Sancho, ETH did not pick a target that could handle it. Sancho’s mental fragility following the racial abuse after the Euros is well publicised. I feel that many on here and among the wider fanbase generally do not understand how traumatising being a victim of racism can be. This is to be expected if you can’t relate but some empathy would be nice…
Nobody gets likes once they’re promoted. That was my point. Jesus Christ, your whole claim was ridiculous.

TwoSheds

Well the exception to picking a target that can handle it is when you don't give a shit if they can handle it or not because they're worthless anyway so you might as well find out what they're made of and send a message to the rest while you're there.

End of the day the lad got a 3 month paid break to go and work on whatever it was that was bothering him last season, came back and couldn't really be arsed. At what point are you allowed to stop wasting your energy on someone that doesn't want to play their part?

Shark

@NotShark
Is this guy not embarrassed to be spending the season twiddling his thumbs? If anything sums up our horrendous recruitment policy, it's this saga. Been critical of ETH this season, but only one of them is looking dignified throughout all of this.

massiveissue

What works for others can not work for some others. It's irrelevant what Fergie did 15 years ago and it's irrelevant how Rashford and Garnacho reacted what ETH did, people are very different and you are not a manager of people if you do not understand that you need to adapt and treat them differently.

ETH knew he had a guy there with serious motivation(albeit you need to be a certain type of idiot not to be motivated to have the most beautiful job on the planet) and mental health struggles. Added to that, he also had a fairly known track record of not being a serious guy, turning up late to training, etc. Considering this, the only way in which you do that publicly if you want to get rid of him, end of story.

I managed people all my professional career, no fecking way you go to a news station and say "this guy doesn't work well", especially when you are his manager. I think people take the word "manager" very lightly these days.

He knew he had a guy with issues, and he did the most un-managerial gesture possible.

Do you think the club would be okay to say in their ETH sacking statement "This guy was not properly preparing the team"?

Reactions: sizzling sausages

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

It has already been explained to you that reaction scores are for newbies. Once promoted they do not hold any significance.

Back to sancho, you have ignored that Ten hag consistently gave him the carrot last year before finally resorting to the stick. So your point doesn't hold.

onemanarmy

What works for others can not work for some others. It's irrelevant what Fergie did 15 years ago and it's irrelevant how Rashford and Garnacho reacted what ETH did, people are very different and you are not a manager of people if you do not understand that you need to adapt and treat them differently.

ETH knew he had a guy there with serious motivation(albeit you need to be a certain type of idiot not to be motivated to have the most beautiful job on the planet) and mental health struggles. Added to that, he also had a fairly known track record of not being a serious guy, turning up late to training, etc. Considering this, the only way in which you do that publicly if you want to get rid of him, end of story.

I managed people all my professional career, no fecking way you go to a news station and say "this guy doesn't work well", especially when you are his manager. I think people take the word "manager" very lightly these days.

He knew he had a guy with issues, and he did the most un-managerial gesture possible.

Do you think the club would be okay to say in their ETH sacking statement "This guy was not properly preparing the team"?
Maybe he talked to Sancho numerous times, warned him, tried to help him... and it was hopeless. Ten Hag did play him a lot last year. I have no idea what happened behind the scenes, and neither do you.

OleGunnar20

Christ, I keep seeing this bumped only to find not even a morsel of a tweet of a rumour of a Saudi Prince riding in to save us from this sulking dweeb.

It's more than my little heart can bare.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
And it's not Sancho's fault the managers just as big of a tit.
It is manager's job to be "a tit". Sir Alex was the best manager in history of the sport, and he has repeatedly removed world class players for less. Sancho hasn't done shit for us, let alone being world class and the petulant a-hole will rather sit on his ass than apologize.

His behavior is unprecedented and goes way beyond any conflict with anybody. He shows complete lack of care for his own career and absolute disrespect for the fans

I don't ever want to see him play for us, whether Ten Hag stays or not, but more critically - it's hard to imagine who would want him on their team now that he has shown his corrupt character.

We will struggle to loan him out for very cheap and he would need to do very well during loan spell anybody to get over his behavior, but there is no way PS5's best friend behaves better anywhere else and scores ton of goals somewhere else, after sitting on his ass for months, so...

