Jadon Sancho| Staying at Dortmund for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Bond

City would have to add more than 50% to their current transfer record. Add to that he left as Pep told him he had to sign a new contract if he wanted to go on tour with them otherwise he had to stay at home, whereas he wanted to wait to see if he was going to be given chances in the first team before committing on a long term contract. He left on a sour note.

If he wants to come back to England, we'll be in pole position for reasons all very financial. If he's open to moving to another country, we most certainly won't be.

F-A-C-T-S

Anyone else worried that he will end up at Liverpool? They haven't spent a penny this summer and can conceivably splurge on one or 2 big money signings next summer.
I don't know if it would be a good idea to spend 120m plus, on one player when we have at least 4/5 other positions to work on. But he is a world class prospect and signing great attacking players can mask your weaknesses.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Forget Sancho! To expensive.

First we need to come back to the CL. Secondly we can invest more wisely then throwing £100+ at one player when our needs is at least two quality midfielders plus one right winger. Signing Dani Olmo for less then £50m seems like a better option then going all in on just one player.

Edit. Auto spell corrected my initial Olmo to Osmo. My bad.

Last edited:

GledTheRed

Forget Sancho! To expensive.

First we need to come back to the CL. Secondly we can invest more wisely then throwing £100+ at one player when our needs is at least two quality midfielders plus one right winger. Signing Dani Osmo for less then £50m seems like a better option then going all in on just one player.
Who?

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
City would have to add more than 50% to their current transfer record. Add to that he left as Pep told him he had to sign a new contract if he wanted to go on tour with them otherwise he had to stay at home, whereas he wanted to wait to see if he was going to be given chances in the first team before committing on a long term contract. He left on a sour note.

If he wants to come back to England, we'll be in pole position for reasons all very financial. If he's open to moving to another country, we most certainly won't be.
I have no clue how any of the personal stuff between Pep and Sancho might impact his willingness to go back there or Pep's willingness to pursue him.

But the idea that Man City either wouldn't have the money or wouldn't want to buy him because they don't spend that much on any one player is absolutely false. If anything, they will be ready to spend big next summer after two years of relative austerity as they get out from under some FPP restrictions and, in particular, if they still end up selling Sane. While they have never spent more than £63m on a player, this is mainly a matter of timing - they had already built their team and haven't needed to spend big the last couple years. In the past, they have often spent near the top of the market for players (Stones was the most expensive CB ever at the time, Mendy the most expensive fullback ever, De Bruyne one of the most expensive midfielders ever). The bottom line is that if the personal stuff doesn't preclude a return and they rate Sancho highly enough, the price tag isn't going to get in their way.

In Rainbows

I have no clue how any of the personal stuff between Pep and Sancho might impact his willingness to go back there or Pep's willingness to pursue him.

But the idea that Man City either wouldn't have the money or wouldn't want to buy him because they don't spend that much on any one player is absolutely false. If anything, they will be ready to spend big next summer after two years of relative austerity as they get out from under some FPP restrictions and, in particular, if they still end up selling Sane. While they have never spent more than £63m on a player, this is mainly a matter of timing - they had already built their team and haven't needed to spend big the last couple years. In the past, they have often spent near the top of the market for players (Stones was the most expensive CB ever at the time, Mendy the most expensive fullback ever, De Bruyne one of the most expensive midfielders ever). The bottom line is that if the personal stuff doesn't preclude a return and they rate Sancho highly enough, the price tag isn't going to get in their way.
At the same time, is Sancho guaranteed playing time? No. Not when Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, and Sterling are there. If you have a small period of loss in form, you get dropped. Bernardo got 2,800 minutes his first season (53 apps). Last season he got 4000 minutes.

At United he would be guaranteed minutes because there is nobody there who can displace him.

Again, to me it's going to come down to whether or not United show enough for him to believe in the project. The minimum is getting top 4. Another signing besides him, and improvement in our other players are needed. Because any signing is going to ask themselves "If I'm part of the team, how much better will we be?"

This is admittedly a tall task.

NJM78

I bet he can't wait for this season to end so he can join us.

He is joining us right...? I'm sure I have read on here and social media that it's a given.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You would have sold him for 110- 125m.
You seem to be quite well informed about this then. What kept United - or any other major club for that matter - from buying him then? I am quite certain that if he was as easily attainable as you're stating he would have moved already.

Macedonian Red

Anyone else worried that he will end up at Liverpool? They haven't spent a penny this summer and can conceivably splurge on one or 2 big money signings next summer.
I don't know if it would be a good idea to spend 120m plus, on one player when we have at least 4/5 other positions to work on. But he is a world class prospect and signing great attacking players can mask your weaknesses.
Always is good idea to buy young players who are class. Just imagine if we signed Felix this summer. He will be best player in our team. And still just 20yo. But he dont have Utd DNA right? Lingard has.