So we are fecked, and his career is fecked, unless he fecks off to Saudi, but he is too arrogant to go to that league, so we are likely stuck having to keep paying his insane salary for years

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Maybe he talked to Sancho numerous times, warned him, tried to help him... and it was hopeless. Ten Hag did play him a lot last year. I have no idea what happened behind the scenes, and neither do you.
We actually do know that ten hag tried very desparate things to get sancho in the right headspace without openly criticising him last year.

TwoSheds

Does your job have journalists who are paid to ask you about your team every week who notice when they go missing? And have you never wanted to get rid of anyone in your team? Never told anyone off to make a point to the others?

THE ZOL

Daddy Sancho
Supports
Al-Merreikh (Omdorman)
Well the exception to picking a target that can handle it is when you don't give a shit if they can handle it or not because they're worthless anyway so you might as well find out what they're made of and send a message to the rest while you're there.

End of the day the lad got a 3 month paid break to go and work on whatever it was that was bothering him last season, came back and couldn't really be arsed. At what point are you allowed to stop wasting your energy on someone that doesn't want to play their part?
Why do you say Sancho couldn’t be arsed? Based off what? The fact that he doesn’t charge around like an Antony or a Pellistri? That’s not his game and it will never will be.

Nonetheless, he came back and had some good performances although he was never a starter because, let’s be real, Ten Hag doesn’t really fancy him as a player.

Either way, if it’s true that Sancho could never be arsed, Ten Hag had the January and the summer to sell. Why didn’t he do it

Spot on. I think a lot of people who think this was ETH’s right to act like this have never managed people before and it shows.

The bit in bold is also why I disagree with the public criticism. At the end of the day, Sancho is the club’s asset. It is well within Ten Hag’s right to sell him and it is probably best for all parties. But what he did was stupid. It was not in club’s interest.

By calling out Sancho’s commitment in public he decreased Sancho’s value drastically. We will already struggle to recoup £75m on Sancho based on his performances but now how would we get anything close to £50m after a) his professionalism has been publicly questioned and b) the club then briefed the media about his alleged professionalism issues to justify what Ten Hag did.

It actually works out in Sancho’s favour. The club is now desperate to get rid of him and are willing to accept any price to stop paying the wages of a player who is banished. The buying club can refuse to go above a certain amount because they will say “you guys literally admitted that he’s not a good professional”. Compare this to how Chelsea fleece buyers for their underwhelming players.

The way Ten Hag managed this whole situation shows that this club is too big for him.

It has already been explained to you that reaction scores are for newbies. Once promoted they do not hold any significance.

Back to sancho, you have ignored that Ten hag consistently gave him the carrot last year before finally resorting to the stick. So your point doesn't hold.
I won’t respond to you until you delete your disrespectful posts and apologise. If you want a response from The Zol you have to reach a certain level every day.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I won’t respond to you until you delete your disrespectful posts and apologise. If you want a response from The Zol you have to reach a certain level every day.
I actually love this :lol:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Does your job have journalists who are paid to ask you about your team every week who notice when they go missing? And have you never wanted to get rid of anyone in your team? Never told anyone off to make a point to the others?
I'm sure coaches are more than capable to give non-answers to just about any question and I find it hard to come up with a scenario where burning bridges via the public is good man management.

Gordon S

I`m waiting for the inevitable memes!

Marwood

You can't compare your job to that of a football manager. With respect nobody cares about what goes on at your job or mine. You don't have to speak to the press every week.

It's a very unique place to be.

Revan

Assumptionman
:lol: :lol:

Let’s do a new round of mental obliteration!

TwoSheds

I'm sure coaches are more than capable to give non-answers to just about any question and I find it hard to come up with a scenario where burning bridges via the public is good man management.
For any normal player that wouldn't have been burning bridges though. It was actually calm and respectful unlike what somebody like Mourinho would say about some of our players. I'm all for nobody wasting too much mental energy on Sancho personally, it's nobody's fault but the United board's if they've given a 21 year old a contract big enough that he fancied semi-retirement off the back of it.

Dortmund might not be able to afford "£70m" to make a point but we didn't have much choice other than to take a massive loss off Sancho anyway so what's £20m or whatever really? If anything I think selling him for too low a fee would make our FFP calculations worse weirdly.