Jimmy_Bond

Hang on a minute. Whatever you say, City have never spent anywhere near as much on one player as what they'd have to spend in order to buy Sancho. That's fact. And whilst there owner clearly has the money, UEFA have it in for City (and rightly so) so they will have to continue to be careful. I suspect Sancho will end up costing around £120m if he has another good season. Under the current rules City would struggle to pay this, as history dictates. Do I think he'll end up at United? Probably not. Do I think he'll sign for another English club? Only Liverpool if they can scrape that sort of money together, but when it comes to English clubs, like it or lump it, United are favourites.

Take in to account as well that next month it will be recommend to UEFA that they hand City a three year CL ban. Just what will end up happening I don't know, but don't be thinking that issues at City are over. In reality, they're just starting. Even if they ended up just having a one year ban, similar to Milan, that would make it difficult for them to be eligible to qualify for the following year as when they lose CL income, they struggle to meet the FFP regulations to qualify for the CL. Even if they are banned initially and end up having it overturned after long court proceedings, it will disrupt planning future transfer business in the meantime (and certain won't allow them to be putting in place a deal for a transfer worth double their current record), and put even tighter observation on their spending in future seasons.

Regarding the personal stuff with Pep, i suspect it will have an impact as it was pretty much (correctly) seen as blackmail. Sancho has flat out refused to talk about it with the press as to not get caught up in anything. He left on bad terms though.

Renegade

I can see Madrid looking to replace Bale with Sancho next season. I’m sure Bayern will be interested in a winger too.

David Silva finishes with City after this season which will probably see Bernardo move inside to replace him opening up a Winger option.

Chelsea I’m sure will be interested with Willian & Pedro slowing down.

Could Spurs be interested if Erickson moves on? I’m sure creativity will be something they will be looking for.

I don’t see Sancho moving here. Is he united fan or something because people talk like it’s a sure thing regardless if we secure a top 4 finish or not. Where does the confidence come from?

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I can Madrid looking to replace Bale with Sancho next season. I’m sure Bayern will be interested in a winger too.

David Silva finishes at City after this season which will probably see Bernardo move inside to replace him opening up a Winger option.

Chelsea I’m sure will be interested with Willian & Pedro slowing down.

Could Spurs be interested if Erickson moves on? I’m sure creativity will be something they will be looking for.

I don’t see Sancho moving here. Is a united fan or something because people talk like it’s a sure thing. Regardless of a top 4 finish or not. Where does the confidence come from?
It's something between hope and delusion

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Hang on a minute. Whatever you say, City have never spent anywhere near as much on one player as what they'd have to spend in order to buy Sancho. That's fact. And whilst there owner clearly has the money, UEFA have it in for City (and rightly so) so they will have to continue to be careful. I suspect Sancho will end up costing around £120m if he has another good season. Under the current rules City would struggle to pay this, as history dictates. Do I think he'll end up at United? Probably not. Do I think he'll sign for another English club? Only Liverpool if they can scrape that sort of money together, but when it comes to English clubs, like it or lump it, United are favourites.

Take in to account as well that next month it will be recommend to UEFA that they hand City a three year CL ban. Just what will end up happening I don't know, but don't be thinking that issues at City are over. In reality, they're just starting. Even if they ended up just having a one year ban, similar to Milan, that would make it difficult for them to be eligible to qualify for the following year as when they lose CL income, they struggle to meet the FFP regulations to qualify for the CL. Even if they are banned initially and end up having it overturned after long court proceedings, it will disrupt planning future transfer business in the meantime (and certain won't allow them to be putting in place a deal for a transfer worth double their current record), and put even tighter observation on their spending in future seasons.

Regarding the personal stuff with Pep, i suspect it will have an impact as it was pretty much (correctly) seen as blackmail. Sancho has flat out refused to talk about it with the press as to not get caught up in anything. He left on bad terms though.
I don't know how the UEFA proceedings will play out but, all that aside, they will have no trouble paying £120M for Sancho. For one, they're still likely to sell Sane to Bayern for about that figure, potentially offsetting the move completely. For two, for the purposes of FFP, club profits and losses are calculated on a three year rolling window. City's issue has been that they spent huge in 16/17 and 17/18, which is what required greater austerity in 18/19 and 19/20. But once next summer rolls around, those years of massive outlays now won't matter at all. They'll be in better position vis-a-vis FFP than they've been in several years.

Its just wishful thinking to believe that City wouldn't spend that much on a player if they think he's world class and likely to be one of the best in the game.

Jimmy_Bond

Its just wishful thinking to believe that City wouldn't spend that much on a player if they think he's world class and likely to be one of the best in the game.
If Sane comes back fine and they sell him for close to £100m then you're spot on.