Toblerone92

The effort that has gone into defending Sancho in this thread recently by certain posters boggles the mind. He quite clearly had an attitude problem, which was also evident at Dortmund, yet despite being given extra time to work through his issues by EtH toward the end of last year, has shown no sign of applying himself or coming close to justifying the astronomical salary he is being paid.

Say what you want about Ten Hag’s management style but he is ultimately the manager and has given Sancho ample opportunity to prove himself and I personally cannot wait until he is another clubs problem. The less lazy and petulant children we have in the squad the better and I would ask all those here constantly defending him to such an extent to ask themselves what is more important, Jason Sancho’s feelings or the overall harmony within the squad?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
As I just posted in another thread, his contract is obscene. He won’t leave for a pay cut, and because you so massively overpaid to attract him to the club you’re stuck with a very expensive player on a long contract.

Quite simply, clubs which would like him or where I could picture him going (mid to high tier clubs like Juventus, BvB, Atletico, maybe Villa/Spurs) can’t afford him.

He is on over £13m a year salary plus bonuses until 2027. A club would then also have to pay a transfer fee to Manchester United, a huge agent fee (notorious agent Emeka Obasi), signing on fee…

In short, the only clubs who could afford to take him on a permanent move don’t need him. The clubs that would want him can’t afford him.

I strongly suspect a loan next month back to Germany - if Ten Hag stays.
Fair points.
No @THE ZOL got them for his excellent postings.

Only 211 messages and 10 points makes him arguably world class 21.1 ppR (posts per reaction) I remember watching The Zol post on a German forum where he was similarly mercurial.

The fact he’s not appreciated on this forum as much is just your agenda, media bias and down to personal circumstance and it’s not at all his fault. Have you tried engaging him with an arm around the shoulder or by offering a carrot?

Also don’t come at me with the lame ass you need 10 points to be a full member rubbish we all know he’s a generational poster to have been promoted so quickly. You’re just not on his level:
27,171 posts and only 22 likes puts you at a pitiful 1235.04 ppR which makes @THE ZOL statistically 58.8 times better than you on a per post basis. Mere mortal in the shadow of Zoltan.

Keep going!
100% this forum doesn’t deserve you.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Also @THE ZOL I know I only have 786ppR so I completely understand if we can’t chat. You’re 37 times the poster I am so don’t stoop to my level by replying.

Toblerone92

Am I worthy of posting in this thread? Feeling intimidated by all the high power posters that seem to be present of late.

Maybe I need a month in the Netherlands to get my head round it all :houllier:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
For any normal player that wouldn't have been burning bridges though. It was actually calm and respectful unlike what somebody like Mourinho would say about some of our players. I'm all for nobody wasting too much mental energy on Sancho personally, it's nobody's fault but the United board's if they've given a 21 year old a contract big enough that he fancied semi-retirement off the back of it.

Dortmund might not be able to afford "£70m" to make a point but we didn't have much choice other than to take a massive loss off Sancho anyway so what's £20m or whatever really? If anything I think selling him for too low a fee would make our FFP calculations worse weirdly.
I don't think you mention something negative about people at the club to the press at all unless it's a deliberate decision. Was Sancho's reaction (overly) sensitive and unprofessional? Probably. Was an unprofessional reaction foreseeable? Probably. Did any of this benefit the club? Probably not. Was is it therefore a good decision? Probably not.

Shinjch

I don't think you mention something negative about people at the club to the press at all unless it's a deliberate decision. Was Sancho's reaction (overly) sensitive and unprofessional? Probably. Was an unprofessional reaction foreseeable? Probably. Did any of this benefit the club? Probably not. Was is it therefore a good decision? Probably not.
It is the sort of thing that could benefit the club in the long term if the people in charge of the football side are all signing off the hymn sheet. Remains to be seen though.

TwoSheds

But every club very occasionally mentions they've had to discipline the squad or a player. As long as you do it in a fair and respectful way then it's not an unreasonable thing to do. If the player takes it badly then they have to be good enough without coaching that you make up and play them anyway, or they're never going to improve and they'll be a bad example for the rest of the club. Best not worrying too much about people like that, time to get rid if possible.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Am I worthy of posting in this thread? Feeling intimidated by all the high power posters that seem to be present of late.

Maybe I need a month in the Netherlands to get my head round it all :houllier:
Rosmalen is beautiful this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.