Hopefully by then they'll have been banned for all the cheating. What I would say is, United would probably offer him a salary much larger than City, and probably more agent fees. I wouldn't necessarily be in favour of this as it's the culture that got us into this mess, but when competing financially for players, United will always have the upper hand in City.

If he has no grudge against City, and isn't a United fan/ or money orientated you'd expect him to go there of course.

All speculation at this point. Unless we start showing some signs of progress on the pitch, any right-minded player would give us the dodge.

lsd

The Oracle
If Sane comes back fine and they sell him for close to £100m then you're spot on.

Hopefully by then they'll have been banned for all the cheating. What I would say is, United would probably offer him a salary much larger than City, and probably more agent fees. I wouldn't necessarily be in favour of this as it's the culture that got us into this mess, but when competing financially for players, United will always have the upper hand in City.

If he has no grudge against City, and isn't a United fan/ or money orientated you'd expect him to go there of course.

All speculation at this point. Unless we start showing some signs of progress on the pitch, any right-minded player would give us the dodge.

He isnt a United fan this fantasy really needs to stop

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s the Glazers/Woodward feeding the press a line again & fans are lapping it up.

“The reason we didn’t buy anyone is because we only want Sancho”

He isn’t coming.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have the feeling we missed the chance to sign him this summer. If we got CL I think it would have happened. Now he'll likely be snapped up by someone else.

In Rainbows

Even if he was, being a fan really does not matter. Sterling was a United fan and he played for Liverpool and City. Players make decisions on what they think is good for their careers. If United get top 4 and sell him on our project, we have a really good chance. If United can't sell him on the project then he will go to another club. Simple as that.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Even if he was, being a fan really does not matter. Sterling was a United fan and he played for Liverpool and City. Players make decisions on what they think is good for their careers. If United get top 4 and sell him on our project, we have a really good chance. If United can't sell him on the project then he will go to another club. Simple as that.
Not really. We will haggle around Dortmund for 2 months and get the transfer over the line by paying 180m during the final days of the window

Redcy

We won’t be getting top 4 so everything else is irrelevant. However we do have the best off the Baal player in the world. No other player does 98% of his work without it. Think how efficient that is

dabeast

With Sancho as a RW, our attack will be the best in the world in 2021.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We won’t be getting top 4 so everything else is irrelevant. However we do have the best off the Baal player in the world. No other player does 98% of his work without it. Think how efficient that is
Who's gonna win the upcoming Euros?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Love to know how

This is a ridiculous thread the amount of disrespect shown by United fans here . Whether its insulting Dortmund fans for telling the truth and posting nonsence that Sancho is best friends with every United player going .

Talking about the guy like he is a Utd player already and hes just on loan to Dortmund until we snap our fingers and he will come running .

Considering how uptight we get when our players are linked to other clubs its embarrassing how deluded we sound when we do stuff like this .

We may sign him in the future if we spend absolutely crazy money that other clubs wont do but that's a huge if and he wants to come here which is an even bigger if . Other than that we may as well say its only a matter of time till we sign Mbappe etc
It’s pretty bad but I’ve seen worse in Griezmann and De Ligt threads.

Albeit 100+ pages on a player with zero links yet I remember posters belittling Bluemoon for having a Pogba thread when he was at Juve for a Yaya heir having 50 pages.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I honestly can’t see why the optimism has been present all summer with this deal. According to a couple of journalists, (reliable journalists, but still journalists all the same) he was up for coming here around about the time we were knocking PSG out of the champions league and Ole was looking like Fergie in his prime. Then he was put off when he realised all that was an illusion. Surely that’s where the story ends?

Andy_Cole

I honestly can’t see why the optimism has been present all summer with this deal. According to a couple of journalists, (reliable journalists, but still journalists all the same) he was up for coming here around about the time we were knocking PSG out of the champions league and Ole was looking like Fergie in his prime. Then he was put off when he realised all that was an illusion. Surely that’s where the story ends?
Sounds about right.

Unless we have a terrific season we have no chance.

Redcy

Because we are man united people think we somehow will be guaranteed a spot in the top 4 this year, because you know pogba, martial, lingard. Despite the evidence from the first three games is we arent very good, people are hoping we will get better, that our previously average strike force is going to double its numbers for the first time in years, and that our woefully thin midfield are going to be great, even with an injury.

On the other hand he could go to the bernabeo or psg as one of the most expensive players ever.

cyberman

You can't believe one half of the stories from journos and ignore the second because it doesn't fit the Man Uyd are shit narrative.
They say if we qualified for CL he would have came. No need to add imaginary goalposts, you either believe it all of not.
But feck Lingard and we are the size of Huddersfield am I right?

Status
Not open for further replies.